Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
07 Apr 22 00:04
| Topic/replies: 56,024 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
"Erik ten Hag is confident of being offered the position of Manchester United’s next permanent manager following the agreement between the Dutchman’s camp and the club that Steve McClaren should be appointed as his No 2 if the 51-year-old takes over.

The Ajax coach has held more talks with United about succeeding Ole Gunnar Solskjær and is understood to view the club’s willingness to consider McClaren, who Ten Hag worked under at FC Twente for the 2008-09 season,as a positive sign he could be heading to Old Trafford. Although a deal is yet to be sealed, Ten Hag and his advisers will now be surprised if he misses out."
Pause Switch to Standard View Erik ten Haag next Man United manager
Show More
Report Crisp77 April 7, 2022 12:59 PM BST
McClaren is quoted as saying “alright our kid, I’m mad for it”
Report The Dragon April 7, 2022 5:25 PM BST
you got to be kiding me the wally with the brolly going back!!!!!

theyll be in the champ with everton year after next
Report sofaking April 7, 2022 5:59 PM BST
Underwhelming appointment. I don't think he's the man to fix this mess. Not sure who is capable of fixing it though.
Report tobermory April 7, 2022 6:02 PM BST
What will Poch do now?

I guess wait out 18 months until Ten Haag is sacked. Though he'd have to hope that Schteve doesn't spin a caretaker role into a 3 year deal.
Report Aspro April 7, 2022 6:04 PM BST
Have to agree sofa. As for Poch, stock is dropping; will probably end up at Newcastle
Report The Dragon April 7, 2022 6:06 PM BST
poch will go to everton in the championship- both losersWink
Report sofaking April 7, 2022 6:10 PM BST
Yeah, Poch's stock is definitely dropping. I still believe he'll return to Spurs at some stage in the next few years.
Report The Dragon April 7, 2022 6:16 PM BST
another losing club
Report Aspro April 7, 2022 6:17 PM BST
Let's see what happens on 7th May Dragon Devil
Report Aspro April 7, 2022 6:18 PM BST
...but you're probably right SillyGrin
Report The Dragon April 7, 2022 6:25 PM BST
weell they have a decent manager at the mo and it would be madness to lose hime, esp for the seriel loser and overrated Poch.

Why on erth wd you want him back ...total madness
Report Aspro April 7, 2022 6:33 PM BST
I never said I wanted him back, but I wouldn't doubt it happening. He's good with the kids and those trying to establish or re-establish their game, but doesn't handle the faces too well (not that we have many of those) and has very limited ability in the transfer market.
Report sofaking April 7, 2022 6:38 PM BST

Apr 7, 2022 -- 6:25PM, The Dragon wrote:

weell they have a decent manager at the mo and it would be madness to lose hime, esp for the seriel loser and overrated Poch.Why on erth wd you want him back ...total madness

I didn't saw I wanted him back either. Conte looks a far better manager and I hope he stays long term.

Report lurka April 7, 2022 9:02 PM BST
Ten Hag the best candidate imo. But he needs a massive clearout and a few years. Surprised at McClaren but it might work well.
Report The Dragon April 7, 2022 9:05 PM BST
i was using you in the general sense not specfically to aspro or SK
Report HallGreenSpy April 7, 2022 9:37 PM BST
The club that just cannot put itself right.

Get Ten Haag in - Great.
Steve McLaren assistant. Really??

They'll probably keep Phelan and Fletcher ffs.

What's wrong with you lot???!!!
Report Capt__F April 7, 2022 10:17 PM BST
Pat phelan better option
Report The Dragon April 8, 2022 1:33 PM BST
spot on HGS
Report Aspro April 13, 2022 9:11 AM BST
Once the BBC quote then it is usually a done deal; they seldom do speculation in sport. I'm not convinced that Ten Hag is the answer but it'll be an interesting watch
Report lurka April 13, 2022 9:46 AM BST
Ten Hag worked with McClaren at Twente, that's where the connection comes from. I'd say if he is to be coach, the likes of Phelan and Fletcher will be taking a back seat, which is a good thing.
Report rommel April 13, 2022 10:05 AM BST
dont go doon the dutchman with a double barrelled surname route again
Report rommel April 13, 2022 10:06 AM BST
i think were forgetting the Ole golden years here,the man is a lejj
Report Aspro April 13, 2022 10:13 AM BST
At least OGS had Premier League experience. This is a huge step-up for someone with no experience at all. Strange choice imo, but what do I know?
Report Aspro April 13, 2022 10:16 AM BST
I guess McClaren will help here though
Report WhiteHatJon April 13, 2022 10:39 AM BST
It seems madness to me that they didn't, at least, try to tap up Tuchel after the Chelsea debacle and also try and tap up Conte when he made it clear he was prepared to walk if he was the problem at Spurs.

After Pep and Klopp, these two are probably the best about at this mmoment in time and not to see if there was any interest at all, seems very curious.

So it looks like they went down the TH or Poch route, who are clearly not the best of class candidates in my view.

This will probably end up in tears again, whoever get's it ?
Report lurka April 13, 2022 11:15 AM BST
The problem at United is also above the manager's head. Are they going to back him fully or interfere with transfers etc? I'd have thought they might have looked to get Van Der Sar from Ajax too. Maybe they will in the coming years. He has experience as a CEO and on the marketing side before that at Ajax and is also a United legend.

The owners need to realise that they could spend half the money they do and be more successful, which would also mean better commercial, tv revenues etc, if they get it right on the footballing side. Most American owners concentrate on growing revenues thru business contacts and negotiations rather than thru being a successful team on the pitch, because that's all they know.
Report tobermory April 13, 2022 4:40 PM BST
I'd agree Poch's stock has dropped a little, but IMO Ten Haag's has too.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! April 13, 2022 4:52 PM BST
Poch toasted Haag Ajax side
Manu want second rate managers
LaughLaughLaugh
Report 11kv April 13, 2022 6:40 PM BST
Eric and Steve the gift that keeps on giving.
Report Angela Rebecchi April 14, 2022 5:53 PM BST
He is inheriting a horror team. Mags, Pogs (who might be off), CR7, McTominay, Wan Bissaka. Shocking players. Okay, CR7 is class but a total distraction and a massive step backwards. Likes of Jadon Rash Varane hugely over rated to. Hopefully he can get rid of them and bring in some hungry top class technical players.
Report Angela Rebecchi April 14, 2022 6:10 PM BST

Apr 13, 2022 -- 11:15AM, lurka wrote:

The problem at United is also above the manager's head. Are they going to back him fully or interfere with transfers etc? I'd have thought they might have looked to get Van Der Sar from Ajax too. Maybe they will in the coming years. He has experience as a CEO and on the marketing side before that at Ajax and is also a United legend.The owners need to realise that they could spend half the money they do and be more successful, which would also mean better commercial, tv revenues etc, if they get it right on the footballing side. Most American owners concentrate on growing revenues thru business contacts and negotiations rather than thru being a successful team on the pitch, because that's all they know.

Spot on btw lurka, top post.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com