Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
WhiteHatJon
26 Mar 22 12:44
| Topic/replies: 168 | Blogger: WhiteHatJon's blog
My youngest son plays his golf at the Whitchurch Golf Club just outside Cardiff. Yesterday a 'face' at the club told him that Gareth joined the club yesterday.

No surprise there as he is a Whitchurch boy and won't be in Madrid for much longer.

My take is this, he has been vilified for the last few years in Spain and after watching him in mid week I don't see a guy preparing for retirement just yet. I fancy he want's to finish being loved by all those around him, so why not finish with your home town club where all he would get is positivity ?

I make it 1/1 retirement, 1/1 Cardiff City and 50/1 others.

The 12/1 Cardiff City next club was just too good to resist

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 25
By:
Analyst
When: 26 Mar 22 12:56
How much has the "face" put on @ 12/1?
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 26 Mar 22 12:57
It would give Cardiff a huge boost.  Hope it happens.  He;s marmite to many but I love the guy.  One of the all-time Welsh greats for me.
By:
s.kenbo
When: 26 Mar 22 15:08
I wish we had players playing for England who put their heart and soul into playing for their country like Bale does. It’s always nice to see how much it means to him.

A superb player at his best.
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 26 Mar 22 15:13
How much is Bale paying to play for Cardiff?
Laugh
By:
sparrow
When: 26 Mar 22 16:26
I heard he was about to sign for Wrexham.
By:
Early Morning Riser
When: 26 Mar 22 17:08
His uncle Chris played for Cardiff city years ago.
By:
Smoky Hill
When: 26 Mar 22 17:11
Newport County i heard
By:
Capt__F
When: 26 Mar 22 23:25
Barry Island FC

tidy
By:
sparrow
When: 27 Mar 22 10:41
Breaking News......Reports are coming in of a spectacular bid by Haverfordwest County say reliable sources.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 27 Mar 22 11:42
Cefn Druids AFC, nap
By:
spyker
When: 27 Mar 22 13:03
He could be altruistic about it and not get paid for whomever he signs for to end his career, this would prove he's not a leech etc and would be good for all concerned. not least his image. No doubt his agent will knock that down in 5 secs and he will almost certainly hold out for a big money nonsense deal in MLS, China or somewhere with lots of sand (and golf courses) and he will appear mercenary. He's earned enough dosh and obv no one is going to pay him what (his agent) thinks he deserves in Europe.
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 28 Mar 22 15:23
How the flick can anybody be called a leech for fulfilling day by day and seeing out a contract?  If his employers don;t want to use him that;s their affair.
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 28 Mar 22 18:40
If bale was fit wanted to play football not worry about £££ note
Wouldn’t paid his contract off
Or was just injured last 3-4 years ?
By:
lurka
When: 28 Mar 22 20:06
He's not a leech. It's his last big contract and Real acted like they had all the power when the opposite is the case. The club and fans treated him with a lack of respect years ago and seeing as nobody will pay him even half what he's on elsewhere and he had a very long contract, he's seeing it out. Unikely they'd have let him go to a CL rival either, so he would have likely had to take a paycut of millions to take a big step down.

Real seem to think if they mistreat him he will leave but he won't, still don't seem to get it. He's not like a manager you can just fire. He's on massive money and worth a transfer fee unless you píss him off to the extent that he downs tools. Most clubs make sure their prize assets are as happy as can be.

If you want him to leave pay off his contract but they won't. They had a chance to get rid for free when he went to China for talks a few years back and they looked for a £20m fee after he landed and cost themselves at least 3 times that in wasted wages since. Not surprising given the renowned arrogant attitude and financial state of the club. Bunch of mugs.
By:
11kv
When: 28 Mar 22 21:26
What a way for such a player to carry on though to see the last few years of his footballing life sitting in the stands,surely  all the money he has been paid over the years he personally would want to display his talent week in week out and not just the odd occasion with Wales .......even if it is with Cardiff.
By:
wallis
When: 29 Mar 22 13:10
An absolute leech .  If this was a foreigner playing for a top premier league club and cleaning 20 million out of them a season he would be getting hounded by the fans and media up and down the country.  But because he turns up for Wales every 6 months and scores a goal morons are prepared to not only tolerate his behaviour but actually praise him ! 

Cant play in the Classico as he has a back injury , a few days later he plays 90 minutes for Wales and is doing a full swan dive across the pitch with his back arched like he was the lead in Cirque Du Soleil !!
By:
DancingBraveTheBest
When: 29 Mar 22 14:36
Whitchurch Golf Club is in Cardiff as far as I am awareConfused
By:
DancingBraveTheBest
When: 29 Mar 22 14:40
Bale and Sam Warburton were in Whitchurch High School together. Also a famous cyclist but cant think of his name. A great school for sportHappy
By:
DancingBraveTheBest
When: 29 Mar 22 14:45
Not too happy bout being called a Moron by Wallis.....sadSadSad
By:
DancingBraveTheBest
When: 29 Mar 22 16:01
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gareth-bale-cardiff-city-makes-23527224

Could happenCool
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 29 Mar 22 18:31
On the bench
TONITE
Hes not superman
Laugh
By:
Lance in France
When: 30 Mar 22 13:13
Geraint Thomas
By:
DancingBraveTheBest
When: 30 Mar 22 16:03
Cheers LanceHappy
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 31 Mar 22 23:50
"such a player to carry on"!
Absolute bowlucks.  The guy signed the contract they begged him to sign.  He's kept himself fully fit and able to play  and that is all he has ever been required to do.
Bale has done nothing wrong whatsoever.  Almost without exception, imo, we would have done the same.
By:
lurka
When: 01 Apr 22 00:15
Correct. Madrid and the fans disrespected him and he got the hump with them years ago. Instead of treating him better since they've got worse. He won't win any big prizes in football because they won't let him go to another CL rival, so they want him to take a massive pay cut to play at a lower level just to facilitate them? He can do all that when his contract ends.

Writing stories about him in Marca etc. What are they trying to achieve? Real have acted like arrogant mugs at every stage. Did everything they could to make him want to see out his contract when they thought they were doing the opposite.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com