Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TheGoldenVision
15 Jan 22 14:47
| Topic/replies: 1,249 | Blogger: TheGoldenVision's blog
What a joke.. Arsenal only have 1 player testing positive with covid but get a postponement. Afcon participation shouldn't count... don't sign African players if you don't want to lose them to the Afcon. Injured players shouldn't count either.. that's why you have huge squads. Absolute farce.
Pause Switch to Standard View Spurs v Arsenal postponed
Show More
Report sparrow January 15, 2022 2:59 PM GMT
No club with large squads over a certain number and include players out on loan should be able to postpone games.
Report Wesdag January 15, 2022 3:02 PM GMT
a total farce - & I say that as a gooner
Report sixtwosix January 15, 2022 3:16 PM GMT
Don't imagine the paymasters are impressed as a Sunday big game is not on the box ..........and to think Arsenal were not happy with the League Cup postponement ......
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY January 15, 2022 3:26 PM GMT
Arsenal played 90 mins with 10 men, get game postponed due to covid.

One positive case, the FA still influenced by Peter hill-wood shocker

Football is now a farce
Report Wesdag January 15, 2022 3:35 PM GMT
Good to see we still have some influence.

We are The Arsenal after all.
Report TheAnorak January 15, 2022 4:54 PM GMT
I wonder how many of the injured players and Covid sufferers will be pronounced fit again in time for the  midweek semi final?
Report lurka January 15, 2022 5:09 PM GMT
2 midfielders gone to Afcon and Arteta loaned out AMN?! Xhaka being suspended is the real reason. They only have Lokonga left in midfield.
Report penzance January 15, 2022 5:10 PM GMT
Bottlers.
Report sparrow January 15, 2022 6:06 PM GMT
Club should be deducted points.
Report Storm Alert January 15, 2022 6:08 PM GMT
It is a farce and very unfair on fans trying to go to match. Arsenal did not request a postponement at start of season when they had five 1st team players positive with covid including three forwards.  The PL have now set a precedence with Leicester postponement so hardly surprising that Arsenal have changed view and also will have seen what Liverpool did.

ANC is a bigger problem now as more teams in final and squads are smaller nowadays. Arsenal have 25 squad players. 5 ANC, 4 injured, 1 suspended, 1 covid. So thirteen fit players including 3 keepers. Teams should be expected to play youngsters they do in the cup competitions.
Report Storm Alert January 15, 2022 6:09 PM GMT
sparrow - Club should be deducted points.

Why?
Report sparrow January 15, 2022 6:25 PM GMT
Because they are cheating the system. They have more than enough players available to play and certainly more than my club West Ham.
Report Wesdag January 15, 2022 6:26 PM GMT
They should have a rule that the club that requests a postponement starts that fixture 1-0 down.
Report tobermory January 15, 2022 6:26 PM GMT
Middlesbrough had points deducted for refusing to play in 90s

In this case though the PL just rolled over to a frivolous request, so Arsenal didn't need to 'refuse to play'.
Report sparrow January 15, 2022 6:26 PM GMT
If they are on the Arsenal books then they can play.
Report sparrow January 15, 2022 6:29 PM GMT
Maybe because I can remember clubs lining up with no such thing as substitutes makes me slightly intolerant!
Report Storm Alert January 15, 2022 6:42 PM GMT
They asked the premier league if the match could postpone as per the league rules and they said yes. How is that cheating, or refusing to play?

And they don't have more than enough players available to play. Team can play under 21's not in the main squad, but the premier league only allow this if they are deemed experienced (and only playing in FA Cup does not qualify them).

Arsenal done nothing wrong here according to the rules and can't be blamed for doing the best thing for the club.
Report sparrow January 15, 2022 6:48 PM GMT
I suppose Arsenal may have done nothing wrong but this system needs changing as there is no reason for this game or others to be off when the clubs involved have the players on their books. It is unfair that clubs with small squads play week in and week out with no complaints and all we hear is billionaire clubs wanting 5 substitutes probably amounting to 50 million pounds worth of players. The game has been ruined by money.
Report Storm Alert January 15, 2022 6:50 PM GMT
Agree with you there and I do think these postponements are farce. PL have set a precedence they will regret with the Leicester match.
Report sparrow January 15, 2022 6:58 PM GMT
As you say storm, a farce.
Report sofaking January 15, 2022 11:26 PM GMT
A farcical farce in my opinion. Arteta would have the whole season cancelled if he had his wicked way.
Report Blockfire January 15, 2022 11:39 PM GMT
Looks like you'll all have to watch Roma v Cagliari at 5pm instead.
Report Giuseppe January 15, 2022 11:48 PM GMT
every cloud Cool
Report lybertyne January 16, 2022 1:02 AM GMT
Everyone else are getting games postponed so why not.
Report sparrow January 16, 2022 8:44 AM GMT
Everyone else?  I see the massive squads at West Ham and Brentford will manage to play their Premiership games today.
Report Storm Alert January 16, 2022 9:23 AM GMT
Arsenal were going for third straight win against Spurs. Postponement very good news for Spurs though as probably for the rearranged match their best player Son will have recovered from injury and Arsenal will have Xhaka back from suspension.
Report Blockfire January 18, 2022 4:13 AM GMT

Jan 16, 2022 -- 8:44AM, sparrow wrote:

Everyone else?

Report Blockfire January 18, 2022 4:13 AM GMT

Jan 16, 2022 -- 8:44AM, sparrow wrote:

Everyone else?

Report Blockfire January 18, 2022 4:14 AM GMT
Everyone else?  I see the massive squads at West Ham and Brentford will manage to play their Premiership games today.

*Premier League
Report sparrow January 18, 2022 8:30 AM GMT
Well you got there in the end blockfire after 3 attempts Laugh

*First Division.
Report Blockfire January 18, 2022 10:14 PM GMT
This isn't the 80s mate.
Report sparrow January 19, 2022 7:09 AM GMT
Thank you so much for your corrections, mate.
Report Blockfire January 19, 2022 4:49 PM GMT
Thanks mate, we need to live for the future.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com