Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tony6499
16 Dec 21 14:54
| Topic/replies: 380 | Blogger: tony6499's blog
8 off so far, 3 Champ, 2 League 1 and 3 in League 2
Pause Switch to Standard View Covid decimating Saturday's fixtures
Show More
Report The Dragon December 16, 2021 3:48 PM GMT
CryCryCryCry
Report The Dragon December 16, 2021 3:51 PM GMT
the question has to be asked why so many clubs are infected with players with Covid

doesnt seem to be impacting other sports at the moment eg , Darts horseracing
Report Latalomne December 16, 2021 4:08 PM GMT
Man U v Brighton, too.
Report TheGoddess December 16, 2021 5:30 PM GMT
PREMIER LEAGUE
Dec 16: Leicester v Tottenham
Dec 18: Manchester United v Brighton
SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Dec 18: Millwall v Preston
Dec 18: QPR v Swansea
Dec 18: Reading v Luton
Dec 18 : Cardiff v Derby
SKY BET LEAGUE ONE
Dec 18: Gillingham v Crewe
Dec 18: Sheffield Wednesday v Accrington
Dec 18: Lincoln v Doncaster
SKY BET LEAGUE TWO
Dec 18: Crawley v Oldham
Dec 18: Northampton v Barrow
Report barstool December 16, 2021 5:37 PM GMT
It was suggested in the sports pages yesterday that less than half of footballers are vaccinated. If that is the case a lot more matches will be off.
Report everyone's a winner December 16, 2021 5:50 PM GMT
it's spreading like wildfire atm, vaccine or not
Report The Dragon December 16, 2021 6:21 PM GMT
25% not vaccinated in efl

discrace another example of players out of touch with reality... game we love has gone
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 16, 2021 6:59 PM GMT
Anonther 4 EPL matches
OFF

Grin
Report SlippyBlue December 16, 2021 7:06 PM GMT
Watford v Palace on Saturday is postponed, got tweeted from Selhurst just now.
Report Latalomne December 16, 2021 7:22 PM GMT
Only 5 games left in the Prem:

Saturday 18 December 2021
Aston Villa
15:00
Burnley
Leeds
17:30
Arsenal
UK - Sky SportsOpens in new tab
Sunday 19 December 2021
Wolves
14:00
Chelsea
Newcastle
14:15
Man City
UK - Sky SportsOpens in new tab
Spurs
16:30
Liverpool
Report Des Pond December 16, 2021 7:25 PM GMT
I think the 25% refers to players who have said that they don't intend to get vaccinated. The arrogance and selfishness of these idiots is staggering. Football authorities, sponsors and clubs need to do something about this. Or the season will be decimated again.
Report 11kv December 16, 2021 7:43 PM GMT
Clearly the players are still doing their own thing and not adhering to bubbles etc ,only takes one prick ....Laugh
Report sparrow December 16, 2021 7:44 PM GMT
Yes Des Pond the clubs do need to deal with these unvaccinated who are just making the problem worse.
Report MC Roller December 16, 2021 9:21 PM GMT
I thought you were within your rights to say no?

So you're not offered it, you have no choice. Thanks for clearing that up.
Report SontaranStratagem December 16, 2021 10:15 PM GMT
They wont be calling them off
Report sparrow December 17, 2021 8:39 AM GMT
MC Roller 16 Dec 21 21:21 
I thought you were within your rights to say no?

So you're not offered it, you have no choice. Thanks for clearing that up.

They can say no and just find some other employment.
Report BennyBinion1 December 17, 2021 9:03 AM GMT
Maybe they just see it as, why should myself, as a fit healthy young adult get an untested vaccine which doesn't stop you catching , dieing or passing on a virus with a 99 per cent survival rate and average age of death still at 83, and also puts my current health at risk with side effects and blood clots and long term medical future in doubt.
Report BennyBinion1 December 17, 2021 9:08 AM GMT
Everyone should have a choice.

And no one should be threatened, bullied and lied to, so they fall into line and take the jabs.

If you want to have them, and continue to have them, crack on.
Report xaar December 17, 2021 10:24 AM GMT
Jesus some people would have the unvac hung lol when will it click in these people that the vaccine has somewhat not worked at all, over here in Ireland we have nearly 95% vaccinated and it made no difference we are having a lockdown from today basically, and they said it wasn't seasonal like flu can someone tell me that it's not because it just another strain of the flu in my eyes
Report Latalomne December 17, 2021 10:59 AM GMT
Can you really not see that the number of fatalities has fallen off a cliff since vaccines were rolled out?  It was never going to stop everyone from catching it.  It greatly reduces the severity of it in how badly you get it yourself and in how badly you pass it on to others.
Report xaar December 17, 2021 11:03 AM GMT
helps a bit from getting sick bad, but has failed an expert said this on Irish tv last night but maybe you are more qualified lol I doubt that. 6% of Africa are vaccinated surely they have bodies stacked to the moon at this stage remember like the mass graves in new york surely Wink
Report Latalomne December 17, 2021 11:06 AM GMT
Yes, your expert must be better than all of the others.
Report xaar December 17, 2021 11:09 AM GMT
probably your experts are having Christmas parties LaughLaughLaugh
Report Latalomne December 17, 2021 11:10 AM GMT
https://bit.ly/3q7u2Ur 

It's all there in black and white.
Report xaar December 17, 2021 11:13 AM GMT
even your experts said don't use data that far back ffs, use from maybe august and you'll see a stark difference, and if cannot see why Laugh
Report Latalomne December 17, 2021 11:19 AM GMT
Bottom line, with the numbers of cases we're seeing on a daily basis, pre-vaccinations, deaths would have been in four figures in the UK.  We're generally hovering about 150ish, the vast majority of which are unvaccinated.
Report Latalomne December 17, 2021 11:39 AM GMT
I have no idea where you're getting your numbers from, but I can only presume it's one of those whack-job websites::

Table 1: The age-standardised mortality rate for deaths involving COVID-19 is 32 times higher for unvaccinated people than for those who received the second dose
Age-standardised mortality rates for all deaths and deaths involving COVID-19, England, deaths occurring between 2 January and 24 September 2021
Age-standardised mortality rate per 100,000 person-years
(95% confidence interval)
Vaccination status    Deaths involving COVID-19    All deaths
Unvaccinated    849.7 (840.3, 859.2)    2,187.1 (2,172.2, 2,202.0)
Received only the first dose,
less than 21 days ago    192.4 (182.4, 202.4)    811.9 (793.4, 830.4)
Received only the first dose,
at least 21 days ago    105.3 (102.8, 107.8)    1,124.3 (1,115.9, 1,132.7)
Received the second dose,
less than 21 days ago    7.2 (6.1, 8.2)    464.6 (455.8, 473.4)
Received the second dose,
at least 21 days ago    26.2 (25.4, 27.1)    783.6 (779.1, 788.0)
Source: Office for National Statistics – Public Health Data Asset, National Immunisation Management Service
Report xaar December 17, 2021 11:43 AM GMT
again like i said before even your lovely experts said don't go by the stats that far back, they just suit your point obviously there will be huge amounts of unvaccinated dying because nobody was vaccinated
Report Latalomne December 17, 2021 11:45 AM GMT
That is the most recent data the ONS has published.

Read the news (although I suppose that's all part of the script, too, isn't it?).  Hospitals are all saying that most of those being admitted for COVID treatment are unvaccinated.
Report Latalomne December 17, 2021 11:48 AM GMT

Dec 17, 2021 -- 11:29AM, xaar wrote:

thats actually lies lata 80% of deaths have been vaccinated, the vaccine is a failure

And if we're taking this statement as fact, there would have had to be one hell of an upswing in vaccinated people dying since 24th September in order for your numbers to be accurate!

Report xaar December 17, 2021 11:52 AM GMT
so anyone having an opinion is part of an agenda Jesus your just as bad as them nutcases, and by the way I'm friends with 2 nurses and i know the truth
Report Latalomne December 17, 2021 11:53 AM GMT
I don't have a problem with anyone having an opinion.  It's when it's based on bull$hit that I get suspicious.
Report sparrow December 17, 2021 12:26 PM GMT
Latalomne Joined: 20 Jul 01
Replies: 3755917 Dec 21 11:06 
Yes, your expert must be better than all of the others.

They spend hours searching the net for an expert that might tell them something they want to hear.
Report sparrow December 17, 2021 12:29 PM GMT
xaar 17 Dec 21 11:52 
so anyone having an opinion is part of an agenda Jesus your just as bad as them nutcases, and by the way I'm friends with 2 nurses and i know the truth

Would those nurses know more than a staff nurse on a covid ward three quarters full of unvaccinated people?
Report xaar December 17, 2021 1:37 PM GMT
one is an icu nurse sparrow, said to me sometimes its all vaccinated sometimes unvaccinated no real disparity in the numbers
Report blank December 17, 2021 3:29 PM GMT
It looks like the tide turned and the majority of deaths have been in the vaccinated since around June this year.
But that's what was expected.
Vaccinated 80yo's are still at higher risk than unvaccinated under 50's.
https://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/commentisfree/2021/jun/27/why-most-people-who-now-die-with-covid-have-been-vaccinated.
Report SontaranStratagem December 17, 2021 3:56 PM GMT
So there was no point in the vax programme

Under 50s were always fine and over 80s were never getting cured from normal bodily infections ffs

The lie was astounding but people did fall for it Crazy
Report deliris December 17, 2021 4:14 PM GMT
not had one vaccine jab and have no intention too. the family are divided .
Report SontaranStratagem December 17, 2021 5:32 PM GMT
I think most people wont force it or want it forced

I think theyve lost the war in regards to that

Most have just about had enough. And its all easily reversed when it comes to foreign countries anyway, just kick the little tinpot dictators into touch.
Report SontaranStratagem December 17, 2021 5:49 PM GMT
They are at 6s and 7s now Happy

They can claim 93k cases but its all contrived sh!t, watch it drop over xmas and thats when theyll attempt to close all pubs, clubs etc. Whilst keeping the stadiums open Crazy, its the nonsensical b0llocks at this point that’s laughable.
Report spyker December 17, 2021 7:49 PM GMT
All it needs is a couple of he 25% to pop their clogs and the others will follow and that is reasonably likely given the numbers involved, although being fit and healthy young men they shouldn't  really be badly  affected of course - their relatives, friends and contacts however.......
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 17, 2021 7:57 PM GMT
the 75% take up of the vaccination is a reflection of the number of black players in football.  Nationally vaccine take... up white is 89% black is 66% and mixed race is 72%.  So as reported the 75% figure is not surprising.  Could be largely why Man City, Burnley and Wolves have so far escaped it. (save Guardiola's inconclusive result).
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 17, 2021 8:11 PM GMT
Seems Italys top league has a 98% vac rate
Probably to counter all that Prosecco drinking

Devil
Report spyker December 17, 2021 10:06 PM GMT
he 75% take up of the vaccination is a reflection of the number of black players in football.  Nationally vaccine take... up white is 89% black is 66% and mixed race is 72%.  So as reported the 75% figure is not surprising.  Could be largely why Man City, Burnley and Wolves have so far escaped it

Sorry what does that bolded mean, 75% of footballers are black?  Also the 68% (not 75) is bang on a reflection of men (of all colours!!!) in the 20-34 age range so colour (quite obviously) has FA to do with it. As somebody famous once said  'There's statistics and then there's utter bullocks'
Report SontaranStratagem December 17, 2021 10:33 PM GMT
Most of the Championship gone tomorrow as well

League 1 and 2 nearly full fixture list

Seems to only effect the wealthy players then Crazy
Report SontaranStratagem December 17, 2021 10:41 PM GMT
Ok league 1 has only 5 games still up now so a lot of that gone as well
Report SontaranStratagem December 17, 2021 10:42 PM GMT
Despite all the vaxxes and doing as “your told” theyre still getting games off and playing silly beggars

A damn good slapping is needed
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 18, 2021 1:06 PM GMT
Villa match now OFF

Laugh
Report SlippyBlue December 18, 2021 1:17 PM GMT
Oh damn, I had backed Burnley to win. I thought they were a decent bet at the price.
Report leazes67 December 18, 2021 2:09 PM GMT
Of the 10 Prem games 6 have been called off,amazingly the other 4 are all on TV.Coincidence?
Report Des Pond December 18, 2021 2:11 PM GMT
Amazon prime were advertising their 10 live games just after christmas. I wonder how many of them will go ahead. Sky and BT cant be very happy either. Especially since it's their money that has made these players rich.
Report SontaranStratagem December 18, 2021 3:45 PM GMT
Most clubs in trouble see it as a chance to regroup

Villa might be annoyed they were on a roll under the new manager
Report SontaranStratagem December 18, 2021 3:47 PM GMT
I find it utterly hilarious

How are they separating the two “variants”?
Report tony6499 December 18, 2021 4:28 PM GMT
Not one match called off in Scotland which seems strange due to Covid , I'd have thought they would have the same problems
Report Des Pond December 18, 2021 4:42 PM GMT
I'm not that fussed either way, as I don't pay subscriptions to any broadcaster, but a full fixture list is usually a great way to avoid some of the Christams stuff in the media. If I was paying for football, I would be really p1ssed off, though.
Report SontaranStratagem December 18, 2021 6:30 PM GMT
League 1 and 2 was hit later than the the other 2 leagues

Villa was called off 2 hours before the game

Its beyond the pale at this point, they are after mentally finishing people
Report SontaranStratagem December 18, 2021 6:37 PM GMT
People arent buying blame the unvaxxed at this point

Triple jabbed but advised not to go out Confused even the gullible arent buying it
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 18, 2021 11:22 PM GMT
How many darts players have pulled out of the WC?  ZERO  It's because too many of the silly footballers aren't taking the vaccine.  Wolves excepted
Report SontaranStratagem December 19, 2021 2:30 AM GMT
Its nothing to do with the vax

Even if testing positive they have nothing wrong with them

The vaxxed are still getting the moronic ffs, and they are trying to lockdown (in name only) because the vax is and isn’t effective depending on what idiotic narrative their running with Crazy
Its so far fetched it belongs in Emmerdale.
Report sofaking December 19, 2021 2:51 AM GMT

Dec 17, 2021 -- 9:03AM, BennyBinion1 wrote:

Maybe they just see it as, why should myself, as a fit healthy young adult get an untested vaccine which doesn't stop you catching , dieing or passing on a virus with a 99 per cent survival rate and average age of death still at 83, and also puts my current health at risk with side effects and blood clots and long term medical future in doubt.

Benny nailed it. I fully agree.

Report sparrow December 19, 2021 7:07 AM GMT
Its been quite remarkable these past few years with so much medical and scientific expertise being displayed on the social media.
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 19, 2021 10:04 AM GMT
"Maybe they just see it as, why should myself, as a fit healthy young adult get an untested vaccine which doesn't stop you catching , dieing or passing on a virus with a 99 per cent survival rate and average age of death still at 83, and also puts my current health at risk with side effects and blood clots and long term medical future in doubt."

Let's dissect that BS.

1. It is tested.
2. Your chances of dying from a blod clot are 100 times fewer than dieing from COVID even in your 20s
3. It doesn't stop you catching it but it reduces the chances of you catching it (this is why it's so high in football players)
4. It doesn't stop you passing it on but it reduces the chances of you passing it on (this is why it's so high in football players)
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 19, 2021 10:10 AM GMT
But let's save the biggest BS for last "and also puts my current health at risk with side effects and blood clots and long term medical future in doubt"

You might not die from it as a young adult, but you current health is at risk from catching it (as in every chance a very nasty case of the flu) but more importantly loads of young people have long COVID, so by not taking it you are put your long term health at risk
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 19, 2021 10:12 AM GMT
Anonymous forums such as this attract this sort of BS.
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 19, 2021 10:23 AM GMT
That all said I am fed up with the current news which focuses 95% on the increase in COVID cases caused by Omicron inducing hysteria, but there's barely any focus on deaths, which I believe aren't going up? or the severity of Omicron, which early indications "appear" to show is nowhere near as bad.  There is a theory that actually this new variant might be a good thing in so far as catching it gives us a natural immunity to the more severe versions.
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 19, 2021 10:25 AM GMT
Personally I'd have the vaccine just to avoid getting a bad case of the flu.  I get the flu jab every year and apart from getting COVID in April last year, have avoided the flu or a bad cold since 2005.
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 19, 2021 10:30 AM GMT
I'm far more likely to die falling down the stairs, or in a car crash than die from getting a blod clot from the vaccine.  That doesn't stop my climbing the stairs or getting in the car
Report CLYDEBANK29 December 19, 2021 10:43 AM GMT
There is also the point that the number of people in hospital with COVID is far greater than the number of people that die, meaning that loads of other people aren't getting the treatment they need or missing out on that vital diagnosis, such as Sarah Harding.  So young people's health are affected long medium and short term by unvaccinated people taking up more hospital beds than they would if they were vaccinated.  A friend of mine in his early 50s has cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy.  Luckily for him his cancer diagnosis wasn't delayed, although it's not looking good.  Sad
Report GoBallistic December 24, 2021 12:29 PM GMT
3rd Boxing Day PL game called off. Everton have managed to get their game at Burnley called off because of covid cases and injuries(!?!)

Burnley and their fans have been getting completely screwed over with recent postponements. Granted, not a lot you can do about the snowed off game but since then 3 games called off because the opposition had a covid outbreak including the Villa game called off just a few hours before kickoff. With their small squad and now a huge fixture pile up this could mean relegation for them although I don't suppose the PL gives two fs because it's Burnley

Should these games be going ahead regardless or forfeited? The team that is ready to play needs some advantage imo - maybe when the fixture eventually goes ahead they get a goal head start?
Report SontaranStratagem December 24, 2021 2:56 PM GMT
At this rate Burnley wont be half way through their season until March

What if thry get a “outbreak” now? Thatll be early January before they play again at least, with 6 games in hand
Report SlippyBlue December 24, 2021 3:03 PM GMT
Spurs v Palace is still on and on a Palace forum that I'm on there are quite a few tickets for our bit for sale which is pretty unheard of for that game in past seasons.
Report Life-Lucky December 24, 2021 3:09 PM GMT
Slippy hi, I'd love to go to Selhurst Park again once day, I went there to see Spurs once in the 70s. From my very poor memory, was Terry Venables, involved? Anyway, what's the chances of getting in if I just bowl up one Saturday afternoon?
Report SlippyBlue December 24, 2021 3:43 PM GMT
I wouldn't know about the away fans L.L.  but getting in off the cuff for that game in September would be nigh on impossible unless you were prepared to pay well over the odds.
I've got two front row season tickets at Selhurst and could have got around £250 for the pair for that game. The 70's was the Malcolm Allison era, when we got to the cup semi final when in the 3rd division and played Southampton in 1976 who went on to beat Man Utd of course in the final. The crowd around that time was 51,000 compared to now of a paltry 26,000.

Venables was when we were "The team of the 80's" Laugh with players like Kenny Sansom and Vince Hilaire but that tag turned out to be a bit of a joke really  as things went downhill rapidly soon enough.

We really have got a shockingly poor stadium in comparison to other London sides, at the Villa game 4 weeks ago when the Villa played really well and beat us 2-1, their fans started singing (when 2 up),

"What a fkn &hithole" some of the Palace fans actually joined in as well. Laugh
Report paulypaul December 24, 2021 4:02 PM GMT
"What a fkn &hithole" some of the Palace fans actually joined in as well.
Brilliant!
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 30, 2021 8:27 PM GMT
Leicester having another day off

Laugh
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 31, 2021 2:10 PM GMT
Newcastle having Sunday
OFF
Time for longer NYD celebrations!!!
Laugh
Report Life-Lucky December 31, 2021 2:19 PM GMT
Id understand the postponements if anyone was actually unwell but relying on a deeply flawed test is daft
Report Life-Lucky December 31, 2021 2:21 PM GMT
Ps thanks for that, Slippy
Report SontaranStratagem December 31, 2021 2:57 PM GMT
It’s basically as I tbought, clubs taking it in turns to have their winter break Plain

By end of January theyll all be back playing again and only a handful of sides will have a game in hand
Report SontaranStratagem December 31, 2021 2:59 PM GMT
Burnley might have 2 in hand but its far to contrived this b0llocks

The thing is... pfft who cares
Report Analyst December 31, 2021 7:33 PM GMT
Sheff U v Boro - off

Boro had 10 players with Covid and 5 injuries. When it was only 9 first team players with Covid they were told to play it and make the numbers up by recalling all their loan players.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com