Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SontaranStratagem
25 Nov 21 04:47
| Topic/replies: 37,312 | Blogger: SontaranStratagem's blog
The amount of good goals it gets rid off because of it protecting dumb defenders is comical

Ball comes in defenders push up leaving a man totally unmarked to tap home but somehow the attacker is penelised because of some stupid ruling

What is the attacker suppose to do? The ball is coming in towards him so he’s to take a yard back to get back “onside” because of this protecting the defensive side?

Scrap the offside rule and make defenders defend ffs, that is their job after all

The more you watch games the you realise how ridiculous some of the rules are

Goalkeepers coming out their area running into the back of attackers = foul on the goalkeeper as well Crazy

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 21
By:
Crisp77
When: 25 Nov 21 12:08
Thanks for flagging this
By:
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
When: 25 Nov 21 12:47
I totally agree.  If you want to leave a player upfront even in the other sides penalty box then do so, the other team can then get one of their players to mark him so he's covered anyway.  As Sonta said does it mean the forward has to deliberately step a yard backwards to stay onside?

No offsides ............ no problem with decisions.
By:
Emitdeb
When: 25 Nov 21 14:21
With all this modern technology, don't really see the need for goalposts...  They should just go back to using jumpers... Just a thought.
By:
lurka
When: 25 Nov 21 15:17
IFAB are going to discuss having 25 minute half time breaks as they want to have Super Bowl style entertainment at half-time.

Offside is fine as it is. To get rid of it would make passing football harder and encourage long balls and goal-hanging. There's a reason why it was introduced so long ago.

The attacker is supposed to make sure he's onside in your example. They are the rules. And very few teams play the offside trap nowadays because of recent offside law changes re becoming active etc.
By:
sparrow
When: 25 Nov 21 15:28
If it makes the sideways backwards passing football harder then I might be all for it. Before they changed the rule in 1925 3 players had to be behind the attacker rather than 2 so other than the controversial "interfering with play" part I am happy with the present rule.
By:
tobermory
When: 25 Nov 21 15:41
Is this a wind up... Laugh

Every team would have a forward standing in the six yard box the entire game.

It would be like watching a game of three and in.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 25 Nov 21 15:47
"IFAB are going to discuss having 25 minute half time breaks as they want to have Super Bowl style entertainment at half-time."

God help us

the biggest problem in football in my opinion is the handball rule

so many penalties given for totally unintentional random incidents

it's not an easy problem to solve i admit, we don't want players waving their arms about in the hope a ball may "unintentionally" hit the either

but clearly most handball penalties are absurd
By:
Giuseppe
When: 25 Nov 21 15:48
are we going to get rid of the 5 sub rule at some stage? I thought that was only for covid?

it favours teh bigger teams in my opinion

UEFA getting rid of the away goals rule was also a big mistake
By:
Giuseppe
When: 25 Nov 21 15:49
the rule seems to be, if the ball hits the lower arm, and the flight of the ball changes, it is a penalty
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 25 Nov 21 20:02
Tober

Simple solution to and that is no attacker is allowed to be in the penalty box at point of attacks in their own half

When a goal can be chalked for basically a defending side pushing up to trap the offside, with both sides in the penalty area awaiting a cross/cross pass because it’s “offside” is ridiculous.

It either needs scrapping and a goal hanging rule brought in or it needs to be only when attackers are in the penalty box when the ball is played, defenders would soon drop back and “defend” if the offside rule was watered down or scrapped in my opinion

They’ve gone the other way and introduced a system that means a player can be offside when he’s onside because they’ve added an extra line though ffs

And defence playing a high line 30 yards from goal is actually unfair on the attacking side you have to agree

Everything favours the defence, be it offsides or corners/free kicks

A corner is awarded to the attacking side so why is it that defending teams can shirt pull, hold and even wrestle but the attackers can’t? That needs to change as well, goalkeepers have to stay in their area and if they run out of it at a corner or free kick they are penalised and a penalty is awarded, no player should be allowed in his area either though.

Clean the game up no end with some common sense
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 25 Nov 21 20:08
I’m not talking from a pocket perspective either this is purely down to entertainment purposes

The game could be so much more if they stopped micro managing everything

Yes there needs to be rules and fairness but come on they’ve gone overboard

Defence high line 30 yards from goal and the attacker is penalised for a foot CrazyLaugh

It’s ridiculous

And I’m now of the opinion that refs should be the boss and any decision he/she makes is final and should be respected

Yes refs can be d!cks but it’s a two way street sometimes, if you p!ss him/her off that might influence their next big decision they are only human after all
By:
Emitdeb
When: 25 Nov 21 20:49
Gotta be honest here... I'm not 100% if youre having a laugh... Happy
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 25 Nov 21 21:55
I ain’t

Being offside from corners and out of centre free kicks is utterly stupid anyway

Ball goes back out onto the wing from a corner and the corner take crosses it back for a goal whoops he’s coming back into play Fromm corner , you telling me that’s no goal??

The offsides are more ridiculous with var though, var abuses it
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 25 Nov 21 21:58
It’s necessarily the obvious ones that wind me up, it’s the crosses from a player coming back into play from an “offside position “ that grates, even though he’s picked the ball up from an “onside position”

It’s to daft for words
By:
lurka
When: 25 Nov 21 22:07
the problem with all that is you can't police it at lower levels. Thus they will never allow it.

Defence playing a high line is not unfair on attackers. It actually encourages more goals than defences sitting back as there is way more space. A lot of offsides are totally unnecessary and caused by stupid forwards getting caught offside when there's no need.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 25 Nov 21 22:19
offside rule is ok

pausing the game for 2 minutes so VAR can check offide is not
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 25 Nov 21 22:20
30 yards though, fair enough if the attacker is gaining a yard on them but if they’re stupid enough not to cut him off at all that’s there look out

I don’t think offside rulings are a bad thing if they cut out the big ones but most of them I see are the defences fault not the attacker
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 25 Nov 21 22:23
I’m ok with the attacker being 2 yards off and flagged, that’s a bit stupid when he’s got 30 yards of space to run into

But it’s the fact his foot being over their line does me, there needs to some common sense

If the attacker is 2 yards off at the mentioned above I’d b0llock him instead not the flag
By:
Giuseppe
When: 25 Nov 21 23:30
so three inches offside is ok?

the problem then is measuring teh three inches

what if he is four inches?

there will always be that borderline calls
By:
Corky
When: 26 Nov 21 15:40
Ban offside and have a sniper on the roof. If 0-0 with 15 to go start picking off defenders until someone scores.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 26 Nov 21 18:29
Shoot them in the legs though, dont want to kill them just stop them from using the offside trap

There needs to be common sense though g

If the defenders are pushing 30 yards up then its not fair on the attacker
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com