Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Trackman
23 Nov 21 17:18
| Topic/replies: 3,609 | Blogger: Trackman's blog
Villareal :  Rulli; Foyth, Albiol, Torres, Estupiñán; Capoue, Parejo, Trigueros; Danjuma, Yeremy, Gómez.

Man Utd : De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelöf, Maguire, Telles; McTominay, Fred; Sancho, Van de Beek, Martial; Ronaldo.
Pause Switch to Standard View Villarreal v Man Utd. Tue 23 Nov, 17:45
Show More
Report Trackman November 23, 2021 5:18 PM GMT
Anyone punting ?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 23, 2021 5:23 PM GMT
Laid under 5.5 goals at 1.07.
Report Trackman November 23, 2021 5:30 PM GMT
Hoyed a couple of beer tokens at Maguire 17 and Lindelöf 38 & 40  in the to score market.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 23, 2021 5:45 PM GMT
That would help me too

Good luck!
Report Trackman November 23, 2021 5:52 PM GMT
delayed start, duracells not working.
Report Racingqueen November 23, 2021 5:53 PM GMT
Do Utd fans like any of their players except Ronaldo?
Report 11kv November 23, 2021 6:18 PM GMT
wd  El Carricko they look a different side tonight  pmsl
Report 11kv November 23, 2021 6:21 PM GMT
HTF has McGuire got the front to wear those pink fecking boots
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 23, 2021 6:39 PM GMT
0-0 after 45.

Last 2 champs games between these
2 in Spain finnished 0-0...

Sad
Report Racingqueen November 23, 2021 6:41 PM GMT
Any pundit saying the new manager will have all the pieces in place already is a clown.

This Utd is the worst I've seen since Ferguson.

They need a complete overhaul and serious number of that squad need to be sold
Report elise November 23, 2021 7:29 PM GMT
you mean the ones they've recently bought lol
Report 11kv November 23, 2021 7:33 PM GMT
0-1 sticking the knife into Ole now the horrible feckers
Report Latalomne November 23, 2021 7:33 PM GMT
Carrick in danger of getting the job permanently if this stays like this
Report elise November 23, 2021 7:34 PM GMT
im waiting for them to win and then one of them says that's for ole
Report Latalomne November 23, 2021 7:41 PM GMT
That's an extension to June 2025, surely?!?
Report Crisp77 November 23, 2021 7:43 PM GMT
Sanchos effort to boot the ball out of play to waste time ended up in the net
Report Latalomne November 23, 2021 7:44 PM GMT
Hired in the morning, You're getting hired in the morning, Hired in the morrrrrrrning
Report sofaking November 23, 2021 7:48 PM GMT
Man U should offer Carrick a long-term contract as manager before someone else snaps him up. What could possibly go wrong?
Report Crisp77 November 23, 2021 7:48 PM GMT
It’s ok, the ship won’t sink. Carricks at the rudder.
Report mecca November 23, 2021 7:53 PM GMT
Phew.... had Villarreal in the corner match bet. They were 7-1 up on 78 minutes.

Then a late flurry of United corners... but villa win 8-6
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 23, 2021 11:10 PM GMT
United no better than before.  Got lucky to win two nil, the other team were the better for most of the game.  Don't need a new manager, need about seven or eight new, better players.
Report lurka November 24, 2021 1:02 AM GMT
Yeah. Tuchel hasn't made any difference at Chelsea. They were on course to win the CL and top the PL with their former player with minimal managerial experience. Crazy
Report rommel November 24, 2021 1:22 AM GMT
who is this Ole chap?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 24, 2021 1:59 PM GMT
lurka

Everton were usually a mid table team but since Moyes left they've had about seven different managers ........... all finished mid table!

How many Newcastle managers have there been ........... same every season!

Arsenal had three since Wenger ............ still no better!

Wolves have anew manager since Nuno ............ no better!

Watford had about six managers last ten years ........... still down the bottom!

England EIGHTEEN managers since Sir Alf ................ still won nothing!

The tea lady could pick the City team ........... do you think they suddenly wouldn't win??  PMSL
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 24, 2021 2:11 PM GMT
Maybe man u should scrap the search
and appoint man citehs tea lady
Report lurka November 24, 2021 6:09 PM GMT
Without Guardiola, Pep and Klopp, City, Pool and Chelsea would be nothing like the sides they are with the same players.

Chelsea is a prime example. You can actually see the difference Tuchel made with exactly the same players. A season of two halves.

Do you think Man U would be as bad with Klopp, Pep or Tuchel in charge with the same players?

Do you think they would be as bad if they had 3 years to bring in their own players? 

All the managers you mentioned were all top managers at one point at least with a wealth of experience. Yet you seem to think that a complete novice like OGS or Lampard can just step into their shoes and do the same job. You are deluded.

OGS was completely out of his depth from day one. Only when you see a top manager like Poch (not Mourinho or LVG who were way past their best at United and played negative football, losing the dressing room) come in and for the team to be no better can you infer that it is all down to the players. It simply isn't. The manager is the most important signing a club can make. Do you think Villarreal's or Young Boys' XIs are as good as United's? You probably do.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 24, 2021 6:39 PM GMT
lurka

But you COMPLETELY IGNORED my comparisms below?

And can you answer this question YES OR NO.  If you or I (or the tea lady) were to pick Man City's team for Saturday, do you think they would still be a s good and still win????
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 24, 2021 6:51 PM GMT
If you had a free bet on man city
to win the league would you want
Pep managing them or the tea lady.

I doubt Pep makes good tea,..
Report lurka November 24, 2021 9:39 PM GMT
No, Lou I don't. If you don't think Guardiola works tirelessly on pressing and attacking routines all week in training then I don't know what team you've been watching for the last few years. Laughable that you think you could do that job.
Report hfink November 24, 2021 9:59 PM GMT
Have to agree with the lads, it's more than just picking the team. Unless the tea lady has been coaching the City squad for the last 5 years? Now that would be a story! Happy
Report Capt__F November 24, 2021 10:01 PM GMT
loo thought man u cdnt lose by 3 @ Watford

ffs to quote loo roll
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 24, 2021 11:14 PM GMT
lurka

What a complete idiot you are then.  You're HONESTLY, HAND ON HEART telling us that if you, I or that Tea lady were to pick the City side for their next game then suddenly they wouldn't be as good anymore and wouldn't have their customary win?

What a complete idiot you are.
Report lurka November 24, 2021 11:40 PM GMT
Yeah they would win their next game and maybe the next one too but not for long after that and they wouldn't play as well. Even an u/10 team would suffer if you were in charge of them. You seem to think a manager just buys players and picks the team and does nothing else all week. Even a child knows it's a lot more complicated than just players. Look at PSG tonight.

You have a great point if you think Guardiola just turns up and picks the team on a Saturday, you and I could do that, but does nothing else all week for the past 5 years. Otherwise you're talking thru your árse for months on this forum.

I suppose Watford have better players than Man U too do they? Why didn't Lampard, a complete novice, do as well as Tuchel, a top class experienced manager, with exactly the same players? Why was the difference the opposite end of the spectrum? It's not rocket science why.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 24, 2021 11:59 PM GMT
lurka you idiot

You didn't answer these either????

Everton were usually a mid table team but since Moyes left they've had about seven different managers ........... all finished mid table!

How many Newcastle managers have there been ........... same every season!

Arsenal had three since Wenger ............ still no better!

Wolves have anew manager since Nuno ............ no better!

Watford had about six managers last ten years ........... still down the bottom!

England EIGHTEEN managers since Sir Alf ................ still won nothing!
Report Crisp77 November 25, 2021 6:29 AM GMT
Wolves currently having their best start to a Premier League season ever
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 25, 2021 8:12 AM GMT
Yes they're 2 points above Mid table!!
Report lurka November 25, 2021 9:25 AM GMT
You keep asking these questions to everyone as if there is only one answer and it's obvious.

It's not just players. None of those clubs are comparable to United, who can spend and have spent as much as City since Pep joined.

Has it not dawned on you yet that the managers Arsenal have had since Wenger were no better than him. Newcastle haven't spent a bean and their managers have all done well to keep them up and that's about as good as they could have done. Watford the same but they still trounced United at the weekend so they must have better players, yes?

No idea why you are using England as an example. They haven't had the same players since Sir Alf, they play in KO tournaments where the best team often doesn't win (penalty shoot-outs anyone?) and the manager can't sign players. It's a ridiculous comparison but so is the idea that it's all about the players only. Chelsea last season is the best proof you can get for that but keep sticking your fingers in your ears if you want.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 25, 2021 10:31 AM GMT
Maybe fergie had a good tealady
to help run the football side
of man utd during his tenure.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 25, 2021 10:56 AM GMT
lurka

I'm not saying it's about the players only.  But it is about 90% about the players.

I've asked many times on here, compare the United team now to a typical Ferguson side.  NOT ONE PLAYER (Bar Ronaldo) would get in the team up against a Fergie counterpart.

Zidane took over Real Madrid, with all the top PLAYERS you could want, once again could you and I pick their team and they'd have still won?

United have tried four managers since Fergie, all been much of a much let's be honest.  Nothing to do with the players just not being good enough?

Do you think De Bruyne, Salah, Diaz, VVD, Kante would be picked for United if they played for us ........... BUT THEY DON'T so whoever the manager is can't pick them so he has to pick from what we have.  We don't need a new manager ewe need about 7 or 8 BETTER PLAYERS.
Report hfink November 25, 2021 11:18 AM GMT
Check out some Ralf Rangnick videos, Lou. He influenced Klopp and Tuchel, and look where they are now. Game strategy and how the players are coached have a huge part to play in top-flight modern football, and the elite coaches have grasped this well.
Report lurka November 25, 2021 11:25 AM GMT
You need both. You never admit that the players there are the fault of the manager either. OGS had 3 years to sign players and he spent big on Maguire, AWB. Then James, VDB, Telles, Sancho and barely used them. Let Herrera go and didn't replace him even though the midfield was the biggest problem before he came. Still has Fred and McT as first choice in midfield.

Zidane didn't buy nearly all the players he won with. But he got a lot more out of them than the previous managers who did.

The likes of de Bruyne and Salah were PL flops under different managers and were nothing like the players they look under Pep and Klopp. Even for Belgium de Bruyne doesn't look as good with top layers around him but under an inferior manager. You can say that about nearly every City and Liverpool player and the Chelsea players too under Tuchel. That's because they are cogs in a system devised by the manager that is streets ahead of all the other clubs in England and prob Europe too and gets 95+ points in a PL season. You only have to look at the difference in Chelsea under Lampard and Tuchel with the same players in the same season to see this. You cannot compete with this without a similar manager with a similarly effective system. And managers like them buy players with qualities that fit their system exactly, so nearly all the players they sign look greatly improved. The system is greater than the sum of its parts. United under OGS were a collection of parts with no system. Klopp, Pep and Tuchel would have most of them looking great and would have replaced the rest within 2 windows. That's the difference and it's a massive one.

Even look at a guy like Cancelo, played as a full or wing-back his entire career and Pep now has him playing as an inverted wing back in an inside position creating chances. Liverpool winning the CL and PL creating chances thru full-backs primarily and OGS bought AWB who is a complete donkey going forward. He was a poor manager to begin with with 20 year old ideas on how to attack and zero ideas about midfield or defence trying to compete with those guys and United missed out on Poch and Tuchel because of him and their mug board.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B November 25, 2021 11:43 AM GMT
lurka

Tell you what I'll let you quit whilst your behind how's that son.

You wonder whether OGS even wanted half of those signings, who knows?  I agree though most of them (I like Wan Bissaka myself as he's an excellent defender) have been just not good enough.  Even Bruno often does nothing, keeps giving the ball away he can be awful.  Maguire I've said right from the start he's just a 6/10 tall defender, no better than a typical League 2 defender really he's not.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 25, 2021 1:03 PM GMT
lurka

Tell you what I'll let you quit whilst your behind how's that son

Lol

That's a great post, imo lurka
pretty much sums up the current gulf
between top 3 and the others.

Wish you posted more!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder