Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
16 Nov 21 17:27
| Topic/replies: 55,822 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
If I have understood how it works (and it's stupidly complicated so perhaps not) ....

They will be at home in the Play Off Semi and the worst case scenario seems to be Poland, but could be Finland/North Macedonia.

If they win that the strongest opponent in the final - home advantage determined by coin toss - would be Sweden, but again quite likely a weaker nation.
Pause Switch to Standard View Scotland seem to have a good chance...
Show More
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 16, 2021 6:01 PM GMT
You've misunderstood.  40% chance of Portugal or Italy in their section
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 16, 2021 6:09 PM GMT
for example the winner of Scotland v Austria could play the winner of Italy v North Macedonia
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 16, 2021 6:11 PM GMT
dream draw would be Finland Russia and North Macedonia
Report tobermory November 16, 2021 6:14 PM GMT
Ah,I see.

Thanks.

I thought the Top 3 seeds could not meet.
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 16, 2021 7:56 PM GMT
https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/205b8634751aa743/original/teq6xtba5j54gogrcemo...
Report The Dragon November 16, 2021 8:19 PM GMT
it will be tough whatever the permertations are

good luvck to them i hope they make it

brings backmemories of allys army - but cant see that in Qatar
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 16, 2021 8:25 PM GMT
hopefully Wales seeded too.  A Scotland v Wales match for WCQ would be a massive game.  About a 5% chance as things stand at this precise moment
Report Giuseppe November 16, 2021 8:27 PM GMT
horrible system this

should be based on groups and that's it, no playoffs, if you amke it into the top two you' qualify

also the seeding should be based on records in tyhe groups not FIFA rankings

the big teams get teh advantage of a seeding twice once in teh groups and again in the playoffs that isn't afir

Africa has ten groups leading to the winners playing each others in playoffs

four years coming down to two matches, madness
Report Giuseppe November 16, 2021 8:28 PM GMT
imagine you get a red card at the start of the playoff
Report The Dragon November 16, 2021 8:29 PM GMT
spot on guiseppe -ridicoulus
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 16, 2021 8:37 PM GMT
seedings are based on records in groups and NOT FIFA rankinks
Report Giuseppe November 16, 2021 8:43 PM GMT
are they? if so that is a elatively new development. in the past they used FIFA rankings I'm sure

that was back when it was just a one round two legged playoff

now you have two games and you could be away for both Crazy
Report Giuseppe November 16, 2021 8:45 PM GMT
and i still don't understand how the nations league works Crazy
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 16, 2021 8:57 PM GMT
The seeding rule has changed for this tournament.  It's long overdue.
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 16, 2021 9:51 PM GMT
Italy Portugal Sweden Scotland Russia Wales v In order of difficulty for me .... Czech Rep Poland Austria Ukraine Turkey North Macedonia

All 12 teams were at the Euros.

WD to Serbia, the only team not at the Euros to have qualified

not much between the teams bar Portugal, Italy, North Macedonia, and arguably Turkey.  Scotland and Wales should be fave at home to any of them, although only marginal.  Home to Italy or Portugal prolly 25-30% chance ... away 15%.  All in all I wouldn't take 3/1 Scotland or Wales.  Which makes Lads 11/8 Scotland to qualify before they'd even won their last 3 group games a contender for a palpable error.  Mebbe they really meant 11/2 lol.
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 26, 2021 10:17 PM GMT
Wales or Austria  v Scotland or Ukraine.  They'll both take that!

Italy and Portugal drawn together
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 26, 2021 10:33 PM GMT
Scotland are available at 10/3.  Lads/Corals should really hold their heads in shame in offering 11/8 before they won their last 3 matches securing a seeding which looked unlikely then, and avoiding both Italy and Portugal.
Report roache November 26, 2021 11:36 PM GMT
What is the point of those cretins from FIFA having a seeding system then when it gets down to the business end of the 3 individual finals to qualify for the world cup you decide who has home advantage by the randomness of a draw whilst also ensuring that one of Italy or Portugal whom are possibly the top seeds left from the final 12 teams are not going to qualify for the world cup, it is totally absurd IMO that FIFA use the seeding system in qualifying groups for the world cup and also for the world cup itself and then ditch it for these play offs surely these 3 separate pathways of 4 teams in each pathway should have been set up with the top 3 seeds in 3 different pathways and continuing the seedings to complete the 3 pathways of 4 but no we shall not be seeing either Italy or Portugal 2 of the better teams at the next world cup and i know its worked out better for Wales and Scotland as neither of these 2 teams stand in there way but just my thoughts anyway.
Report tobermory November 26, 2021 11:54 PM GMT
I agree, no sense in not having the top 3 seeds kept apart.

Incredible that Italy might go 20 years without making knock out rounds of WC..

2006 - Winners
2010 - group stage
2014 - group stage
2018 - failed to qualify
2022 - failed to qualify??
Report CLYDEBANK29 November 27, 2021 1:13 AM GMT
As it stands Austria would be at home to Scotland in the final, which does seem a bit unfair.  Could have done it like the MLS, where the highest ranked team left has HA.  The flip side is it's nice to see smaller nations in the WC, rather than the same teams every 4 years.  24 years since Scotland and it is 64 since Wales did

Surprised Austria are faves away in Wales on the opening lines, although can't argue they look stronger on paper.  Don't think they've played at a WC since 82?
Report Crisp77 November 27, 2021 6:12 AM GMT
Scots could have a mountain to climb in Austria
Report jackdanny November 27, 2021 1:40 PM GMT
Also the outside chance that neither Italy or Portugal qualify .
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com