Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DeSSieReborn
18 Oct 21 18:43
| Topic/replies: 27,876 | Blogger: DeSSieReborn's blog
Soon to be back at OT??
Show More
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 18, 2021 6:47 PM BST
As a supporter?
Report brentford October 18, 2021 6:50 PM BST
Bruce and Ollie joint managers....the dream team Excited
Report Crisp77 October 18, 2021 7:55 PM BST
Have Ronaldo and Fernandes been sacked?
Report treetop October 18, 2021 8:26 PM BST
Steve has been a resounding success.............for the mackems LaughLaughLaugh
Report Tiger Tiger October 18, 2021 8:29 PM BST
Steve Bruce ruined the mackems, from which they have never recovered.
Report treetop October 18, 2021 8:35 PM BST
Dont count yer chickens to early tiger
Report Storm Alert October 18, 2021 9:50 PM BST
Apparently will get an 8m payoff. Bet he can't wait.
Report themightymac October 18, 2021 10:03 PM BST
I like Bruce. Good guy but it shows how Fd up this world is when a manager of a failed football club can get an 8 million pay off.
Report brentford October 18, 2021 10:07 PM BST
I must admit I nearly spat my beer out when I heard last week, I think they were estimating 5 million at that time but either way...wow!

decent bloke as far as I can tell but probably more championship calibre, could quite happily just retire I guess...
Report Racingqueen October 18, 2021 10:08 PM BST
If he was foreign, he wouldn't get a mention on Sky Sports but cos he's Nevilles mate, the Toon are abusive employers ffs.

Neville really is a f**king clown
Report Racingqueen October 18, 2021 10:18 PM BST
did Gary mention a bean about the sacking of Xisco at Watford?!
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 18, 2021 10:21 PM BST
How is it 8 million?

How is that calculated, when
he was appointed he was one
of lowest paid managers, but
on auto renew 3 year contract.

I doubt its 4 nevermind 8.

But maybe man utd come in with
a silly bid for him, like palace
did with pardew.
Report Storm Alert October 19, 2021 8:52 AM BST
Might be overinflated by the papers but several quoted 8m. I remember last season some details of his contract came out. If sacked last season it was 4m, but it was written into Bruce’s contract that potential pay-off rises considerably for each season that he oversees Premier League survival.
Report Storm Alert October 19, 2021 8:53 AM BST
He may be a Championship standard manager, but clearly a Premiership standard salary negotiator.
Report dustybin October 19, 2021 9:37 AM BST
He can come back to SWFC, I'd take him back.
In the few months he was with us he showed more than a string of useless c0nts before or since.

He can speak a good game and lets face it thats about 3/5 of being a manager.
All you have to do is make the players believe by being a good orator, throw in a few decent one liners and a bit of philosophy and thicko footballers give another 15%
Report salmon spray October 19, 2021 10:23 AM BST
Not a high bar at SWFC,as you suggest.
Report Racingqueen October 19, 2021 11:13 AM BST
He's a decent manmanager at say championship/promotion level. Not great coaching as toon have gone badly backwards defensively under him.
He could do a decent job if given support at say Sheffield Wednesday/Derby etc...

The problem at Toon is he basically took over from a great and popular coach in Benitez who with his two hands tied behind his back had a well organised, tough to beat unit. The fans see him as a cover for Ashley as opposed to Rafa who always seemed to have a distant relationship with Ashley.

Genuinely he fully deserves the sack as he has lost the dressing room so his only strength (Man management...) is worthless
Report Tiger Tiger October 19, 2021 11:32 AM BST
Bruce was on barley 500k a year at Shef Wed, it didn't take a lot to bring him to Newcastle, at the time reportedly to be one of the lowest paid managers in the Premiership, £8m pay off? A figure grasped out of thin air by someone in the press and repeated until some people actually believe it.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 19, 2021 12:27 PM BST
I can only assume his 8m payout
is based on retained bonus
and that a decent manager getting
Newcastle top 8 in ach of the 3 years
will see some nice bonuses kick in.

He really must hope he's sacked
soon as if they go down he's likely
back to a £1.5 million compo
deal, lol
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 19, 2021 12:29 PM BST
He was rumoured to be on
£1 million at Newcastle, but
don't know how much bonus was in that.

Top half would have been a bonus
tier.
Report DIE LINKE October 19, 2021 4:26 PM BST
Improvement on Maguire!
Report 11kv October 19, 2021 4:29 PM BST
Most of that will be to go away quietly and keep stum
Report Storm Alert October 20, 2021 11:24 AM BST
Gone

Steve Bruce will receive an £8million pay-out after being sacked as Newcastle boss - and admits it could be his final job in football. "I think this might be my last job, as I now have more money than I could have imagined possible"

Two weeks after the £305m Saudi funded takeover the veteran coach was relieved of his duties on Wednesday morning. Director Amanda Staveley and the Public Investment Fund paymasters cleared the managerial decks at 10.30am, after Bruce had managed his 1,000th game as boss on Sunday - the 3-2 defeat to Spurs.

Fans had been demanding Bruce leave for weeks, to give the club a fresh start.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK October 20, 2021 11:51 AM BST
Manger that gets it
Not back room ?
Back room must be dog **** too surly
Report 1st time poster October 20, 2021 12:26 PM BST
youve got to love the loony geordies now all over the media saying they,d sacrifice style of play just shut up shop to get a few points,the style of play they crucified bruce for playing and are only in bottom 3 because bruce is trying to play the type of football the fans demanded
their all mad as a box of frogs
Report snowynoon October 20, 2021 12:35 PM BST
used to like Newcastle but the behaviour of their fans regarding Bruce the last couple of years has put me off them ,the guy didnt deserve the abuse he got considering they didnt finish too badly last year despite having very bad luck with injuries .Their fans seem to have delusions of grandure .
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 20, 2021 12:39 PM BST
What style of play did Bruce have 1tp

It was the players that wanted
to revert to rafa formation.

Problem was Bruce thought he
could then play 2 wide men plus
2 wing backs.

Jones coming in last season saved
his bacon, and willocks goals
kept us up.

I thing Bruce used the same
excuses in every job of management
he ever had.

He needed excuses as he wasnt
good enough.

Well done on 1000 games.
Report 1st time poster October 20, 2021 12:52 PM BST
just heard supporters club bloke on sky sports say
wilock
maxy
wilson
almeron
frazer
are all good players with a poor manager ,well presumably he wont want those players replacing
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK October 20, 2021 1:03 PM BST
Bruce never going to walk was he
He’s been terrible for years not good enough anyway he’s been
He’s a lower manger at best I think any Newcastle fan wanted him in first place
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK October 20, 2021 1:04 PM BST
Don’t think any Newcastle fan wanted him
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 20, 2021 1:09 PM BST
Indeed 1tp, at least 3 of them
are good enough.
Report EastLower Gooner October 20, 2021 2:00 PM BST
At least they weren’t heartless to leave him stranded on 999 not out.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 20, 2021 2:02 PM BST
A nice tribute from
Allan Saint Maximin

You are, without a doubt, one of the most gentle people that I have ever met in the world of football. You have been a man of your word, a caring man and a fair man who never hesitated to protect us. I will never forget how you treated me, for that I will be forever grateful
Report tobermory October 20, 2021 2:28 PM BST
That is rather nice and unexpected from a premier league player (I always assume they are laughing at the manager behind his back, unless it's Klopp/Pep/Tuchel)
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK October 20, 2021 4:26 PM BST
Allan Saint Maximin ain’t got clue what to make of him
Looks unbelievable for 5 min unplayable
But goes missing in major way most games funny player IMO
He’s got respect thou
Report jed.davison October 20, 2021 4:30 PM BST
Got an idea ASM is in the mould of Mane, who used to get such accusations levelled at him at Southampton.

Imo he'd be sensational in a proper team.

Nice send-off from him as well, I think Bruce emerges with his reputation enhanced from his time at SJP. Massively hobbled by Ashley financially, he's kept them up with a moderate squad at best, they may be about to discover that's not a skill given to any old manager.
Report 1st time poster October 20, 2021 4:31 PM BST
traore mark one or 2
Report tobermory October 20, 2021 4:36 PM BST
ASM would be Arsenal's best player right now.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 20, 2021 4:54 PM BST
Craig hope in daily mail

Comment: Steve Bruce's time at NUFC was a joyless regression. He inherited a defensive wall & left behind a pile of bricks , all the while antagonising fans & passing the buck. It is a myth, too, that he never stood a chance, he was judged on the job he did.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 20, 2021 5:33 PM BST
News from paddy Power...

The 19 other Premier League clubs have voted against Newcastle sacking Steve Bruce.
Report Racingqueen October 20, 2021 5:45 PM BST
He inherited a defensive wall & left behind a pile of bricks

Like the Daily mail or not, Hope is spot on. Toon under Benitez spent net zero and had zero attacking threats once Perez left. Rafa is a great coach and took bit part players and moulded a great defence out of them. Bruce came in....had Joelintin and Saint Maximin brought in which you would expect would take pressure off the defense and the defence fell apart.

Eddie Howes record at Bournemouth was woeful defensively as well.

Toon need a good defensive coach/manager and badly
Report tobermory October 20, 2021 5:49 PM BST
Brutal line that
Report 1st time poster October 20, 2021 6:00 PM BST
not sure how you work out bringing in 2 luxury type forwards should enhance a defence put together by rafa,newcastle fans put up with mind numbing football from rafa but wouldnt put up with it from bruce although they finished in roughly same spot
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 20, 2021 6:07 PM BST
Having sat through it 1tp
it simply wasn't the same.

There was a certain amount of
novelty factor seeing Newcastle able
to defend when rafa was there.
Report Racingqueen October 20, 2021 6:13 PM BST
they were defensive under Benitez and well organised. Under Bruce the defence was inept and the big money attacking signings he made horrific value for money.

Buying 2 supposedly decent attackers by its very nature should help take pressure off your defence. As a threat, they need to be defended against and will occupy an opponent.

Compare to Rafa who had zero attacking threats once Ayoze left and still organised a great defensive unit.

Fans liked rafa because they could see a potential progression in Rafas coaching.
Under Bruce it was backwards and would have ended in relegation last year if not for Willock having once in a lifetime form run
Report Giuseppe October 20, 2021 6:14 PM BST
bet rafa is spewing right now
Report Racingqueen October 20, 2021 6:34 PM BST
rafa went to China hoping bit of time would get the deal through and he'd be brought back. chucked it in the summer presuming deal was a goner
Report Racingqueen October 20, 2021 6:43 PM BST
funnily enough, rafa used to spew at Valencia for not getting enough money to spend.
Report 1st time poster October 20, 2021 7:20 PM BST
buying ronny has made utd easy to slice through
Report EastLower Gooner October 20, 2021 8:47 PM BST
Wenger Technical Director & Eddie Howe the coach imo #dreamteam
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 23, 2021 7:16 PM BST

https://twitter.com/MagpieChannel_/status/1451899341287919617?s=19

Report The Dragon October 23, 2021 9:48 PM BST
no easy answer end of
Report wolf3011 October 23, 2021 11:27 PM BST
Bruce guided Newcastle to 12th and 13th last 2 seasons.. where did their fans expect to finish exactly with the budget under Ashley?
Report Trackman October 23, 2021 11:47 PM BST
11th
Report GLASGOWCALLING October 24, 2021 11:33 AM BST
  Steve Bruce will receive an £8million pay-out after being sacked as Newcastle boss - and admits it could be his final job in football. "I think this might be my last job, as I now have more money than I could have imagined possible"

Did he really say that FFS. !! ?
Report Racingqueen October 24, 2021 3:26 PM BST
Calum Wilson basically called him out saying when Jones came in last Jan, it brought some tactical knowledge with him.

Bruse is a decent man manager and I could see players getting on with him initially but when you combine his lack of tactical/coaching ability with the lack of investment this last summer, it made for a stagnant team where moral dropped low when they say no new faces coming in. Thats a toxic combination and players soon get sick of the likes of Bruce in that type of environment.

On the other hand, cant blame Ashley as he is seeing the club as being uop for sale so why invest big money
Report LoyalHoncho October 24, 2021 6:24 PM BST
Good point wolf. 
"Jones has brought in some tactical knowledge"?  You can ( allegedly ) have all the tactical knowledge in the world but if you don;t have the raw material to keep goals out no tactics ever devised will get you results.  Bruce has been saddled with defensive nobodies for seasons.  I said so on here two years ago and was slated and abused for my trouble but it is still true.
From day one Ritchie has been a liability as a left back - getting goalside of an attacker just doesn't occur to him and the central defence is so static and uncommanding.
I like Newcastle and always have but it has to be said they are in the deep stiff and no mistake.  Where would they be if Callum Wilson wasn't doing the business?  Heaven help them if they lose him to injury.
Report nineteen points October 24, 2021 9:06 PM BST
All man utd fans and rest of PL fans supporting Bruce should be happy now.he is available to take over from ole and take them back to the glory days.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com