Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pipedreamer
13 Oct 21 15:14
| Topic/replies: 666 | Blogger: pipedreamer's blog
What a bunch of ****heads.They forget that in 1956,that THEY were the oppressed,when the soviet troops rolled into Hungary.They were poor and starving,most of their wealth went straight to Russia.
Their players refused to take the knee.Didn't their parents tell them that THEY were once the oppressed.
What a bunch of stupid Dunber Cumpts.If we all go down the path of what happened last time,when people stood behind Hitler and his racist ****,another 58 million people will perish,just like world war 2.
Only the next time,it will be more like 500 million.Anybody peddling **** like that should be prosecuted for being mentally insane,and locked up.
Pause Switch to Standard View Hungary fans refuse to endorse the...
Show More
Report mecca October 13, 2021 3:19 PM BST
Maybe they just don't like communism/marxism
Report 11kv October 13, 2021 3:35 PM BST
Everybody has an a view /opinion what makes it right or wrong.
Report pipedreamer October 13, 2021 4:11 PM BST
Mecca,it's still oppression.11kv,whats your opinion ?.
Report Tiger Tiger October 13, 2021 4:52 PM BST
In 1956 Soviet troops had been in Hungary for 11 years.

Read your history of Hungary, especially the war years and you may just change your mind about both the country and the people. You certainly cannot generalise the population as all being football hooligans ffs.
Report Giuseppe October 13, 2021 5:43 PM BST
lol comparing racism in Britain to being occupied by a foreign country
Report brians October 13, 2021 6:47 PM BST
The new owners of Newcastle dont take the knee .To anyone.
Report Tiger Tiger October 13, 2021 6:53 PM BST
Good to see you didn't spell your name wrong.
Report sofaking October 13, 2021 7:01 PM BST
Dumb take. "Taking the knee" is an American thing in honour of a career criminal and drug addict (who threatened to kill a pregnant woman at gunpoint during  a home invasion).  What the hell does it have to do with Hungary or any other European country???????
Report LoyalHoncho October 13, 2021 7:03 PM BST
Very fair point sofaking.
Report brentford October 13, 2021 7:21 PM BST
Arguably has more to with Martin Luther King..and in terms of it's re-emergence is based upon a peaceful protest at a perceived lack of equality in american society by some black NFL players..a more peaceful and respectful protest is difficult to imagine

difficult to see how it can cause such offence regardless of it's increasingly tokenistic and pointless presence at football matches.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 13, 2021 7:28 PM BST
It's difficult to know why anybody let
alone a group of far right
extremists would be so against
preventing racism.
Report tobermory October 13, 2021 7:42 PM BST
How is taking the knee preventing racism?
Report pipedreamer October 13, 2021 7:44 PM BST
Tiger,i wasn't generalising,i said,"their players",that's some sub bench,The whole population !!!!!.
Guiseppe,i wasn't making a comparison.
Sofakind,it isn't anymore about one man.It is now taken as any racism against any religion,colour etc.What crime had all those people living in Africa etc done,when they were kidnapped and enslaved?.
Report sixtwosix October 13, 2021 7:51 PM BST
Look at some of the individuals taking the knee ..... am I really being 'educated' by some who either have criminal records or were high profile covid rule breakers ......................
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 13, 2021 7:56 PM BST
Clearly nothing will prevent racism
tobermory, doesn't stop folk trying.

You can continue to trawl through young black players'
social media as soon as they
miss a penalty
Report wolf3011 October 13, 2021 7:58 PM BST
Are these the young black players paid hundreds of thousands a week trolled like every other player who misses a pen with a higher number of black players in football than white players per capita.. a few clowns on social media doesn't mean football is rife with racism or there wouldn't be the player race demographics showing the stats they do would there.
Report tobermory October 13, 2021 7:59 PM BST
It wasn't me doing it. It was the BBC, Guardian..... probably had Saka's instagram open, hitting F5 waiting for the banana emojis. Was top of the BBC News less than an hour after the game.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 13, 2021 8:00 PM BST
You said you did
Report tobermory October 13, 2021 8:04 PM BST
I had a look after the BBC reported it.
Report brentford October 13, 2021 8:09 PM BST
I would have thought Wolf, it's more about removing it from society than football but it's a very good platform to move things forward,

Why should any sportsman take the knee in a football match for an anti capitalist organisation

and that would be an intentional misrepresentation of it.
Report geoff m October 13, 2021 8:11 PM BST
Rashford opened up a soup kitchen @ Wembley as he heard there where some hungary fans kicking off.
Report brentford October 13, 2021 8:13 PM BST
fwiw I thought Luton Town's decision (or players decision I guess) to have players lined up together arms round each other in a line (similar to at a national anthem) in what's a very mixed race team was far more powerful and effective as a message...
Report wolf3011 October 13, 2021 8:23 PM BST
brentford, where are all these egs of " racism in football" you allude to implying the grounds are like 1950s Alabama? I've been to hundreds of matches all over England over the years and not seen a single one.

If you are referring to social media, why anyone in the public eye or the common joe would want to go on social media which is a cesspit for all kinds of abuse I've no idea. If someone in the public limelight was disabled they would be abused, female, short, fat , ugly etc etc it won't ever be stopped. Virtually every celebrity at some point has been labelled as everything from a sex offender to an evil b*stard to a murdering scumbag if connected to politics , yet someone posts a banana emoji to someone on twitter and " football is rife with racism "? There are plenty of things in society that police need to be focusing on above and beyond this kind of rubbish. Incidentally the best way to deal with online abuse instead of earning fortunes by plugging all kinds of brands and updating people on the latest ferrari is a button which says " log off".
Report brentford October 13, 2021 8:31 PM BST
I didn't allude to any as far as I'm aware Wolf, and certainly my experiences on my now rare attendances these days are totally different to the 80's or early 90's where it was still a regular thing at certain grounds (I'm reluctant to name and shame)  for players especially and even spectators...

re social media I think there's a lot in that I'd agree with but doesn't mean there should be indifference to trying to do something about it.
Report sofaking October 13, 2021 8:32 PM BST

Oct 13, 2021 -- 1:44PM, pipedreamer wrote:

Tiger,i wasn't generalising,i said,"their players",that's some sub bench,The whole population !!!!!.Guiseppe,i wasn't making a comparison.Sofakind,it isn't anymore about one man.It is now taken as any racism against any religion,colour etc.What crime had all those people living in Africa etc done,when they were kidnapped and enslaved?.

And they're still being kidnapped and enslaved by their own people to this day. There are still open-air slave markets in Libya (since Obama, Bill Clinton's wife etc destroyed that country) and other African countries. "Taking the Knee" is intentionally divisive and has achieved absolutely nothing.

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 13, 2021 8:44 PM BST
Rashford opened up a soup kitchen @ Wembley as he heard there where some hungary fans kicking off.

Happy
Report duncan idaho October 13, 2021 8:48 PM BST
If you are referring to social media, why anyone in the public eye or the common joe would want to go on social media which is a cesspit for all kinds of abuse I've no idea

err, this forum is social media...you appear to be on it

Incidentally the best way to deal with online abuse instead of earning fortunes by plugging all kinds of brands and updating people on the latest ferrari is a button which says " log off".

practice what you preach, mate...practice what you preach. bye.
Report wolf3011 October 13, 2021 8:55 PM BST

Oct 13, 2021 -- 2:48PM, duncan idaho wrote:

If you are referring to social media, why anyone in the public eye or the common joe would want to go on social media which is a cesspit for all kinds of abuse I've no ideaerr, this forum is social media...you appear to be on it Incidentally the best way to deal with online abuse instead of earning fortunes by plugging all kinds of brands and updating people on the latest ferrari is a button which says " log off". practice what you preach, mate...practice what you preach. bye.

Bit of a silly post " mate " as I'm not calling police over banana emojis

Report themightymac October 13, 2021 8:56 PM BST
Everybody should be treated equal and with respect, of course they should, but Politics should be kept out of sport and people shouldn`t be forced to embrace issues they don`t agree with, even if they are wrong.
Report pipedreamer October 13, 2021 9:14 PM BST
Wolf.kneeling down on BOTH knees,is a sign of being subservient,or being subjucated.Going down on ONE knee,shows support and allegiance to a cause.
Surprised that you don't know the difference.
Report Tiger Tiger October 13, 2021 9:21 PM BST
"Knights would get down on one knee in front of their lord as a display of respect, obedience, and loyalty. It was also a common occurrence in religious ceremonies, and in those days marriage and religion were intrinsically linked.
Report wolf3011 October 13, 2021 9:28 PM BST
Kneeling is kneeling- it signifies subservience. Even leaving that aside, what is the cause exactly- racism in football? My first match was in 1988, I've been to most of the 92 grounds and not seen a single fan do anything that would be construed as racist. How many incidents have you seen or how many games out of the millions of fans who attend football matches in the last 30 years in the Uk have had issues with racism? If racism exists in football why are there more black players in football than per capita in society and what exactly is taking a knee supposed to do other than p1ss people off for an issue which the statistics show is so rare it's virtually unheard of?
Report pipedreamer October 13, 2021 9:28 PM BST
Sofaking,"Taking the knee is divisive"?.,funny,i thought it was about all people of all races coming together to share a common cause,and attempt to bring about the end of racism.
Mac,i totally agree.If a cyclist scorching through a shopping mall,crashes into pedestrians,nobody should complain and shout for him to be proscecuted.
I mean,Cycling is now a Sport,and the prosecution of people is a Political viewpoint.I agree,LETS KEEP POLITICS OUT OF SPORT.
Report Capt__F October 13, 2021 9:31 PM BST
like to see annie takethe knee
Report sofaking October 13, 2021 9:50 PM BST

Oct 13, 2021 -- 3:28PM, pipedreamer wrote:

Sofaking,"Taking the knee is divisive"?.,funny,i thought it was about all people of all races coming together to share a common cause,and attempt to bring about the end of racism.Mac,i totally agree.If a cyclist scorching through a shopping mall,crashes into pedestrians,nobody should complain and shout for him to be proscecuted.I mean,Cycling is now a Sport,and the prosecution of people is a Political viewpoint.I agree,LETS KEEP POLITICS OUT OF SPORT.

Very idealistic (and naïve) to believe that "taking a knee" will "bring about the end of racism". That's an extremely apt username you have there. Grin  The demand for racism massively exceeds the supply.

Report pipedreamer October 13, 2021 10:54 PM BST
Sofaking,well i live in hope,what the f are you doing about it ?.
Report Corky October 13, 2021 11:54 PM BST
I bet they are fed up doing it really. I just don't think they ever had an exit plan. To stop now would look like surrender. The poor bastids are going to have to do it until they retire.
Report Corky October 13, 2021 11:58 PM BST
Should have said 'we are taking a knee for a season to stop all the racism in our grounds that really stopped before we were born anyway' You always need an exit strategy. IMO
Report wolf3011 October 14, 2021 1:59 PM BST
Duncan do you dribble when you talk or is it just reserved for when you kneel down in anticipation of what's to come ? What kind of man or effeminate clown kneels ... clearly you obviously.
Report moisok October 14, 2021 5:32 PM BST
rugby footy and others say it has nothing to do with BLM the political movement run by millionaires and marxists at their core.

Yet I saw the BLM logo on featherstones match the other day on sky- interesting when they deny it.

It now seems to include EVERYTHING that is diverse  yet is so Divisive.
Report pipedreamer October 14, 2021 7:01 PM BST
Corky it's a hard life being a footballer a'int it.As for "it has stopped".Latest from America.police tell a black guy to get out of his car,the guy said i'm a paraplegic.
They dragged him out of his car by his hair.I've heard nothing since then,no updates.
Report sofaking October 14, 2021 7:44 PM BST

Oct 14, 2021 -- 1:01PM, pipedreamer wrote:

Corky it's a hard life being a footballer a'int it.As for "it has stopped".Latest from America.police tell a black guy to get out of his car,the guy said i'm a paraplegic.They dragged him out of his car by his hair.I've heard nothing since then,no updates.

That's not race related though and most likely just a scumbag cop.  If it happened to a white person then you never would've heard about it.

Report Corky October 14, 2021 10:24 PM BST
"Latest from America.police tell a black guy to get out of his car,the guy said i'm a paraplegic.
    They dragged him out of his car by his hair"

Shocking, but I watch a load of American cop videos and they are equal opportunity sh1tweasels. For every video showing a cop being nasty to a black man there are just as many if not more where they do it to whites.
Report LoyalHoncho October 15, 2021 12:47 PM BST
I've always thought the same corky and have marvelled at how the media has always avoided that particular revelation.  We got rid of the poll tax by not paying it, we should do the same with the tv licence EN MASSE!  That would really shake things up and get things rocking.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com