Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
davehayes
11 Oct 21 09:57
| Topic/replies: 7 | Blogger: davehayes's blog
I'm new to this forum and Betfair, so my question is this. Can we back and lay the same team in the same game.If so how do we do this
Pause Switch to Standard View Backing and Laying the same Team
Show More
Report inner city sumo October 11, 2021 10:28 AM BST
Yes, you can. I'd recommend looking to at some of the the tutorials Betfair have prepared on how to use the exchange. Time spent there will save you time through trial and error. There used to be a simulator to practice too.

https://betting.betfair.com/how-to-use-betfair-exchange/
Report longbridge October 11, 2021 11:39 AM BST
you might want to find a copy of this too - it's based on the old version of the website but the basics are still the same

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Winning-Betfair-Dummies-Alex-Gowar/dp/047072336X
Report davehayes October 11, 2021 11:43 AM BST

Oct 11, 2021 -- 5:39AM, longbridge wrote:

you might want to find a copy of this too - it's based on the old version of the website but the basics are still the samehttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Winning-Betfair-Dummies-Alex-Gowar/dp/047072336X

Thanks Lads, I have been watching the links you suggest, but haven't looked at the amazon one yet. I'll go there next

Appreciate your help.

Report davehayes October 11, 2021 11:44 AM BST
The simulator is working, but I'm trying to work out how to use it : )
Report Gaze733 October 11, 2021 3:41 PM BST
Wow, a new person, welcome to the world of gambling degenerates. Prepare to lose though, it takes years to find the holy grail.
Report Gaze733 October 11, 2021 3:43 PM BST
I don't expect a 13-year-old guidebook for dummies to contain the holy grail.
Report everyone's a winner October 11, 2021 3:50 PM BST
no but it will give him an idea of how an exchange works and trading prices. got to start somewhere.
Report ericster October 11, 2021 4:16 PM BST
I'm finding the O.P. just a little bit vague but:

He [could] just attempt to do what he has in mind and see if it works. I mean two quid it even, maybe take a hit of a few pence cashing out if it doesn't happen.

If he's looking to put on a bet at odds that aren't available and at the same time put in a lay offer at presumably a lower price, no, I don't think you can. Not sure. Try it and see what happens.Plain

Obviously if you've got a  bet matched you can put in a lay bid.

You need to be a bit more specific mr.hayes. and no I don't want to know the details of your short cut to millionaire status.
Report everyone's a winner October 11, 2021 4:26 PM BST
you can certainly place 2 unmatched bets, one back and one lay, at different prices, if that's what you want to do
Report shiny new shoes please October 11, 2021 4:40 PM BST
Remember the clock is the devil

October 11, 2021 3:41 PM BSTExcitedLaugh..Indiana
holy bee
signs are among us

ERA - Ameno
Report Corky October 11, 2021 4:46 PM BST
Lay Spuds when 1-0 up. Back them when 1-0 down.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! October 11, 2021 4:49 PM BST
Probably best to start with a team like
Arsenal
Flatter to deceive
Can then LAY them to win
Devil
Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 4:56 PM BST
whatever you do , steer clear of martingale
Report SontaranStratagem October 11, 2021 6:31 PM BST
Martingale is the best way Tongue Out
Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 6:33 PM BST
to bankruptcy yeah Grin
Report SontaranStratagem October 11, 2021 6:50 PM BST
Aye
Report ericster October 11, 2021 7:22 PM BST
everyone's a winner:

That's interesting, thanks for clarifying , it's worth knowing. I vaguely remember trying something like that years ago with a football mkt  back to lay/lay to back, one of the two, and getting a pop-up saying that I couldn't.
But it was so long ago, I could be confusing it with something else.
Report everyone's a winner October 11, 2021 7:39 PM BST
you can try it, just pick any team now (probably best not in play!) put in a back bet at 1000 then a lay bet at 1.01 then click view unmatched bets and they'll both be there.
Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 7:43 PM BST
and if that doesn't work ^ lay @ 1000, back at 1.01 and call it a day
Report everyone's a winner October 11, 2021 7:46 PM BST
you'll probably get matched quicker that way Grin
Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 7:48 PM BST
Indeed
Report davehayes October 13, 2021 4:43 PM BST
Crikey, didn't think I would get so many replies. Cheers boys. One of you mentioned the clock and being the devil, I foudn that one out this weeek, but didn't lose money on it.I'm prepared to take the hits, because as I see it is better than going through the bookies, Just my opinion.

I came unstuck with Pompey v Sutton in the PJT final, which was my second choice. I was going to do Hungry to not win against England, but didn't.

@Corky, I have signed up for a Footy Stats site as well, so hoping tnat will help me slightly too. I'm also writing down my stats so I can se what works and what doesn't.

So far I have been going with what look like obvious Lay Bets and Touch wood been luck so far.

My next strategy is going to the goals market.

Either way, I am pleased with my efforts and your replies so far.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com