Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rommel
11 Oct 21 09:26
| Topic/replies: 30,774 | Blogger: rommel's blog

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 81
By:
rommel
When: 11 Oct 21 09:28
1 they'll have to  get a proven world manager
By:
rommel
When: 11 Oct 21 09:30
2 theyll need to pay a premium to attract...like a lot of other places newcastle is not London
By:
rommel
When: 11 Oct 21 09:31
3 some players will not go to newcastle,some wives/gf's too
By:
rommel
When: 11 Oct 21 09:51
4 it will take years for them to be a force,in prem.CL,would you squander 3 years of a career if your a worldie player
By:
TheGoddess
When: 11 Oct 21 11:23
Still the same squad so likely to be in relegation zone in January transfer window.
By:
TheGoddess
When: 11 Oct 21 11:24
Who is going to want to come in to a relegation battle with no prospect of Europe next season?
By:
TheGoddess
When: 11 Oct 21 11:26
They may attrax=ct journeyman mercenaries, but what fight do they add?
By:
TheGoddess
When: 11 Oct 21 11:27
Start of next season, still no European football on the horizon, which big players are going to come?
By:
TheGoddess
When: 11 Oct 21 11:27
Next season, still bottom half and the cycle begins again.
By:
TheGoddess
When: 11 Oct 21 11:28
Be at least 5 years before they hit the Europa League Conference and at least 10 for Champions League.
By:
TheGoddess
When: 11 Oct 21 11:29
The top 6 are so far clear - toon fans can only dream!
By:
thelatarps
When: 11 Oct 21 11:47
Dont know if you guys have been following events in la liga recently but there is a boatload of unwanted top talent at both Madrid and Barcelona.

This is a list of players I should imagine that Florentino Perez would be happy to see off the books at Real..

Marcos Asensio
Gareth Bale
Eden Hazard
Isco
Luka jovic
Toni Kroos
Lucas Vazquez
Marcelo
Mariano Diaz
Luca Modric
Rodrygo

And a list of Barca players of whom Joan Laporta wouldnt mind seeing their backsides on a jumbo flying to Newcastle International Airport..

Jordi ALba
Martin Braithwaite
Philip Coutinho
Antoine Griezmann
Clement Lenglet
Miralem Pjanic
Sergi Roberto
Samuel Umtiti
Luuk de Jong

Then there is the large number of makeweights languishing in the lower depths of the squads of the so called big 6 clubs in the epl.
Hallo Donny!

If any of these players are offered big contracts at NUFC then off to Tyneside they will surely go.
By:
rommel
When: 11 Oct 21 11:52
tarps it'd be a bad start id they just got 2nd rankers in,be going nowhere but they might have to settle with some of them sure
By:
thelatarps
When: 11 Oct 21 12:06
Think the point is that there is a greater supply of top class players demanding the big wages at the moment than there is demand.
In that the Spanish giants and probably inter and juve are looking to offload.

Newcastle under Rafa and indeed Steve Bruce have usually been defensively solid.
The addition of 3 or 4 quality attacking players from the big names in Europe will launch them up the table.

Its not impossible to imagine Hazard turning up. What a coup that would be. And if Amanda and pals were to offer £160m+ for Harry Kane then even Daniel might have to accept. Despite his reported bitter opposition to the Saudi takeover.
By:
rommel
When: 11 Oct 21 12:17
solid,think i missed solid,but i'm not up on the mags must admit
By:
rommel
When: 11 Oct 21 12:19
first up name change to;London North
By:
rommel
When: 11 Oct 21 12:22
to wr at st james youve gotta have a tan -year round,sunbeds compulsory
By:
rommel
When: 11 Oct 21 12:22
to work*
By:
rommel
When: 11 Oct 21 12:23
Laugh
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 11 Oct 21 12:55
Wait and see...we may well get relegated, in which case - spend no money, retain the current squad who would be good enough to bring us back up, then spend to strengthen the playing squad. Plenty of patience needed, it might never happen, it wont happen overnight that's for sure, just as it didn't happen overnight at Man City.
By:
1st time poster
When: 11 Oct 21 13:24
theyve just paid 20 plus million for a player top 8 side [ arsenal ] didnt want,
if newcastle wanted to sell sir max they,d probably want 50 mill plus for him
so theyve already got 2 so called committed marquee type forwards and havnt won a game
when chelski spent they were trying to break in to a top 2 with maybe 20 players off limits
city a top 3 with 30 players off limits
l,pool a top 4 with maybe 40 players off limiys

newcastle at best trying to break in to top 7 with over 100 best talent signed up
there just arnt enough talented players who,ll make a difference out there,unlike when city,chelski bought themselves a seat at top table,every epl club now has money to spend but nothing to spend it on
i see in todays mail newcastle been linked with a host of man u reject squad players not considered good enough for a teram  beaten a distance by city last season
as for jan window think theres been one/2 successful marquee signings made in history of jn windows,clubs will be trying to have a fire sale at newcastles expenxse
By:
1st time poster
When: 11 Oct 21 13:29
and all of this happening whilst 7 or 8 other clubs trying to buy same talent
6 already in europe
2 or 3 in london

like grealish city didnt need him but it stopped a rival getting him,theres 6 other clubs could try and play that card with any player newcastle might want and every players agent will be playing on that
you could almost say with the alternatives out there newcastle should be very worried about anyone committing to them especially in jan window
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 11 Oct 21 13:30
ffs, use your brain - Newcastle will be linked with every tom dick and harry, by the press that is, as the press speculate and make story's up as they go along.

Every Newcastle fan knows that there is no 'easy fix'and that it will take time.
By:
1st time poster
When: 11 Oct 21 13:55
if we count lec and everton,even villa thats 9 clubs with the money/status to attract players one of them has to finish 9th at best, as has happened in last few seasons in EPL almost everyone has the money to attract players,
1, theres very few out there
,2 more luck than judgement that you get the right ones
By:
Corky
When: 11 Oct 21 15:23
eights to win prem in next 5 years Laugh
By:
1st time poster
When: 11 Oct 21 15:34
THEY MIGHT buy ronny,pogba,fernanzez.maguire,varrane,degega,greenwood,rashford,shaw and settle for finishing 18 points behind city unless city buy kane then make that 2o plus points, LaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
1st time poster
When: 11 Oct 21 15:35
1st trohy championship trophy but cant see it taking 8 seasons Laugh
By:
1st time poster
When: 11 Oct 21 16:19
when they have the choice of top clubs nah chance of the likes of rashford,kane top english young talent going to newcastle and been asked every week and with england about human rights in saudi etc,they just dont need it
By:
Racingqueen
When: 11 Oct 21 16:56
If they aim to sign top club rejects like Hazard, Coutinho, Bale etc... they will fail.

It will have to go in steps. No reason they can't aim for top 6 within the next 3/4 years

To win a PL will take a lot of luck and probably another 2/3 years after that.

They will need a group of 4/5 players signed who will embody the club like Terry, Drogba, Cech, Lampard did at Chelsea.

Im surprised Bruce isn't being kept on till at least the end of the season. They will get a boost with the takeover and with a couple of basic signings in Jan should survive comfortably. That would give them time to draw up a proper shortlist of potential coaches. Fans would surely give Bruce that amount of time now Ashley has gone.
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 11 Oct 21 17:00
Currently second bottom of the PL and without a win, I would settle for PL survival. There will be no mass signings of players, it takes time to build a side.

One thing I'm sure of, whatever the immediate future holds I'm 100% sure that the next 14 years will be better than the last 14.
By:
thelatarps
When: 11 Oct 21 19:35
Personally I can see NUFC with a front 3 of St Maximin, a motivated Kane and maybe a Griezmann, Hazard or even whisper it Mbappe next season.
That could be enough for a good old fashioned Geordie run at the title.
I think with the ownership sorted, relegation will not be a concern this year.

I notice Sky are going to be all set for a Newcastle love-in on super sunday this week. A Home win over the less than mighty Spurs is a very attractive price. 5/2.
In my recent memory as a tottenham fan weve been done 6 and 5 up there.
Looks too good to pass up...
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 11 Oct 21 19:39
I was thinking the opposite, a Spurs win to spoil the party is a cert is it not?
By:
loui
When: 11 Oct 21 19:41
If they get a good manager/coach in, that attracts players, and obviously good wages talk. Coach choice is crucial to the project imo
By:
Bish Bosher
When: 11 Oct 21 19:43
Just happy not to have Ashley in charge if i'm honest; it will just be nice to compete with the rest of the league and not look up wishing
By:
thelatarps
When: 11 Oct 21 19:43
Good lord Tiger, have you seen us this season?
We are absolute rubbish.

The only way we win this game is if Brucey is still there and picks a suicide-note eleven. A bit like what Ranieri did in the champions league semi final for chelsea against monaco. All those years ago.
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 11 Oct 21 19:48
Not half as bad as we are, and if the rumours are true that Jones will be charge, heaven help us, his spell as manager of Luton left them in 23rd place before he was sacked. Decent coach maybe but perhaps not a manager. He's not the first good coach to fail as a manager of course, but I would have no faith should he be appointed.
By:
thelatarps
When: 11 Oct 21 20:06
I have a vision of a rocking Sarah Jessica Parker(SJP - st james park geddit?) this sunday.
All those players Newcastle have got at the moment, they are professionals for a reason. They can play the game.
What with the Saudi money coming in, every man jack of them will be up for it.
All of a sudden, Newcastle has gone from a place with a giant big fat cockney cloud hanging over it to the most happening joint in world football.
Who is not gonna want a piece of that?

Looking thru the NUFC squad, the keeper Darlow is solid enough.
Matt Ritchie would walk into the tottenham team.
So would Hayden as a defensive mid.
The Longstaff boys are a pair of diamonds, Almiron i have always liked. Joe Willock will need absolutely no tuning up for this game. St Maximin is world class and Tottenham are one of the few teams who Joe Linton has beaten with his masterful goal scoring touch already.

Nuno is going to have a threadbare squad depleted by south american qualifiers and approximately 5 mins to organise a game plan. Going to Geordieland in this week of all weeks is the one away trip nobody would have wanted.
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 11 Oct 21 20:21
No way would Ritchie get in your team, Hayden is very ordinary, the Longstaffe's - one is in the team through injuries and the other cant even get in Aberdeen's team on loan!! On the plus side, Dubravka and Wilson could both be back along with Lascelles.
By:
thelatarps
When: 11 Oct 21 20:28
Lascelles is quality. So is Dubravka.
Didnt know that Matty Longstaff is it has gone on loan.. Hope its the making of him because what i have seen from those boys they could have good careers at Newcastle.
Going forward NUFC are going to need some local young blood and Sam in particular could be a real driving force.
Always liked Ritchie. He is way more consistent than Reguilon and a better defender.

Modern football, You need a solid defence, which Newcastle have had pretty much in recent years. A hard running midfield plus world class forwards.
You might say NUFC are not that far off.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com