Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mesmerised
11 Oct 21 00:58
| Topic/replies: 29,043 | Blogger: mesmerised's blog
enjoy it imo, because we all enjoy blood money one way or another whether we know it or not, whether we want to or not, and morals, ethics and values do not buy trophies, memories or top drawer players, life's too short - etc.

Our own country earns billions selling arms to the hand choppers who then have used them in Yemen, since 2001 in the middle east and Afghanistan we've been involved in nearly 400 thousand deaths of innocent civilians referred to in the trade as 'collateral damage'  where recently leaked documents highlighted the killing of children and torture of ordinary folk with attempted cover ups, then there was the commonwealth, Boer camp, 45tn from India n' all, slave trade, bearing the fruits of other's labour and suffering, and of course, Ireland, a place where land and people have been pilloried, starved and raped for all their worth over the centuries. Are we going to stop using all the resources the British government pours into the country knowing where some of it has come from and what they have done to others, no, the IRA, 7/7  and modern day immigration whether you like it or not, were consequences of British government policies.......Khashoggi was murdered, but David Kelly went for a nice walk one summer evening and took too many pills, an inquiry heard, OK.  That's the difference between the countries, we are more modern and sophisticated in alleged cover ups, bone saws are old skool.

Top clubs and competitions in Europe are part funded with sponsors such as Emirates Airlines, and Gazprom owned by Russia who's agents have a fondness for Salisbury when off duty, but we all enjoy the Champions League, some of the biggest clubs also have histories built off of the back of laundered wealth or immoral advantages, Madrid had a wealthy fascist ruler, Berlusconi wrote of tax bills for Milan etc. Who cares about Sportswashing knowing all this, pointless hypocrisy, fake outrage, if a filfy rich Arab took over Arsenal I'd wear one of those full blown white gown Thawbs they wear and a tea towel on my bonce in honour of the great man, it's either that or watching Xhaka every week.

Kind Regards
Pause Switch to Standard View Newcastle's Blood Money
Show More
Report Giuseppe October 11, 2021 1:13 AM BST
"modern day immigration whether you like it or not, were consequences of British government policies"

can you explain this please?
Report 11kv October 11, 2021 7:22 AM BST
Common Market.
Report thelatarps October 11, 2021 11:54 AM BST
Excellent post by Mes.

Modern day immigration.
Thousands of people from the Asian subcontinent and the windrush generation (west indies) were invited here by the british government to fill the labour market in the aftermath of WW2.
Report Giuseppe October 11, 2021 1:34 PM BST
"Are we going to stop using all the resources the British government pours into the country knowing where some of it has come from and what they have done to others, no, the IRA, 7/7  and modern day immigration whether you like it or not, were consequences of British government policies"

yes British government signed up to freedom of movement and allowed Commonwealth immigration

but the way it is phrased suggests immigration has something to do with (negative) British actions overseas
Report Tiger Tiger October 11, 2021 1:44 PM BST
The PIF has more than £60Bn invested including in Babylon Healthcare who work alongside the NHS, also huge sums in BP, other Saudi interests in the UK include sponsorship of Man Utd for more than 14 years which continues up until 20230 and sees Man Utd sending training staff out to Saudi. Overall SA has more than £60Bn invested in the UK.

But all of a sudden its 'Newcastle's' blood money????? WALOFS
Report Tiger Tiger October 11, 2021 2:37 PM BST
foydc.
Report Whisperingdeath October 11, 2021 3:34 PM BST
No!

You are judged by the company you keep!
Report Whisperingdeath October 11, 2021 3:35 PM BST
Any sympathy people had for The World's Biggest losers is gawn!

Just to clarify I am not talking about Totteringham!
Report 11kv October 11, 2021 3:41 PM BST
Invites to fill labour markets back in the 50's& 60's was a great idea,it not only helped the country it gave people better a better life and a chance to live in a free society.

The last 30yrs have been come to this country its great.
Report Tiger Tiger October 11, 2021 3:45 PM BST
Whispering Death conveniently getting his own posts removed, wac.
Report Whisperingdeath October 11, 2021 3:56 PM BST
are you a sad little girl tiger. enjoy name calling. does it make you fell big?
Report Tiger Tiger October 11, 2021 4:12 PM BST
Name calling?
Report sixtwosix October 11, 2021 5:16 PM BST
No doubt they will still be taking the knee ......somehow supporting Saudi women and and others who disagree with this nation.
Report Bish Bosher October 11, 2021 7:47 PM BST
Everyone hates a wee club in the north east Laugh absolutely loving it Cool
Report SontaranStratagem October 11, 2021 11:13 PM BST
We're a race of immoral narcissistic bas*ards mes

No one cares about those kids being killed in Afghanistan, its a case of ignoring it and "Its not me thankfully"

This is why the whole bleeding hearts stuff in this country p*sses me off, you don't give a flying s*it about me because I certainly don't give a s*it about you, I don't know you on a personal or bonding level so go feck yourselves is my attitude to them

Life could be so much better if we all just shared the stuff around, everyone should have a computer, a phone etc, its basic stuff that's easy to make and should be easily shared. But there's no desire for that because the psychos wouldn't benefit from a loving society, they could still benefit from it being the irony but they prefer a spiteful type of energy so they give us it.
Report lurka October 12, 2021 12:48 AM BST
The 1% insatiably greedy psychos control the media and constantly peddle 'look over there' and divide and rule 'issues' for us all to discuss. All this racism, gender and trans rights stuff is the latest. All while we all get poorer and they get richer during a pandemic!

They are the biggest problem in society and are the cause of it all and have been for centuries but the masses prefer to get their current affairs spoon fed to them by these people. You even see some of them come out and tell you to vote Tory before an election! Think about that - vote for the party that will make me richer. And people still don't see through it, they actualy champion these people. Why are there no tax loopholes enacted for plebs? They broke the entire world and had their debts paid off by us only about 10 years ago and nobody asked any questions. Now they know they can get away with anything.
Report shiny new shoes please October 12, 2021 2:04 AM BST
/\ white smoke & black mirrors
defund the 1% ,  Laugh

there are two kinds of suffering: one that  leads to more suffering and one that brings an end to suffering!
We ourselves must walk the path ExcitedWink
Report sofiakenny October 12, 2021 2:05 AM BST
Agree with all that lurka..how the f trump was able to watch the disgrace on Capitol hill and I thought why is no help arriving?..unreal he isn't locked up
Bozo and his thieves from the same  school..Bannon Elliot etc....selling racism and intolerance to the low educated voters..the French would have introduced Madame Guillotine to Bozo and his vile crooks.
Report Timber October 12, 2021 4:39 AM BST

Oct 11, 2021 -- 8:05PM, sofiakenny wrote:

Agree with all that lurka..how the f trump was able to watch the disgrace on Capitol hill and I thought why is no help arriving?..unreal he isn't locked upBozo and his thieves from the same

Report Timber October 12, 2021 4:40 AM BST
sofiakenny - You really are the dimmest sweaty on the planet
The Mayor (bowser) wouldn't allow the National Guard...for optics
It's all in a signed letter, if you are able to read anything more than a Janet & John book
Report lfc1971 October 12, 2021 10:07 AM BST
Footballers will continue to take the knee . They have principles .
Report lfc1971 October 12, 2021 10:11 AM BST
And fans
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 12, 2021 11:15 AM BST
Good OP. Can't have people moaning about the club getting in bed with them when our whole country is world champion of money laundering and we are happy to invite them and their money into the very fabric of power and high society.

Feel sorry for Newcastle fans. Don't think they really know how much they're going to be hated now. Think it's going to be quite ugly. I'd wonder what I'd do if I was a Geordie. Don't think I could happily go along with all this but it's easier from the outside looking in.
Report stattman October 12, 2021 11:36 AM BST
As a Geordie i personally do not give a toss what Man u ,Chelsea ,Spurs or any other fans think of us .The real problem for these clubs is possible new giant able to compete with them .As far as blood money is concerned these investors have pumped hundreds of millions into the likes of Disney ,Starbucks ,Uber etc . Never seen any anti Disney threads or news reports .
Report lfc1971 October 12, 2021 11:38 AM BST
It’s not difficult , no right thinking person can continue to support Newcastle Utd
Report stattman October 12, 2021 11:41 AM BST
Or watch Disney channels or drink in Starbucks ? selective discrimination springs to mind .
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 12, 2021 11:43 AM BST
I'm a Newcastle fan, and,
once the other 19 premier
league teams withdraw from league
because its tainted by saudi
money, I shall laugh at their
hypocrisy.

At least Newcastle's new owner
can get a visa to watch club play
at home without changing nationality.
Report lfc1971 October 12, 2021 11:43 AM BST
It matters not how many trophies they may win in the future
What this deal amounts to is a deal with the devil , it’s ruins and taints everything in the future and in this great clubs past
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 12, 2021 11:45 AM BST
Liverpool may have escaped an FA charge over claims that they hacked into Manchester City's scouting database – but the club’s American owners are now at the centre of a cheating storm in baseball.

Fenway Sports Group recently sacked Alex Cora as manager of the Boston Red Sox after he was found guilty of breaking one of the sport’s most sacred rules during a previous role in charge of the Houston Astros.
Report lfc1971 October 12, 2021 11:47 AM BST
yhtl it’s not about Liverpool . If Liverpool were taken over by such a regime that would be the end of Liverpool
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 12, 2021 11:49 AM BST
Clearly cheating doesn't matter.

Pity you didn't pipe up before
the take over

Then we would see that it was
not football related.

I trust you boycott each of these too

Beginning in 2015 the PIF began making a number of high-profile investments, including acquiring a 38% stake in South Korea's Posco Engineering & Construction Co. in July 2015[16] and establishing a sizable fund with French firms in October 2015. In June 2016, the PIF acquired an approximate 5% stake in Uber for $3.5 billion.

In 2016, SoftBank Group and the PIF announced that they would establish a SoftBank Vision Fund which aims to invest up to $45 billion over five years in the tech sector.[17] The SoftBank Group confirmed that during the fiscal year 2019–2020, the Vision Fund, in which Saudi Arabia invested $45 billion, incurred a loss calculated at $17.7 billion, after the value of investments was written down. The losses were related to the investments in WeWork and Uber Technologies Inc. In 39-year history of SoftBank, the Saudi Arabia-backed funds paid the group its worst ever losses, where the overall company losses were 1.36 trillion yen (more than $12.5 billion).[18]

In March 2016, it was announced that ownership of Saudi Aramco would be transferred to the PIF and that the Kingdom will seek to list 5 percent of Aramco's shares by 2017.[19]

On 20 May 2017, during the Saudi-US CEO Forum which was part of President Donald Trump's official trip to Saudi Arabia, the Public Investment Fund (PIF) announced plans to "invest $40 billion in infrastructure projects, mostly in the U.S." Saudi Arabia, which is "working to diversify its economy" entered into business deals with General Electric, Lockheed Martin, and The Blackstone Group. Blackstone, whose CEO and founder—Stephen A. Schwarzman—is a top supporter of Trump, entered into a non-binding memorandum by which the PIF committed $20 billion to the project.[20] During the CEO Forum US-Saudi, arms deals were announced including a pledge to "assemble 150 Lockheed Martin Black Hawk helicopters" in Saudi Arabia, representing 450 jobs in Saudi Arabia" as part of the "$6 billion deal for Black Hawks."[21]

PIF owns Qiddiyah,[22] spearheads the Red Sea project for luxury beach resorts,[23][24] and owns the closed joint-stock company named NEOM.[25][26] PIF owns a 5.7% stake (valued at $500 million) in concert distributor Live Nation.[27] In 2020, PIF purchased minority stakes in major U.S. companies including Boeing, Facebook and Citigroup.[28] PIF disclosed a $713.7 million stake in Boeing, around $522 million in Citigroup, a $522 million stake in Facebook, a $495.8 million stake in Disney and a $487.6 million stake in Bank of America. It also disclosed a small stake in Berkshire Hathaway.[29] PIF also disclosed an $827.7 million stake in oil company BP.[30] In 2020, PIF purchased a 2.32% stake (valued at $1.5 billion) in India's Jio Platforms,[31][32] and reduced its holdings in US stocks to $7 billion from $10.1 billion in the third quarter. It instead left a stake of $2.7 billion in Uber.[33]

In March 2019, it was revealed that PIF paid a New York communications firm, Karv Communications, $120,000-a-month in order to repair the Saudis diplomatic damaged reputation after the Assassination of Jamal Khashoggi.[34]
Report stattman October 12, 2021 11:52 AM BST
If this regime had bought Spurs ,Arsenal ,West Ham or any other London club nothing would be said ,but because its a north East club it has become a bad move for football .Just look at it as a case of leveling up the football country .
Report lfc1971 October 12, 2021 11:57 AM BST
I don’t like London clubs , I like Newcastle
Report stattman October 12, 2021 12:04 PM BST
Lfc1971
Then just go along with the journey .As stated these people have invested billions in all sorts of Companies with no one raising an eyebrow .You cannot just pinpoint one investment and kick off about it .Or would you rather they bought Sunderland instead of us .
Report lfc1971 October 12, 2021 12:09 PM BST
Grin , I would prefer if I was a Newcastle fan to never win anything ever again , rather than this
And the same for Sunderland or any club in this country
Report lfc1971 October 12, 2021 12:12 PM BST
I can’t imagine the Saudis being in charge of Sunderland or Liverpool
The very idea makes me want to vomit
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 12, 2021 12:15 PM BST
There's quite a few 50 year
Newcastle fans never seen their
team win anything of note.

Theyve seen lots of monets come
and go, and fancy a shot at it too.

Who could blame them,
Report lfc1971 October 12, 2021 12:17 PM BST
Winning things is not that important yhtl
Newcastle football club is .
Report Whisperingdeath October 12, 2021 12:30 PM BST
You are of course correct stattman but as I said before I would have hoped better from the Toon rather than dancing in the streets. I can’t believe there is no request to boycott the World Cup in Qatar!

Norway’s Football Federation has comprehensively rejected a chance to boycott the Qatar World Cup.

An extraordinary general meeting of the NFF on Sunday, which lasted several hours, saw the federation hold off demands from some of Norway’s top clubs and a campaign by grassroot supporters to withdraw from next year’s tournament because of Qatar’s treatment of migrant workers.

It is a shame this action from Norway’s leading clubs and players did not succeed. We certainly can’t point the finger at Newcastle fans but we can hope “ The Project “ fails miserably
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 12, 2021 12:38 PM BST
I have boycotted the Ashley empire
and shall continue to do so.

I have no intention of visiting saudi
but hope they pay billions into
nufc in attempt to sportswash.

Thing is though, and they wiill
realise at some point, they cant
wash off the blood.

So likely they bail at some point
Report Tiger Tiger October 12, 2021 12:56 PM BST
The PIF has more than £60 Bn invested including in Babylon Healthcare who work alongside the NHS, also huge sums in BP, other Saudi interests in the UK include sponsorship of Man Utd for more than 14 years which continues up until 20230 and sees Man Utd sending training staff out to Saudi. The Saudis also own Sheffield Utd Overall SA has more than £60Bn invested in the UK.

But all of a sudden its 'Newcastle's' blood money????? WALOFS

All the idiots have now come crawling out of the woodwork to voice the opposition, two faced ****s the lot of them.

How many of these self righteous sorts have ever filled up at a BP station? Or used Twitter? used Facebook? How many of you two faced c0ckroaches have watched a Disney film? How many have used a Shell station to top up? or had a coffee at Starbucks? or ever used Uber, ever flown Boeing? what about Live Nation, ever used them?......and there are lots more companies in the UK and Europe that are owned or have massive shares owned by the Saudis....

Where were you lot when all of the above companies were receiving huge investments from the Saudis....and others???????

Where were you, where was your opposition?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 12, 2021 1:01 PM BST

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/manchester-united-agree-strategic-partnership-in-saudi-arabia

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 12, 2021 1:10 PM BST
Liverpool and the Saudis?

Dubai: Prince Faisal Bin Fahd Bin Abdullah Al Saud has found an able business ally in Liverpool co-owner George Gillett after it emerged that the Saudi royal signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the American billionaire through his sports management company F6.

The deal will allow F6 to explore the possibilities of collaborative commercial opportunities with English Premier League giants Liverpool and Richard Petty Motorsport, another company owned by Gillett. And through the agreement F6 hopes to identify opportunities concerning football, Nascar racing, and other interactive media in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East North Africa (Mena) region.

Prince Faisal was thrilled that the deal will provide an enormous boost to his company and through a statement he said: "George Gillett is at the helm of some of the most powerful and celebrated sports brands in the world. F6 is energised about the strategic partnership with his groups and seeks to lead the way with our investment partners in identifying the brands, personalities, facilities, and media that will catalyse the evolution of sports experiences in the kingdom and beyond, introducing thousands of quality employment opportunities within Saudi Arabia."

Gillett, too, views the opportunity as one with "immense growth potential". "The Middle East sports market has immense growth potential as eager fans in the region demand access to more diverse and higher calibre competition. I am delighted, enthusiastic and honoured to have the opportunity to partner with such a visionary in His Highness Prince Faisal."
Report stattman October 12, 2021 1:10 PM BST
Whispering
The England team will again take the knee tonight in support of all discrimination ,Then try to win a game to qualify for the world cup in one of the most discriminatory Countries on the planet .Total hypocracy .But if one of the major teams (Brazil ,Germany ,Spain etc )had the guts to boycott the tournament supporters might just put enough pressure on the organisers to switch venues .
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 12, 2021 1:13 PM BST
Liverpool visited by Saudi Arabian royal family after agreement is reached with Reds kit providers New Balance

HRH Faisal bin Turki is part of a delegation visiting Anfield as part of a link-up with kit providers New Balance
Liverpool could be set for a cash boost (

ByANDY KELLY
IAN DOYLE

22:49, 3 Mar 2017

Liverpool will welcome the Saudi Arabian royal family to Anfield as part of an 'investment agreement' in the United Kingdom to announce the deal, it has been claimed.

HRH Faisal bin Turki is part of a delegation visiting Anfield according to the official Twitter account of Saudi football club Al Nassr, where he is the president.

Members of the Saudi royal family will be guests tomorrow at the Liverpool vs Arsenal game, but any investment deal does not involve a stake in the football club but a link-up with club kit providers New Balance, reports the Liverpool Echo.

The 43-year-old is the grandson of the late Prince Sultan, who was the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia from 2005 to 2011.
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 12, 2021 3:36 PM BST
https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1447932120802938885?s=20
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 12, 2021 3:50 PM BST
The sister of a Saudi aid worker jailed for tweeting criticism of the regime has spoken of her shock and anger after the Saudi-led takeover of Newcastle United was approved just 24 hours after the state upheld her brother’s 20-year sentence.

Areej al-Sadhan said she had not spoken to her brother, Abdulrahman, for years and warned Newcastle fans that the club’s reputation was now firmly tied to the actions of the Saudi regime and its de facto ruler Mohammed bin Salman. She claimed her brother had been repeatedly abused in custody and called on the UK government to properly investigate who controls the Saudi Public Investment Fund (PIF) that now owns 80% of Newcastle. She said the club would now be “complicit in partnering with a savage person who murders people and tortures them

Surely rather than attack the club
she'd be better off requesting it
help her?

Long way to go but there's 50k folk
potentially to help her if she went
down that route.

It's amazing what Newcastle fans
get up to in the rest of their
lives.
Report Whisperingdeath October 12, 2021 4:10 PM BST
Tru stattman,

I still cannot believe the World Cup was given to Qatar in the first place even less that it is still going ahead.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 12, 2021 4:14 PM BST
I can't believe it was given to Russia.
Report lovegod October 13, 2021 12:49 PM BST
Not sure either World cup was given, think they paid a fair bit for them.
Report mesmerised October 14, 2021 1:47 AM BST
the purpose of the thread which some didn't get was to draw attention to the preaching, condemnation and hypocrisy of journalists and opposition fans alike of Newcastle fans celebrating the takeover as if guilt should be the first port of call when practically everyone has enjoyed blood money, dirty money, dodgy money for years in many shapes and forms, but I haven't seen boycotts or castigation from fans when Bahrain is hosting F1 or Boxing when Joshua took on a fat Mexican Sumo or any Disney films Top level football alone has ownership, part ownership, sponsorships of many clubs across Europe not just the elite, from investors located in human rights hotspots, they even host super cups in Saudi for Italian and Spanish clubs. They'll probably even be a 39th game there one day.

it was one line in one article I read which said 'even Murderers are welcome if they're rich'...which is indeed, rich, what do you call nearly half a million dead civilians over the last 20 years in Afghan and Iraq etc, look closer to home imo, they don't try to avoid killing them, they're not aiming for them, but they know when they strike, they will kill them, tantamount to murder, but it's glossed over, Blair, Boris and Cameron profit with books and after dinner guest speeches raking in millions, met with rounds of seal clapping applause from sozzled middle class numpties called Beatrice and Rupert, and not a word said, amazing

kind regards.
Report geordie1956 October 14, 2021 10:48 AM BST
if everything was fair & moral standards were the norm then we'd have a fair distribution of wealth & poverty could be eliminated ... hypocricy rules when someone attempts to denegrate the toon buyout as though it is tainted by blood money. Of course the Saudis are corrupt & deserve condemnation ... give me a country or corporation for that matter who doesn't slavish praise on the virtue of money & wealth to the detriment of any sort of morality they might espouse
Report Corky October 14, 2021 4:11 PM BST
Take no notice, it's just jealousy. Most football fans would take money from Adolf Hitler to win a trophy.
Report Bish Bosher October 14, 2021 7:47 PM BST
I still find it funny that a wee club in the north east can cause so much anger Laugh
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 14, 2021 9:28 PM BST
We desperately need an NFL style wage cap and draft system to stop these monstrosities coming in thinking they can just spend their way to a clean reputation.

Added bonus of making the league a million times better.
Report Giuseppe October 14, 2021 9:32 PM BST
the parity in the NFL is great but i think there would be problems with a wage cap in europe

1 would have to europe wide

2 would have to world wide or everyone would just go to the middle east / china / mexico / brazil / mls
Report Giuseppe October 14, 2021 9:33 PM BST
personally something i owuld like to see is a reduction in the number of players all clubs can sign

i don;t like this business of man city etc, owning lots of talented kids and loaning them to smaller clubs tro develop them

let the samller clubs own them, develop them and sell them instead, don;t allow man city to won all these players
Report Giuseppe October 14, 2021 9:38 PM BST
man city, man utd etc have lots of young players / second string players who would light up league one, even the championship

in the past these players did play in lower leagues, now they are concentrated at bigger clubs

man utd third XI and fourth XI probbaly better than any championship team, this wasn't the case in the 1990s
Report Giuseppe October 14, 2021 9:39 PM BST
let the bigger clubs sign the big players and pay them what they want

but don;t allow them to have 40 top quality players who could be playing for smaller teams
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 14, 2021 10:00 PM BST
We desperately need an NFL style wage cap and draft system to stop these monstrosities coming in thinking they can just spend their way to a clean reputation.

Added bonus of making the league a million times better.

Indeed, but needs to be worldwide

That's the beauty of closed system
like NFL.

But then sign a young lad, and
give his dad a nice job, employ
mam, cousins, uncles.... Cap busted!
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 14, 2021 10:04 PM BST
I've had 50 years of rich clubs
coming along buying newcastles
best players, with about 2 years
where we tried to compete.

Would be great if every team
got the chance to compete on
level playing field.

The European super league shows
the rich clubs want to cement
their eliteness, not play fair.
Report Giuseppe October 14, 2021 10:09 PM BST
not sure how a draft system would work

100% of US football players all go to university, so is all very neat
Report Whisperingdeath October 15, 2021 7:52 PM BST
A Franchise system for football would suck. They do it their way we should continue to do it ours. It works and there will be casualties but so be it.
Report brain dead jockeys October 15, 2021 10:51 PM BST
joanathon woodgate says mbappe wouldnt fancy going to newcastle.........not so sure about that. get gazza on the phone to mbappe and do some persuading.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com