Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rommel
07 Sep 21 10:24
| Topic/replies: 30,316 | Blogger: rommel's blog
good thinking there Gareth,bigg humiliation every 2 years then you plank
Pause Switch to Standard View Gareth Southgate ‘open-minded’ on...
Show More
Report rommel September 7, 2021 10:25 AM BST
as if these players arent playing enough,2 domestic cups are like schools just out
Report rommel September 7, 2021 10:28 AM BST
Uefa has already voiced concerns over plans and plenty of coaches have demanded fewer, not more, matches on the international stage for players to deal with
Report rommel September 7, 2021 10:52 AM BST
its a further dilution of its meaning/worth/prestige,how many countries will go to quatar?
Report rommel September 7, 2021 10:54 AM BST
ok its only 32 teams,but a 48 team tournament was proposed
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 7, 2021 11:05 AM BST
We are spoilt in England with
EPL and a decent national team

Elsewhere, reaching a world cup
is pinnacle ambition, getting
out of group into knock outs
the unattainable goal.

Two chances every 4 years should
see more folk happy.
Report ericster September 7, 2021 11:14 AM BST
Too much football being played as it is.
Aren't they making enough money already? Angry
Report rommel September 7, 2021 12:21 PM BST

Sep 7, 2021 -- 5:05AM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

We are spoilt in England withEPL and a decent national teamElsewhere, reaching a world cupis pinnacle ambition, gettingout of group into knock outsthe unattainable goal.Two chances every 4 years shouldsee more folk happy.

a decent national team yhtl? weve been embarassed so many times over the years,our deficiences are glaring at most tournaments....

Report CLYDEBANK29 September 7, 2021 12:38 PM BST
It's a good idea for Africa, Asia, CONCACAF and New Zealand  Clearly not wanted in Europe.  Not sure about CONMEBOL
Report CLYDEBANK29 September 7, 2021 12:44 PM BST
It's an attack on UEFA and European football power in essence
Report rommel September 7, 2021 1:12 PM BST
CLYDE i dont see that,please expand
Report CLYDEBANK29 September 7, 2021 1:26 PM BST
Asia and Africa want more access to top level competition
Report CLYDEBANK29 September 7, 2021 1:37 PM BST
This might be a move by FIFA to muscle in on UEFA power and replace the UEFA Nations League and replace it with a Global Nations League imho, rather than a realistic bid to have the WC every 2 years
Report Giuseppe September 7, 2021 1:45 PM BST
why not every summer?
Report Giuseppe September 7, 2021 1:46 PM BST
"ok its only 32 teams,but a 48 team tournament was proposed "

the worldcup has been expanded to 48  teams

qatar will be the last verson with 32 teams

16 groups of 3 in the first round
Report Giuseppe September 7, 2021 1:47 PM BST
UEFA has no power in FIFA

it's one country one vote

Europe is only about a quarter of teh total
Report Giuseppe September 7, 2021 1:48 PM BST
"This might be a move by FIFA to muscle in on UEFA power"

by power do you mean "European TV money"
Report Giuseppe September 7, 2021 1:50 PM BST
FIFA wants to hold a hugely expanded world club championship too

24 teams, every four years
Report kincsem September 7, 2021 3:13 PM BST
A World Cup is played every two years will be a big yawn.
This is a move to kill the Euros and other competitions.

What next?
Wimbledon in May and September, the Derby every month, ten golf majors a year?
If you mix a pint of beer and a pint of water you get watered beer.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 7, 2021 3:23 PM BST
England are a top 10 team, and
have been for a while.

That's decent.

We are also spoilt with EPL as
our domestic fayre, which is in
top 5 domestic leagues.

You have to look at this from
the middle 100 countries point
of view too, not just british
blinkered views.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 7, 2021 3:24 PM BST
English blinkered...
Report rommel September 7, 2021 4:53 PM BST
had to guess i'd rate england mmmm maybe 14th,anywhere between 12th and 30th say, in 55years we havent punched at our weight,what our weight is is anybodys guess
Report Giuseppe September 7, 2021 4:57 PM BST
lightweight
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 7, 2021 4:57 PM BST
I think you might struggle to name 29 teams
that would start at odds on
if facing engerland in final
of Qatar World Cup.

We must be a top 10 team at the mo
Report impossible123 September 7, 2021 5:16 PM BST
How long will he remain in the job? He's never going to win us anything let alone the World Cup, is he? What's the point then? Appoint someone else that will give us a better and realistic chance of winning.

Southgate is a good manager,...at International level he's surely is not. I firmly believe he'll win us nothing.
Report rommel September 7, 2021 6:08 PM BST
any evidence that he's a good manager?
Report themightymac September 7, 2021 6:16 PM BST
And what is the reason to hold it every two years?

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY! THE RUINATION OF THE GAME.
Report rommel September 7, 2021 6:28 PM BST
Southgate is a good manager,...at International level he's surely is not. I firmly believe he'll win us nothing.....doesnt make sense,you think int footabll is a differnt game then?square ball?7 a side?what?
Report CLYDEBANK29 September 7, 2021 6:28 PM BST
He was a penalty shoot out away from winning something.  I think he's too negative personally given the players at his disposal, but what he does have that previous managers didn't is excellent player support.  As a man manager of England players, and in dealing with the media, he does a fabulous job.
Report rommel September 7, 2021 6:30 PM BST
love to know wtf man management is,just get the 11 on the pitch playing well thats all
Report CLYDEBANK29 September 7, 2021 6:34 PM BST
Money is not the ruination of the game. It's paid for fabulous facilities and trickles down in all corners of the globe.  The problem is the people running it are greedy and want to cream off fat percentages for themselves.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 7, 2021 6:35 PM BST
Getting man utd, chelsea, liverpool
Man city, Tottenham, arsenal
Players to give all for each other
Seems to have been a failing of
Engerland managers,...

Southgate seems quite good at it.

Maybe he can be a little more
attacking, without opening
up at the back..... And roll the dice.

4 years or 2 years...
Report Giuseppe September 7, 2021 6:51 PM BST
Grealish: most expensive English player ever

Southgate couldn't find a place for him in the team

game against Hungary was only his second ever start in a competitive game (think he may have started a nations league game too)
Report Giuseppe September 7, 2021 6:54 PM BST
Southgate picked Mount, Saka, Foden and Sancho ahead of Grealish

probbaly only picking him because it would be awkward not to after the Man City transfser
Report Giuseppe September 7, 2021 6:54 PM BST
probbaly only picking him now
Report rommel September 7, 2021 6:59 PM BST

Sep 7, 2021 -- 12:34PM, CLYDEBANK29 wrote:

Money is not the ruination of the game. It's paid for fabulous facilities and trickles down in all corners of the globe.

Report rommel September 7, 2021 7:00 PM BST
trickles down in all corners of the globe,laughable that
Report Giuseppe September 7, 2021 7:02 PM BST
England are a decent side if Sterling and Grealish start

those two would get into almost any international team

rest of England team is 6/10
Report CLYDEBANK29 September 7, 2021 7:02 PM BST
rommel like you know feck all.  Tbh we both know feck all, but I suspect I know a little bit more than you.
Report rommel September 7, 2021 7:37 PM BST
why id i trickling down to villages in africa?east russia northern canada borneo,think about what yore fff saying
Report rommel September 7, 2021 7:38 PM BST
why is*
Report rommel September 7, 2021 7:39 PM BST
is it trickling down in scotland,doesnt fff appear so,rish game is regressing
Report rommel September 7, 2021 7:39 PM BST
irish*
Report CLYDEBANK29 September 7, 2021 7:59 PM BST
FIFA funds projects in poor countries in Africa and Oceania.  They'll help fund some of the very poor countries to allow them to compete.  To what extent I don't know, but what I do know for sure is that you don't have a clue.  FIFA works on a one country one vote basis, and the reason that Sepp Blatter and his cronies were so popular is because they got cash handouts for football infrastructure and probably a personal backhander too. Other than that, I think I'll defer to Bertrand Russell on this one.
Report rommel September 7, 2021 8:04 PM BST
they might do a lot of things in a lot of countries granted,the  real meat stays with the big clubs.big leagues
Report hello :-) September 7, 2021 11:08 PM BST
no chance

can you imagine the amount of international breaks ffs
Report lurka September 7, 2021 11:41 PM BST
Money has ruined the game. Look at all the top euro leagues. It barely trickles down in England let alone the world.

Sick of these mugs telling us what we all want. Have the WC and euros every 4 years. Have the qualifiers in a block at the end of the other 2 years and stop disrupting the real football that people actually want to watch. You'd get better quality international football if teams are in a camp for qualifiers like they are in finals and managers could work with them for longer than 3 days. Players need proper breaks too.

I always felt that the Nations League was just UEFA wanting to fill up space in the calendar before FIFA did. Looks like that was right. 2 díckhead organisations fighting for the right to give us something fans don't want.
Report rothko September 8, 2021 10:50 AM BST
what an aweful idea just dilutes it and weakens the EPL and other domestic leagues which is what the majority are interested in

more boring qualifiers malta v andorra and so on Cry
Report CLYDEBANK29 September 8, 2021 12:30 PM BST
Since the Football Foundation’s formation in 2000, the Premier League has invested £302m and the FA £299m.  50 years ago women's football was banned.  Participation in it has doubled in 4 yeara.  Ruined the game my arse. I think they should invest more and I think they likely will.  To my understanding Man City have done a huge amount for their local community

I agree that the wages payed to top footballers is vulgar and excessive.  But the reality is if you want a top product that is streamed across the world, boosts the country's profile and tourism (before COVID) and encourages people to play football, it's the price that has to be paid in a global market place.  I prefer the competitive nature of football in the 80s in the UK and Europe before the Bosman Ruling and huge TV deals, where the likes of Forest Verona Hamburg and Sociedad could win the league, but the quality of the football is much better, the stadiums are much better, racism and foul language is on the decline, the violence has largely disappeared and women are playing too. 

We all know FIFA was corrupt to it's core.  When it changed leadership to Havelange in 1974 so began a culture of Latin American corruption and bribery.  FIFA's investment budget for 2022 is $714m.  A percentage of that will be siphoned off to middlemen I suspect, but that's how most countries in the Third World operate.  Trying to get things done without greasing palms is very difficult.  It's why the government uses middlemen/businessmen for PPE acquirement and such like.  I don't know how that compares to the 70s and 80s, but I suspect it's a hell of a lot more.  They've also committed $1bn to promote and build the women's game over the next 4 years.  Perhaps we should go back to the 60s or earlier when the World Cup was piss poor compared to nowadays.  North Korea were effectively the only Asian entry. Africa wasn't much difference.  Now it's a global game.
Report HallGreenSpy September 8, 2021 12:56 PM BST
Not needed. WC and Euros every 2 years more than enough with qualifiers for both in years between.
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 2:12 PM BST
who is spending £1bn on women's football? FIFA?
Report CLYDEBANK29 September 8, 2021 2:47 PM BST
"FIFA will continue to adhere to its commitment to invest a total of USD 1 billion in the women’s game over a four-year period, of which USD 500 million will be funded from FIFA’s excess reserves."
Report Giuseppe September 8, 2021 2:50 PM BST
some of that 1bn must  be being spent in Europe?

I wonder how the African countries feel about that?

this must affect the amount FIFA has to give to them
Report SontaranStratagem September 8, 2021 6:19 PM BST
Where is all this money coming from all of a sudden? all this money but we've got starving children and they can't use it for that?

A World Cup every two years, spunking a billion without thought... but we can't house Africa ffs

Its disgusting
Report brain dead jockeys September 8, 2021 6:34 PM BST
too much football now, never mind a world cup every 2 years
Report EastLower Gooner September 9, 2021 8:18 AM BST
To be fair…the guy that thought this up couldn’t even zip his film coat up!

-

Anyways they should make the World Cup like the FA Cup.

Qualifying rounds for the lesser teams to make the 1st round of 128 teams.

Then straight knock outs against anyone.

No draw splits or brackets…and ol sckool fa cup rules with replays!

So England could draw Italy at home in the 1st round but get North Korea away away in the next round and then DR Congo away in the next and then something like Sweden at Wembley in the next…

This is a proper World Cup imo
Report CLYDEBANK29 September 12, 2021 3:37 PM BST
Found out it's Ladscoral going 2/1 Scotland to qualify.  4/6 incompetent/lazy 6/5 shameful
Report mecca September 13, 2021 2:53 AM BST
We have always had a good League.... a lot of other countries have diabolical leagues.

A lot of countries would love a WC every 2 years... It's the only time that they get excited by football.

One country, one vote... so in effect, we have the same say as Zimbabwe. We wouldn't want it, neither would Germany, Spain, etc,  but an awful lot of countries would want it
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com