Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
n88uk
06 Aug 21 22:22
| Topic/replies: 188,361 | Blogger: n88uk's blog
PSG were like 10s outright a week ago, and now low 4.x favs. Messi hasn't even signed yet, seems absolute madness to me.

What price City going to be if Kane signs?

Bayern's price gets juicier and juicier, already out to 7.6.
Pause Switch to Standard View UEFA Champions League 2021/22 Outright
Show More
Report Giuseppe August 6, 2021 10:29 PM BST
did you just compare kane to messi?
Report Giuseppe August 6, 2021 10:29 PM BST
city will probably drift if they sign kane
Report tobermory August 6, 2021 10:46 PM BST
The CL market actually was voided a few days ago for some reason and this is a new one.

I think Messi will stay at Barca. Don't see them as a factor in this though.

Bayern seem reasonable at 7/1 ish. Chelsea seem a good price at 11/1 or so, they actually were the best team in it last season. Well they played better than anyone else I thought. Never really in danger. Should be same level this time.
Report The Dragon August 8, 2021 10:35 AM BST
liverpool will be stronger this year and they seem to have the knack of winning this comp 9/1 looks a better bet than chelsea at 10
Report Flemenstar August 8, 2021 1:44 PM BST
Chelsea had a very soft QF/SF last year

hard to see past PSG now, such a strong spine of the team

Atalanta and Leipzig look fair each way prices again
Report lurka August 8, 2021 2:10 PM BST
PSG had a soft QF/SF the year before and still haven't played well under this manager. Early days but doesn't look like much has changed so far this season.

Still don't think Messi will leave either and if he goes he it is likely to upset Mbappe and maybe Neymar too.
Report brentford August 8, 2021 3:14 PM BST
would be interesting to see the work rate of those three if all in the same side Shocked  and talented bunch as they are you can't actually afford to have three players leaving it to others...

Poch' is surely not the best fit for this type of job despite his managerial talents
Report Angoose August 8, 2021 3:20 PM BST
Planning their CL campaign on their summer holidays ......

Report n88uk August 10, 2021 9:46 PM BST
Confirmed now, and PSG in to 4s to win.

PSG and Man City both look avoid at their current prices, the value has to be further down the market.
Report n88uk August 10, 2021 9:49 PM BST
Bayern 9.2 is a big, big price imo.
Report n88uk August 10, 2021 9:53 PM BST
What is the thinking further down the market where eg. Real Madrid and Barcelona are the same price, but Real Madrid are much more favoured in La Liga.

24s for the favs from La Liga must be the longest for La Liga pretty much ever.
Report tobermory August 10, 2021 10:03 PM BST
Yes. Wouldn't put anyone off backing them @24.

Would rather do that than United @18
Report n88uk August 11, 2021 12:04 AM BST
Barcelona actually shorter than Real Madrid now. Not really sure why, they have an awful team imo. Mostly an ageing or injury prone squad. Pedri is their future, but whether they can even hang on to him anymore is another question. Real Madrid have at least gone about squad building for the future better with promising youngsters.

The thing with PSG and Man City is it's hard for them to go much shorter if they go on a tear early in the season, the market normally likes to love a team through the group stages, norm Pep's team when they are hammering teams left and right, but there's not much scope to go much shorter. Much more scope for Bayern to do so if they start in typically strong fashion.

PSG are bound to hammer someone in the group stages with all their firepower, but I'm far from convinced they will be significantly better when it matters. There's still a lack of work rate and players to actually win the ball back in that team. You aren't going to get away vs anyone good with 3 passengers in the game so at least somebody (if not 2 of) Messi, Neymar, and Mbappe are going to have to put in the hard yards, and in recent times it's often looked like none of them are willing.
Report tobermory August 11, 2021 2:05 AM BST
Yeah, it's hard to see why City or PSG would be shorter than 3.7 at the QF stage (unless one of them is already out).

The group stages will hardly move the odds much as you get no real advantage from winning 6/6.

I've said before the teams should be seeded 1-16 based on group performance, no 2 legged ties, home advantage to the high seed. Would not see anyone resting players in weeks 5 and 6 then.
Report Angoose August 11, 2021 10:51 AM BST
Lionel Messi said he dreams of winning the Champions League once more after joining Paris St-Germain, adding: "I think we have the team to do it here."

What are the chances that he just fulfilled a contractual commitment with that comment Laugh
Report Rider August 11, 2021 12:14 PM BST
he may be looking at what his team mates have won, if they all put their medals on the table it would be quite a collection
Report lurka August 11, 2021 1:27 PM BST
I would say Messi is willing not able, the other 2 are able not willing
Report SirNorbertClarke August 11, 2021 4:32 PM BST
PSG will struggle to beat the top top European sides with Messi, Neymar and Mbappé not tracking back.
Report n88uk September 29, 2021 11:22 PM BST
Bayern nearly favs now.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com