Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brassneck
02 Aug 21 12:27
| Topic/replies: 17,991 | Blogger: brassneck's blog
Failed to turn up for training this morning,now i wonder if he is not going to play for Spurs this season?Confused
Spurs club have "NO COMMENT" to make.Shocked
Pause Switch to Standard View Harry is missing?
Show More
Report JRAS August 3, 2021 1:41 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVPSBPYeLBI&ab_channel=albertadancer

Don't Bring Harry - The Stranglers
Report eyeball August 3, 2021 3:30 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdVFzdRZF0Q&ab_channel=MadFranko008

Sham 69 - Hurry up Harry
Report Emitdeb August 3, 2021 4:57 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctAf6Xsy9j4&ab_channel=ayubldn

This one's a killer... Someone asks in the comments "is it possible to die of embarrassment for somebody else"?  Blush
Report Whisperingdeath August 3, 2021 5:27 PM BST
They are all mercenaries nowadays. No loyalty or honour anymore. If they don`t want to play for the jersey, get rid of them quickly.

A bit harsh! He has given everything for a nothing club. I don't fancy his chances in court though. A Gentleman's Agreement with Levy? Laughed out of court!
Report Whisperingdeath August 3, 2021 5:28 PM BST
and a verbal contract is not worth the paper it is written on specially if the other party is not a gentleman!
Report Aspro August 3, 2021 5:41 PM BST
Nobody but Levy and Kane know the verbal agreement. Perhaps Levy said he can go if offered £160m? Either way, Kane is now unsettled and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go now, but not until after the City game.
Report Angoose August 3, 2021 5:48 PM BST
And even then there will be different recollections of what was and wasn't said.
Meanwhile, Harry was spotted today leaving Globe House having renewed his passport .......
Report Wesdag August 3, 2021 7:06 PM BST

Aug 2, 2021 -- 11:03AM, sofaking wrote:

Kane is still under contract and Spurs are still paying his astronomical wages.

Report Wesdag August 3, 2021 7:07 PM BST
Laugh

You really believe he's bothered about what Spurs fans think?
Report deliris August 3, 2021 7:31 PM BST
what wages is he on at spurs? 100k
Report sofaking August 3, 2021 7:55 PM BST

Aug 3, 2021 -- 1:31PM, deliris wrote:

what wages is he on at spurs? 100k

250k.

Report Wesdag August 3, 2021 8:24 PM BST
He will destroy his legacy at Spurs if he goes on strike.

That's what I was referring to - he wouldn't give a monkey's about what Spurs fans think.
Report deliris August 3, 2021 8:39 PM BST
on a flat line wage surely hes not on 250k. thats crazy money for levy to pay. maybe 150k and add ons etc . i try look into it
Report rommel August 3, 2021 8:39 PM BST
arry redknapp on r5 talkign about arry,fo redknapp you fff tool
Report deliris August 3, 2021 8:42 PM BST
supposedly its more like 200k and Son on 190k a week. thats huge for spurs if true . if kane goes to man city its definetly 350k plus
Report tobermory August 3, 2021 8:42 PM BST
Kane is on 200k a week guaranteed with bonuses on top
Report deliris August 3, 2021 8:45 PM BST
thats a lot of dough at spurs , seems daniel levy aint so tight lol
Report tobermory August 3, 2021 8:54 PM BST
'gentleman's agreement' is laughable.

If Levy really said you can leave if this or that does or doesn't happen, or you can leave if a club pays X amount, then Kane - or his agent - has to put that in writing in the contract.

It's just a dumb move for a top class player to sign a 6 year deal.
Report rommel August 3, 2021 8:58 PM BST
whats got me about the spurs thing the last10 years or wahtever,the noises out the club and in the general swirl of things was that spurs couldnt pay decent wages cos of the fff stadium,well fff the stadium,youre a player only there for a few years nothing to do with your short career
Report deliris August 3, 2021 9:16 PM BST
bottom line is kane is a fool for signing a long contract but hes not a fool for getting paid well lol
Report brassneck August 3, 2021 10:26 PM BST
Harry gets paid more in week than most of us on betfair win in profits for a full year.
Its time to take up playing football.Grin
Report Emitdeb August 3, 2021 10:40 PM BST
I can imagine Jose asking Harry, "Why stay here Harry, You'll never meet your potential here".. Which would have hurried Jose's exit... Just my theory...
Report sofaking August 4, 2021 2:44 AM BST

Aug 3, 2021 -- 4:26PM, brassneck wrote:

Harry gets paid more in week than most of us on betfair win in profits for a full year.Its time to take up playing football.

I'd say the average punter here makes no more than 100k profit per year. Crazy

Report Johnny_Mustang August 4, 2021 9:02 AM BST
Typical Spurs player with no class or grace. It has always been thus. No matter.

And why should anybody be surprised by this? He goes missing more often than not on the pitch, why should it be any different off of it?
Report sparrow August 4, 2021 11:20 AM BST
Grin
Report Whisperingdeath August 4, 2021 11:22 AM BST
Can't believe Citeh have upped their offer unless they don't really plan to pay it and just want to unsettle Kane and teach Levy a lesson!
Report Aspro August 4, 2021 11:31 AM BST
Upped it to what?
Report Aspro August 4, 2021 11:35 AM BST
They apparently offered £100m but Levy wanted £160m. I'm now reading he'll accept £150m so if City have increased their bid then we're getting close to this being resolved.
Report Whisperingdeath August 4, 2021 11:53 AM BST
I thought I heard £130m on the radio late last night. Great player that he is for me he is 28 and has ankle problems which will not get better. I would say this is making things better for United and Haaland. This will be great for the league particularly if Chelski do get Lukaku back.
Report Aspro August 4, 2021 11:55 AM BST
Just read that Utd are after Trippier now Shocked
Report Aspro August 4, 2021 11:55 AM BST
£130m just has to be taken
Report Whisperingdeath August 4, 2021 12:07 PM BST
Yes they have been after him for a couple of months at least. Madrid do not want to sell but he wants to go I think.
Report Whisperingdeath August 4, 2021 12:08 PM BST
Levy will want more. I hope the deal falls flat.
Report Angoose August 4, 2021 2:42 PM BST
Manchester City are closing in on the £100m signing of Aston Villa skipper Jack Grealish.

A deal could be concluded in time for the England midfielder to play in the Community Shield against Leicester City on Saturday.
Report Angoose August 4, 2021 2:52 PM BST
Harry Redknapp says Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy doesn't "do emotions" and "will not budge" over his valuation of striker Harry Kane.

Kane, 28, failed to attend training for a second day on Tuesday as he looks to secure a move away from Spurs.

"You're dealing with a very cold, calculated man when it comes to business," Redknapp told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"Daniel doesn't do emotions. He doesn't do feelings. I know what he's like."

"Unless [Kane] has got a clause and an offer of £120m which says he can go, then whatever, fine; he's got an argument with Daniel," he said.

"But what Daniel is going to be saying is, 'yeah, I said you could go but it's the valuation - and they're not meeting it, so you're not going'.

"It's a difficult one. I love Harry Kane - what a professional, what a guy. But I just think he's in a very difficult position here because he's with a man who just won't give in.

"You either meet the deal or you don't get the player - that is that, I promise you. That isn't going to change. He [Levy] won't budge."
Report Emitdeb August 4, 2021 5:03 PM BST
Sounds about right (re: Levy) Totally agree with him here...
Report Emitdeb August 4, 2021 6:48 PM BST
Danny Ings has just signed for Villa... Hmmmm... Sad
Report sofaking August 4, 2021 8:05 PM BST

Aug 4, 2021 -- 12:48PM, Emitdeb wrote:

Danny Ings has just signed for Villa... Hmmmm...

Weird sideways move for him. He must've been offered a significant increase in wages.

Report Crisp77 August 4, 2021 8:27 PM BST
Harry Kane going to have a long face if he doesn’t get his move.
Report brassneck August 4, 2021 10:45 PM BST
Harry was on holidays in Bermuda last week,perhaps he is isolating and the media are just waffling to sell newspapers.?????????????????????????????????????????????????
Report Capt__F August 4, 2021 10:53 PM BST
the triangle
Report Crisp77 August 4, 2021 10:55 PM BST
Are you sure it was him? Lots of Harry Kane’s hit Bermuda this time of the year. Plain
Report Capt__F August 4, 2021 10:56 PM BST
V good Cool
Report sofaking August 5, 2021 3:11 AM BST
Ha, Crisp with the puns. Grin
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 3:14 AM BST
yes looks like yet another victim of the infamous bermuda triangle, captain
Report Aspro August 5, 2021 4:48 PM BST
Local gossip still think Harry's move will go ahead. Also heard that if still at Spurs he will not be starting against City.
Report Angoose August 5, 2021 5:02 PM BST
Who is he taking advice from, difficult to believe that he is acting alone.
Report sofaking August 5, 2021 5:04 PM BST

Aug 5, 2021 -- 11:02AM, Angoose wrote:

Who is he taking advice from, difficult to believe that he is acting alone.

His brother Charlie. Whoops

Report sofaking August 5, 2021 5:05 PM BST
I want him gone by end of day tomorrow. Sort it out Levy. Happy
Report Angoose August 5, 2021 5:10 PM BST
He was offered to Celtic as part of the Joe Hart deal but they didn't think he'd hack it up north Laugh
Report sofaking August 5, 2021 5:12 PM BST
he would score 75+ goals per season in the SPL. Crazy
Report Angoose August 5, 2021 5:13 PM BST
And how many we he get after the winter break Laugh
Report Aspro August 5, 2021 5:15 PM BST
I reckon £140m would sway it, but will City pay that?
Report sofaking August 5, 2021 5:36 PM BST

Aug 5, 2021 -- 11:15AM, Aspro wrote:

I reckon £140m would sway it, but will City pay that?

Do you want him gone asap, Aspro?  I'd say they'll eventually pay 120-130m.

Report Aspro August 5, 2021 5:38 PM BST
Yes I do sofa and I'd be happy if Levy took 120m
Report Angoose August 5, 2021 5:49 PM BST
Just heard that Gareth Bale is acting as Harry's adviser, also helping him with his putting Excited
Report HallGreenSpy August 5, 2021 6:40 PM BST
Are you sure it was him? Lots of Harry Kane’s hit Bermuda this time of the year. LaughLaugh
Report Whippin Piccadilly August 5, 2021 7:17 PM BST
Messi to City.....Kane transfer would be off if this happens
Report sofaking August 5, 2021 8:34 PM BST
Kane to City, Messi to Spurs.  Messi has regularly stated in the pasted that he'd love to play for Nuno.
Report Whippin Piccadilly August 5, 2021 8:47 PM BST
Could Spurs afford his wages, Sofa? Looks like PSG would be fav and then City.
Report sofaking August 5, 2021 8:56 PM BST

Aug 5, 2021 -- 2:47PM, Whippin Piccadilly wrote:

Could Spurs afford his wages, Sofa? Looks like PSG would be fav and then City.

I was clearly being facetious. Silly  Anyway, I think Messi will end up staying at Barca.

Report rommel August 5, 2021 10:43 PM BST
think that statement from barca means he's going
Report Whippin Piccadilly August 5, 2021 11:03 PM BST
Hard to know with you Sofa....Grin
Report brassneck August 6, 2021 1:22 PM BST
Harry has such a deep voice that he could be a DJ on late night radio and command £250,000 per week.
"and this song is for Angela in Blackpool"(in a deep baritone voice) who has asked me to play Blue Moon.Laugh
Report 11kv August 6, 2021 4:15 PM BST
Has he fooked off yet ?
Report badjoe August 6, 2021 5:41 PM BST
Harry returns to training tomorrow, as planned..Blush

Report badjoe August 6, 2021 5:44 PM BST
Harry:

“It’s almost ten years since I made my Spurs debut. For every one of those years, you - the fans - have shown me total support and love.“That’s why it hurts to read some of the comments that have been made this week, questioning my professionalism."

“While I won’t go into the specifics of the situation, I want to clarify that I would never, and have never, refused to train. I will be returning to the club tomorrow, as planned.“I wouldn’t do anything to jeopardise the relationship I have with the fans who have given me such unwavering support during my time with the club."
Report Wesdag August 6, 2021 6:04 PM BST
Why didn't he say all this on Monday?

Confused
Report Whippin Piccadilly August 6, 2021 6:23 PM BST
What, the guy can't have a Holiday?
Report badjoe August 6, 2021 6:31 PM BST

Aug 6, 2021 -- 12:23PM, Whippin Piccadilly wrote:

What, the guy can't have a Holiday?

Course he is, the point being, when the press started reporting that Harry hadn't turned up for training on Monday, the club did not state he wasn't due back till Saturday nor did Harry, why not? It would of put the story to bed if they had.

Report Whippin Piccadilly August 6, 2021 6:40 PM BST
I'm sure the creepy Chairman wouldn't lie about the date he was due back in. Or about an agreement he could leave the club if they didn't qualify for the CL.
Report brentford August 6, 2021 9:57 PM BST
incredible to me that any true Spurs fans seriously have an issue with Kane, has shown far more loyalty than 99% would have...

could have serious prob going forward though...made the mistake of making a verbal agreement with Levy of all people...
Report Emitdeb August 6, 2021 10:17 PM BST
Cant seal a deal worth 30-40 Million on a hand shake or a wink especially if it's someone else's money... imo.
Report brentford August 6, 2021 10:19 PM BST
you can't Emitdeb - totally agree but a few Spurs players will be taking note of how this all works...
Report Emitdeb August 6, 2021 10:52 PM BST
Dont be a frigging Idiot... Duly noted... Grin
Report brentford August 6, 2021 10:55 PM BST
quite Laugh
Report unitedbiscuits August 7, 2021 1:58 PM BST
Harry:

“It’s almost ten years since I made my Spurs debut. For every one of those years, you - the fans - have shown me total support and love.“That’s why it hurts to read some of the comments that have been made this week, questioning my professionalism."

“While I won’t go into the specifics of the situation, I want to clarify that I would never, and have never, asked for a transfer. As I am counting on receiving £13 million as my share of the transfer. Therefore, I will be returning to the club tomorrow, as planned"
Report Emitdeb August 7, 2021 3:20 PM BST
He didnt really say the bit about £13 million did he.. ? Laugh
Report 11kv August 13, 2021 7:02 PM BST
Any news ????
Report lurka August 13, 2021 7:18 PM BST
City just unsettling him for he first game then will bintheir interest
Report Capt__F August 13, 2021 11:56 PM BST
be funny
Report Crisp77 August 14, 2021 11:49 AM BST
Now City have free kick Grealish they should save their money and buy Kiefer Moore
Report 11kv August 15, 2021 5:55 PM BST
Have City saved a seat on the bus from White Hart Lane to Stanstead for H so he can sort the medical 1st thing Monday............
Report 11kv August 17, 2021 6:33 AM BST
Got a squad no
Report Angoose August 17, 2021 8:26 AM BST
Tottenham's England striker Harry Kane, 28, is hoping Manchester City will make a fresh British-record bid to sign him this week. (Telegraph)

Manchester City are determined to push ahead with efforts to sign Kane from Tottenham, despite Spurs repeatedly saying they are not willing to sell the 28-year-old. (ESPN)

But City are set to end their interest in Kane if Tottenham are unwilling to agree a deal this summer. (Mail)

Meanwhile, Tottenham players are set to support Kane as he continues to look for a way out of the club. (Mirror)

Perhaps Harry should host a press conference to discuss these rumours Excited
Report SirNorbertClarke August 17, 2021 9:42 AM BST
As per usual the press haven't a ****ing clue what is going on.
Report Whippin Piccadilly August 17, 2021 11:36 PM BST
Harry Kane has thrown down the gauntlet to Daniel Levy to make good on an understanding that he could leave Tottenham Hotspur if the club failed to win a trophy or finished outside the top four last season.

It can be revealed by Telegraph Sport that just two weeks out from the end of the transfer window Kane feels that
Levy has not honoured a specific meeting at the end of the 2019/20 season where Kane was promised he could leave if Spurs underachieved the next season
Kane felt Levy signed off on his extra week of holiday only for a club miscommunication leading to fans turning against him

It is believed City have already made a £125m bid, but Levy is refusing to sell and is no longer accepting calls
Sources close to the England captain have told Telegraph Sport that a frustrated Kane believes the Tottenham chairman has reneged on the promise or so-called ‘gentleman’s agreement’ he made in a meeting before the start of last season.

The striker believes he should be allowed to join Manchester City, wants to leave on good terms with his relationship with the fans being extremely important to him and has reiterated all of this in subsequent meetings with Levy. Kane feels that the board has failed to match his ambition and should negotiate.

It is also understood that City’s bid for Kane already amounts to £125million in total – not the £100million that has been previously reported - but that Levy has become so entrenched that he is now refusing to even discuss what would be a British record transfer. Spurs have insisted Kane is not for sale but the two clubs are understood to have been in dialogue for over a year about the move, with Kane aware of what was happening, but much to City’s frustration there are currently no talks and no indication Levy will change his mind.

City sources have indicated the club is expected to make “one final push” to sign Kane before the transfer window closes on August 31. Sources also say that Kane’s intention is not to make one last effort to go but rather to want the full situation to be explained out of respect for the fans.

Despite being named in the original 25-man squad Kane is not expected to travel to Portugal for Spurs’ Europa Conference League play-off against Pacos de Ferreira but that is more to do with his fitness after returning late for training - and the player is also frustrated at how that episode has been portrayed believing he had been given an extended holiday by the club who should have clarified that publically.

If Kane does not secure his move to City he will obviously make himself available for selection, as he already has done, remain professional and continue to perform for Spurs as best he can, irrespective of the situation with the chairman. But he also wants the club’s fans to understand why he feels the time has come to finally leave in search of silverware and certainly not for more money. Kane has been consistent in interviews over the past couple of years as to how much it means to him to win trophies at this stage of his career.

Kane believes Daniel Levy reneged on a “gentlemen’s agreement” made before the start of last season

Kane’s frustration largely appears to hinge on a meeting last year. The 28-year-old accepts that he has three years left on his contract but, according to sources close to him, he was told by Levy that Spurs would go all out to win a trophy and achieve a Champions League spot.

Kane’s understanding from the meeting was that if that did not happen – Spurs subsequently finished seventh in the Premier League in a disappointing campaign and lost the League Cup Final - he would be allowed to leave. Kane finished the season with his third Golden Boot as the Premier League’s top-scorer and was also the leading assist-maker.

It is why Kane also then felt empowered to conduct a Sky Sports interview with former England coach Gary Neville in which, in a measured discussion, he effectively confirmed he would like to leave Spurs and wanted a “good, honest conversation with the chairman” about his future and what he could be sold for. Kane maintains that a sale, for what would beat the £100 million that City paid for Jack Grealish, would be good for Spurs as well as for him.

It was also made clear that Kane wanted his future sorted out before leading England at the European Championships and, given his belief there was a gentleman’s agreement, he fully expected that to happen.

The greatest disappointment for Kane is that he hoped if a deal could be struck then he would be able leave Spurs with the blessing of the club and the fans but that has clearly not yet happened.

Kane was left out of Sunday’s opening league match – ironically at home to City – and was not at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium after being told he did not need to be with the squad. He watched the game on television and heard the fans chanting “Are you watching Harry Kane?” towards the end of the unexpected victory.

According to sources Kane fully accepts the reaction but also hopes that the fans will understand his position particularly after all the successful years of service he has given to the club, where he came through the academy, and the way he has conducted himself. Wanting to leave is not a slight to the supporters or club but a sign of his ambition.

It partly explains Kane’s statement on his Instagram account when he felt his “professionalism” was being questioned and he was letting the fans down when he apparently returned to training a week late and then had to undergo a period of self-isolation. “While I won’t go into the specifics of the situation, I want to clarify that I would never, and have never, refused to train. I will be returning to the club tomorrow, as planned”, he wrote on August 6.

Kane believes he was offered an extended break by Levy but that there was a breakdown in communication and this was not relayed by the club’s football department or head coach Nuno Espirito Santo. Kane had already booked a week’s break in Florida and was on his way from the Bahamas when it transpired he was expected back sooner with the player eventually arranging to return via Paris to get back as best he could.

According to sources, Kane felt he was given contradictory instructions and hoped the club would clarify the mix-up and sources suggest he has been left disappointed by the failure to do so which has fuelled the anger of some fans who believe he has let them down.

Kane does not intend to submit a transfer request, even in a late attempt to try and force the move, because it is clear what his position is and what he wants to happen and he has even already said this publically. Neither will he try and force the move and will fully accept the situation if he has to stay and continue his career at Spurs even if he still harbours hopes of leaving for City in the next few days if Levy is willing to re-open talks.
Report Giuseppe August 18, 2021 1:08 AM BST
lol Mbappe, Messi and Ronaldo all on the market this summer and City wanted Grealish and Kane
Report SirNorbertClarke August 18, 2021 9:05 AM BST
I just don't understand this verbal agreement.  Why not put it in the contract as a buy out clause? Why not shake hands on it as a gentleman's agreement.

As Bernie Ecclestone once said, if he signs a contract he can hire a lawyer to get himself out of it, if he shakes on a deal then he can't get out of it.
Report SirNorbertClarke August 18, 2021 9:20 AM BST
Just read Whippin Piccadilly's post. It's now been upgraded from a verbal agreement to a gentleman's agreement.

Don't understand this miscommunication about Kane's holiday. In the era of emails and WhatsApp it's never been easier to communicate. On the day the press were reporting he was AWOL from training why didn't his agent set the record straight with a statement via the media or Kane's own twitter or insta account?
Report Giuseppe August 18, 2021 1:26 PM BST
what's the difference between a gentleman's agreement and a verbal agreement?
Report Angoose August 18, 2021 1:28 PM BST
Harry Kane is not part of the Tottenham squad travelling to Portugal for the first leg of their Europa Conference League qualifier against Pacos de Ferreira, according to The Athletic.

Kane did not feature in Spurs' Premier League win over Manchester City on Sunday amid rumours linking him with a move to the champions.

The 28-year-old was named in Tottenham's 25-man squad for the Pacos tie, but that was for both legs.

Kane hopes to be fit for Spurs' trip to Wolves on Sunday as Tottenham boss Nuno Espirito Santo faces his old club for the first time.
Report Giuseppe August 18, 2021 1:38 PM BST
could he be cup tied in europe if he plays in the second leg?

how does that work these days?
Report Angoose August 18, 2021 1:42 PM BST
Citeh are in a slightly higher grade of European competition.
Report Angoose August 18, 2021 1:43 PM BST
And didn't they change the rules recently to lubricate the wheels of the January transfer window.
Sure it was changed and they used some old baloney about the knockout phase being a separate competition from the group phase.
Report Angoose August 18, 2021 1:44 PM BST
On 27 March 2018, UEFA announced that it would phase out the cup-tied rule for the Champions League and Europa League, starting in the 2018–2019 season.
Report Giuseppe August 18, 2021 2:22 PM BST
yeah wasn't sure, think even europa league would rule you out of champions league in the past
Report Angoose August 18, 2021 2:40 PM BST
The official UEFA Champions League regulations
45.01 As of the round of 16, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 3 February 2020 (24:00 CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

45.02 Any or all of the players from the above quota of three may have been fielded for another club in the qualifying phase, play-offs or group stage of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League.

The official UEFA Europa League regulations
43.01 As of the round of 32, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 3 February 2020 (24:00 CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

43.02 Any or all of the players from the above quota of three may have been fielded for another club in the qualifying phase, play-offs or group stage of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League.
Report Giuseppe August 18, 2021 2:52 PM BST
i think the key question is, if you play in the qualifying rounds for one team, can you play in the group stage for another team?
Report Angoose August 18, 2021 2:58 PM BST
No, you can't.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com