Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brassneck
02 Aug 21 12:27
| Topic/replies: 17,991 | Blogger: brassneck's blog
Failed to turn up for training this morning,now i wonder if he is not going to play for Spurs this season?Confused
Spurs club have "NO COMMENT" to make.Shocked

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 118
By:
duffy
When: 02 Aug 21 12:50
Can see Grealish on the verge of joining City and can see his own dream move slipping away.

I wonder if he has been advised to start playing up to try and force a move or if it's all his own doing.

I must admit that the thought of playing a season under Nuno who is basically a Mourinho clone minus the trophies must be horrific.
By:
Aspro
When: 02 Aug 21 13:17
Negotiate £120m (he ain't getting £160m) and let him go. Levy has to stop playing games.
By:
howard
When: 02 Aug 21 13:17
Got to be tough with Levy.
By:
Whippin Piccadilly
When: 02 Aug 21 15:38
The guy doesn't have time for yet another "rebuild" and another season trying to get 4th spot.
By:
sofaking
When: 02 Aug 21 16:03
Kane is still under contract and Spurs are still paying his astronomical wages.  He will destroy his legacy at Spurs if he goes on strike. Have City actually put a bid in for him this summer or is it just paper talk?
By:
snowynoon
When: 02 Aug 21 17:23
the word is theyd prefer Grealish for that kind of fee ,and if get him ,will drop interest in Kane.Just what i read somewhere.
By:
sofaking
When: 02 Aug 21 17:34
I want him gone. Just sell the **** if there are any takers.
By:
Angoose
When: 02 Aug 21 17:44
Harry Kane, a transfer target for Manchester City, did not return to the Tottenham training ground as expected on Monday morning amid speculation over his future.

The striker was scheduled to have coronavirus testing on Monday before starting training on Tuesday.

Kane has had a three-week break after helping England reach the Euro 2020 final.

Spurs have offered no explanation for why the 28-year-old did not turn up.

It is understood Kane felt he had a gentleman's agreement with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy that he could leave the club this summer.
By:
Whippin Piccadilly
When: 02 Aug 21 18:31
Why keep a player who's unhappy? Kane has been superb for Tottenham over the last 7 seasons and in all that time he's always given 100% and conducted himself with class. Surely, the majority of Spurs fans wouldn't begrudge the guy a chance of winning some trophies before he retires? Tottenham are miles away from winning the Premier League/Champions League. Although, I do think you've got the right manager in place to give the club the best chance of winning something. It's going to take time though, at least 2/3 seasons to get into that position. Spurs should just to take the money from the sale of Kane and wish him well. After all, 100M+ for the transfer kitty isn't a bad leaving present!
By:
sofaking
When: 02 Aug 21 19:04

Aug 2, 2021 -- 1:31PM, Whippin Piccadilly wrote:

Why keep a player who's unhappy? Kane has been superb for Tottenham over the last 7 seasons and in all that time he's always given 100% and conducted himself with class. Surely, the majority of Spurs fans wouldn't begrudge the guy a chance of winning some trophies before he retires? Tottenham are miles away from winning the Premier League/Champions League. Although, I do think you've got the right manager in place to give the club the best chance of winning something. It's going to take time though, at least 2/3 seasons to get into that position. Spurs should just to take the money from the sale of Kane and wish him well. After all, 100M+ for the transfer kitty isn't a bad leaving present!

We still don't know if Abu Dhabi have put an official bid in for him though?

By:
sofaking
When: 02 Aug 21 19:06
And nobody else is interested or can afford him.  If Abu Dhabi buy Grealish then Kane is stuck at Spurs.
By:
Whippin Piccadilly
When: 02 Aug 21 19:15
You can be certain they've tabled a bid and Harry is fully aware of it.

Why? They want both players and we all know they have the finances to secure the signings.
Increased final bids for both players will be tabled by the end of the week(Nap). Then it will be a take it or leave it situation.
By:
Whippin Piccadilly
When: 02 Aug 21 19:44
The pundits putting the guy in the same category as foreign mercenaries like Costa & Pogba. Laugh They actually get paid to talk about Football....absolutely stealing a living!
By:
themightymac
When: 02 Aug 21 19:57
They are all mercenaries nowadays. No loyalty or honour anymore. If they don`t want to play for the jersey, get rid of them quickly.
By:
sofaking
When: 02 Aug 21 20:38

Aug 2, 2021 -- 2:44PM, Whippin Piccadilly wrote:

The pundits putting the guy in the same category as foreign mercenaries like Costa & Pogba.  They actually get paid to talk about Football....absolutely stealing a living!

What's the difference? He's still under contract at Spurs and he's refusing to show up for training.

By:
11kv
When: 03 Aug 21 05:56
Spurs putting it out there to make him the villain,and then:
"Oh we had to sell him he forced the issue"

Probably rang in sick with a pain in his big toe.
By:
GoBallistic
When: 03 Aug 21 09:47
He just needs to say that he's not on strike - he's just taking a break because of mental health issues. Wouldn't even get fined then
By:
Angoose
When: 03 Aug 21 12:09
Tottenham striker Harry Kane has failed to report to the club's training ground for a second day as the stand-off over his future continues amid interest from Manchester City.

It is anticipated the England striker, 28, will be fined for his absence.
By:
JRAS
When: 03 Aug 21 12:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVPSBPYeLBI&ab_channel=albertadancer

Don't Bring Harry - The Stranglers
By:
eyeball
When: 03 Aug 21 14:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdVFzdRZF0Q&ab_channel=MadFranko008

Sham 69 - Hurry up Harry
By:
Emitdeb
When: 03 Aug 21 15:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctAf6Xsy9j4&ab_channel=ayubldn

This one's a killer... Someone asks in the comments "is it possible to die of embarrassment for somebody else"?  Blush
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Aug 21 16:27
They are all mercenaries nowadays. No loyalty or honour anymore. If they don`t want to play for the jersey, get rid of them quickly.

A bit harsh! He has given everything for a nothing club. I don't fancy his chances in court though. A Gentleman's Agreement with Levy? Laughed out of court!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Aug 21 16:28
and a verbal contract is not worth the paper it is written on specially if the other party is not a gentleman!
By:
Aspro
When: 03 Aug 21 16:41
Nobody but Levy and Kane know the verbal agreement. Perhaps Levy said he can go if offered £160m? Either way, Kane is now unsettled and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go now, but not until after the City game.
By:
Angoose
When: 03 Aug 21 16:48
And even then there will be different recollections of what was and wasn't said.
Meanwhile, Harry was spotted today leaving Globe House having renewed his passport .......
By:
Wesdag
When: 03 Aug 21 18:06

Aug 2, 2021 -- 11:03AM, sofaking wrote:

Kane is still under contract and Spurs are still paying his astronomical wages.

By:
Wesdag
When: 03 Aug 21 18:07
Laugh

You really believe he's bothered about what Spurs fans think?
By:
deliris
When: 03 Aug 21 18:31
what wages is he on at spurs? 100k
By:
sofaking
When: 03 Aug 21 18:55

Aug 3, 2021 -- 1:31PM, deliris wrote:

what wages is he on at spurs? 100k

250k.

By:
Wesdag
When: 03 Aug 21 19:24
He will destroy his legacy at Spurs if he goes on strike.

That's what I was referring to - he wouldn't give a monkey's about what Spurs fans think.
By:
deliris
When: 03 Aug 21 19:39
on a flat line wage surely hes not on 250k. thats crazy money for levy to pay. maybe 150k and add ons etc . i try look into it
By:
rommel
When: 03 Aug 21 19:39
arry redknapp on r5 talkign about arry,fo redknapp you fff tool
By:
deliris
When: 03 Aug 21 19:42
supposedly its more like 200k and Son on 190k a week. thats huge for spurs if true . if kane goes to man city its definetly 350k plus
By:
tobermory
When: 03 Aug 21 19:42
Kane is on 200k a week guaranteed with bonuses on top
By:
deliris
When: 03 Aug 21 19:45
thats a lot of dough at spurs , seems daniel levy aint so tight lol
By:
tobermory
When: 03 Aug 21 19:54
'gentleman's agreement' is laughable.

If Levy really said you can leave if this or that does or doesn't happen, or you can leave if a club pays X amount, then Kane - or his agent - has to put that in writing in the contract.

It's just a dumb move for a top class player to sign a 6 year deal.
By:
rommel
When: 03 Aug 21 19:58
whats got me about the spurs thing the last10 years or wahtever,the noises out the club and in the general swirl of things was that spurs couldnt pay decent wages cos of the fff stadium,well fff the stadium,youre a player only there for a few years nothing to do with your short career
By:
deliris
When: 03 Aug 21 20:16
bottom line is kane is a fool for signing a long contract but hes not a fool for getting paid well lol
By:
brassneck
When: 03 Aug 21 21:26
Harry gets paid more in week than most of us on betfair win in profits for a full year.
Its time to take up playing football.Grin
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com