Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brassneck
21 Jul 21 18:32
| Topic/replies: 17,455 | Blogger: brassneck's blog
hi everyone,i just was thinking of my life's journey and it dawned on me that we all sleep on average one third of our lives.
now the is 20 years sleeping if you are aged 60,and 13 years if you are 39 yoa.
So what this means is that we all have two lives,one that we are conscious of ,and we also have the dreaming life ,where everything is possible ,and we truly believe it is happening,if you dream of god ,and you meet him in your dreaming life ,its natural and real.Bolton Wanderers could win champions league and it seems so natural,you can even score the winning goal in the final yourselfLaugh.
But i don't miss dreaming life of 23 years,but my other life of 46 years(i am 69) is very precious to me.
i often wonder do people realize that they live two lives,and tonight they will decide to go to their second life for 8 hours or so,and then return to this life.
i will leave you with this thought.if you live to be one hundred years old,33 years will be spent in your second life,and the second life is just as real as the first life when something is happening.THINK ABOUT IT.=Brass.
Pause Switch to Standard View no chit chat so permit me to use the...
Show More
Report TameTheTiger July 21, 2021 8:06 PM BST
In my dreamworld, i only seem to dream about things that have happened or are happening in my real life, so there isnt much difference between the two
Report brassneck July 21, 2021 8:46 PM BST
hi tame,but its real to you ,when you are dreaming,.
Report swiftynifty July 21, 2021 10:16 PM BST
brassneck, the older you get the more time you'll be spending in your second life as you nod off throughout the day.
Report brentford July 21, 2021 10:29 PM BST
here's a tip for anyone that can't remember their dreams very often...try some very basic meditation during the day (eyes closed variety)....weirdly I can now remember about 75-80% more than I used to...and feck me they may be more interesting than current life but not sure I'd want to experience most of them Shocked   turn a few into movies maybe..
Report mecca July 22, 2021 12:57 AM BST
I once had a dream that I had Lady Di..

.. or, should I say, she once had me
Report cardifffc July 22, 2021 9:45 AM BST
brassneck 69....that's a shock....judging by your posts I thought you were about 12
Report brassneck July 22, 2021 12:54 PM BST
when i post during a dream i am only 23 years old.Grin
Report brassneck July 22, 2021 1:06 PM BST
And my forum name is "the whale punter"Laugh
Report shiny new shoes please July 22, 2021 2:29 PM BST
Before you sleep

Ly O Lay Ale Loya (Circle Dance) ~ Native Song
Report brassneck July 22, 2021 3:02 PM BST
I am telling you all,but most people don't realize it,We all live two lives,if you live to be 75 YOA you will sleep for 25 years.
Now this 25 years that you sleep is a much different world than the normal world that we live in from day to day.
tonight you will say to yourself "i am tired ,i think i will go to bed"but what you are really saying is "I am away to my other life  to catch up with things ,i will return to all of you Tomorrow .Grin
Report Aspro July 22, 2021 3:04 PM BST
Then there is lucid dreaming, which is world unto itself. I've only had about a dozen so far, all of them meticulously recorded. The first when I was 18 and the rest after hitting my 40s, with the last one (to date) being on Monday, 8 April 2019. When lucid you don't meet God, you are God. Shame they can't be bought.
Report brassneck July 22, 2021 3:25 PM BST
Anything goes in this second world,and we all live in it for 1/3 of our  lives,its amazing to think that we all call it "sleep"and just take it for granted,yet nothing is impossible in our second world ,if we could control our dreams we would have the holy grail,in fact anyone can have anything they ever wanted ,even Spurs fans GrinGrinGrin
Report brassneck July 22, 2021 3:36 PM BST
In fact i think i will write a song tonight in my dreams called" OUR SONG " and i will get Niall Horan and Anne Marie to sing it,and it will go number one in all the charts all over the world.Cool
Report brassneck July 22, 2021 3:37 PM BST
and when you all hear it on the radio you can all think of me.Laugh
Report SlippyBlue July 22, 2021 4:24 PM BST
My most recurring dream is of me being back at college. Playing rugby, going to see my dog run at Catford and chasing skirt all over South London. The salad days indeed  Grin
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B July 22, 2021 9:01 PM BST
slippy

Did you ever got to Sinatra's in Croydon?  Pay about £13 to get in (Late 1980's) and drink for free all night.  Loads and loads of birds, happy days indeed.
Report Emitdeb July 22, 2021 9:10 PM BST
Ever been to Manchester Lou?
Report Gin July 23, 2021 12:29 PM BST
Regarding the OP's mention of chit chat - was there ever an explanation as to why they suddenly turned it off?

I was thinking that one of the other forums could be commandeered as a proxy for the chit chat forum. A quick scan shows that the cycling forum has had three posts this year making it ripe for a takeover.Cool
Report Aspro July 23, 2021 12:36 PM BST
Chit Chat was becoming a little too political near the end so not shocked most of them migrated there. All seems a little pointless to me.
Report SlippyBlue July 23, 2021 1:16 PM BST
Yes Lou I did, also The Blue Orchid in Croydon (opposite the Fairfield Hall), The Cat's Whiskers in Streatham was another one. Seems like another lifetime away though now thinking about it Sad.

As regards to chit chat I wasn't around when it self imploded and had no idea it had been removed until fairly recently, it's a great shame as it was a great place in it's pomp, much missed I should imagine by the regulars, myself included of course.
Report The Dragon July 23, 2021 2:58 PM BST
gin we tried the basketball forum
Report Gin July 23, 2021 4:07 PM BST
Cheers Dragon, I never realised that. Just had a quick look and it's a bit sparse but hopefully more people will realise and start using it.Grin
Report Angoose July 23, 2021 4:19 PM BST
For whatever reason, people seem to find it hard to adopt a lightly used forum as the new home of chit-chat.
Several have tried to direct the chit-chatters to a new home, but they refuse to be cajoled.

A bit like herding cats Laugh
Report Emitdeb July 23, 2021 4:47 PM BST
Politics seems to be the new Chit Chat... Whenever I feel the urge to post Sh1t, seems to blend in nicely..
Report The Dragon July 23, 2021 4:47 PM BST
maybe use the most used forum which i reckon might be horse racing?
Report Emitdeb July 23, 2021 4:49 PM BST
horse racing Shocked... We're better than that. Blush
Report Emitdeb July 23, 2021 4:53 PM BST
I'd like a nice relaxed place with no snidey d1ckhead London Mancs...
Report sofaking July 23, 2021 9:48 PM BST
Brassneck is a very deep thinker. Carl Sagan-esque. And the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Shiny new shoes please (his son) is of a similar ilk.
Report brassneck July 23, 2021 9:58 PM BST
hi Sofa,thank you for your kind words.But i am correct we all live in a different world for 1/3 of our lives,And in that dream world its normal if you get stuck for transport and need a lift somewhere fast ,its not a problem,all anyone has to do is ring LEWIS HAMILTON and he will drive to your house and pick you upGrin,in the wide awake world every one is too busy to give you a lift,Laugh
Report sofaking July 23, 2021 9:59 PM BST
Unfortunately I can rarely remember my dreams unless I try to process them as soon as I wake up.
Report brassneck July 23, 2021 10:15 PM BST
i was reading about it,and some experts say that we dream every time we sleep,but never remember them.However there is a way to remember if you like to check it out.As you say if you are half awake you may remember some of your dream,and the experts say, that it is possible to return to your dream and finish it ,the way you want it to finish .ShockedShockedShocked
Report Angoose July 24, 2021 10:18 AM BST
It's very easy to record all of your dreams, just wire up your noggin to your computer hard disk.
You can even get a bluetooth dongle to avoid all of the wires Excited
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com