Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Emitdeb
19 Jul 21 21:31
| Topic/replies: 4,831 | Blogger: Emitdeb's blog
Sad  Shocked
Pause Switch to Standard View Gylfi Sigurdsson Arrested
Show More
Report tobermory July 19, 2021 10:37 PM BST
Just social media rumours, no news about it.
Report Emitdeb July 19, 2021 10:45 PM BST
His wife was miss Iceland... Gorgeous.
Report Crisp77 July 19, 2021 10:50 PM BST
Milfi Sigurdsson?
Report Emitdeb July 19, 2021 10:52 PM BST
Laugh You got me with that one....
Report akabula July 19, 2021 10:57 PM BST
Was deffo worth a titter Crisp.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 19, 2021 11:18 PM BST
Shocker if true
Report akabula July 19, 2021 11:28 PM BST
YouTube presenters were quick to jump on the story – which now appears to be totally unfounded and completely made up and total fabrication.

From one of the news reports on the story.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 20, 2021 12:11 AM BST
Suspended by club?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 20, 2021 12:38 AM BST
Everton can confirm it has suspended a First-Team player pending a police investigation. The Club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time
Report tobermory July 20, 2021 12:53 AM BST
“Officers arrested a 31-year-old man on Friday 16 July 2021 on suspicion of child sex offences.

“He is on police bail pending further enquiries.”

The player’s club have confirmed to Mirror Football that he has been suspended.

As previously reported, thousands of tweets started to circulate on Saturday evening that the star player had been arrested after allegedly being caught texting underage girls.

Some tweets claimed that that he had been rumbled by Paedophile hunters, although there was actually no footage appeared to be presented or forthcoming.
Report casemoney July 20, 2021 10:59 AM BST
Shocked
Report JC1326 July 20, 2021 11:10 AM BST
I mean, the headline alone suggests it must be him: ''Innocent until proven Gylfi'' Shocked
Report Llamedos July 20, 2021 2:12 PM BST
The Attorney General has issued a stark warning to people posting on social media about a Premier League footballer who has been arrested on suspicion of child sex offences.

Twitter, Facebook and Instagram became littered with memes on Tuesday morning purporting to identify the professional athlete who has not been charged.

Britain's chief legal adviser has warned that such posts could be in contempt of court - a crime that carries a potential prison sentence.

The Attorney General, Rt Hon Michael Ellis QC MP, said: "Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and everyone deserves a fair trial.

"A mis-judged tweet or post could have grave repercussions and interfere with a trial. It could mean a trial is delayed or at worst stopped because a fair trial isn’t possible – so I would caution everyone, don’t get in the way of justice being done.

"The Attorney General’s Office will monitor the situation and we will review any contempt of court allegations made to us."

The player, who cannot be named, was arrested last week.

In a statement, Greater Manchester Police said: "Officers arrested a man on Friday, July 16, 2021 on suspicion of child sex offences.

"He is on police bail pending further enquiries."

A spokesman for his club said: "The club can confirm it has suspended a first-team player pending a police investigation.

"The club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time."