Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarts rise
18 Jul 21 20:22
| Topic/replies: 24,654 | Blogger: stewarts rise's blog
One of the toughest and most uncompromising centre halfs who along with Maurice Setters put the fear of God into most forwards.
Led Coventry through all 4 divisions before playing out his career at Aston Villa, famously him and John Sillett won the F A Cup as jt managers beating Spurs. Rip George.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 12
By:
rommel
When: 18 Jul 21 21:17
never heard of him
By:
rommel
When: 18 Jul 21 21:18
not maurice
By:
rommel
When: 18 Jul 21 21:18
nor*
By:
tobermory
When: 18 Jul 21 21:34
'87 Cup Final before your time Rommel ?
By:
jumper3
When: 19 Jul 21 09:20
I remember him and John Sillett well. Wembley 1987. I was at that final. One of the more memorable finals as well.
By:
snowynoon
When: 19 Jul 21 09:24
Him and John Sillet took Coventry to FA Cup glory ,remember that day well ,rip George.
By:
HallGreenSpy
When: 19 Jul 21 10:03
One of the great finals when we all watched regardless who was playing. The Houchen flying header! RIP George.
By:
antony_27
When: 19 Jul 21 21:18
Didn't he train that legendary greyhound Ballyregan Bob? I thought that he died last year at the grand old age of 96
By:
Capt__F
When: 19 Jul 21 21:31
Maurice Setters was MIL ex bf
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 19 Jul 21 21:31
Great football man.  R.I.P.
By:
rommel
When: 20 Jul 21 07:04
not  before my time,honestly wasnt being disrespectful,did recognise his pic tho,the fa needs stories like this and it might be enhamced if the prem teams dropped out of it-im not joking
By:
bigmo
When: 20 Jul 21 18:24
The man was a Coventry legend. Sadly we're not a big club so most people will never have heard of him. Make no mistake they don't come much bigger than George in Coventry's history.

A true gent and will be sadly missed in these parts.

RIP big man.Sad
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com