Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
LoyalHoncho
14 Jul 21 15:37
| Topic/replies: 7,523 | Blogger: LoyalHoncho's blog
Just co-incidence the last three takers were all black?  Just co-incidence the last one was a teenager?
Just co-incidence the BBC were on to the alleged twitter abuse in a flash?
Just co-incidence the whole of the British media is mounting this massive tv brainwash job?
Just co-incidence?
If not then someone has been playing all you England fans for mugs.
Pause Switch to Standard View The three penalty misses?
Show More
Report LoyalHoncho July 14, 2021 7:16 PM BST
Were they pre-picked in these positions for a pre-arranged agenda?
Were they meant to score and be abused or were they meant to miss and be abused?
Serious questions.
And another one or two that I feel are more than relevant.
We have not yet been told how many abusive tweets there were, and probably never will be.  Compared to the number of tweets made about the match and it's outcome what is the percentage of allegedly racist tweets to utterly racist free tweets that were made.
Is it 1%?  Is it .1 of 1%?  Is it .1 of .1 of 1%?  Or is it 10%?
No body is saying.  I wonder why?
This bowlucks about a tsunami, an endemic, a systemic "onslaught ( a word used by Madge Madeley this morning ) is a bare-faced, brutally exaggerated lie in my opinion.  Any racist abuse is untenable, unwanted and needs hunted out and stopped but bare-faced lying about the alleged scale of a prob;em is despicable.
Report 11kv July 14, 2021 7:18 PM BST
One-a day The LoyalHoncho way.............Laugh

Will this ride thro to the World Cup.
Report akabula July 14, 2021 7:20 PM BST
Got to be a wind-up don't bite.
Report snowynoon July 14, 2021 8:12 PM BST
I think the op makes some relevant points actually .
Report LoyalHoncho July 14, 2021 8:16 PM BST
You bet I do.  No wind up here.
Report akabula July 14, 2021 8:28 PM BST
A fair analysis of that penalty run-up.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1414669974631821314
Report macarony July 14, 2021 8:46 PM BST
A better analysis is the teams that took the game to England all should have won. England had no answer if Scotland had a natural striker they would have won Denmark can consider themselves to very unlucky and the Azzuri know how to win. The other obvious factor is other teams have one thing on their mind and that's football, England have two things and football is second
Report lux July 14, 2021 10:18 PM BST
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BAXBPHBHsE
Report SontaranStratagem July 14, 2021 10:37 PM BST
To be fair the OP is making good points because 2 of those 3 penalties were fooking shocking esp Rashfords, Sanchos was bad for a supposed penalty taker. And another thing is Saka will garner public sympathy anyway because of his age. Rashford is the kids pin up he "fed your kids" so he's bound to get sympathy, Sancho lives in Germany so doesn't have to hang around 

And one thing that sticks out is their England snaps that have been plastered all over social media and the media in general

All 3 in one shot and they all look like police mug shots...

The media brainwashing going on makes me very suspicious
Report SontaranStratagem July 14, 2021 10:37 PM BST
Although Italy should have got the job done in normal time as well

But it sat perfect with penalties, and for the race baiting that then followed
Report SontaranStratagem July 14, 2021 10:46 PM BST
And another one or two that I feel are more than relevant.
We have not yet been told how many abusive tweets there were, and probably never will be.

The more the media push this agenda the more exposed it becomes esp with the bit in bold

These original accounts to "abuse them" were created that day and have since been taken down

I think there's something to what your saying loyalhoncho

The media were onto it far to quickly, the accounts to start the "abuse" were created that day and made the comments literally seconds after Saka missed, from which the media were waiting to jump on. These accounts then vanish and the numpties who stupidly jumped in to have a pop (Because its so raw right after losing and emotions are high) as well are now the targeted

Not to mention they've jumped on the whole hooligan stuff and are now demonising anyone who didn't social distance and wear masks, they've got you all on candid camera as "evidence", you gave them weeks of footage to show in why there's a "new wave"...
Report SontaranStratagem July 14, 2021 10:48 PM BST
"racism fuelling far right threat" - MI5... its amazing what losing a football match can do innit
Report LoyalHoncho July 15, 2021 7:20 PM BST
In my view, from a fundamental footballing point of view, NONE of the final three penalty taker selections made any sense whatsoever.
Sancho and Rashford brought on stone cold, in the 119th minute - to take penalties?  I don't think one of them even kicked a ball and one of them, I am assured, took a shy! Some preparation to take crucial penalties.  This point just can't be argued against - a quite ridiculous strategy.
And giving the crucial penalty of a nineteen year old kid?  No manager in their right mind would do this.  Not even Ronaldo or Messi, at that age, would have been lumbered with such a burden.
None of it makes any footballing sense at all!
And finally, Rashford never once looked at the ball on his run up - little wonder he failed to kick it properly.  Utter madness.
Report 11kv July 15, 2021 8:59 PM BST
Those 3 fellas were the top 3 in the squad in the Penalty comp that was run in training sessions on almost a daily basis.

I have this info from a relative of one of the players who played in all the games.

That seems to me why they got hustled on to the pitch as those lads were  deemed the best chance we had to win a shoot out.

Obs it backfired,the other players must have been bad.
Report Giuseppe July 15, 2021 9:01 PM BST
Rashford and Sancho take penalties for their clubs

Saka was a riskier choice, regardless of what he was doing in training

if Southgate was trying to judge temperament he got it wrong
Report Giuseppe July 15, 2021 9:02 PM BST
Saka and Sancho bottled it and took "hit and hope" penalties
Report LoyalHoncho July 15, 2021 9:11 PM BST
I don't give a hoot about hearsay or about practice.  Southgate, as well as any England ex-international living, knew the pitfalls of taking a crucial penalty, under supreme pressure.  Whatever might have been ( or not ) practised in training, in the white hot heat of this tie, his decisions make no sense.
Report 11kv July 15, 2021 9:16 PM BST
Wasn't Southgate it was Holland Plain
Report LoyalHoncho July 15, 2021 9:19 PM BST
Ok.  So Southgate was going round the huddled squad, with a bit of paper, checking if they were coming to his birthday party?
Laugh
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK July 15, 2021 9:22 PM BST
Not sure why after the heartache England
Been though with pen
There not special team bring on
Take one or two that are pen savy

I’d take noble missed not even handful
Over his career
Mount of time rash and sancho played
Might well have two pen takers on bench
Unsportsmanlike but can’t be far away from international team doing that
Report 11kv July 15, 2021 9:22 PM BST
Did you not see his hand up his back working him ala Lord Charles....
Report SontaranStratagem July 15, 2021 9:22 PM BST
Saka was a no no, the kid looks a bag of nerves out there so there's no way I'd be picking him

Rashfords penalty I'm still at a loss of words with that one, no one will know what he was trying to do ever ffs

Sanchos was another as well that just reeked of s*ite

Those stutter run ups should be banned, in fact I thought they had been?

Maybe Rashford should have been taking one but Phillips and Grealish should have been up before him and esp Sancho
Report SontaranStratagem July 15, 2021 10:51 PM BST
With that pressure you want a cocky bas*ard that thrives on the pressure

Grealish is a little cocky fooker perfect for it, if he misses he'd probably enjoy being abused
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B July 15, 2021 11:21 PM BST
To be fair to Rashford he's hit the post meaning it was a few inches from going in.  Yes it's a ridiculous run up but the fact is it hit the post so just missed.

However Saka's was about three feet from the corner and the Keeper easily saved it so to say Rashford's was the worst of the two when clearly he got a lot closer than Saka is wrong.
Report akabula July 15, 2021 11:27 PM BST
Saksa strike was on target whilst Rashfords wasn't.
Report SontaranStratagem July 15, 2021 11:31 PM BST
Sakas was never going in though, not with that lack of power behind it and literally hit perfectly for the keeper
Report akabula July 15, 2021 11:35 PM BST
Doesn't matter as thats how the penalties will be recorded.
BTW I agree with the comments on Grealish.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B July 16, 2021 6:48 AM BST
akabula

But supposing you just rolled a ball along the floor slowly so it barely reached the Keeper.  According to you it was 'On target' so that's ok.

Rashford missed by a few inches whereas Saka missed by about three or four feet so of the two IMO Rashford's was the better.  Imagine someone having a shot from outside the penalty area and it hits the post, we all think "Oh that was close, so unlucky" whereas Saka's penalty was very poor and nowhere near the corner.
Report 1830 July 16, 2021 8:36 AM BST
Rashford didnt have his eyes on the ball when he kicked it.
THAT IS FCKIN BASIC STUFF that you learn when you kick the ball as a toddler for the first time.
For a grown Man earning Millions of pounds a year  he deserves to be ripped.  .
It was Shyyte, full fckin stop.
Report unitedbiscuits July 16, 2021 9:41 AM BST

Jul 15, 2021 -- 4:51PM, SontaranStratagem wrote:

With that pressure you want a cocky bas*ard that thrives on the pressure Grealish is a little cocky fooker perfect for it, if he misses he'd probably enjoy being abused

"You" may have wanted Jack Grealish to take a penalty but he didn't fancy it.

Report Aspro July 16, 2021 11:23 AM BST
Those stutter run ups should be banned, in fact I thought they had been?

So did I but the Euros proved it isn't.

When Southgate had them huddled Grealish nodded in agreement, which I believed was agreeing to take one. After the game I switched off and have not returned the subject since, but I will now add that imo Rashford was trying to be clever and got caught in multiple cross minds. Sancho was just a poor penalty and Saka should not even have been on the pitch, let alone taking penalties; he bottled. The accusations of a conspiracy is pure nonsense.
Report unitedbiscuits July 16, 2021 11:48 AM BST

Jul 16, 2021 -- 5:23AM, Aspro wrote:

Those stutter run ups should be banned, in fact I thought they had been?So did I but the Euros proved it isn't.When Southgate had them huddled Grealish nodded in agreement, which I believed was agreeing to take one. After the game I switched off and have not returned the subject since, but I will now add that imo Rashford was trying to be clever and got caught in multiple cross minds. Sancho was just a poor penalty and Saka should not even have been on the pitch, let alone taking penalties; he bottled. The accusations of a conspiracy is pure nonsense.

How do you mean Grealish "agreed" to take one? He was on the pitch so had to take one in his turn.

Report Aspro July 16, 2021 11:54 AM BST
Yep, but initially I thought it was to take one of the five, but he appeared confident and relaxed so perhaps he was #6. Who knows, but he didn't appear at all phased by it, which would surprise nobody on here.
Report Ramruma July 16, 2021 12:09 PM BST
There were five penalties missed, not three. Italy missed two of theirs.

That is a 50 per cent failure rate for the top two teams in Europe.

My theory, or wild guess, is they missed because of the rain. The pitch was wet and slippy and so was the ball.

If anyone here is well-connected to the stats nerds at their local club, are there any figures on penalties and direct free kicks in wet vs dry conditions?
Report LoyalHoncho July 16, 2021 4:08 PM BST
It is quite embarassing actually to have to make this correction, which 99% of everyone on here knows anyway..
Neither Saka nor Sancho "missed" - theirs were saved.  And it's irrelevant how bad theirs are deemed had the goalkeeper gone "the other way" they would have scored.
Rashford missed and could never have scored.
That's not rocket science LOU, that's what every aspiring ten year old centre forward first learns - get on target and you have a chance of scoring, don't and you can never score.
Will you please stop whingeing - we've noticed you.
Report treetop July 16, 2021 8:50 PM BST
Simple solution would be for our penalty takers to take a good run up and hit the ball hard like Shearer and, I believe Le Tissier used to do,both were very successful. Wish I could lay in running when England penalty takers apply short run ups.
Report hello :-) July 16, 2021 9:43 PM BST
they were up against provbably the best penalty keeper in the world , intimidating guy just needs to dive right way and im sure theres a mad stat saying he saves 60% dont quote me tho

history creates pressures aswell , no one ever ever forgets who missed must be in players minds also there record

i felt it , not sure ive felt tension like it from a match it was incredible , imagine being 18
Report ffaith July 16, 2021 10:23 PM BST
Interesting hypothesis put forward by the o.p.  Highly improbable but it would sync with the manufactured hysteria about racism.
Fwiw I think this uproar about racism is all a distraction.  Meanwhile the puppet filth (Ferguson, faucsi, Hancock) come and go but the main agenda rolls on: mandatory vacs, some form of medical martial law etc.  Mazel tov.  Enjoy
Report raspberrybottom July 17, 2021 10:56 AM BST
Simple solution would be for our penalty takers to take a good run up and hit the ball hard like Shearer and, I believe Le Tissier used to do,both were very successful. Wish I could lay in running when England penalty takers apply short run ups.

Agree with this, treetops! Far too much messing around with dodgy run-ups, etc.

Saw Geoff Hurst interviewed years ago and he said, "I make sure I keep it low and try to hit it as hard as I can."

That was his method - scored 18 out of 19 for West Ham.
Report the wire July 17, 2021 11:27 AM BST
Hurst didn't hit it low when Banks saved his pen, League Cup semi final I think.

Grealish would probably have tried a Panenka which Donarumma would have just headed away.
Report lux July 17, 2021 1:21 PM BST
Stumbled upon this Guardian article from May 2014, just as relevant today and well worth a read…

Sir Clive Woodward: what England must do to win on penalties in Brazil

The rugby World Cup-winning coach, in a new book, explains why England must be drilled on spot-kicks to ever win a shootout

England head to Brazil having lost on penalties in six of the past 10 major finals they have played in and the nightmare of a shootout could loom again this summer. What can Roy Hodgson and the players possibly do to avoid another demoralising defeat? A new book, Twelve Yards: the Art and Psychology of the Perfect Penalty by Ben Lyttleton, explores the secrets to winning penalty shootouts and in this edited extract the 2003 rugby World Cup winner Sir Clive Woodward explains what he would do to ensure a successful outcome.

By any standards, the crop of talent in Southampton's academy class of 2004 was something special. It contained players who would go on to light up the Premier League – the likes of Nathan Dyer, Theo Walcott and Gareth Bale. One morning in spring 2005, the club's then director of sport, Sir Clive Woodward, paid a visit to training to test their skills from the penalty spot.

That morning at the academy, he set up four cameras focusing on the space between the edge of the 18-yard box and the goalline. One camera was facing the goal, the other behind the goal, and there were two on either side. He hung down two ropes from the crossbar, around three feet inside each post, and asked each player to take 10 penalties. There was no goalkeeper to face, just the ropes hanging down, and the aim was to hit as many balls as they could between the rope and the post. These were good young players, remember, stars of the future, but their score? "It was not good," Woodward said.

The other coaches at Southampton wondered what on earth Woodward was trying to achieve with all the cameras, laptops and technology, but the players themselves soon found out. Two days later, they attended a video analysis session where a few players were shown taking their 10 penalties. Not one time was their run-up, foot position or body shape the same.

"Everything was different," Woodward remembered, "but to kick a stationary ball, you need to have the same routine, to do the same things over and over again."

When I met Woodward to discuss why England's football team regularly fail from the spot, he argued that it was down to football coaches who feel threatened by change. We also talked about Jonny Wilkinson, and the two things that Wilkinson focused on during his kick: the target, and his foot position. This all came down to technique, the result of hours and hours of purposeful practice, so that when the pressure kick came, his routine was unchanging.

Wilkinson honed his method by trying to kick the ball against a single post from various points along the tryline as far back as the corner flag. "It was amazing to watch him," said Woodward. "If he was on his game, he would get seven or eight out of 10, just kicking the ball at one post. Unbelievable."

So for Wilkinson it was all about keeping the same routine, and practising it. Woodward preached the same message, and was clearly frustrated when I told him that England's penalty practice sessions at the 2006 World Cup seemed to be based on a group of players standing with balls at their feet on the edge of the area, taking a kick whenever there was an opportunity. "Yes, it was 'my go, your go, let's all go,'" he said. "I would do it differently. At the end of every training session, I would make every player take a penalty, and incentivise them: 'You're not leaving till you've all scored.' Or choose five players and say the same to them."Not just that: I would get them to replicate the conditions. So wait five minutes after the end of training to take the penalties. Make them wait in the centre-circle and do the walk. Have a referee or a coach blow a whistle. The training sessions are the time you need to coach this stuff, so when it happens in the game, the players are rehearsed, prepared and know what to expect and what to do. The notion you can't practise is complete anathema to me."

Woodward's coaching philosophy is based on T-CUP, Thinking Correctly Under Pressure, and the idea that you can train smart for any eventuality fits the penalty model. "I wouldn't just practise one penalty: make them retake one sometimes, as that can happen in a real game too.

"And the nearer you get to big tournaments and big games, it's an absolute no-no, you don't change a thing. This is my big thing in sport: you must do everything that you normally do. It's not the time to bring in anything new.'

Does that mean England shouldn't practise penalties at a major tournament? "It means they should be doing it all year round. If you only start when you're at the tournament, you're making it a big thing. That's been a problem for us in the past. Yes, practise at a World Cup, but make sure you've been doing it all the time anyway."

The more Woodward talked, the more passionate he became; he jumped out of his chair to impersonate Alan Shearer eye- balling a referee before he blows his whistle. But he really got going when I brought up an issue that touched a nerve: should a coach take responsibility for a missed penalty?

"This whole thing is about coaches, not players," he said. "It was conservative [at Southampton] mainly because high-profile coaches say you can't coach penalties, because they don't understand how to. Coaching is all about how your players perform under pressure: there are so many things you should be coaching the players to do.

"I don't like the word 'psychology'. The coach is a psychologist: if you practise properly, you will be mentally strong. If you don't, you can have as many psychologists as you like, but if you're not used to doing it, you will fail."
Woodward knows that England aren't just unlucky when it comes to the shootout. "It's becoming a national stigma and we deserve it," he said. "We don't deserve to win because we are arrogant to think we can turn up with players who have never taken a penalty in their lives before to do it."

And the reason is because of the coaches and not the players? "There's a big body of football people who are terrified of it, who are saying: 'You can't coach this.' That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! I think the FA should employ a specialist penalty-kicking coach. And listen: it wouldn't just make them better penalty-takers but better footballers. The whole team should be doing it. This is about striking a dead ball, but if you strike a dead ball well, you will be able to strike a moving ball better too. It's about improving players across the board.

"You just need to set up a programme, appoint the right specialist and say to him: 'Right, your job is to make sure we don't miss a penalty in the World Cup.' That's what we did with the rugby team – and we won the World Cup."

Twelve Yards: the Art and Psychology of the Perfect Penalty by Ben Lyttleton is out on 22 May

www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/may/19/clive-woodward-england-penalties-brazil-world-cup
Report LoyalHoncho July 17, 2021 6:13 PM BST
"You just need to" - the first line of the last paragraph of this long-winded lecture proves that he just doesn't get it.
Report Tiger Tiger July 17, 2021 10:38 PM BST
Honcho is the proverbial jock w@nker, hope this helps when making your replies to this massively little nob of a keyboard warrior.
Report LoyalHoncho July 18, 2021 12:13 AM BST
Laugh  Charming chap.
Report Capt__F July 18, 2021 12:20 AM BST
dancer
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com