Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
LoyalHoncho
14 Jul 21 15:37
| Topic/replies: 7,523 | Blogger: LoyalHoncho's blog
Just co-incidence the last three takers were all black?  Just co-incidence the last one was a teenager?
Just co-incidence the BBC were on to the alleged twitter abuse in a flash?
Just co-incidence the whole of the British media is mounting this massive tv brainwash job?
Just co-incidence?
If not then someone has been playing all you England fans for mugs.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 45
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 14 Jul 21 19:16
Were they pre-picked in these positions for a pre-arranged agenda?
Were they meant to score and be abused or were they meant to miss and be abused?
Serious questions.
And another one or two that I feel are more than relevant.
We have not yet been told how many abusive tweets there were, and probably never will be.  Compared to the number of tweets made about the match and it's outcome what is the percentage of allegedly racist tweets to utterly racist free tweets that were made.
Is it 1%?  Is it .1 of 1%?  Is it .1 of .1 of 1%?  Or is it 10%?
No body is saying.  I wonder why?
This bowlucks about a tsunami, an endemic, a systemic "onslaught ( a word used by Madge Madeley this morning ) is a bare-faced, brutally exaggerated lie in my opinion.  Any racist abuse is untenable, unwanted and needs hunted out and stopped but bare-faced lying about the alleged scale of a prob;em is despicable.
By:
11kv
When: 14 Jul 21 19:18
One-a day The LoyalHoncho way.............Laugh

Will this ride thro to the World Cup.
By:
akabula
When: 14 Jul 21 19:20
Got to be a wind-up don't bite.
By:
snowynoon
When: 14 Jul 21 20:12
I think the op makes some relevant points actually .
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 14 Jul 21 20:16
You bet I do.  No wind up here.
By:
akabula
When: 14 Jul 21 20:28
A fair analysis of that penalty run-up.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1414669974631821314
By:
macarony
When: 14 Jul 21 20:46
A better analysis is the teams that took the game to England all should have won. England had no answer if Scotland had a natural striker they would have won Denmark can consider themselves to very unlucky and the Azzuri know how to win. The other obvious factor is other teams have one thing on their mind and that's football, England have two things and football is second
By:
lux
When: 14 Jul 21 22:18
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BAXBPHBHsE
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 14 Jul 21 22:37
To be fair the OP is making good points because 2 of those 3 penalties were fooking shocking esp Rashfords, Sanchos was bad for a supposed penalty taker. And another thing is Saka will garner public sympathy anyway because of his age. Rashford is the kids pin up he "fed your kids" so he's bound to get sympathy, Sancho lives in Germany so doesn't have to hang around 

And one thing that sticks out is their England snaps that have been plastered all over social media and the media in general

All 3 in one shot and they all look like police mug shots...

The media brainwashing going on makes me very suspicious
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 14 Jul 21 22:37
Although Italy should have got the job done in normal time as well

But it sat perfect with penalties, and for the race baiting that then followed
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 14 Jul 21 22:46
And another one or two that I feel are more than relevant.
We have not yet been told how many abusive tweets there were, and probably never will be.

The more the media push this agenda the more exposed it becomes esp with the bit in bold

These original accounts to "abuse them" were created that day and have since been taken down

I think there's something to what your saying loyalhoncho

The media were onto it far to quickly, the accounts to start the "abuse" were created that day and made the comments literally seconds after Saka missed, from which the media were waiting to jump on. These accounts then vanish and the numpties who stupidly jumped in to have a pop (Because its so raw right after losing and emotions are high) as well are now the targeted

Not to mention they've jumped on the whole hooligan stuff and are now demonising anyone who didn't social distance and wear masks, they've got you all on candid camera as "evidence", you gave them weeks of footage to show in why there's a "new wave"...
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 14 Jul 21 22:48
"racism fuelling far right threat" - MI5... its amazing what losing a football match can do innit
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 15 Jul 21 19:20
In my view, from a fundamental footballing point of view, NONE of the final three penalty taker selections made any sense whatsoever.
Sancho and Rashford brought on stone cold, in the 119th minute - to take penalties?  I don't think one of them even kicked a ball and one of them, I am assured, took a shy! Some preparation to take crucial penalties.  This point just can't be argued against - a quite ridiculous strategy.
And giving the crucial penalty of a nineteen year old kid?  No manager in their right mind would do this.  Not even Ronaldo or Messi, at that age, would have been lumbered with such a burden.
None of it makes any footballing sense at all!
And finally, Rashford never once looked at the ball on his run up - little wonder he failed to kick it properly.  Utter madness.
By:
11kv
When: 15 Jul 21 20:59
Those 3 fellas were the top 3 in the squad in the Penalty comp that was run in training sessions on almost a daily basis.

I have this info from a relative of one of the players who played in all the games.

That seems to me why they got hustled on to the pitch as those lads were  deemed the best chance we had to win a shoot out.

Obs it backfired,the other players must have been bad.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 15 Jul 21 21:01
Rashford and Sancho take penalties for their clubs

Saka was a riskier choice, regardless of what he was doing in training

if Southgate was trying to judge temperament he got it wrong
By:
Giuseppe
When: 15 Jul 21 21:02
Saka and Sancho bottled it and took "hit and hope" penalties
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 15 Jul 21 21:11
I don't give a hoot about hearsay or about practice.  Southgate, as well as any England ex-international living, knew the pitfalls of taking a crucial penalty, under supreme pressure.  Whatever might have been ( or not ) practised in training, in the white hot heat of this tie, his decisions make no sense.
By:
11kv
When: 15 Jul 21 21:16
Wasn't Southgate it was Holland Plain
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 15 Jul 21 21:19
Ok.  So Southgate was going round the huddled squad, with a bit of paper, checking if they were coming to his birthday party?
Laugh
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 15 Jul 21 21:22
Not sure why after the heartache England
Been though with pen
There not special team bring on
Take one or two that are pen savy

I’d take noble missed not even handful
Over his career
Mount of time rash and sancho played
Might well have two pen takers on bench
Unsportsmanlike but can’t be far away from international team doing that
By:
11kv
Did you not see his hand up his back working him ala Lord Charles....
By:
SontaranStratagem
Saka was a no no, the kid looks a bag of nerves out there so there's no way I'd be picking him

Rashfords penalty I'm still at a loss of words with that one, no one will know what he was trying to do ever ffs

Sanchos was another as well that just reeked of s*ite

Those stutter run ups should be banned, in fact I thought they had been?

Maybe Rashford should have been taking one but Phillips and Grealish should have been up before him and esp Sancho
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 15 Jul 21 22:51
With that pressure you want a cocky bas*ard that thrives on the pressure

Grealish is a little cocky fooker perfect for it, if he misses he'd probably enjoy being abused
By:
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
When: 15 Jul 21 23:21
To be fair to Rashford he's hit the post meaning it was a few inches from going in.  Yes it's a ridiculous run up but the fact is it hit the post so just missed.

However Saka's was about three feet from the corner and the Keeper easily saved it so to say Rashford's was the worst of the two when clearly he got a lot closer than Saka is wrong.
By:
akabula
When: 15 Jul 21 23:27
Saksa strike was on target whilst Rashfords wasn't.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 15 Jul 21 23:31
Sakas was never going in though, not with that lack of power behind it and literally hit perfectly for the keeper
By:
akabula
When: 15 Jul 21 23:35
Doesn't matter as thats how the penalties will be recorded.
BTW I agree with the comments on Grealish.
By:
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
When: 16 Jul 21 06:48
akabula

But supposing you just rolled a ball along the floor slowly so it barely reached the Keeper.  According to you it was 'On target' so that's ok.

Rashford missed by a few inches whereas Saka missed by about three or four feet so of the two IMO Rashford's was the better.  Imagine someone having a shot from outside the penalty area and it hits the post, we all think "Oh that was close, so unlucky" whereas Saka's penalty was very poor and nowhere near the corner.
By:
When: 16 Jul 21 08:36
Rashford didnt have his eyes on the ball when he kicked it.
THAT IS FCKIN BASIC STUFF that you learn when you kick the ball as a toddler for the first time.
For a grown Man earning Millions of pounds a year  he deserves to be ripped.  .
It was Shyyte, full fckin stop.
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 16 Jul 21 09:41

Jul 15, 2021 -- 4:51PM, SontaranStratagem wrote:

With that pressure you want a cocky bas*ard that thrives on the pressure Grealish is a little cocky fooker perfect for it, if he misses he'd probably enjoy being abused

"You" may have wanted Jack Grealish to take a penalty but he didn't fancy it.

By:
Aspro
When: 16 Jul 21 11:23
Those stutter run ups should be banned, in fact I thought they had been?

So did I but the Euros proved it isn't.

When Southgate had them huddled Grealish nodded in agreement, which I believed was agreeing to take one. After the game I switched off and have not returned the subject since, but I will now add that imo Rashford was trying to be clever and got caught in multiple cross minds. Sancho was just a poor penalty and Saka should not even have been on the pitch, let alone taking penalties; he bottled. The accusations of a conspiracy is pure nonsense.
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 16 Jul 21 11:48

Jul 16, 2021 -- 5:23AM, Aspro wrote:

Those stutter run ups should be banned, in fact I thought they had been?So did I but the Euros proved it isn't.When Southgate had them huddled Grealish nodded in agreement, which I believed was agreeing to take one. After the game I switched off and have not returned the subject since, but I will now add that imo Rashford was trying to be clever and got caught in multiple cross minds. Sancho was just a poor penalty and Saka should not even have been on the pitch, let alone taking penalties; he bottled. The accusations of a conspiracy is pure nonsense.

How do you mean Grealish "agreed" to take one? He was on the pitch so had to take one in his turn.

By:
Aspro
When: 16 Jul 21 11:54
Yep, but initially I thought it was to take one of the five, but he appeared confident and relaxed so perhaps he was #6. Who knows, but he didn't appear at all phased by it, which would surprise nobody on here.
By:
Ramruma
When: 16 Jul 21 12:09
There were five penalties missed, not three. Italy missed two of theirs.

That is a 50 per cent failure rate for the top two teams in Europe.

My theory, or wild guess, is they missed because of the rain. The pitch was wet and slippy and so was the ball.

If anyone here is well-connected to the stats nerds at their local club, are there any figures on penalties and direct free kicks in wet vs dry conditions?
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 16 Jul 21 16:08
It is quite embarassing actually to have to make this correction, which 99% of everyone on here knows anyway..
Neither Saka nor Sancho "missed" - theirs were saved.  And it's irrelevant how bad theirs are deemed had the goalkeeper gone "the other way" they would have scored.
Rashford missed and could never have scored.
That's not rocket science LOU, that's what every aspiring ten year old centre forward first learns - get on target and you have a chance of scoring, don't and you can never score.
Will you please stop whingeing - we've noticed you.
By:
treetop
When: 16 Jul 21 20:50
Simple solution would be for our penalty takers to take a good run up and hit the ball hard like Shearer and, I believe Le Tissier used to do,both were very successful. Wish I could lay in running when England penalty takers apply short run ups.
By:
hello :-)
When: 16 Jul 21 21:43
they were up against provbably the best penalty keeper in the world , intimidating guy just needs to dive right way and im sure theres a mad stat saying he saves 60% dont quote me tho

history creates pressures aswell , no one ever ever forgets who missed must be in players minds also there record

i felt it , not sure ive felt tension like it from a match it was incredible , imagine being 18
By:
ffaith
When: 16 Jul 21 22:23
Interesting hypothesis put forward by the o.p.  Highly improbable but it would sync with the manufactured hysteria about racism.
Fwiw I think this uproar about racism is all a distraction.  Meanwhile the puppet filth (Ferguson, faucsi, Hancock) come and go but the main agenda rolls on: mandatory vacs, some form of medical martial law etc.  Mazel tov.  Enjoy
By:
raspberrybottom
When: 17 Jul 21 10:56
Simple solution would be for our penalty takers to take a good run up and hit the ball hard like Shearer and, I believe Le Tissier used to do,both were very successful. Wish I could lay in running when England penalty takers apply short run ups.

Agree with this, treetops! Far too much messing around with dodgy run-ups, etc.

Saw Geoff Hurst interviewed years ago and he said, "I make sure I keep it low and try to hit it as hard as I can."

That was his method - scored 18 out of 19 for West Ham.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com