Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 262 comments are related to the topic:
Tyrone Mings destroys Priti Patel

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 262
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 13 Jul 21 14:02
george best had more boos than any other black player in history when he was playing,

George Best was Black?

Fcek me, no wonder he had dancin' feetLaugh!
By:
Giuseppe
When: 13 Jul 21 14:04
lol Johnson meeting social media bosses today as if this is now a major crisis

a few people posted bananas on instagram
By:
Giuseppe
When: 13 Jul 21 14:05
"Have any white footballers ever been abused on Social media ? Just asking for a friend "

off the top of my head, James McClean?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 13 Jul 21 14:11
would Grealish or Rice have been abused with Irish slurs if they had missed the penalty?

I think whoever missed it was going to get grief

you don't think Waddle, Pearce, Southgate, Batty would have, if social media had existed back in the day

imagine the abuse Bonetti would have gotten
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 13 Jul 21 14:18
Poor Peter.  Hung out to dry with only Brian Labone to (not) help him.  Someone had to take the rap as the English press was seething!
As for Waddle, for me he is the worst of the England let-downers.  As soon as he started his walk up you could see it quite clearly in is his attitude/demeanour.  No pause, no control, no composure whatsoever, just the "I don't care if I miss - just get this penalty out of the way" approach.  It was written all over him and so it transpired.  He just blasted it anywhere to get rid of the pressure knowing that he would be consoled if he missed.  Poor Bobby Robson - everything blown away by a non-trier.
By:
dustybin
When: 13 Jul 21 14:21
You dont half chuck up some b0ll0x
And clearly spend half your time watching England after Scotland failed and flopped.
Back to fighting over dog vomit with Israel and other no marks attempting to get a back door pass.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 13 Jul 21 14:22
I wonder how an England-Brasil final would have worked out?
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 13 Jul 21 14:23
It;s well-nigh fcking impossible to watch anything else.  It;s on every fcking thing - even your favourite show, Loose Women.
By:
dustybin
When: 13 Jul 21 14:27
England certainly played enough matches and scored enough goals to have the material to be played continually
By:
dustybin
When: 13 Jul 21 14:27
scotland got 1 goal
By:
jumper3
When: 13 Jul 21 14:44
What we don't ever hear about are the details. How many abusive tweets were there? 100, 1000, 10,000? Where are they from, named accounts or anonymous (although they are all traceable via an email address). Heard Southgate make reference to previous instances being from other and far flung corners of the world. What's that about? Occasionally, you see or hear about the one individual hauled up before a court for being rude to a celebrity. Presume that's the celebrity pushing for a private prosecution. Surely now the social media companies are closing accounts at every occurrence, once they get complaints.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 13 Jul 21 14:49
Surely now the social media companies are closing accounts at every occurrence, once they get complaints.

Really?

The scumbags on here keep coming back!
By:
jumper3
When: 13 Jul 21 15:07

Jul 13, 2021 -- 8:49AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

Surely now the social media companies are closing accounts at every occurrence, once they get complaints.Really?The scumbags on here keep coming back!

I don't really see anything here that I would describe as abuse. A difference of opinions but that's to be expected.

By:
tobermory
When: 13 Jul 21 15:17
jumper3,

someone did an analysis for the 12 hrs following the game of where every racist post came from.

India/Pakistan/Bangladesh was way out in front, then Arab countries, especially UAE/Egypt. UK was just a handful, not even in the Top 20 countries from what I recall.

But The Guardian reporting the abuse as being a direct result of Boris not condemning the booing of the knee, giving the impression it is entirely coming from England.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 13 Jul 21 15:24
what was actually written on the Rashford mural?

the way media is reporting it, if you read it carefully, they aren't actually specifically saying the graffiti is racist

although most people will assume it was

sky news just did a segement "coing up after the btreak, football and racism" with a picture of someone cleaning the Rashford mural
By:
Giuseppe
When: 13 Jul 21 15:25
sky news have a guy on now, live, talking about racism

all the while pictures of the mural are being played
By:
Giuseppe
When: 13 Jul 21 15:27
every football fan in Britain knows about Sterling's criticism of that daily mail article, and about the fan at Stamfordf Bridge in 2018

because the media have reported on it, uncritically, ad nauseum ever since

this alone shows the media in Britain is sympathetic to the message of anti-racism
By:
dr . atkins
When: 13 Jul 21 15:30
twitter full of foreign bots and is a cesspit
By:
differentdrum
When: 13 Jul 21 15:32
Mings makes himself look a fool would have been a better title.

Shame we have spent a lot longer on this than Mings spent kicking a football in the Euros.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 13 Jul 21 15:33
"But The Guardian reporting the abuse as being a direct result of Boris not condemning the booing of the knee, giving the impression it is entirely coming from England. "

"Trump's rhetoric has emboldened violent racists"
By:
jollyswagman
When: 13 Jul 21 15:50
giuseppe the fact that you refer to an actual example of racism as 'alleged' is somewhat revealing, it is an example of racism in real life that a football player faced. i didnt say 'the British working class people are already decent and are sick and tired of being told they are racist', your are inventing a strawmen, that is just desperate.
By:
jumper3
When: 13 Jul 21 15:50
tobermory

Many thanks. And the groupthink then develops and goes off in one direction, with some help from Tyrone Mings in this instance. Some commentators even referring to the England football team as the new opposition.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 13 Jul 21 15:59
"giuseppe the fact that you refer to an actual example of racism as 'alleged' is somewhat revealing, it is an example of racism in real life that a football player faced. "

swagman

sterling has played hundred of games, each in front in front of 30,000+

at one of these games one fan allegedly said something

and we're still talking about almost 3 years later
By:
Giuseppe
When: 13 Jul 21 16:00
did the stamford bridge guy get charged in the end? genuine question

if so and he was found guilty I will stop using the word "alleged"
By:
tobermory
When: 13 Jul 21 16:04
I think the police said there was not enough evidence but Chelsea banned him
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Jul 21 16:20
Wasn’t there a Chelsea v Man U match when some Chelsea players claimed to be racially abused
And it nearly cost the referee his job , and of course his  home life and his family were under great stress
That’s real life
The allegations were untrue
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Jul 21 16:22
By the way those Chelsea players and Chelsea staff were never reprimanded for that vile behaviour
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Jul 21 16:24
That’s real life with real consequences , not being called a bad name once upon a time
By:
dambuster
When: 13 Jul 21 16:38
Name calling, get over it ,thats all it is,
so many people are offended on behalf of others, there's so much more important things happening
in the world, that the media won't talk about, its the media, they stir things up, and wind people up to get a reaction,
when will we all learn not to trust the media. I applaud Pritti Patel for her honesty.
OTHER POLITICIANS ARE LIKE SHEEP, THEY WANT TO BE LOVED BY EVERYONE and in the end, they upset everyone.
As for Mings, i don't know if he's black or white, i don't care.
But like The worlds greatest hypocrite, LEWIS HAMILTON , happy to bend a knee for racism, but still drives in Saudi Arabia, where
Gays are thrown off buildings, and the slavery is terrible, the same as MINGS, Will he refuse to play in Qatar if he's picked ?
By:
Timber
When: 13 Jul 21 18:04

Jul 13, 2021 -- 9:24AM, Giuseppe wrote:

what was actually written on the Rashford mural?the way media is reporting it, if you read it carefully, they aren't actually specifically saying the graffiti is racistalthough most people will assume it wassky news just did a segement "coing up after the btreak, football and racism" with a picture of someone cleaning the Rashford mural

Absolutely nothing racist

There was a drawing of a knob

The word bastard

Sancho is sh!te

Saka is sh1te

and then some illegible stuff

By:
Giuseppe
When: 13 Jul 21 18:08
you're asking for abuse, taking a fancy penalty like that, and then missing
By:
Timber
When: 13 Jul 21 18:10
twitter has deleted every picture of the graffiti, because they know it has no racist words

we truly live in a technocratic totalitarian state
By:
Timber
When: 13 Jul 21 18:12

Jul 13, 2021 -- 12:08PM, Giuseppe wrote:

you're asking for abuse, taking a fancy penalty like that, and then missing

exactly, in a final you step back, run at the ball and whack it
I couldn't believe what I was seeing in real time

By:
Timber
When: 13 Jul 21 18:14
Can't even find it on duck and go. The end is nigh Sad
By:
Timber
When: 13 Jul 21 18:17
Every single pic has been wiped because it doesn't fit the narrative, that's beyond scary
By:
tobermory
When: 13 Jul 21 18:18
The determination of the media to maintain the narrative that the mural vandalism and the social media abuse were examples of racist, white, brexit voters is remarkable.

I posted the usernames (almost all Arab or Bangledeshi names) of the people abusing Saka's instagram on The Guardian. My post was deleted inside 4 minutes. Hard to see what rules I breached, surely they would want us to name and shame the racists?
By:
Timber
When: 13 Jul 21 18:19
On the mural was a d!ck picture, the words sh1te, bastard and fcuk
By:
Timber
When: 13 Jul 21 18:20
This unreal, we are on the brinkAngry
By:
Timber
When: 13 Jul 21 18:23
This is the graffiti but not a great shot
Stupid kids, no more no less

https://propermanchester.com/trending/marcus-rashford-mural-vandalised-just-an-hour-after-englands-euros-defeat/
By:
Timber
When: 13 Jul 21 18:24
https://twitter.com/TheFergusonWay/status/1414493674377859073/photo/1
Page 4 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo