Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Pleasegivemeanailedontip
12 Jul 21 03:08
| Topic/replies: 2,053 | Blogger: Pleasegivemeanailedontip's blog
A game like that whatever your first question you should congratulate the winners. We seem to be consumed with our loss.

Southgate and Kane lacking in grace
Pause Switch to Standard View No praise for Italy in England...
Show More
Report irishone July 12, 2021 4:55 AM BST
Every game bar one at home ?
Weakest half of the draw.  ?

Not only were Italy the better side

England did not deserve it
Report JC1326 July 12, 2021 7:49 AM BST
Why should we congratulate them? In the end the only difference was a penalty kick. It's like congratulating someone on falling over and finding a fiver.

Irishone will be congratulating them as he's spent the past week in brown underwear, the clueless muppet.
Report irishone July 12, 2021 8:13 AM BST
Clueless ?

Got paid out on the lays and on the penalties.
Not after timing ,all posted up on the forums
So far up your own backsides
Can't handle losing
Sad feckers
Report ericster July 12, 2021 8:48 AM BST
I think nail don has a point but I also think S and K were too stunned by what had happened to give any kind of response and wonder how they're feeling now.
Report Macintoshmatty July 12, 2021 9:04 AM BST
I'm English through and through but think Italy deserved it
Remember they were without what I thought to be their best player when Spinazzola got injured in the quarters plus they came through the toughest of draws
After looking like they were going to get a hiding last night  after the first 20mins they turned it around

I can understand the English guys being disappointed, they'd been hyped up to the hilt on the back of an easy group, a 4-0 win against poor opposition and a semi win against Denmark who played well but were probably let down by their lack of strength in depth

Italy had 3 players in midfield who are comfortable on the ball and can create, we only have one and Southgate can't fit him into to his side, he'd rather have 8 defenders and hope for a set piece or bit of luck

Well done Italy, you broke my heart ( well ruined my tournament anyway)
Report unitedbiscuits July 12, 2021 9:13 AM BST
I thought the ref did well.

Yes, a lack of grace but, more importantly a lack of courage.

England hid, until eventually they were found out.
Report Timber July 12, 2021 9:19 AM BST
They weren't found out, it was a draw
Report JC1326 July 12, 2021 9:47 AM BST
I think unitedbiscuits is too thick to understand that, Timber. We got find out with the last kick of the tournament Crazy

Ref was useless too. Can't be the only one as well that finds it a bit questionable how a billionaire gets the final. Not that I'm accusing EUFA of being corrupt in any fashion
Report hong kong fooey July 12, 2021 9:52 AM BST
Is Timber seething?
Report JC1326 July 12, 2021 10:09 AM BST
why would he be seething? his national side did him proud and was a penalty away from being european champions Confused

only ones seething are the scots and dipsticks like unitedbiscuits, but then they're in a constant state of seeth
Report Timber July 12, 2021 10:15 AM BST
I'm not seething at all, the lads tried their bollocks off for the whole tournament and actually played as a team

No disgrace losing on pens, tbf the Italian pens weren't great.
On another night our keeper could have saved 4 of them
Report unitedbiscuits July 12, 2021 10:43 AM BST
England's defeat was written before it happened. Their fate was sealed when they lost the initiative.

What followed seemed inevitable.

The match was a lesson for all watching: Who dares wins.
Report unitedbiscuits July 12, 2021 10:47 AM BST
It would be interesting to learn the order after the fifth penalty taker for England.

My guess would be

6) Shaw
7)Phillips
8) Sterling
9) Stones
10) Grealish
Report jollyswagman July 12, 2021 10:49 AM BST
The match was a lesson for all watching: Who dares wins.

maybe i was watching a different game but i think the match was won on penalties.
Report JC1326 July 12, 2021 10:50 AM BST

Jul 12, 2021 -- 4:43AM, unitedbiscuits wrote:

England's defeat was written before it happened. Their fate was sealed when they lost the initiative. What followed seemed inevitable.The match was a lesson for all watching: Who dares wins.

Seems more like you're a lesson for all watching, don't sniff glue, kids Laugh

Report lurka July 12, 2021 10:53 AM BST
A few missed pens wasn't the difference between the sides. What game were you watching?

You weren't one pen away from being champs. If Saka had scored you'd have got sudden death only.

Ref had an excellent game. Bit rich to be giving out about the ref after the decision you got in the SF.

The manager watched his team get thoroughly dominated for a good 10 mins before the goal and did nothing because he's a novice with no plan B. It was exactly the same against Croatia at the WC. Everyone could see it, look at the match thread.

That's what England fans should be concentrating on. That's where England should be looking to improve.
Report unitedbiscuits July 12, 2021 11:01 AM BST
Fortune favours the brave and England were not brave enough.
Report irishone July 12, 2021 11:07 AM BST
Yep spot on
Report portmanpark July 12, 2021 11:09 AM BST
italy deserved to win in 90 mins...far better side.....far better coach...
Report Giuseppe July 12, 2021 2:20 PM BST
I'm well used to this, been dealing with it all my life

it is called Italophobia or anti-Italianism, an irrational fear of hositility to Italians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Italianism
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip July 12, 2021 3:46 PM BST
Southgate did a 30 minute press conference, didnt mention Mancini once and his only fleeting mention of Italy was that they ‘are slightly ahead of us in their cycle’.

For someone constantly banging on about messages and role models he doesnt seem to understand basic sporting manners
Report Coachbuster July 12, 2021 4:01 PM BST
praise for Italy ? lol ...apart from Chielini i didn't see a single Italian player  come over to any England players and i guess it would have been the other way around  although i tend to think Southagte ,Kane and Henderson do seem to have a bit of class ...Southgate congratulated Mancini first but Mancini was far  too busy celebrating with his team to truly acknowledge .

After saying that  ,Italy the better team imo after they got going , Lovely  people on the whole and a fantastic country
Report Coachbuster July 12, 2021 4:05 PM BST
on the subject of sporting manners  ...someone needs to  have a word abou ttaking medals off in front of the cameras ...if they want to bin them do it at home  .

i agree having medals for runners up is a bit of a nonsense  but it just looks petulant taking them off in a strop  ...sort of thing a 7 year old would do   ...surprised Sterling kept his on  ...thought he would whip his off sharpish
Report ProSniper July 12, 2021 4:19 PM BST
Too busy SEETHING behind their arrogance to show any grace/class..

Report SontaranStratagem July 12, 2021 4:21 PM BST
I think Italy were a bit disrespected in the build up to the final and felt they had been as well

They deserved respect before the game they are 4 time world champions and former European Champions, playing in their 10th major final, they deserved respect for that alone never mind playing some cracking stuff up until final as well

Mancini has transformed them, 34 game unbeaten run and now European Champions they look a major player for next year as well although they might need to replace Chielini who's getting on, but I'd still take him to Qatar just to have him around as he's a leader

England deserve respect now as well, two successive major semi finals and a major final only lost on the lotto of penalties, they are no longer a figure of fun they are genuine contenders and with a proper manager could go one step further.
Report roache July 12, 2021 4:26 PM BST
Southgate learned nothing from the Croatia semi final whereby we were dominate in the 1st half against Croatia winning 1-0 almost 2-0 then in the 2nd half Croatia were obviously going to change things and they did and totally dominated the 2nd half whereby Southgate changed absolutely nothing as we watched our 1st half superiority turn around to Croatian superiority and they eventually went on to win.

Again against Italy we went 1-0 up and were the better team in the 1st half and what did Southgate think the Italians were going to do in the 2nd leave things as they are ?Not a chance they obviously changed things and what did Southgate do again ? Nothing and the Italians dominated the 2nd half and deserved the equaliser.

So we have the Worldcup semi final and the Euros final whereby we have done the hard bit and gone in front and dominating and Southgate has been shown on both occasions to be sadly lacking when the opponents re organise for the 2nd half and dominate us with Southgate doing nothing to change this and we pay the price losing both matches from a winning position.

Congratulations to Italy best team in the tournament and 34 games unbeaten now says it all,England blew a great chance because the best teams do not always win these tournaments.
Report Coachbuster July 12, 2021 4:31 PM BST
have to agree Italy were the best team of the tournament   ,England second  ....a fitting final
Report SontaranStratagem July 12, 2021 4:32 PM BST
This is why they need to replace him before he's allowed to just let these group of players meander along and constantly make the same mistakes for the next 6 to 8 years in big matches

Get someone in who can alter it when needed

Dean Smith has done enough for me to be given a shot, the players coming through are once in a lifetime and they shouldn't be left to Southgates defensive c*ap

But all that's happening today is talk of racism... ffs
Report SontaranStratagem July 12, 2021 4:33 PM BST
France lost on home soil in 2016 and came back stronger remember

England aren't as good as that French team at its peak but they are good enough now because they've proved it
Report ProSniper July 12, 2021 4:36 PM BST
Winning matches(in ultra boring manner): "C'mon Sir Gareth!".."We're all behind you"!.."It's coming home!!"..

Finally put in place by superior outfit: "We need a proper manager"

Report SontaranStratagem July 12, 2021 4:36 PM BST
People say they ain't as good as Ferdinand, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard etc I beg to differ

Remember that lot failing to even qualify for a major tournament in 2008, a bunch of overrated clowns that lot

This lot actually do look like a "team"...
Report Coachbuster July 12, 2021 4:38 PM BST
2-3 to croatia sonts lol ,wally with the brolley  Grin
Report Coachbuster July 12, 2021 4:39 PM BST
does anyone know what price croatia was that night on Betfair ?
Report SontaranStratagem July 12, 2021 4:40 PM BST
Pro Sniper

I've been saying that about Southgate for yonks, eventually that style will get found out, you can't keep defending your way through matches not against better opposition

Replace him with a proactive manager and you'd see a different mentality, a more attacking one at least

And bare in mind they didn't actually lose last night, they lost on the outcome to decide a winner with penalties

The game was officially a draw
Report Coachbuster July 12, 2021 4:40 PM BST
my history says i was on correct score that night but no match odds
Report jamesdean July 12, 2021 5:03 PM BST
England deserve respect now as well, two successive major semi finals and a major final only lost on the lotto of penalties, they are no longer a figure of fun they are genuine contenders and with a proper manager could go one step further.

They had 2 of the easiest routes ever to semis of world cup then this euros. Shown up anytime they meet one decent. Absolute miles away from being
genuine contenders for any trophy. Get real
Report Coachbuster July 12, 2021 5:05 PM BST
we did beat Jerry though
Report jamesdean July 12, 2021 5:08 PM BST
Germany been on steep decline for years, didnt even get out their group last world cup. Got beat from south korea iirc
They struggled against Hungary this tournament as well
Report jamesdean July 12, 2021 5:15 PM BST
England are just OK. Not one of the big teams, more 2nd tier.

Theyve had their chances with easy draws last 2 comps and still got found out when it mattered both times. Would still have Spain/France/Belguim/Italy (obviously)/Brazil/Argentina in front of them. Possibly Holland with a fit VVD
Report SontaranStratagem July 12, 2021 5:17 PM BST

Jul 12, 2021 -- 11:03AM, jamesdean wrote:

England deserve respect now as well, two successive major semi finals and a major final only lost on the lotto of penalties, they are no longer a figure of fun they are genuine contenders and with a proper manager could go one step further.They had 2 of the easiest routes ever to semis of world cup then this euros. Shown up anytime they meet one decent. Absolute miles away from beinggenuine contenders for any trophy. Get real

They made a final and lost on penalties

That makes them contenders in my eyes

I'd put 4 or 5 teams above them including Brazil and Argentina but on their day they can beat them

Report jamesdean July 12, 2021 5:25 PM BST
They would need the luck of the draw again then a lot of luck in the actual games themselves.
They also had 6 out of their 7 games at home this tournament and cheated Denmark in the semis to get to the final

Yesterday was their chance and they blew it. Football aint coming home again
Report jamesdean July 12, 2021 5:28 PM BST
They can beat anyone on their day ofc, winning a trophy though, na
Report SontaranStratagem July 12, 2021 5:29 PM BST
Maybe maybe not

But this is where a more attacking manager could get them over the line, or maybe they rely on defensive structure to stay in games who knows

But there's no out and out special side at the moment, they could win a major tournament because all the teams bar 2 or 3 play very similar styles
Report jamesdean July 12, 2021 5:32 PM BST
Aye, there's no clear fav any tournament just now. This Euros lacked a  true quality side imo which however made it a great watch at times
Report roache July 12, 2021 5:53 PM BST
I thought Italy were the quality side however they even needed to win the semis and final by pens but its 34 games unbeaten and counting
Report JC1326 July 12, 2021 6:00 PM BST
I find it amusing when I see smelly Scots like jamesdean commenting on top class football. Feels like a burger flipper at McDonalds giving us his opinions on Filet Mignon.
Report unitedbiscuits July 12, 2021 6:04 PM BST
I find it amusing when I see smelly Scots like jamesdean commenting on top class football. Feels like a burger flipper at McDonalds giving us his opinions on Filet Mignon.

That doesn't make much sense JC.

Scots often have a more dispassionate view about the relative merits of footballers around the world because their home product is pretty basic.
Report JC1326 July 12, 2021 6:09 PM BST
It would take a billion pound investment to get their home product to ''pretty basic''. That would be the leagues new title, from the SPL to the Pretty Basic Premier League. At least all their international hopes and dreams wouldn't revolve around somebody else's country.
Report ProSniper July 12, 2021 6:23 PM BST
JC, were U one of the seething neanderthals smashing the place up last night?

Report unitedbiscuits July 12, 2021 6:26 PM BST
I think you're being too small, there JC1326.

Football is one family and when football is the winner - as it was last night - we should all celebrate in amity.

National allegiances aside.
Report Coachbuster July 12, 2021 6:29 PM BST
Scottish more succesful than us English if you go by per head of population  ..England underchieved Scots overachieved ...

In the last century it wasnt unusual for Scotland to Qualify and England not ... the 1970s was a classic era for this
Report JC1326 July 13, 2021 5:32 PM BST

Jul 12, 2021 -- 12:26PM, unitedbiscuits wrote:

I think you're being too small, there JC1326.Football is one family and when football is the winner - as it was last night - we should all celebrate in amity. National allegiances aside.

Football was the winner? What does that even mean? Crazy That Italy deserved it? They kept the ball well for the second half but aside from a couple of pot shots from Chiesa all they did was scuff one in. Also could have had two players sent off and a penalty conceded, had the ref any balls.

Only winners were the Italians and that sweaty, seething tartan mob, and a few dimwits on here.

Report jamesdean July 13, 2021 6:46 PM BST
A great result for Football. They can't even hand it to England on a plate, Engerlaand still find a way to fk it up.
Report unitedbiscuits July 13, 2021 8:34 PM BST
Football was the winner? What does that even mean? Crazy That Italy deserved it? They kept the ball well for the second half but aside from a couple of pot shots from Chiesa all they did was scuff one in. Also could have had two players sent off and a penalty conceded, had the ref any balls.- JC1326

England were playing for the final whistle from the moment they scored - they wasted time, didn't want to attack, didn't even want to keep the ball. On another night, those tactics would have prevailed, England would have crawled over the line and Lee Dixon would have been ecstatic. But the gods intervened and guided the football back off the post for Italy to score, and justice was served in the end.
Report JC1326 July 14, 2021 8:41 AM BST

Jul 13, 2021 -- 12:46PM, jamesdean wrote:

A great result for Football. They can't even hand it to England on a plate, Engerlaand still find a way to fk it up.

Didn't your bunch of clowns have two home games and two comprehensive defeats? Laugh

Report the fink sisters July 14, 2021 10:37 AM BST
Italy no doubt the better side. As the game unfolded, it felt pretty much like the semi final against Croatia. Dropping deeper and deeper, we were certain to concede. No shots on target after the goal.

Well done Italy, you deserved it. Still proud of the team. Only in England would you go from moaning about losses to Iceland and other gutless early exits to moaning about losses in semi finals and finals.

I don’t subscribe to the theory that we’re among the favourites for Qatar. Very different conditions and we’ll undoubtedly face a much tougher draw next time assuming we qualify.
Report the fink sisters July 14, 2021 10:41 AM BST
The late great Bobby Robson would have congratulated Italy for sure. He even congratulated Argentina after that handball.....
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip July 14, 2021 12:55 PM BST
Different sport but the australian captain after the jonny wilkinson final was very good too. An even game separated by one kick and five minutes later hes congratulating the england team and praising their fans, no hint of feeling sorry for himself.

Southgate could barely acknowledge there was another team involved
Report roache July 14, 2021 10:03 PM BST
Whilst Southgate has done well he has still made a pigs ear of 2 massive games in that we did the hard bit in both WC and Euros going 1-0 up and then caved in during both 2nd halfs offering absolutely nothing in an attacking sense and foolishly trying to cling on to the lead in both games and surprise surprise when the opposition are totally dominating you they might even score what a shock, we needed to try and score a 2nd in both games and kill off the opposition,Southgate has just blown the best ever chance we will ever get at winning the Euros with the favourable draw,playing at home and actually 1-0 up playing well and slightly on top in the 1st half to complete negativity and just trying to keep the Italians out, 55 years and counting, i am losing hope as its never going to be but at half time on Sunday we were dreaming that it was going to be.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com