Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
going skint
07 Jul 21 22:48
| Topic/replies: 954 | Blogger: going skint's blog
chilwell not even on the bench in one of the worst england teams ever assembled
grealish off ,donkey on
makes fat sweaty sam look like kevin keegan
Pause Switch to Standard View own goal and a dodgy penno - gareth...
Show More
Report grayhawk July 7, 2021 11:30 PM BST
What decisions would you have made in that game going skint?
Report casemoney July 7, 2021 11:33 PM BST
LaughWe never looked like getting beat once we scored
Report 11kv July 7, 2021 11:37 PM BST
yeh but we get to see more of Maya jama and Alex Scott....Love
Report going skint July 7, 2021 11:51 PM BST
although the tubby bloke has been decent,he is not in the same class as chilwell
chilwell is faster,sharper,has better first time delivery and is a much bigger goal threat
a crime not to play himm
gareth is too negative
no need to pull grealish against a pub standard danish team that were creased up with fatigue
so dull
come back fat sweaty sam
Report scandanavian_haven July 7, 2021 11:52 PM BST
What will people say if England beat Italy ?

that this was not vintage Italy

there's literally been an excuse for every win lol.

some people are just never happy
Report Hank Hill July 7, 2021 11:56 PM BST
Some people can never be satisfied. Southgate has got England to their second final - yes, second ever ffs. I might not always agree with his picks but cmo'n I thought I'd die before I saw England in a final.
Report casemoney July 7, 2021 11:56 PM BST
Cooonts going n about a Dodgy Pen, had no  Probs with a dwarf punching the ball in ,All be it the greatest player in the world Laugh
Report Coachbuster July 7, 2021 11:59 PM BST
yep and probably the most difficult of finals to get to with the quality out there . They ramble on about 1966 but you only had a handful of quality teams years ago ... as recently as 1992 you only had 8 teams in the finals
Report edy July 8, 2021 12:27 AM BST
There's been some stunning negativity towards someone who has led the English national team to some of their most successful tournaments back to back.

What gives?
Report going skint July 8, 2021 12:30 AM BST
would rather lose than watch this negative,turgid sh1te
like not having a jump for 50 years then ending the drought with a go on jennifer saunders
Report Deplasterer July 8, 2021 12:31 AM BST
No doubt it was never a pen but the best team won, and I'm saying that as an Irishman.
Report lurka July 8, 2021 12:38 AM BST
I think Southgate is limited in tactical nous and experience, but he's made up for it by playing smart and learning from previous mistakes. He's managed to make an error prone defence and keeper almost watertight and doesn't try to play football in midfield against anyone.

If you look at England's passing maps it's almost like there's a hole in the middle of the pitch 4 times the size of the centre circle.

At the end of the day it's about winning the comp and he's done what better managers wouldn't have been able to do imo. He's ridden his luck with draws etc but fair play to him. This comp has been won 3 times since 1992 by teams playing like this.
Report casemoney July 8, 2021 1:39 AM BST
He has a team of great talent , Rome was not built in a day ,Hopefully it will fall in 90 minutes on Sunday ..
Report DirkDiggler July 8, 2021 3:20 AM BST
chilwell not even on the bench in one of the worst england teams ever assembled
grealish off ,donkey on
makes fat sweaty sam look like kevin keegan

No wonder you're skint!!!

Laugh
Report sparrow July 8, 2021 5:32 AM BST
Agree with dirk.
Report irishone July 8, 2021 5:36 AM BST
In the 104th minute in the semi-final match between England and Denmark, a penalty was awarded after Danish footballer Joakim Mæhle reportedly fouled English player Raheem Sterling. Harry Kane's penalty kick was stopped, but he was able to put in the rebound. The penalty decision was criticized after the match,[by whom?] as many people[who?] argued that there was not evidence for any tackle or foul made by Mæhle, and that Sterling himself fell down. Danish coach Kasper Hjulmand expressed his dissatisfaction with the penalty decision shortly after the match in a press conference.[278] On the other hand, some English publications cited refereeing errors that favored Denmark as an attempt to diminish the perceived impact of the awarded penalty on the game. The Birmingham Mail claimed Denmark disrupted the English wall during a critical free kick that led to the opening goal of the match, and that said goal should have been disallowed as a result.[279]

Danish goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel reportedly had a laser pointed towards his eye during Kane's penalty.[280] Coach Hjulmand also highlighted an incident where two balls were on the field, expressing further dissatisfaction with the match result and the referee in charge of the match.[281]
Report irishone July 8, 2021 5:39 AM BST
A manager subs a sub
Never a good sign
Report sofaking July 8, 2021 6:10 AM BST
Yeah, pointing a laser at Schmeichel's eyes for the penalty was a new low.
Report Whisperingdeath July 8, 2021 6:29 AM BST
A  new low is the amount of Rebellious Scots to crush posting their seethes on here.

You are not English. You  never will be. Concentrate on your face make up and putting your skirts on the right way

Good night
Report Whisperingdeath July 8, 2021 6:34 AM BST
Having sId that I don’t like Southgate’s tic tacs at all. Boring negative. Two holding midfielders, sad. Denmark should have been destroyed last night and we scraped an odd goal win with a lucky penalty. Did Denmark have 9 or 10 men left at the end. We would never have coped with the Spanish press.

Southgate is his own man and his method has worked but this group of players has so much more to offer.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK July 8, 2021 7:07 AM BST
No ****g about Sunday
Swop mount for heno
Where park two buses hope

Watching our midfield ****g hideous
That game last night was horrible watch
Report Timber July 8, 2021 7:17 AM BST
Just watched the game again

England were massively dominant in the 2nd half and extra time

KANE HAD A CAST IRON PENALTY TURNED DOWN IN THE 74TH MINUTE

Absolute stonewall
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK July 8, 2021 7:31 AM BST
To be honest Danes where there for pens from outset
But will only know how to play one way job could of been done in 90 min easy
But won’t unleash us
Report irishone July 8, 2021 7:47 AM BST
I have been in his company fats
....and he is as boring as feck
Report TheBetterBettor July 8, 2021 8:06 AM BST
Two balls on a pitch...
Lazer pen still beaming.
Dodgy V.A.R. inforced....
Never stopped me diving.
Report portmanpark July 8, 2021 8:49 AM BST
as an englishman glad we won but the manner left a bitter taste....that was never a penalty in a million years....only roy spoke out and called it....diving should be eradicated.....where was VAR
Report portmanpark July 8, 2021 8:49 AM BST
as an englishman glad we won but the manner left a bitter taste....that was never a penalty in a million years....only roy spoke out and called it....diving should be eradicated.....where was VAR
Report portmanpark July 8, 2021 8:50 AM BST
would add we were the better team
Report kincsem July 8, 2021 9:01 AM BST
Diego Maradona, Thierry Henry, Toni Schumacker, Ben Johnson, Lance Armstrong, Raheem Sterling .... you boys been cheating.
Report punchestown July 8, 2021 9:02 AM BST
Thought Spain were the better team over Italy in the other semi but it doesn't work like that.

It was a scandalous penalty decision but for VAR not to overturn it is where the real mystery is.England had most of the play during the match but Denmark will feel they were absolutely robbed.

Kane would have been awarded a penalty earlier if he hadn't barged his way through.
Report loui July 8, 2021 9:06 AM BST
The Danes manager took of the 2 forwards who were a thorn in England's side all night, and the game changed from there. England took over the game because their goal threat became nil. Bet the Danish press are on his back today. Southgate sounds like a reverand after morning service most of the time, would make a glass eye cry.
Report GAZO July 8, 2021 9:08 AM BST
this is the difference between this team and out golden generation,just a bit of luck,the draw has dropped nice in the last two tournaments,the soft pen and lack of a outstanding team,all would have gone against previous england teams,lets just take it whilst its there
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 8, 2021 9:12 AM BST
Southgate has proved himself as a brilliant tactical coach imo. He really studies the opponents and sets the team up well to beat them. Personally I disagree with taking off Grealish as it just invited them on for the last 15 minutes and I always think it's better to try and keep the ball away from your goal in that position.

Disagree with some lad above about this being the most difficult tournament for us to win. We've had every game at home except for the one against some Eastern European bartenders. Apart from a fast fading German team we've been long odds on to win every one of our games.

That said, you can only win your games and they have done. I've got a nice payout if they do win but my head says Italy's midfield might be too good for them on sunday. I'll need to back them a little to get a return I think.
Report raspberrybottom July 8, 2021 9:18 AM BST
Just about every player in every team cheats these days.

It's a fact - from appealing for every throw-in, goal-kick, corner, free-kick, foul etc to time-wasting and feigning injury when they know damn well

the decision should be for the other side.(a real bugbear is when a player goes down holding his face and a replay clearly shows his face wasn't

touched at all) Players are also encouraged to employ these dodgy tactics - they call it being street-wise.

It's the reason I rarely watch "big time" football these days. Prefer watching non-league games live where the majority of players get stuck in and give 100% (and the standard is surprisingly good) and they get paid very little.
Report HallGreenSpy July 8, 2021 9:24 AM BST
Yes it was a soft penalty and VAR could have overturned it but where was VAR earlier when England had a stonewaller turned down?? Tbf, I have much preferred the use of VAR in  this tourney. Get ready from the old bollox when the prem starts again. As for the ref, personally thought he gave more to the Danes than the English. Needed eagle eyes to see the foul that led to their goal. When are they ever given ffs. In the box there'd be a pen every corner. Was utterly aghast that he took Grealish off as England were dominant at the time and just invited a little late pressure. We were poor in midfield last night and he should play Henderson in the final for me. Someone who can actually get the ball to the front three. Harry Kane shouldn't have to keep playing so deep and ideally he should be on the end of such passes that he made for England first goal. Don't see that from the 2 holdres. Hendo could and should be that man. Best team won but it was far from impressive.
Report ericster July 8, 2021 9:54 AM BST
OKAY,,,
It wasn't pretty,
we won ugly,
like England have never been sent packing on the back of dubious refereeing,

and?

Take it and run,
milk it for all it's worth,
I say.

Denmark have every right to feel aggrieved? maybe?
Like "the hand of god", this result is set to live long in the memory.
If they'd found a way, been smart enough, clever enough, [good enough] even, it might not have come down to a questionable pen.
Sh1t happens eh?

Good luck England.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B July 8, 2021 10:28 AM BST
PP and raspberry

Both good summaries I thought.

Let's be honest though that's an outrageous penalty they guy never touched him he just fell over and that's given?

Typical bised fans by the way.  I asked a friend of mine do you admit that's not a penalty surely?  And he of course replied "Yes it was a cert' penalty".  Why can't fans simply be honest, England would still be through so it makes no difference but admit the truth ffs.
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 8, 2021 10:28 AM BST
Wasn't a great game though, and we're not the entertainers are we. Spent most of the game trying to work out anagrams of the Danish manager's name.

Lank lad jumpers was probably the best I got.
Report spyker July 8, 2021 10:54 AM BST
would rather lose than watch this negative,turgid sh1te

You're right of course Eng had 60% odd of the  ball and 20 shots o goal as opposed to Italy 35% odd and 8 shots was it in their match. You are clearly a fantastic judge.
Report Johnny The Guesser July 8, 2021 10:58 AM BST
Anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a free kick. Yes he made the most of it but still a foul.
Report Blockfire July 8, 2021 11:00 AM BST
Yes Lou, why can't people tell the truth eh!? Crazy
Report sageform July 8, 2021 11:03 AM BST
The own goal would have been a goal what ever happened as the defender was too close to the goal to steer it round and Sterling was right next to him. The only goal that Denmark scored was a long free kick that would have been missed 9 times out of 10. The result is all that matters. At this level every game is decided by luck.
Report portmanpark July 8, 2021 11:07 AM BST
sageform..and a bit of diving
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B July 8, 2021 11:13 AM BST
sage

Yes again I agree it would have been a tap in for Sterling so fair enough.

But that was a penalty?.  I'd love to put this HONESTLY to the England fans or fans of whatever club you support in the leagues.  If that was given the against England or your Club side would you still be saying "Yes that's a penalty"?

Come on the guy didn't touch him.  Then the person in the crowd shining a beam into the Keeper's eyes at the spot kick?  No doubt if it went to penalties he was set up to shine it for every one.  Not fair to win the game like that sorry.
Report sageform July 8, 2021 11:14 AM BST
There were at least a dozen similar tackles penalised outside the area so why not?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B July 8, 2021 11:20 AM BST
sage

Ok so I'll ask you this and all we can do is surmise as a grown up you won't lie you'll be HONEST don't forget.

If that's given against your club side or England you would be saying the same thing?
Report portmanpark July 8, 2021 11:21 AM BST
sageform...if you think that was a pen book a trip to specsavers...if not for your safety but  for others
Report Blockfire July 8, 2021 11:23 AM BST
Who cares if it was a Pen or not, about time England had some luck in a Euro game.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B July 8, 2021 11:24 AM BST
sage

You still haven't answered?
Report portmanpark July 8, 2021 11:24 AM BST
the match went perfect for me..i backed denmark+1 so my money was already won
Report sageform July 8, 2021 11:29 AM BST
I am not is possession of a rule book but several English players were penalised for what looked to me to be identical fouls which can be described as putting your leg across in front of the player with the ball and impeding his progress. I agree that many players fall over but that is because referees rarely penalise foul tackles unless the player falls down which is ridiculous but it is a fact.
Report sageform July 8, 2021 11:30 AM BST
I will not be back in front of my computer for a while so don't wait for a reply.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B July 8, 2021 11:35 AM BST
sage

So do you think that was a penalty HONESTLY if it was given against England.

Like I said we can only surmise you'll be honest so YES or NO?
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 8, 2021 11:43 AM BST
fwiw, I'm not so certain it wasn't a pen. I don't think there was a single angle that made it conclusive either way from what I saw, and my suspicion is more that the guy to Sterling's left may have nudged him or come across him. My thought at that moment is it was a pen, and we know players will maximise contact and make a deal of it.

I've certainly not seen enough that would have me yelling conspiracy if it went against my team.
Report SontaranStratagem July 8, 2021 11:43 AM BST
I've had to get of social media today its fecking nauseating

The vindaloo song with Paddy McGuiness ffs please god almighty let Italy win on Sunday

All the "celebrity" hanger ons jumping all over it now to boot just means its going to be stupid season if they win it

This is why the Scots/Welsh/Irish root for the other side ffs
Report SontaranStratagem July 8, 2021 11:44 AM BST
Its done one thing.... Killed the virus it seems

Amazing eh
Report Blockfire July 8, 2021 11:47 AM BST
You're a Virus to this country.
Report SontaranStratagem July 8, 2021 11:50 AM BST
I ain't a virus to nothing

Good luck stomaching that if they win it

I will be avoiding the internet and social places for a few weeks (If they win it) after Sunday

Its already unbearable and they've only made the final ffs
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 8, 2021 11:53 AM BST
if ref doesnt give pen, then var doesnt over rule, same as it didnt

in other 2.

hendersons looked a pen, but we hardly saw it replayed.
Report SontaranStratagem July 8, 2021 11:54 AM BST
At least the scots/welsh etc don't have to be around the stupidity

Some of the stupidity last night in London esp was over the top
Report Blockfire July 8, 2021 11:54 AM BST
When history is made Sonts people like to celebrate. Do you think Cardiff would be quiet if Wales got the final?
Report Blockfire July 8, 2021 11:55 AM BST
*Got to the final?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 8, 2021 11:55 AM BST
maybe we will get a few decisions go our way in the final

certainly due a few
Report SontaranStratagem July 8, 2021 12:08 PM BST
The Welsh wouldn't have had 20% of the rubbish we're going to endure if they win it though

I understand being happy and celebrating but its the over the top stupidity we're on the verge of getting

Keith Lemon, Paddy McGuiness, Stormzy, proper no body Z list celebrities seeing an opportunity to cash in on it all

They don't give a s*it about England that lot just want the attention

And then there's busses being trashed by the loonies, only in England do we get loons trashing the place when they achieve something

Bus stop down my street done over last night with "its coming home" sprayed on the pavement at the side of it ...
Report SontaranStratagem July 8, 2021 12:09 PM BST
Half the loonies don't even know what that song is they've just gone along with the madness of it all
Report spyker July 8, 2021 3:39 PM BST
Nobody has mentioned that the 'foul' that led to the danish goal wasn't - or at least if it was then the ref should be blowing up at every instance like that which would resulting in about 1000 fouls a game. The pen was more of a foul than the danish foul but  much less than the one not given in the 78th m.
Report spyker July 8, 2021 3:45 PM BST
Its done one thing.... Killed the virus it seems

Except it hasn't:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57754938

England's Euro 2020 progress could be behind infections rising faster among men than women in the past two weeks, Imperial College London data suggests.
The React study, which tested more than 47,000 volunteers across England between 24 June and 5 July, confirms a "substantial third wave of infections".
And the men were 30% more likely than the women to test positive for Covid.
The infections had not translated into a large number of people in hospital or dying, however, the study found.
And vaccinated men and women were much less likely than others to catch the virus.
"It could be that watching football is resulting in men having more social activity than usual," report author Prof Steven Riley said.
How can I watch the Euros final with my friends?
The report also found:
prevalence of the virus had risen from 0.15% in early June to 0.59% in early July
big rises in infections across all age groups under 75 and especially among younger people
1.33% of the 13-17 and 1.4% of the 18-24-year-olds were infected
London had seen the largest increase in infections - to 1.08%
vaccinated under-65s were three times less likely to be infected than unvaccinated people of the same age
two vaccine doses gave 72% protection against a positive test result
The study results show a similar pattern to the Office for National Statistics (ONS) survey data published weekly, which also uses tests of people in the community.
"We are entering a critical period with a number of important competing processes," the report says.
They include:
the continued vaccination rollout to the whole adult population
increased natural immunity through infection
reduced social mixing of children during school holidays
more mixing outdoors during summer
In addition, on 19 July, the government is lifting all remaining Covid restrictions in England - including all legal limits on social interactions and rules on numbers of people attending large events and performances.
Face coverings will also no longer be mandatory indoors, although people are advised to wear one where necessary.
Future infection rates were difficult to predict, the researchers said.
But the prime minister has made clear cases are expected to rise as society opens up.
How could life change on 19 July?
Millions could end up self-isolating this summer
I'm fully vaccinated, but how can I prove it?
React programme director Prof Paul Elliott, from Imperial's School of Public Health, said: "In spite of the successful rollout of the vaccination programme, we are still seeing rapid growth in infections, especially among younger people.
"However, it is encouraging to see lower infection prevalence in people who have had both doses of a vaccine."
It was essential as many people as possible took up both vaccine doses when offered, he added.
Report SontaranStratagem July 8, 2021 4:00 PM BST
Women are at these games to ffs

Its actually funny that
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 8, 2021 4:35 PM BST
50:50?
Report Whisperingdeath July 8, 2021 4:39 PM BST
The Welsh wouldn't have had 20% of the rubbish we're going to endure if they win it though

So the Welsh did not have a Victory Parade through the streets of Cardiff 4 years ago? Excuse me but they got knocked out and won Sweet not Caroline but FA!

Bitter and twisted!
Report SontaranStratagem July 8, 2021 5:55 PM BST
They didn't have a victory parade Laugh

Wales didn't go of like our lot last night, wrecking the streets and smashing buses up Crazy
Report Whisperingdeath July 8, 2021 5:58 PM BST
That's right it wasn't a victory parade they lost!

Wales will return home from Euro 2016 to an open-top bus parade on Friday as they celebrate reaching the semi-finals in France through the streets of Cardiff to what is certain to be a heroes reception.

Despite suffering an agonising 2-0 loss to Portugal in their semi-final
Report SontaranStratagem July 8, 2021 6:21 PM BST
If so that was sad

But they didn't go off like our lot have
Report FOYLESWAR July 8, 2021 6:37 PM BST
op changed  his name from going skint to notapottapishin!
Report spyker July 8, 2021 6:51 PM BST
Its not just matches but watching pubs/fanparks etc - obv generally a male thing as many threads on here attest to with the misogyny  on show Shirley?
Report SontaranStratagem July 8, 2021 7:30 PM BST
No we're just lonely p*ss pots who aren't getting any, spyker Sad
Report blunder July 8, 2021 7:58 PM BST
I know whose happier, out of the people who have wanted England to win this tournament ,and those who don't. Do I agree with everything Southgate has done so far ? No ,but then I am not the England manager . He's done a fantastic job , even if we get beaten on Sunday. Perhaps going skint  has laid us !
Report ericster July 8, 2021 8:10 PM BST
blunder, we're all experts and we've all criticised him, but we're in the final, and that [really is] the bottom line.
Report portmanpark July 8, 2021 8:18 PM BST
rumours are man utd are thinking of sacking ole and placing gareth at the wheel.....would utd fans be happy if that happened??
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com