Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
going skint
07 Jul 21 22:48
| Topic/replies: 954 | Blogger: going skint's blog
chilwell not even on the bench in one of the worst england teams ever assembled
grealish off ,donkey on
makes fat sweaty sam look like kevin keegan

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 79
By:
grayhawk
When: 07 Jul 21 23:30
What decisions would you have made in that game going skint?
By:
casemoney
When: 07 Jul 21 23:33
LaughWe never looked like getting beat once we scored
By:
11kv
When: 07 Jul 21 23:37
yeh but we get to see more of Maya jama and Alex Scott....Love
By:
going skint
When: 07 Jul 21 23:51
although the tubby bloke has been decent,he is not in the same class as chilwell
chilwell is faster,sharper,has better first time delivery and is a much bigger goal threat
a crime not to play himm
gareth is too negative
no need to pull grealish against a pub standard danish team that were creased up with fatigue
so dull
come back fat sweaty sam
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 07 Jul 21 23:52
What will people say if England beat Italy ?

that this was not vintage Italy

there's literally been an excuse for every win lol.

some people are just never happy
By:
Hank Hill
When: 07 Jul 21 23:56
Some people can never be satisfied. Southgate has got England to their second final - yes, second ever ffs. I might not always agree with his picks but cmo'n I thought I'd die before I saw England in a final.
By:
casemoney
When: 07 Jul 21 23:56
Cooonts going n about a Dodgy Pen, had no  Probs with a dwarf punching the ball in ,All be it the greatest player in the world Laugh
By:
Coachbuster
When: 07 Jul 21 23:59
yep and probably the most difficult of finals to get to with the quality out there . They ramble on about 1966 but you only had a handful of quality teams years ago ... as recently as 1992 you only had 8 teams in the finals
By:
edy
When: 08 Jul 21 00:27
There's been some stunning negativity towards someone who has led the English national team to some of their most successful tournaments back to back.

What gives?
By:
going skint
When: 08 Jul 21 00:30
would rather lose than watch this negative,turgid sh1te
like not having a jump for 50 years then ending the drought with a go on jennifer saunders
By:
Deplasterer
When: 08 Jul 21 00:31
No doubt it was never a pen but the best team won, and I'm saying that as an Irishman.
By:
lurka
When: 08 Jul 21 00:38
I think Southgate is limited in tactical nous and experience, but he's made up for it by playing smart and learning from previous mistakes. He's managed to make an error prone defence and keeper almost watertight and doesn't try to play football in midfield against anyone.

If you look at England's passing maps it's almost like there's a hole in the middle of the pitch 4 times the size of the centre circle.

At the end of the day it's about winning the comp and he's done what better managers wouldn't have been able to do imo. He's ridden his luck with draws etc but fair play to him. This comp has been won 3 times since 1992 by teams playing like this.
By:
casemoney
When: 08 Jul 21 01:39
He has a team of great talent , Rome was not built in a day ,Hopefully it will fall in 90 minutes on Sunday ..
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 08 Jul 21 03:20
chilwell not even on the bench in one of the worst england teams ever assembled
grealish off ,donkey on
makes fat sweaty sam look like kevin keegan

No wonder you're skint!!!

Laugh
By:
sparrow
When: 08 Jul 21 05:32
Agree with dirk.
By:
irishone
When: 08 Jul 21 05:36
In the 104th minute in the semi-final match between England and Denmark, a penalty was awarded after Danish footballer Joakim Mæhle reportedly fouled English player Raheem Sterling. Harry Kane's penalty kick was stopped, but he was able to put in the rebound. The penalty decision was criticized after the match,[by whom?] as many people[who?] argued that there was not evidence for any tackle or foul made by Mæhle, and that Sterling himself fell down. Danish coach Kasper Hjulmand expressed his dissatisfaction with the penalty decision shortly after the match in a press conference.[278] On the other hand, some English publications cited refereeing errors that favored Denmark as an attempt to diminish the perceived impact of the awarded penalty on the game. The Birmingham Mail claimed Denmark disrupted the English wall during a critical free kick that led to the opening goal of the match, and that said goal should have been disallowed as a result.[279]

Danish goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel reportedly had a laser pointed towards his eye during Kane's penalty.[280] Coach Hjulmand also highlighted an incident where two balls were on the field, expressing further dissatisfaction with the match result and the referee in charge of the match.[281]
By:
irishone
When: 08 Jul 21 05:39
A manager subs a sub
Never a good sign
By:
sofaking
When: 08 Jul 21 06:10
Yeah, pointing a laser at Schmeichel's eyes for the penalty was a new low.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 08 Jul 21 06:29
A  new low is the amount of Rebellious Scots to crush posting their seethes on here.

You are not English. You  never will be. Concentrate on your face make up and putting your skirts on the right way

Good night
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 08 Jul 21 06:34
Having sId that I don’t like Southgate’s tic tacs at all. Boring negative. Two holding midfielders, sad. Denmark should have been destroyed last night and we scraped an odd goal win with a lucky penalty. Did Denmark have 9 or 10 men left at the end. We would never have coped with the Spanish press.

Southgate is his own man and his method has worked but this group of players has so much more to offer.
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 08 Jul 21 07:07
No ****g about Sunday
Swop mount for heno
Where park two buses hope

Watching our midfield ****g hideous
That game last night was horrible watch
By:
Timber
When: 08 Jul 21 07:17
Just watched the game again

England were massively dominant in the 2nd half and extra time

KANE HAD A CAST IRON PENALTY TURNED DOWN IN THE 74TH MINUTE

Absolute stonewall
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 08 Jul 21 07:31
To be honest Danes where there for pens from outset
But will only know how to play one way job could of been done in 90 min easy
But won’t unleash us
By:
irishone
When: 08 Jul 21 07:47
I have been in his company fats
....and he is as boring as feck
By:
TheBetterBettor
When: 08 Jul 21 08:06
Two balls on a pitch...
Lazer pen still beaming.
Dodgy V.A.R. inforced....
Never stopped me diving.
By:
portmanpark
When: 08 Jul 21 08:49
as an englishman glad we won but the manner left a bitter taste....that was never a penalty in a million years....only roy spoke out and called it....diving should be eradicated.....where was VAR
By:
portmanpark
When: 08 Jul 21 08:49
as an englishman glad we won but the manner left a bitter taste....that was never a penalty in a million years....only roy spoke out and called it....diving should be eradicated.....where was VAR
By:
portmanpark
When: 08 Jul 21 08:50
would add we were the better team
By:
kincsem
When: 08 Jul 21 09:01
Diego Maradona, Thierry Henry, Toni Schumacker, Ben Johnson, Lance Armstrong, Raheem Sterling .... you boys been cheating.
By:
punchestown
When: 08 Jul 21 09:02
Thought Spain were the better team over Italy in the other semi but it doesn't work like that.

It was a scandalous penalty decision but for VAR not to overturn it is where the real mystery is.England had most of the play during the match but Denmark will feel they were absolutely robbed.

Kane would have been awarded a penalty earlier if he hadn't barged his way through.
By:
loui
When: 08 Jul 21 09:06
The Danes manager took of the 2 forwards who were a thorn in England's side all night, and the game changed from there. England took over the game because their goal threat became nil. Bet the Danish press are on his back today. Southgate sounds like a reverand after morning service most of the time, would make a glass eye cry.
By:
GAZO
When: 08 Jul 21 09:08
this is the difference between this team and out golden generation,just a bit of luck,the draw has dropped nice in the last two tournaments,the soft pen and lack of a outstanding team,all would have gone against previous england teams,lets just take it whilst its there
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 08 Jul 21 09:12
Southgate has proved himself as a brilliant tactical coach imo. He really studies the opponents and sets the team up well to beat them. Personally I disagree with taking off Grealish as it just invited them on for the last 15 minutes and I always think it's better to try and keep the ball away from your goal in that position.

Disagree with some lad above about this being the most difficult tournament for us to win. We've had every game at home except for the one against some Eastern European bartenders. Apart from a fast fading German team we've been long odds on to win every one of our games.

That said, you can only win your games and they have done. I've got a nice payout if they do win but my head says Italy's midfield might be too good for them on sunday. I'll need to back them a little to get a return I think.
By:
raspberrybottom
When: 08 Jul 21 09:18
Just about every player in every team cheats these days.

It's a fact - from appealing for every throw-in, goal-kick, corner, free-kick, foul etc to time-wasting and feigning injury when they know damn well

the decision should be for the other side.(a real bugbear is when a player goes down holding his face and a replay clearly shows his face wasn't

touched at all) Players are also encouraged to employ these dodgy tactics - they call it being street-wise.

It's the reason I rarely watch "big time" football these days. Prefer watching non-league games live where the majority of players get stuck in and give 100% (and the standard is surprisingly good) and they get paid very little.
By:
HallGreenSpy
When: 08 Jul 21 09:24
Yes it was a soft penalty and VAR could have overturned it but where was VAR earlier when England had a stonewaller turned down?? Tbf, I have much preferred the use of VAR in  this tourney. Get ready from the old bollox when the prem starts again. As for the ref, personally thought he gave more to the Danes than the English. Needed eagle eyes to see the foul that led to their goal. When are they ever given ffs. In the box there'd be a pen every corner. Was utterly aghast that he took Grealish off as England were dominant at the time and just invited a little late pressure. We were poor in midfield last night and he should play Henderson in the final for me. Someone who can actually get the ball to the front three. Harry Kane shouldn't have to keep playing so deep and ideally he should be on the end of such passes that he made for England first goal. Don't see that from the 2 holdres. Hendo could and should be that man. Best team won but it was far from impressive.
By:
ericster
When: 08 Jul 21 09:54
OKAY,,,
It wasn't pretty,
we won ugly,
like England have never been sent packing on the back of dubious refereeing,

and?

Take it and run,
milk it for all it's worth,
I say.

Denmark have every right to feel aggrieved? maybe?
Like "the hand of god", this result is set to live long in the memory.
If they'd found a way, been smart enough, clever enough, [good enough] even, it might not have come down to a questionable pen.
Sh1t happens eh?

Good luck England.
By:
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
When: 08 Jul 21 10:28
PP and raspberry

Both good summaries I thought.

Let's be honest though that's an outrageous penalty they guy never touched him he just fell over and that's given?

Typical bised fans by the way.  I asked a friend of mine do you admit that's not a penalty surely?  And he of course replied "Yes it was a cert' penalty".  Why can't fans simply be honest, England would still be through so it makes no difference but admit the truth ffs.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 08 Jul 21 10:28
Wasn't a great game though, and we're not the entertainers are we. Spent most of the game trying to work out anagrams of the Danish manager's name.

Lank lad jumpers was probably the best I got.
By:
spyker
When: 08 Jul 21 10:54
would rather lose than watch this negative,turgid sh1te

You're right of course Eng had 60% odd of the  ball and 20 shots o goal as opposed to Italy 35% odd and 8 shots was it in their match. You are clearly a fantastic judge.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com