Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mesmerised
07 Jul 21 21:39
| Topic/replies: 29,043 | Blogger: mesmerised's blog
it's either coming home or it's going to Rome, my head says Italy, and that's where my money's gone this tournament, but will be happy to lose it, this one and only timeCool

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 35  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 35 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,398
By:
mesmerised
When: 07 Jul 21 21:41
btw, a shame we haven't got any more players like Kane and Sterling.....because Italy have 11 diversLaugh
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 07 Jul 21 21:53
Nice and early,

Cans in fridge,... Check

By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 07 Jul 21 22:04
Say what you think Mat ExcitedLaugh
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 07 Jul 21 22:05
Denmarks free kick leading to goal was soft

One Dane took the other out
ref blamed Mount.

Play on and world's a different place
By:
sofiakenny
When: 07 Jul 21 22:09
Donny...Shaw rugby tackled a Dane for the free kick that they scored off.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 07 Jul 21 22:14
The one straight before that, sofia
By:
Blockfire
When: 07 Jul 21 22:14
*Italy v England
By:
Crisp77
When: 07 Jul 21 22:20
Stick the trophy in the back of the Mini Cooper and head for the Alps
By:
11kv
When: 07 Jul 21 22:22
Poor ole Mat22 done his bank on the Danish what a plum
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 07 Jul 21 22:49
Italy have a massive advantage, a whole 24 hours rest, can't underestimate that.
By:
Coachbuster
When: 07 Jul 21 22:56
I think home advantage is the massive advantage SH...  given this , the betting suggests Italy are the slightly better team .
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 07 Jul 21 22:57
Italy had harder semi, chasing shadows
for long periods, but you'd take
the extra day.

From last 16 start, they've had more
than one extra day.

To counter that England are at home
By:
Capt__F
When: 07 Jul 21 23:05
Grealish be fresh

only did the Okey cokey
By:
lurka
When: 07 Jul 21 23:11
Much harder game for England than tonight imo. Danes looked cooked after an hour. Brought 5 subs on in normal time to 1 for England and still couldn't keep up. That ludicrous trip to Baku and back took a lot out of them, they were on their knees by the end of it. And they still gave England their hardest test yet.

Italy have better players, better in midfield and much more depth and some game changers on the bench. Very little to be impressed about with England tonight but they have been incredibly lucky with draws, travel, Germany game switched to Wembley and then that penalty tonight which was more than luck imo, borderine criminal. They will need that level of luck to keep up imo. Doesn't look to me like they'll give Italy as tough a game as Spain did. Grealish, Mount, Foden really are overrated. I thought Saka was the best of all of them. He wasn't great at times but was more dangerous than all of them too.
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 07 Jul 21 23:12
Its all over then?
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 07 Jul 21 23:13
No point in us turning up really.
By:
Deplasterer
When: 07 Jul 21 23:15
Great for England in final, you have to give dues. But spaghettis are gonna be a hard nut to crack.
By:
lurka
When: 07 Jul 21 23:15
Where did I say that. I just said it will likely be tougher than tonight and England were pretty awful tonight. Do you disagree?
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 07 Jul 21 23:16
Agreed, before tonight's game Italy were way odds on to win the tournament, suddenly England win in extra time and and its all change?? Italy should be the odds on favourites in my opinion.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 07 Jul 21 23:17
italy were odds on because there was a chance they would play Denmark
By:
Coachbuster
When: 07 Jul 21 23:18
the betting says that the strongest team England will have played this tournament are the Jerry's
By:
lurka
Italy's price before tonight reflected the chance that they might meet Denmark.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
It's just so odd, so obvious, yet
nobody fancied us to get this far.

Had they not given the pen we were
still massive favs to win against
a tired and poor team according
to most.

Italys a new game, I'll take
a hand ball winner, or an italian
equaliser ruled out as hawkeye
missed it,...
By:
Coachbuster
When: 07 Jul 21 23:20
were England not second favourites after France at one point ... I still say the choice of the SF and final at Wembley reflects the odds .

France were favs for theirs  and the same will apply next tournament where the big 5 are concerned
By:
lurka
When: 07 Jul 21 23:41
France Germany Portugal prices were higher because they were all in the same group
By:
acey deucy
When: 07 Jul 21 23:51
Home advantage will win it for England anybody that thinks otherwise is a complete fakin Mug.Cool
By:
sofaking
When: 08 Jul 21 03:33

Jul 7, 2021 -- 6:51PM, acey deucy wrote:

Home advantage will win it for England anybody that thinks otherwise is a complete fakin Mug.

let's see if they can handle the immense pressure and expectations though. I think Italy could do a number on them.

By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 08 Jul 21 08:16
England were not awful, the Danish were just very good defensively and hard to break down.
By:
Aspro
When: 08 Jul 21 08:43
I thought Saka was the best of all of them. He wasn't great at times but was more dangerous than all of them too.

He had one solitary play where he beat the offside trap by millimetres and drove a telling cross into the box for an own goal. That was the only telling play he made, otherwise he was way out of his depth, although the other three mentioned (Foden, Mount & Grealish) didn't do much better either to be fair.
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 08 Jul 21 08:55
Wright was singing Sterlings praises way too much after the game when he was just OK, Keane asked him if he was his agent
By:
lurka
When: 08 Jul 21 09:16
The main reason Saka got the nod v Germany and Denmark is that they both play with dangerous wing-backs and Saka is the only one who can defend. Himself and Walker kept Maehle and Gosens virtually anonymous. The manager is defence/clean sheet first and Saka did his job well and Southgate would have been happy with him imo. Maehle looked cooked after about an hour and then he took Saka off and put Grealish on.

Mount was completely anonymous. Grealish did very little. Foden came on when Denmark were on their knees and had only 10 men for the last 15 mins and did very little, although England were running the clock down after they scored the second and not really trying to score.

Saka wasn't great, but at least he had an impact, unlike the other 3. Was he not involved in the chance Sterling hit straight at Schmeichel just before the first goal?
By:
lurka
When: 08 Jul 21 09:40
He took Saka off for Grealish in the 69th minute, same minute he made the same substitution v Germany. Then he switched Sterling onto the right and Grealish left in both games.

Saka's role in both games was primarily defensive - he is not the best you have going forward in that position and he wasn't brilliant in either game going forward - but that wasn't his primary role. He did his primary role very well and had more of an impact than the other 3 combined on the attacking side last night. And two of them came on when the opposition were clearly waning physically.
By:
lurka
When: 08 Jul 21 09:50
Italy play with attacking full backs too. Not sure how Southgate will approach the final but if Spinazzola was playing Saka would be one of the first names on the sheet and mug fans who still don't seem to grasp that the manager is defence/clean sheet first or why he picks Saka would be up in arms over it.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 08 Jul 21 10:19
at times he has a back 6 which goes to a 5 or 4 or down to a 2

funny old system.

jones , assistant coach, was messing around with wingers AND wing backs at newcastle
last season, most odd at times.

5 at back, and 2 wingers put a helluva lot of your resources out wide.

i guess thats why hes got 2 holding mids for balance through middle

leaves one striker unless the wingers get inside

sterling of course comes inside more, but that gives shaw more to do than the right back
whose winger tended to stay wide.
By:
Aspro
When: 09 Jul 21 09:18
Where it began, I can't begin to know when
But then I know it's growing strong
Wasn't the spring
And spring became the summer
Who'd have believe you'd come along

Hands, touching hands, reaching out
Touching me, touching you

Sweet Caroline
Good times never seem so good
I've been inclined
To believe it never would but now I

Look at the night
And it don't seem so lonely
We fill it up with only two

And when I hurt
Hurting runs off my shoulder
How can I hurt when holding you

One, touching one, reaching out
Touching me, touching you

Sweet Caroline
I've been inclined
To believe they never would, oh no no

Sweet Caroline
Sweet Caroline
I believe they never could
Sweet Caroline
By:
kincsem
When: 09 Jul 21 09:57
Betfair, please put up a market for the number of times Sterling falls.
By:
Timber
When: 09 Jul 21 10:13

Jul 9, 2021 -- 4:57AM, kincsem wrote:

Betfair, please put up a market for the number of times Sterling falls.

STILL salty LaughLaughLaugh

By:
howard
When: 09 Jul 21 12:00
I thought Denmark were physical yet quick. They also got away with loads of pro fouls ( without yellow cards )   Italy are good but not great. We have a better than 50/50 chance the odds are correct.
By:
SlippyBlue
When: 09 Jul 21 12:21
My first instinct for a match such as this is to do under 2.5 but as it's as short as 1.55 on here I simply cannot back at that price, a first half goal at any time and you're up against it so no bet there. Some of the high street thieves go 4/9 Laugh   Shocked
So Plan B has to be found and I've come to the conclusion that Draw/Draw @ 4.4 and Draw/England @ 6.4 is the way to go and they're my punts in what will most likely be a cagey, low scoring match.
Page 1 of 35  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 35 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com