Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarty b
29 Jun 21 21:40
| Topic/replies: 32,052 | Blogger: stewarty b's blog
I'm guessing....

England 4/9 draw 3/1 Ukraine 10/1.

If England cant beat this lot it's time to give up punting. A 400/900 will probably be coming this way for my first bet albeit I'm backing another team outright.

Sensible thoughts welcome.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 23  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 23 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 880
By:
shiny new shoes please
When: 29 Jun 21 21:41
England win shirley nailed on!
By:
cricketnut2
When: 29 Jun 21 21:51
England are not nailed on, however, we ought to beat Ukraine. These are the 2 scenario's I can see being played out. England as is usual, will think just turn up and win, especially considering all the injuries and knocks the ukranians took this evening, plus England have finished 4 hours earlier than Ukraine and abit less of a distance to travel to Rome. What ought to happen, is that England run out 3/4-0 winners just due to the tiredness of the opposition. However what is more likely to happen, is that Ukraine will try and hold out for a draw again and try and win on penalties. England will huff and puff and struggle to score, especially as England will be complacement, as they often are against inferior opposition. I do expected England to finally huff and puff the goal down and win very unconvincingly.
By:
thelatarps
When: 30 Jun 21 08:13
england 1.24 on to qualify..
can see a few squeaky b*m moments in that punt.
By:
1st time poster
When: 30 Jun 21 08:19
genuinely confused why did italians want final moved from wembley if england fans cant get access to match tkts in rome because of covid restrictions
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 30 Jun 21 08:27
I think the game is set up for Ukraine to steal it. There is over-confidence but I don't think that is the main factor. England struggle against inferior teams because they are far more comfortable playing on the break. When they have to take the game to the opposition, they struggle.

I was hoping for 6/1 Ukraine so 8/1 looks good and 7/2 to qualify also appeals to me.
By:
1st time poster
When: 30 Jun 21 08:34
if it was a euro/world cup qualifier it would be 1 / 2 nil to eng in a snorefest,which would do just fine on sat
By:
Ramruma
When: 30 Jun 21 08:35
The one danger I can see is the weather in Rome which is forecast to be 29 degrees C in the evening. England has melted in the heat in previous tournaments. Ukraine, surprisingly given its freezing winters, has very hot summers (30 to 35 deg C) so their players might be more used to it, though you'd also want to look at where each player's club is based.

England is a far stronger team and should win comfortably, of course. I'll be backing England but watching for signs of exhaustion in case I need to get out.
By:
cricketnut2
When: 30 Jun 21 10:41
You cannot be backing England at 4/9, 2/5 or best priced 1.46 on Betfair. Its why punters go broke, putting on big money to win alot less, i'd be a layer, especially as we will have fewer fans supporting us, but obviously want England to win.
By:
lurka
When: 30 Jun 21 10:47
They should be too good for Ukraine but Southgate is not playing to win games primarily. He's playing not to lose primarily, even in the group stage. I can't see him being any less cautious the further he goes, he will probably be most cautious to date in Rome as he'll want to get back to Wembley. Wouldn't be backing them to win in 90 mins as they are not really setting out to do that as their priority.

Don't see them winning any game comfortably from now on. Yesterday they won by 2 but it was nowhere near comfortable. They might win by 2 or 3 but it will be cagey until 1-0 and backs to the wall and counter-attack after that.
By:
snowynoon
When: 30 Jun 21 11:08
Ukraine were ok last night ,nothing more ,but in their previous game they were dreadful and well beaten by Austria ,cant see anything other than an England win .
By:
Rider
When: 30 Jun 21 11:44
i wouldnt back in this until you see the team sheet, i'd have thought southgate will play a more attacking team than last night but would rather wait even so, we were level on chances with germany last night, could easily have gone the other way, we cannot do what we did against scotland in a knockout game
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 30 Jun 21 11:47
Ukraine will let England come to them and play as if every minute on level terms is their own victory - just as it was for Scotland. Of course, they have to offer a goal threat also when England camp upfield but England - I guarantee it - will look very laboured making the running.
By:
howard
When: 30 Jun 21 11:53
Grealish is as important to England as he is to Villa. It's likely down to whether he starts whether we have a comfy win. Having said that Mount would improve us too.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 30 Jun 21 11:56
If engerland don't score first
half they may well look laboured.

But they might get an early chance
and take it.

Ukraine topped their group
in qualifying against portugal
winning 6 games and drawing 2
of 8 games.

They are not mugs.

They lost 2 group games here, won 1
and beat Sweden aet, when swedes
went down to 10 men.

They drew away at France in
World Cup qualies, and also
drew at home to Kazakhstan and
to Finland.

Recent form ain't great, but..
Not mugs.
By:
FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK
When: 30 Jun 21 11:58
How’s club foot Ukraine main man
Looked wanked for 3 years now still walking in match’s
They looked **** there ****g pub team
I’m no pro England fan but even with team he had out yesterday
Where sweep past that shower 1 or 2 zip
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 30 Jun 21 12:20
Southgate has a problem. He's timid. But in this game he has to attack and time becomes his enemy. Yet he will squander the first 45 minutes to caution. If Ukraine can steal a goal, England will fall apart. Grealish and Foden will be sent on too late.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 30 Jun 21 12:24
I think Ukraine are more
defensive than us.

A front 3 should keep it that way.

Can't be afraid of extra time and pens
as likely at some point they will
happen.

Be prepared.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 30 Jun 21 12:27
I think Ukraine are more
defensive than us.

A front 3 should keep it that way.

Can't be afraid of extra time and pens
as likely at some point they will
happen.

Be prepared.
By:
tangsoodo
When: 30 Jun 21 12:38
nobody at this tourney is more defensive than us
By:
1st time poster
When: 30 Jun 21 14:18
england besides mbappe look to be the only team in tournament with any pace,changing of the guard in euro football at least this  england team has stolen a march on the rest, considering where its been played cant see a euro side winning next world cup
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 30 Jun 21 14:25
nobody at this tourney is more defensive than us

Well against the might of Ukraine we will probably need 3 centre backs, 2 wing backs and 2 holding midfieldersCry!
By:
bobweenit
When: 30 Jun 21 14:34
Boring boring England. That little chicken runner Sterling will stop finding the onion bag and his failngs of constantly giving ze ball away will be highlighted...
Keep him in ze final 3rd and tell him make a pass that goes to a teammate every other time he gets the ball and they might keep getting away with it.
By:
JC1326
When: 30 Jun 21 14:51
Ukraine are tripe and crawled through a terrible group. England have just deservedly beaten, for me, the third most dangerous side after Belgium and Italy.

If Kane was firing, 3-0, but otherwise I'd expect a comfortable enough 1-0, like against Croatia and The Czech's.
By:
Rider
When: 30 Jun 21 14:59
be interesting to see if the late goal kane scored brings back the old kane england want to see, striker form can often come and go on such things, i think that would be a game changer
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 30 Jun 21 15:03
He just looks off kilter. No spark. We are not really creating chances and playing free flowing football. He doesn't have much to do and cannot get into the game, which, is not really his fault but he does not look right either.
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 30 Jun 21 15:17
creating chances and playing free flowing football.

Missed that game. When was that? I'm 64.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 30 Jun 21 15:54
Laugh

England 7 Austria 0
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 30 Jun 21 15:54
Tony Currie!
By:
Giuseppe
When: 30 Jun 21 16:09
betting 900 poonds on Gareth not to **** it up

no gracias
By:
Giuseppe
When: 30 Jun 21 16:10
Ukraine are tripe

they have three excellent and in form forwards: Zinchenko, Yarmolenko and Yaremchuk
By:
1st time poster
When: 30 Jun 21 16:11
kane put more effort in to his two footed jumping goal,celebration than he,d  put in to all 4 games added together,goal celebration shows he aint carrying/hiding an injury,just slow as a boat
By:
bobweenit
When: 30 Jun 21 16:15
Good point
By:
jin_kazz
When: 30 Jun 21 20:09
england is free money literally. i'm putting my house, my wife and my dog on england.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 30 Jun 21 20:15
please don't
By:
1st time poster
When: 30 Jun 21 20:24
yep i,m in but keeping the house and dog just in case LaughLaugh
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 30 Jun 21 21:04
England are worthy faves in the next two games but I wouldn't trust them with counterfeit

And then a final is anyone's in this tournament its been one of those type of Euros
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 30 Jun 21 21:20
Sorry, in a three outcome market, Ukraine one of the best 10 shots I've had put in front of me.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 30 Jun 21 21:36
Laying England in 90 minutes is the better bet then?
By:
Fashion Fever
When: 30 Jun 21 21:39
surely we will hammer these
Page 1 of 23  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 23 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo