Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mesmerised
28 Jun 21 21:53
| Topic/replies: 29,043 | Blogger: mesmerised's blog
I've waited 25 years for this match so you better not f*** it up again SouthgateLaugh

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 36  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 36 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,416
By:
Crisp77
When: 28 Jun 21 22:01
We’ve had two 3-3’s today so law of averages….0-0
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 28 Jun 21 22:24
they're playing a back 3 tomorrow - Walker - Maguire - Stones
By:
Deplasterer
When: 28 Jun 21 22:29
Worst team left in tournament after Ukraine , Germany @3.1 a steal, sorry English fansPlain
By:
Capt__F
When: 28 Jun 21 22:32
hope WheelChair starts
By:
Angoose
When: 29 Jun 21 02:13
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 29 Jun 21 03:10
This German team will not be beating England.  They're full of ancient old dodderers in key positions, particularly at the back.  England will beat them comprehensively - if Southgate allows them to play!
France out, de Bruyne and Hazard both very doubtful for future matches!  Two sides already had to play punishing e.t., Spain's defence as leaky as their armadas, - it is all working to England's advantage.  Every match at home.  If you don't win this lads you need bloody shooting - to quote Brian Clough!  Laugh
By:
lurka
When: 29 Jun 21 07:20
Seems to be a lot of people assuming England will turn up and play well tonight.

What is the basis for this? Performance so far - I don't think so.

Performance in previous KO ties in majors against big teams?

They drew 0-0 v Italy in 2012 and 0-0 v Portugal in 2006, lost on pens in both. Not saying they performed well in those games but the results nothing since then.

I know the Germans are a poor version of a German team and there is some element of patriotism and wanting England to do well but I don't see any basis to assume that England are going to turn up and play well.  The Germans have been poor too but they have put in a better performance than any of England's so far against a better side and I think all of their group opponents were better than their equivalents in England's group.

I always look at the managerial battle as well, as more often than not the manager who gets his tactics or in game changes/subs right comes through. I think we saw that in the first 4 KO ties so far in this tournament, not so much in yesterday's games, maybe a little in the France game. And then you look at Southgate and he's about as experienced as the Welsh manager, who got totally stumped by tactical switch after 15 mins which turned the game on its head and had no answer to it.

I'd have to say I'd be surprised if England turn up and play well given their track record and manager and all the evidence. They may not have to to get past this German team but they probably will.
By:
lurka
When: 29 Jun 21 07:29
Also see shades of 2018 in terms of the draw and how it's opened up and shades of 2010 when Germany were considered to be a weak German team and England were favourites.
By:
sparrow
When: 29 Jun 21 07:38
2018 was certainly as you described lurka when Germany had been completely written off by many.
By:
SlippyBlue
When: 29 Jun 21 07:52
Germany @ 2.16 to qualify has got to be the bet.
By:
Angoose
When: 29 Jun 21 08:10
Eight goals from Croatia v Spain in 90 seconds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/57646514

Eighteen goals in the four final group matches last Wednesday
Seven goals in the first two Round of 16 matches on Saturday
Fourteen goals plus a penalty shoot out last night on "Magic Monday"

We've been spoiled boys, we've been spoiled royally in the last few days.

So get yourself ready for a return to attritional football tonight.

Strap on your crash helmet, dig yourself in to your trench, stock up on your Pringles, 'cos there's every chance that it aint gonna be pretty tonight Angry
By:
lurka
When: 29 Jun 21 08:50
Seems clear from the interviews I've seen that England are planning to try nullify Germany's wing backs. Rice mentioned stopping the Germans playing and Phillips mentioned Kimmich and Gosens specifically.

Could just be mind games tho as it's a bit silly to be talking like that in the media, maybe Southgate is going to try something else or hopes that Germany do.
By:
Storm Alert
When: 29 Jun 21 09:02
The German matches I have seen they are difficult to weigh-up. In some games they have looked very average and clearly missing a recognised goalscorer.

England on the other hand are getting results but often create little. Very solid defence and have strong midfield/attacking options though. Southgate has to find a way to get service up to Kane ato stop him dropping back which unbalances the offensive team setup. The Scotland match was worrying as England's 4-3-3 shape was hopeless against them.

There is no such thing as the law of averages, but I agree with Crisp 0:0 a good bet (9/1 Skybet). Kane to score in 90mins is the other bet I've done (Skybet 9/2).
By:
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
When: 29 Jun 21 09:42
Storm

How come you back 9/1 a 0-0 scoreline with skybet when it's 10/1 on here?
By:
lurka
When: 29 Jun 21 09:46
9/2 on Kane anytime is big, are you sure that's not the first goalscorer price. He's 3 on here and 2.2 on 3.65 any time
By:
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
When: 29 Jun 21 09:48
lurka

Yes I noticed that he must be mistaken.
By:
n88uk
When: 29 Jun 21 09:52
England are going to 5 at the back with 2 holding men, front 3 Saka, Sterling, Kane. No Foden, Mount or Grealish, possibly the worst possible side you could actually pick from the squad we have at our disposal.

We will be at least 2 down by half time imo.
By:
n88uk
When: 29 Jun 21 09:52
Germany 3.25 a huge price.
By:
Aspro
When: 29 Jun 21 10:04
Erm, where does that team come from n88uk? No team news and everyone available?
By:
n88uk
When: 29 Jun 21 10:06
All reporters reporting it. The team has leaked correctly every game so far, no reason to think same journos aren't right again, which is also a disgrace that our team keeps leaking, but that's another topic.
By:
Aspro
When: 29 Jun 21 10:07
OK, fair enough, but surely his baby (Mount) will not be left out?
By:
ericster
Depends on how flexible the two players left and right of the five are going to be perhaps.
By:
n88uk
It's in both The Athletic and The Telegraph.
By:
ericster
Pity they couldn't just leak a fake line-up occasionally.
By:
n88uk
When: 29 Jun 21 10:08
Mount, Foden, and Grealish are all on bench. So yes the players we hyped for our creativity pre-tournament, none of them are playing.
By:
Aspro
That would not be good if true
By:
n88uk
The 2 midfielders of course are Rice and Phillips if it isn't obvious.
By:
Aspro
When: 29 Jun 21 10:09
Grin
By:
n88uk
When: 29 Jun 21 10:10
Back 3 of Walker, Maguire, Stones.

Not actually seen confirmed WB's, but apparently they are Trippier Crazy and Shaw.
By:
n88uk
When: 29 Jun 21 10:11
Footy Accumulators
@FootyAccums
·
49m
Flag of England England's reported XI for tonight:

Pickford

Trippier, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw

Phillips, Rice

Saka, Sterling, Kane.

Basically, they have taken this from articles.
By:
Aspro
When: 29 Jun 21 10:12
Well, for those that take an interest it will be raining (50%+ chance) and although cool at around 17 degrees humidity will be high too
By:
ericster
When: 29 Jun 21 10:15
There was quote from Phillips in a newspaper article recently saying that, because of the class of players in the squad, whenever he gets the ball he is so afraid of making a mistake. Doesn't want to let the side down so often he plays sideways or back.
Well [newsflash Phillips] Angry
Fear is still, probably] our biggest problem.
Why can't/won't they just go out and play their game?
Yeah, I know, because it's a "knockout".
By:
Aspro
When: 29 Jun 21 10:16
Must admit, that team doesn't look world beaters to me. Hardly any creativity at all, yet the powers that be have apparently offered Southgate an extension Crazy
By:
Aspro
When: 29 Jun 21 10:17
Levy, take note! Southgate (if you're thinking about him) is clearly not what we want.
By:
ericster
When: 29 Jun 21 10:17
Replace phillips with grealish and I rather like it.
By:
Aspro
When: 29 Jun 21 10:19
Well hopefully Kane will follow Benzema and Morata and finally find the net.
By:
Storm Alert
When: 29 Jun 21 10:21
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B & Lurka both right. I missed the 10/1 on exchange and it is 9/2 Kane first goal scorer. The England team leak suggests bets are doomed anyway. What is Southgate thinking.
By:
n88uk
When: 29 Jun 21 10:21
Negative like always.
By:
lurka
When: 29 Jun 21 10:24
Maybe Southgate's on a personal crusade to beat the German's on pens to atone for '96.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's leaked a fake team. Just get that feeling.
Page 1 of 36  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 36 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com