Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
11 Jun 21 09:29
| Topic/replies: 21,573 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
jews hill was the hill behind the old den at millwall and for years you could stand on this hill above the goal for free if you could stand the abuse you got from the millwall faithfull ,every match there would be about a dozen  rhino skinned   diehards who would watch the game for free and the hill soon became known as "jews hill"  the problem was for the monetary challeneged  the club erected a huge  advertising board to try to deter the tight bstards who got to see the game for free so to watch the flow of the game became more difficult in that they had to run across the hill and back to watch the game if the the play was from left to right or vice versa , all well and good and it kept them fit,  most times the crowd would be busy winding up or fighting with the opposing sides supporters but if it was a dull game and not much happening on the pitch then the crowds would start hurling abuse at the hapless souls on the hill ........the most popular chants would be "you tight k hoonts ,you tight k hoonts " and often aim a shower of coins  at the tightwads LaughLaughLaughLaugh great days down memory lane!
Pause Switch to Standard View did anyone on here ever stand on jews...
Show More
Report The Dragon June 11, 2021 11:04 AM BST
back in the day going to millwall as an away fan was a no no, so no never been foyles but interesting all the same.
Report FOYLESWAR June 11, 2021 11:12 AM BST
yeah not expecting anyone to own up to being a hill faithfull really why would they ? just remembering  on those games in the 70s 80s  standing in the crowd on the terraces full house near on in those days and if a goal or near miss the crowd would surge forward and if you were up against those steel stancions could get crushed for a few seconds till the crowd swayed back ! so dangerous but as a nipper you didnt realise the dangers, mind you the den was not a place where visiting supporters would be made welcolme .
Report Regbutler June 11, 2021 12:07 PM BST
I don't remember that foyles and I was there in those years
I remember that the away fans used to get half of the Ilderton road end
Report The Dragon June 11, 2021 12:59 PM BST
same on the kop in those days foyles how nobody got hurt ill never know place reeked of beer and piss and sweat
Report FOYLESWAR June 11, 2021 1:24 PM BST
yeah reg i was there a few times when they all started that pointing of the fingers  raising thearms in the direction of the hill like a salute and chanting "you tight k hoonts"!
yes dragon i got caught in those crushes once and stayed away from them after that ,even as a nipper i could see the danger and avoided them .
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com