Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
differentdrum
08 Jun 21 20:14
| Topic/replies: 5,937 | Blogger: differentdrum's blog
Do they even get the option?
Pause Switch to Standard View Are All Teams At The Euros Taking The...
Show More
Report mecca June 8, 2021 9:44 PM BST
once went to Everton-Rapid Viena cup winners cup final..

A few days after Bradford fire... They had a minutes silence.. Austrian fans booing and hooting (and lighting little fires) all the way through it.. got home & watched it on video.. complete silence
Report SontaranStratagem June 8, 2021 9:52 PM BST
mecca

Clever TV editing

Which confirms they didn't edit out the booing they wanted people to hear it, if they don't want you hearing it you ain't hearing it simples, they are on a 30 second delay for a reason
Report Giuseppe June 8, 2021 10:10 PM BST
Ireland players all took the knee tonight

did France in their last game?

other than that I think it's just Ingland, Wales and Scotland (and NI?)
Report Giuseppe June 8, 2021 10:10 PM BST
Hungarian players did not but at least one pointd to the "respect" emblem on his sleeve while ireland players kneeled
Report Giuseppe June 8, 2021 10:11 PM BST
did the Hungarian fans boo when Ireland kneeled? missed that bit
Report sofaking June 8, 2021 10:19 PM BST

Jun 8, 2021 -- 4:11PM, Giuseppe wrote:

did the Hungarian fans boo when Ireland kneeled? missed that bit

Yes. Loudly.

Report tobermory June 8, 2021 10:29 PM BST
England quarter final likely in St Petersburg.

'Applause to drown out the boos' Crazy
Report Giuseppe June 8, 2021 10:32 PM BST
Zenit, who for years never signed a black player because the fans wouldn't tolerate it

have a few black south american players now, not sure if they have ever signed an actual african
Report Capt__F June 8, 2021 10:34 PM BST
eng wont make 1/4
Report tobermory June 8, 2021 10:37 PM BST
I doubt they will.

Probably blame booing fans if they don't.
Report Giuseppe June 8, 2021 10:37 PM BST
all of these east european teams, without exception, will boo

some of the westerners may too, Italy Love for example
Report posy June 8, 2021 10:42 PM BST
Easy enough to play canned clapping to drown out the booing however I’m still hopeful the busted virtue signalling will be dropped. Presumably all Euro teams which are wholly white won’t be prepared to embarrass themselves.
Report Capt__F June 8, 2021 10:50 PM BST
Wilf Zaha knew
Report SontaranStratagem June 8, 2021 10:54 PM BST
If they drop it they can then remove the virtue signalling pr*cks at the TV companies

And that includes Lineker and co
Report roache June 8, 2021 11:39 PM BST
Gareth will have something to talk about when the inevitable happens and we play carp as he will be too busy talking about the knee and the booing thereby distracting from the football as the media will be bringing this topic up every single game
Report casemoney June 9, 2021 1:12 AM BST
The progressives and BLM want booing ,if everyone took the Knee they would lose millions of Pounds. NO DOUBT we will have many new anti racist groups ,post Euros .
Report n88uk June 9, 2021 1:13 AM BST
So people are saying the booing isn't racist yet implying that countries with more racism will have louder booing. Seems legit.
Report SontaranStratagem June 9, 2021 1:25 AM BST
We're booing because we're sick and tired of having little s*its tell us what to do

Russia will boo because they hate blacks and they wont pander to the BS
Report SontaranStratagem June 9, 2021 1:26 AM BST
I hope they raid the pitch and kidnap Southgate, that'll be worth watching
Report LoyalHoncho June 9, 2021 2:31 AM BST
I think we're booing because politics should be kept out of sport and this is politics - no more and no less.  Taking the knee, to use that disgusting phrase, is nothing more than pandering to fruitcake elements who think they can own us, our beliefs and OUR ACTIONS!.  It does not prove you are not a racist, it does prove you're a yes man and a p ussy.
The booers have every right to express their opinions, and long may they do so.  If the footballers who do it were really serious they would get up and walk off the pitch every time they heard a boo.  They don't.  Says an awful lot about their lack of conviction, don't you think.
As for the "waistcoat" he swore blind, in Serbia, that if booing of black players happened again hr would take his team off the park.
Another p ussy and hypocrite.
Report roache June 9, 2021 8:11 AM BST
Here we go again its 8am and on the BBC with a massive football tournament coming up in 2 days time and what are we talking about ? Football,players,teams,tactics,managers ? No Taking the Knee we are talking about yet again and again and again
Report differentdrum June 9, 2021 9:12 AM BST
Yes, just had Ferdinand on BBC given free rein to describe people who oppose taking the knee as stupid. Ever thought it might be the other way round Rio?

The thing I object to most about these outlets is there never an opposite point of view. Everything is unchallenged.

If they are going to show players taking the knee then we should hear the opposite side of the story. Stop pretending everyone agrees with the gesture.

Whether it has ever made any difference I don't know, but for many it has now gone way past its sell by date, if it ever had one.
Report 1st time poster June 9, 2021 10:24 AM BST
keep politics out of sport
johnson/dowden all over private enterprise proposed super lg, excec,s invited in to downing st
thatcher banned uk athletes from olympics
you cant keep tory,s out of meddling in sport
Report FatherMaguire June 9, 2021 11:45 AM BST
I've got no horse in this race really, but if the team are saying that the booing unsettles their black players and they are uniting behind them then surely it's common sense to just allow them to take the knee and crack on with it - if its pointless then its not as if its hurting anybody
Report Giuseppe June 9, 2021 12:04 PM BST
thatcher did not stop UK athletes going to Moscow olympics

they were allowed to go but competed under the olmpic flag
Report LoyalHoncho June 9, 2021 12:15 PM BST
Well done Giuseppe.
Report shiny new shoes please June 9, 2021 12:16 PM BST
Full stadium \ no masks .. were democracy , freedoms still exist ExcitedLaugh Hungary!wtf!
Report scaredmoney June 9, 2021 12:16 PM BST
Dont let facts get in the way of things Giuseppe ffs
Report LoyalHoncho June 9, 2021 12:19 PM BST
Giuseppe is right.
Report tobermory June 9, 2021 12:19 PM BST
In 1980 the UK team just ignored Thatcher and went to Moscow.

They didn't 'compete under the Olympic flag'.
Report 1st time poster June 9, 2021 12:34 PM BST
so thatcher/politics were intervening in sport
glad youve confirmed it
Report Whisperingdeath June 9, 2021 12:53 PM BST
Personally I think taking the knee has gone far enough. The point has been made and there is imho no need to continue. Football made its stand and well done to them for that. Job done and time to move on.

One thing I will say though is that sport unifies people and many on here should find more horror in that than their objection to the players making a symbolic gesture.
Report ashbourne June 9, 2021 1:57 PM BST
Makes sense to use the opportunity of having such a huge audience to highlight such a huge problem.
Report Pilsudski June 10, 2021 11:08 AM BST
Whatever way Southgate and Ferdinand dress it up,it’s political.Sport and politics don’t mix,and Rashford should also take note.
Report Whisperingdeath June 10, 2021 11:57 AM BST
If the FA are sincere we should support them. Lets pull out of the World Cup in Qatar!
Report LoyalHoncho June 10, 2021 1:26 PM BST
They're not making a symbolic gesture they're making a political gesture, and what's more, they are ramming down everybody's throats!.  They are pimping football for their own ends.  All fans should get together and put a stop to it.  They managed to stop the "Super" league.
Report DIE LINKE June 10, 2021 1:57 PM BST
So you were all in favour of cancel culture after all?! Laugh
Report 1st time poster June 10, 2021 2:19 PM BST
till this week its been behind closed doors and you need a sky sports subscription to see it,i doubt any pr advertiser guru would be recommending  it as a vehicle to ram something down  someones throat
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 10, 2021 2:30 PM BST

Jun 9, 2021 -- 6:53AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

Personally I think taking the knee has gone far enough. The point has been made and there is imho no need to continue. Football made its stand and well done to them for that. Job done and time to move on.One thing I will say though is that sport unifies people and many on here should find more horror in that than their objection to the players making a symbolic gesture.

I'd generally agree with this. However, the way things are it's not going to end now. Ending now would look like a victory for those booing and a defeat for the players. They're going to double down on this and I can see a lot more activism on the pitch in the next few months and forcing clubs (by kicking out fans) and social media (by taking some responsibility) to change. I think it's gone so far now, and the players are so unified and motivated that they're going to see this through to the end.

If the fans had been polite and just stayed quiet for a few seconds then it'd probably be over by now in all honesty.

Report LoyalHoncho June 10, 2021 2:37 PM BST
I hope fans boo mercilessly, before the England game, and then we'll see just how much of a windbag this Southgate is.  By his own previous sermons from the mount he should immediately take his players off of the pitch in protest and in support of whatever he has convinced himself he is supporting.  Sanctimonious pryk that he is won't though.  Mark my words he's a two-faced hypocrite.
Report 1st time poster June 10, 2021 2:37 PM BST
question is PP they new that,why wouldnt a racist want a free pass to boo
Report 1st time poster June 10, 2021 2:44 PM BST
englands could always call their bluff ,flush the die hards out by threatening to walk off if the booing doesnt stop
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 10, 2021 2:45 PM BST
Absolutely 1tp, this is online anonymity in the real world. You could call Sterling this, that and the other and he just sees EricThePatriot521582 at the other end. Now they can go back to the glory days of booing black players and anyone supporting them and simper something about Marxism, politics, I can't be racist as I like reggae etc.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see a walk off here. It's a proper stand off right now and I don't think the players are the type to back down. They've got a huge stage, a worldwide audience and they're well aware of what an impact they could have.
Report LoyalHoncho June 10, 2021 2:57 PM BST
If England players walk off it will damage the game forever.  I hope they do it and it might bring this farce to a conclusion of sorts.
"Taking The Knee" is a farce.  It proves nothing.  It creates division, not unity and fans booing it is not racism it is outrage that their game has been turned into a political tool.  Nothing to do with being racist, all to do with financing a game,sport that has been hijacked by political extremists and dictators.
Report tobermory June 10, 2021 2:59 PM BST
Walking off because a political gesture was booed.

Thay would be a laughing stock. And what then? Would they expect, having 'made their point' with another gesture, to come back on and play the game 10 minutes later?

Or not play at all, and be kicked out of the tournament...
Report 1st time poster June 10, 2021 3:10 PM BST
the black players were giving the decision/call to walk off in bulgaria, which everyone bar the racists who hid berhind the sofa agreed with,
so they have to let their own fans boo them and accept they arnt booing them because their black or taking a stand against racism even if there,s racists among them ,because of someones opinion on the BLM organisation which no one had even heard of when england considered walking off in the bulgaria game,
its like saying epstein/saville get a free pass because someone doesnt like a luvie preaching to them about the ME TOO movement at an awards bash
Report Whisperingdeath June 10, 2021 3:12 PM BST
I think it was a decent enough gesture at the time but enough is enough. People come to watch the football lets leave it at that. If the FA are serious about tackling racism in football maybe they should do something about it like perhaps tackling the barrage of vile abuse players are getting online both male and female, black and white. What is the FA doing about it? FA!
Report LoyalHoncho June 10, 2021 3:13 PM BST
I wonder how much TTK will go on in Qatar?  Very little I suspect because the same freedoms of expression will not be countenanced over there.   Then what if the tournament is played out?  Will the black players not - I use the word they call and use to label themselves - then have been the biggest hypocrites ever, having played in stadiums and lived in hotels and camps built under extreme duress by the workers and labourers, at slave labour rates of pay and conditions, mainly by black and ethnic peoples, who Qatar treat like chit?
The game, as we have come to know it is fcked, unless fans stand up and be counted.
Keep booing lads and lasses and get this political hijacking of our game STOPPED.  Now.  Dead in its tracks!
Report scaredmoney June 10, 2021 3:14 PM BST
Taking the knee is intricately linked to the BLM movement.

Its political, no matter how ya dress it up...its still political.
Report Whisperingdeath June 10, 2021 3:15 PM BST
It is also a statement of humanity
Report Whisperingdeath June 10, 2021 3:16 PM BST
or rather was.

Time to move on
Report LoyalHoncho June 10, 2021 3:19 PM BST
England walking off in the Bulgaria game has nothing to do with this TTK chit.  Racism is racism and should be tackled and expunged and expelled from every walk of life.  Fans booing TTK in the match pre-lim is nothing to do with racism - it is disgust that their game has been hijacked by political interest. No more, no less - not racism.  Protest.  Without so much as a statue even being vandalised!
Report 1st time poster June 10, 2021 3:23 PM BST
to use the famous quote

not all fans booing TTK are racist but all the racists are booing amongst them,

the rumainian player proved it
Report LoyalHoncho June 10, 2021 3:27 PM BST
You're making things up now and it's pathetic.  "Famous quote"?.  Made famous by who and so famous you're the only one who's heard of it.
If you want politics join a party and get into parliament.  Football is sport - take your politics elsewhere.
Report 1st time poster June 10, 2021 3:29 PM BST
teams deffo not taking the knee
hungary,ukraine,poland,russia sure if some expert digs deep enough here,a pattern might emerge,was thinking is their any evidence of english black footballers been routinely booed in eastern europe
Report Giuseppe June 10, 2021 4:06 PM BST
"I think it's gone so far now, and the players are so unified and motivated that they're going to see this through to the end."

what is the end?
Report Capt__F June 10, 2021 4:09 PM BST
Fin
Report sixtwosix June 10, 2021 4:27 PM BST
Am I really being preached to by a group of players that include more than one that have broken covid rules and regulations in the last year ?

I shall be watching England ......30 seconds after kick off in each match.
Report Whisperingdeath June 10, 2021 4:32 PM BST
what is the end?

When we get knocked out!
Report Aspro June 10, 2021 4:35 PM BST
Just read a snippet quoting that Scotland will not be taking the knee
Report Giuseppe June 10, 2021 4:36 PM BST
ALBA GO BRATH
Report Whisperingdeath June 10, 2021 4:44 PM BST
C'mon Seppe

What about Italia? Looking good right?
Report scaredmoney June 10, 2021 4:45 PM BST
Southgate being led by his players again

Maguire to start, 75% fit, will be next
Report Giuseppe June 10, 2021 4:45 PM BST
not a fan of Bobby Manc
Report LoyalHoncho June 10, 2021 6:03 PM BST
Well done Scotland for taking a stand!  Get politics out of sport.
Scotland leads the way in not taking the so-called knee.  We kneel to nobody!
Report LoyalHoncho June 10, 2021 6:05 PM BST
1st time poster, how many fans has Raheem Sterling played in front of in his career, in Britain, do you think?
Report 1st time poster June 10, 2021 6:33 PM BST
whats that got to do with the price of cheese
on the plus side looking forward to england fans booing their own and cheering scotland
Report differentdrum June 10, 2021 10:09 PM BST
Out of 24 teams how many are taking the knee?

If England were the only ones they would still defiantly carry out in the belief that they were somehow better than everyone else. No safety in numbers, it would look idiotic. Like sheep I suspect many players are doing it for no more reason than those around them are doing it.
Report posy June 10, 2021 10:30 PM BST
This knee nonsense was past its sell by date on day1. If England persist in ramming it down our throats I’ll be hoping the team doesn’t get out of the group.
Report wolf3011 June 10, 2021 11:49 PM BST
fed up of hearing Sterling with his little gun tat talk about racism kneeling for an anti capitalist movement on 300 grand a week, England are sh1te anyway and will go out to the first decent team they meet in the knockout rounds
Report scaredmoney June 10, 2021 11:57 PM BST
If i need a political statement from someone who chases a ball, i'll ask my fkin dog.
Report wolf3011 June 11, 2021 12:11 AM BST
Laugh
Report LoyalHoncho June 11, 2021 12:21 AM BST
Sterling:  Will have played in front of about 3 million spectators in the last two to three years.  About ten of those spectators have given him racial abuse, admittedly that we know about.  In the interests of even-handedness lets multiply that number by a generous amount, say by 100.  That makes 1,000.  A made up figure I know and, if accurate, is 1,000 people too many - that goes without saying.  However, set that 1,000 against the total of 3,000,000 who have watched him live and the problem seems to be vastly over-stated don;t you think?
This problem is in fact grossly over-stated in my view and he makes a meal of it for me.
Report Giuseppe June 11, 2021 12:41 AM BST
ten spectators have racially abused him? are you counting eastern europe?
Report Giuseppe June 11, 2021 12:42 AM BST
other than the chelsea fan, who else was there?
Report LoyalHoncho June 11, 2021 12:44 AM BST
Doesn't matter where.  I'm talking about individual racial abuse targeted at him personally. by fans at a football ground.
Report Giuseppe June 11, 2021 12:48 AM BST
how many times has this happened in england?
Report Giuseppe June 11, 2021 12:48 AM BST
once?
Report tobermory June 11, 2021 1:31 AM BST
That's LH's point.
Report 1st time poster June 11, 2021 1:49 PM BST
see the results of the focus groups must be in and johnson flip flops telling supporters to cheer england and not to boo players taking the knee
Report roache June 11, 2021 2:07 PM BST
Well at least we will be champions of Europe at taking the knee Shocked as it certainly won't be at football
Report 1st time poster June 11, 2021 2:16 PM BST
so according to what,s been posted on here all week
johnsons become a left wing,antifia loving marxist

no surprise really as he,s copy n pasting marxist corbyn,s 2019 manifesto LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report leazes67 June 11, 2021 2:19 PM BST
Scots cave in and will join England taking the knee.
Report 1st time poster June 11, 2021 2:22 PM BST
doris doing what a good little boy should and do what joe,s told him to do LaughLaughLaugh
Report scaredmoney June 11, 2021 2:26 PM BST
Makes me fckin poorly
Report 1st time poster June 11, 2021 2:30 PM BST
the frash batter,s johnson again
does that mean rash now gets to own johnson permanently LaughLaugh
Report 1st time poster June 11, 2021 2:37 PM BST
IS johnson rashfords 1st trophy as a footballer LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report posy June 11, 2021 3:20 PM BST
As a long standing United supporter I just pray the club offload St Marcus because next premier season the pre match booing at OT will unsettle the team if this unedifying spectacle continues.
Report 1st time poster June 11, 2021 3:37 PM BST
with scotland now taking the knee against england,i do hope all the loons didnt rush out yesterday to buy scotland shirts LaughLaugh
Report 1st time poster June 11, 2021 3:38 PM BST
been like pushing pish up a hill for the loons this week Laugh
Report sofaking June 11, 2021 4:11 PM BST

Jun 11, 2021 -- 9:37AM, 1st time poster wrote:

with scotland now taking the knee against england,i do hope all the loons didnt rush out yesterday to buy scotland shirts

Scotland not taking the knee. Confused  Or did you mean "not" taking the knee?

Report G Hall June 11, 2021 4:12 PM BST
Wouldn't surprise me if Southgate pulls them off in a game, one thing for sure our corrupt media will ensure that BLM headlines dominates the tournament
Report sofaking June 11, 2021 4:13 PM BST
And no doubt the 'wacists" will be blamed when England get knocked out in the quarters.
Report 1st time poster June 11, 2021 4:14 PM BST
scotland are taking the knee against england
Report sofaking June 11, 2021 4:22 PM BST
Ok, yesterday they said they weren't. Pathetic pandering.
Report LoyalHoncho June 11, 2021 4:29 PM BST
Scotland will be taking something against England.  Could be any number of things. Possibly,...    A drubbing.  The pysh, and therefore three points.  Several penalties against, divined by Grealish the flopper.  Ian Wright greetin' in the studio.  Ian Wright still greetin' in the studio.
Hopefully only one of these.  Laugh Love
Report thehoffisback June 11, 2021 6:40 PM BST
loyal honcho spot on mate, I'm glad there are people who are normal.  I was beginning to think it was just me who felt this way
Report tobermory June 11, 2021 8:02 PM BST
Standers 2-0 Kneelers
Report Giuseppe June 11, 2021 8:05 PM BST
looks like only the Britons will be slaves
Report G Hall June 11, 2021 8:57 PM BST
The borrower is slave to the lender.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com