Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
scandanavian_haven
30 May 21 22:50
| Topic/replies: 15,619 | Blogger: scandanavian_haven's blog
they'll top the group, meet Portugal second round, penalties, knocked out.
Pause Switch to Standard View How will England do in the Euro's
Show More
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 1, 2021 10:38 AM BST
Aspro

They used to have really good teams in the 70's.  A lot of great United and Liverpool players were Scottish for starters but now for instance I could hardly even name a player.

Robertson and Mctominay are not bad but other than that I can't even think who's in the team?  Very poor and have been for many, many years.  Don't know why this is.  Shame.
Report Aspro June 1, 2021 10:41 AM BST
Probably because of the doors opening for Europeans et al. Less Scots being chosen to play against better sides and improve themselves.
Report scandanavian_haven June 1, 2021 10:42 AM BST

ball gone, leg stuck out wide, Owen couldn't get through, down he went, it was a crap pen though and lucky to be scored.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 1, 2021 10:47 AM BST
Blimey look at this everyone at 31 seconds.  The guy sticks his leg out, never touches Owen and he simply falls over.  Joke of a penalty decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyiMy5TJcMQ
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 1, 2021 10:51 AM BST
By the way there are nine replies on that penalty clip that are in English and EIGHT of them are saying NO PENALTY.

I rest my case. 

"Next patient ............ wheel them in"
Report scandanavian_haven June 1, 2021 10:56 AM BST
with  usernames like Matador, gustavo vetado, Jahin el wasi, Cristóbal De Tomma, el vikingo and angel, not biased are theyLaugh
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 1, 2021 11:24 AM BST
scand

Tell you what I'm going to do.  I'll simply BLOCK YOU as I have others on here for percevering with your nonsense and giving child like replies.

I started a thread to see who our fancies are for The Euros and thought it would be interesting to see who got the most 'Votes'.

I like to join in with the 'chats' on the forum and whilst of course I don't expect everyone to agree with me I expect them to be civil and offer opinions of note.

It's a shame that it has to be like this with me blocking people but I really don't have time to converse with people who offer nothing but biased views, give child like remarks and take digs at me in general.  Why should I put up with that nonsense.  It must suit them they they can't read my posts either so we're both happy.

So as of now I've blocked you so won't be able to read a word you say and you no doubt can't read mine either which suits us both right.

Cheers

PS:  Try to be unbiased in life and learn to tell the truth.   If only everyone could eh what a better world we'd all live in.
Report scandanavian_haven June 1, 2021 11:31 AM BST
Laugh
Report the fink sisters June 1, 2021 11:38 AM BST
It’s a good young team with a lot of potential. Possibly make a semi final but they look too inexperienced for me and don’t think the defence is strong enough at that level. France appeal as the most likely winners. They just look very solid in all positions.

Being at home will probably help England, if only for the reason that there should be more onus on them to attack.
Report scaredmoney June 1, 2021 12:01 PM BST
Pick ya toys up Lou , ffs
Report scandanavian_haven June 1, 2021 12:05 PM BST
Laugh
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 1, 2021 12:09 PM BST
scared

Want me to block you too it's really no problem just say the word?
Report scaredmoney June 1, 2021 12:17 PM BST
Anything you do in an anonymous forum will have no impact on my life what so ever Lou.
Report Capt__F June 1, 2021 12:18 PM BST
Please dont lou
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 1, 2021 12:21 PM BST
scared

A yes or no will suffice?
Report scandanavian_haven June 1, 2021 12:24 PM BST
Lighten up Lou, you take things too seriously, where's your sense of humour
Report rommel June 1, 2021 12:32 PM BST
bet no bludgers safe within 600 yards of Lous pram
Report Aspro June 1, 2021 12:36 PM BST
Can't say I've ever blocked anyone in almost 20 years on here. It's better entertainment keeping them alive imo
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 1, 2021 12:39 PM BST
Aspro

Exactly.  That's your opinion.
Report scaredmoney June 1, 2021 12:42 PM BST
Lou, im 52 years old.

I wont be getting drawn into childish arguements.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 1, 2021 12:52 PM BST
Well then don't say "Pick your toys up ffs Lou" then.

Why should I put up with remarks like that?
Report scaredmoney June 1, 2021 1:06 PM BST
Lou , this is an anonymous forum in cyberspace. Anonymity means that ,short of slander, ya can type what the fk ya like.
Now whilst this may not make ya very many friends, it is non the less true.
At the same time , having a sense of humour on an anonymous forum is necessary because, well, people can type what the fk they like.
Report Aspro June 1, 2021 1:11 PM BST
aoeoi[aj;lvkkj;a a'ojdja'a oeuqu39039
he's right ya know
learn something every day
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 1, 2021 1:12 PM BST
scared

Tell you what let's stop this right now.  I can also do what the fk I like so I'll block you so therefore not have to see any of your nonsense, name calling any more.  Simple as that.  You won't see mine either so suits us both I'm sure.

If there's anyone else it really isn't a problem to me.  I'd much rather converse with half a dozen decent, honest people than 'talk' with liars, biased people who simply refuse to speak the truth.

Just can't be done with them sorry.

No hard feelings scared.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 1, 2021 1:15 PM BST
Means I get a lot of this below as I must have about 8 or 9 people at a guess blocked but like I said I just don't want anything to do with them so it's really not a problem.

The contents of this post have been hidden for this blocked user.
                                You can manage your blocked users list here .
Report scandanavian_haven June 1, 2021 1:23 PM BST
you can just imagine Lou at a house party

do you fancy a drink Lou?

"yes, where is the tap"

put some music on lou

"ok, Classic fm is good this time of an evening"

fancy a dance lou ?

"don't be so childish"

Laugh
Report scaredmoney June 1, 2021 1:27 PM BST
scand,this is your fault for picking Sweden ffs LaughLaughLaugh
Report scandanavian_haven June 1, 2021 1:29 PM BST
Cry
Report Life-Lucky June 1, 2021 1:43 PM BST
England at 5/1 speaks volumes for the endless optimism of the nation. Sorry but I don't see a good tournament ahead for us and 17/4 Croatia on June 13th is great news for those who separate hope from reality
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 1, 2021 1:53 PM BST
Yes don't see why England are so short myself.  Just shows you that people will back their team no matter the odds when surely they must realise no should England be joint favourites.

"Thirty years of hurt" they sang ......................... that was twenty five years ago!
Report jed.davison June 1, 2021 1:59 PM BST
Lou I posted earlier but I'd like to add a comment that is not entirely germane to the discussion at hand, is that ok?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 1, 2021 2:00 PM BST
jed

As long as it's not nonsense or lies carry on.
Report scaredmoney June 1, 2021 2:03 PM BST
LaughLaugh

tread carefully jed
Report LoyalHoncho June 1, 2021 2:10 PM BST
Scanda the child in his element.
Report elisjohn June 1, 2021 2:28 PM BST
england 3/1 , to win all3 group matches, max £100 freddies today special
Report scandanavian_haven June 1, 2021 2:38 PM BST
poor loyalhoncho, every day he tries to get my attention, I must have really said something that affected him
Report ffaith June 1, 2021 3:05 PM BST
Every time West Ham play Wolves Mikhail Antonio rips the proverbial out of Conor Coady.  I think Antonio sees it as a personal affront that Coady is involved in the England set up while he has to make do with Jamaica.   What I am trying to convey in a roundabout way is that I dont think Coady is very good.
Report cricketnut2 June 1, 2021 6:22 PM BST
England would have a chance of winning the competition, but a lack of even a half decent goalkeeper, puts me off.
Report Blockfire June 1, 2021 10:50 PM BST
Have you blocked me lou?
Report Blockfire June 1, 2021 10:51 PM BST

Jun 1, 2021 -- 8:28AM, elisjohn wrote:

england 3/1 , to win all3 group matches, max £100 freddies today special

Worth a Stab that I would say! Only live once place it mate

Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 1, 2021 10:55 PM BST
Blockfire

Not yet but just say the word and no problem to me at all.

Like I said I don't have time for child like remarks, biased fans, liars, idiots so if you fall into one of these categories just let me know and I'll block you if you want.

My Dad used to say to me better to have three or four good 'friends' than a hundred 'friends' who aren't good.

I really can't be bothered with fools who can't have a decent, serious conversation.  So i'll stick to the few I find to be ok.
Report Blockfire June 1, 2021 10:57 PM BST
Haha you don't get friends around here pal.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 1, 2021 11:01 PM BST
Not actually looking for friends just decent people who can converse politely, give reasoned NON BIASED opinion and answer sincerely without 'Back to School', ten your olds remarks.

Others can carry on like that no problem it's just not for me so I carry on 'talking' with just the few I want to.  Block the rst with all their nastiness, put downs of me, name calling etc.

It's perfect as once you block someone you can't read a word of what they say other than a Topic title.  Great invention and suits me just fine.
Report scandanavian_haven June 1, 2021 11:04 PM BST
Report Blockfire June 1, 2021 11:05 PM BST
Never used it personally.
Report jed.davison June 2, 2021 7:09 AM BST
What a flouncing fool we have here, mounting his high Braveheart horse when he's come on the thread first of all because he's been triggered by blackrock's obviously tongue-in-cheek comment about England being the best team in the world, and then blown his load about a penalty awarded to England two decades ago.

Simpering, chippy muppet.
Report jed.davison June 2, 2021 7:15 AM BST
I suspect that Lou was one of the stooges in hazmat suits driven to the border a little while ago to wave "keep your Covid in England" signs  in the faces of passers-by.
Report roache June 2, 2021 8:15 AM BST
Poch is still raging about that dive from Owen all those years ago Laugh i was very happy with the result though as a bit of pay back from Simeone's dive in 98 stitching Beckham up.
Report lurka June 2, 2021 8:33 AM BST
Southgate got an unbelievably lucky draw last time (imagine only having to get past Croatia to get to a WC Final) and this time he's going to have home advantage for most of it.

I think England will struggle to beat any good footballing side but that might mean another semi-final or even a final and Southgate getting more good press and a new deal.

England have a great crop of young players coming through (but France have better) and it is important to get the best out of them with a manager who knows how to. If England performed poorly and Southgate gets sacked that wouldn't be a bad result overall for England. Riding on the coattails of home advantage, not beating anyone you're not supposed to (again) and Southgate remaining as manager afterwards would be the worst outcome for England imo. But I wouldn't trust the FA to get anyone better in at the same time.
Report Blackrock June 2, 2021 10:59 AM BST
I hope Southgate has the good sense to play both Grealish and Foden. I like Tyrone Mings at CB. He is a 'proper' defender in my view. Prefer Harry than Stones for other spot.

The best keeper imo is injured. We have a whole bunch of very good right backs. I think TAA has a real touch of class but may not get the call as he has had an indifferent season by his standards.
Report timberman June 2, 2021 11:43 AM BST
Is the premier league the best league in Europe?. I think it is. Chelsea played Man City in champions league final and 7 of 22 starting players were English.
England could have 6 out of 7 games at home.
Think they could go a long way if they think positively.
Report shiny new shoes please June 2, 2021 11:55 AM BST
/\
Free 10 every time England win ..
Mr.Boyle I think
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2021 1:24 PM BST
Imagine if the world had had VAR and referees wristwatches in '66.  English fans wouldn't have suffered 55 years of angst at failing in World Cups and that diddy Hurst would never have been knighted.
Report Giuseppe June 2, 2021 1:25 PM BST
THE BALL DIDN'T CROSS THE LINE
Report Giuseppe June 2, 2021 1:27 PM BST
"Is the premier league the best league in Europe?. I think it is. Chelsea played Man City in champions league final and 7 of 22 starting players were English.
England could have 6 out of 7 games at home.
Think they could go a long way if they think positively. "

timberman, you are forgetting about one thing

it starts with south and rhymes with mate
Report Giuseppe June 2, 2021 1:28 PM BST
as far as I am concerned West Germany won the world cup in 1966
Report Giuseppe June 2, 2021 1:30 PM BST
"I hope Southgate has the good sense to play both Grealish and Foden."

Grealish is possibly the best player of his generation

he will be 26 in September and has FIVE caps for England

says it all about Southgate really
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2021 1:31 PM BST
Yep.  I noticed recently they, "West" Germany, weren;t even credited with a World Cup win, ever.  On Tenable.  And five English fans won £20K between them by not including them as one of the last ten winners!
Sack the researchers Warwick!
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2021 1:35 PM BST
Grealish is a maverick.  Talented, very able but nonetheless a player who can;t be relied on to do as he is briefed/asked.  I would imagine that's the reason.  There's never been an English manager in my lifetime who didn't go for plain old boring obedience.  Stan Matthews wouldn't get a look in today.
Report Aspro June 2, 2021 2:14 PM BST
Fair point there LH. I'm a fan of Grealish, but he does have a tendency to lose possession, which is probably why his selections are limited
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 2, 2021 2:34 PM BST
jed davison

I've now BLOCKED you too.

You see what I mean readers.  Why should I put up with someone having a go at me like that when all I'm doing is joining in and offering my thoughts, opinions.  Would you put up with it?  If someone punched you would you not 'punch' them back?

So you see it's simple to me.  I'll block him/her and therefore not have to read a word from them anymore.
Report scaredmoney June 2, 2021 3:00 PM BST
Lou gunna be typing to himsen afore long
Report kincsem June 2, 2021 3:40 PM BST
England will lose to Croatia, but not to worry, they have the easy match against Scotland next.
But Scotland want to complete the England Brexit, and it ends 0-0.
England beat the Czech Republic, and hopes are high when they meet Spain in the Round of 16.
And then its back home.

"Back home they'll be watching and waiting
And cheering every move
Back home though they think we're the greatest
That's what we've got to prove"
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2021 9:37 PM BST
But LOU "blocking" isn't fighting back - it's turning away.
Report Emitdeb June 2, 2021 9:54 PM BST
If we had Jose Mourinho we would win it and i would be lumping on like never before... but we dont. and we wont. quarters.
Report Emitdeb June 4, 2021 3:10 PM BST
Re: Blocking people. 14 years on.. I've only ever blocked 1 person (brain dead troll).. Cant see the point other than that.. Lou comes across as a right old misery, set in his ways... Happy to be blocked by him. Happy
Report brentford June 4, 2021 3:24 PM BST
Out in the QF's though draw will inevitably be huge in that so maybe a heartbreaking Semi Final

Just on the subject of Grealish who I hope does get opportunities at this tourny as we undoubtedly need some players who'll actually want to be on the ball when things are not going well and certainly has some creative spark ...he really hasn't helped himself in terms of his opportunities by staying @ Villa and/ or big clubs just haven't deemed him worth the price tag?

if he'd made a big move a few years ago and played lots of CL football there'd be evidence in one direction or another as to whether he's really capable of being a difference maker in big games against quality sides or not...as it is most of us would have to say it's as yet largely unclear but safe selections are unlikely to change much from the last 55 years...think it's a pretty average squad to be honest though less standout squads elsewhere currently...levelling up or down ?
Report cricketnut2 June 4, 2021 9:55 PM BST

May 31, 2021 -- 6:05PM, scandanavian_haven wrote:

tried to find match odds on England v Spain but no joy, didn't think I woulddid find outright oddsGermany 9/2Italy 5/1Holland 11/2England 6/1Spain 7/1France 8/1Portugal 10/1

Can't see England beating either Germany or Portugal if they meet up in the final 16, they may beat France however, should it be them.

Report SontaranStratagem June 4, 2021 10:34 PM BST
cricketnut2

I'd have laughed at the France bit a few months ago but they've been awful the past year, although I'd still expect them to beat us should we play them
Report G Hall June 6, 2021 12:21 AM BST
Southgate is more passionate about taking the knee, than he is about the actual football.
Report thelatarps June 6, 2021 9:02 PM BST
FWIW i predict an utterly tedious tournament. Lots of low scoring games decided by the sort of refs decisions we saw in the boro today and plenty of sh!tey VAR nonsense.
International football is crud.
Players are just thrown together, none of the players know to much about their team mates and none of them really care.

Traditionally england lose to the first decent opponent they play.
Not sure there are many decent teams here tho.
Have to say all the ingredients are starting to build up for a classic england clusterbomb pie.
Injured players.
Over rated star player with his mind elsewhere.
Sections of the media starting to turn on the manager.

In the entire history of the Euros England have only won 1 ko match. v Spain on pens in 96.
Out in the round of 16 it is then.
Report scandanavian_haven June 6, 2021 9:24 PM BST
what we need on this forum is more positive happy go lucky posters like thelatarps imo
Report brentford June 6, 2021 9:25 PM BST
n the entire history of the Euros England have only won 1 ko match. v Spain on pens in 96.
Out in the round of 16 it is then.

in fairness it used to be quite a tough tourny to qualify for in the first place and as a result like many we missed a few so it's a relatively small sample size...
Report thelatarps June 6, 2021 9:52 PM BST
True Brent
But I still think its one win from 6.
To put that into contxt, Wales have qualied for one Euros and already won two ko games.
Report lurka June 6, 2021 9:56 PM BST
I still think there are serious questions about England's mentality going back to the last Euros and the World Cup before that. Those questions weren't answered at the last World Cup, unless you count winning on penalties against Colombia after conceding in the 93rd minute as some sort of milestone. 

Re the quality of opposition at the Euros. It will 100% be better than at the World Cup. Compare the groups for starters. Unlikely to meet a teams as poor as Colombia without James or Sweden in the last 16/8. It will be much harder to win or to match a SF finish imo.

Home advantage should help but not a given as there's a lot of pressure with that. I think the manager is a chancer and can't see him doing much on the tactical or motivation side. As the last World Cup and Euros showed, you need a strong defence and to be able to win tight games along the way. I don't think England have that option with this manager or with Mings, Stones and Pickford at the back. One of them will fúck up for a goal.
Report brentford June 6, 2021 9:57 PM BST
oh I agree it ain't pretty and you only have to look at World Cup's for 'previous'

3 euros defeats on pens though....not that I've ever believed they are a lottery but we at least have gained a little belief there on the back of Colombia and the lesser Croatia (nations league or whatever is ) .... maybe we could start playing for them Mischief
Report brentford June 6, 2021 9:59 PM BST
*apologies Switzerland
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 6, 2021 10:08 PM BST
Sweden
Report roache June 6, 2021 10:12 PM BST
I am hoping we can actually qualify from the group although it would be bloody hard not to with 4 teams who finish 3rd also qualifying but Croatia are no mugs and could easily do a number on us then the pressure would crank up tenfold as the Scots arrive and prepare to go to war on us,it will certainly not be plain sailing and will be a massive shock if Southgate reaches the final as we are simply nowhere near good enough to win this tournament.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 6, 2021 10:18 PM BST
roache

Totally agree surely they MUST qualify with the mugs they're in with (including Scotland I know!)

It's just when they actually play a proper, decent side theat out they go every time.
Report Ibrahima Sonko June 6, 2021 10:25 PM BST
I fully expect Croatia to beat England.
Report LoyalHoncho June 6, 2021 10:27 PM BST
What was proper and decent about Iceland like?  And what about Grealish tonight?  What a ponce this guy is - drops like a dying swan at a puff of wind blowing his hair!
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 6, 2021 10:27 PM BST
Ibrahima

Wouldn't be quite so confident myself but yes they may well do.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 6, 2021 10:28 PM BST
loyal

Yes a talented player but shame he goes down so easily.  Think he's been studying Mo Salah videos and copying him?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 6, 2021 11:28 PM BST
Just think with England if they struggle and don't look great at all at home to Austria and Romania what happens when they play good teams with top players like France, Germany, Portugal, Belgium etc.

These teams just seem so much better than England?
Report SontaranStratagem June 7, 2021 3:18 AM BST
All the top sides have been struggling bar Italy in my opinion

But we wont beat any of the teams lou mentioned. People think we'll do Germany and Portugal on route to the final Laugh

Germany are being painted as mugs by our media and fans which will come back to bite them on the arris should we meet them in the knock outs
Report SontaranStratagem June 7, 2021 3:19 AM BST
Holland, Italy, France, Portugal, Belgium will all beat us

And then there's Croatia, Turkey, Denmark who will give us a game
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 7, 2021 7:18 AM BST
Spain's another one.
Report Autocue June 7, 2021 9:49 AM BST
I’m backing Scotland to top England at the group stage. England were flattered in the World Cup and Southgate won’t get the best out of all the good young players he has available.
Report FatherMaguire June 7, 2021 3:44 PM BST
Grealish is perfect for international football - he's the only player who wants possession all the time, all over the pitch, and isn't scared of losing the ball - if he plays, we get tons of free kicks around the box, and Stones (and Maguire later in the tournament) are great bets for FGS if Grealish starts
Report howard June 7, 2021 3:59 PM BST
If we don't beat Scotland we should retire from the tournament there and then.
Report sofiakenny June 7, 2021 4:30 PM BST
Engurlund have a shyte keeper shyte defenders and complete bell as a manager..what could possibly go wrong?
Report SontaranStratagem June 7, 2021 5:25 PM BST
Lou

Forgot Spain but I really don't rate them at all, they've got some right dross and their attack is powderpuff, although they should cruise out the group

England Spain? I dunno its a toss up
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B June 7, 2021 6:15 PM BST
Sont

Yes I take your point they're hardly the Spain of a few years ago are they.  Must get out of the group and if they were to eventually play England?  Both not much cop so who knows.
Report Capt__F June 7, 2021 10:45 PM BST
Report scandanavian_haven June 24, 2021 1:28 AM BST
OK, they nearly met Portugal, instead they're meeting Germany.
Report snowynoon June 24, 2021 10:58 AM BST
they now face the worst german team in history at home ,who scraped out of their group with 6 minutes to spare .Beat them ,which i think they will ,only the Dutch ,who are nothing special stand between them and the final .Compare that with poor old Belguim ,to get to final have to beat Portugal ,then most likely Italy ,then France .England have got incredibly lucky with the draw ....again .
Report Anyska June 24, 2021 11:46 AM BST
knocked out by penos to ze germans, you know its going to happen
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com