Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gotitwrong-
17 May 21 18:08
| Topic/replies: 3,751 | Blogger: gotitwrong-'s blog
wants to stay in prem

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 111
By:
Angoose
When: 17 May 21 18:18
Oh Manchester, so much to answer for ......
By:
TOP3MAN
When: 17 May 21 18:39
And where is he going to go ?

at the age of 27 if Spurs can get 110M+ they should bite the hand of who will pay it. He will only decline from this point onwards.
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 17 May 21 18:43
arsenal? used to support them apparently ?
By:
TOP3MAN
When: 17 May 21 18:50

May 17, 2021 -- 1:43PM, scandanavian_haven wrote:

arsenal? used to support them apparently ?

wants champions league and chance to win the league so not Arsenal

By:
ffaith
When: 17 May 21 18:51
Kane, Ali, Eriksen, Walker, Toby, Son and they won diddly squat.  What a monumental screw up by Levy
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 17 May 21 18:53
you don't go to Tottenham to trophies, you don't go to Arsenal to win top trophies, but you can win cups and maybe the Europa, better than nowt.
By:
Aspro
When: 17 May 21 19:08
Scandy, you know he ain't going to Arsenal. It's one of the Manchester clubs and with Cavani signing a new contract it's almost a no-brainer, unless Levy has a swap deal in mind. Either way, he wants trophies in his career so City is edging it, even though the odds have Utd edging it.
By:
Aspro
When: 17 May 21 19:12
...and yes Lou 'are' probably would have been more appropriate.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 17 May 21 19:16
Asking to leave costs a fortune
in % of fee.

Must have a mega contract lined up
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 17 May 21 19:19
With all the pelanties man utd
get he would be a shoo in for
top goal scorer.

Is his passing good enough for citeh?
By:
Aspro
When: 17 May 21 19:20
Ask Son
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 17 May 21 19:20
Is Real Madrid a likely
good match?
By:
Aspro
When: 17 May 21 19:21
He's not leaving the UK although going to Manchester will be a culture shock Laugh
By:
Giuseppe
When: 17 May 21 19:27
"at the age of 27 if Spurs can get 110M+ they should bite the hand of who will pay it."

they'll just end up blowing it on three overrated players at 35m each
By:
TOP3MAN
When: 17 May 21 19:38
Obesssed with beating Shearer record.

creteria - Wants to win trophies and play in the champions league.

City & United only two guranteed champs league - other then that it is likley to be Leicester or Liverpool.

Can you imagine if Chelsea quailifed for champs league and the only one who wanted him - he'd be greated like Campbell was when returning to Tottenham.
By:
Ell
When: 17 May 21 19:44
They're more likely to buy 7x £15m players (?), like last time.
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 17 May 21 19:48
Campbell's brother was at that game in the Spurs end, Sol Campbell said he saw him though the net of the goal and couldn't believe he went to the game, don't think they spoke for years after
By:
Giuseppe
When: 17 May 21 19:55
"They're more likely to buy 7x £15m players (?), like last time."

how did that work out? honest question I can't remember and don't follow English football that closely

S
By:
Giuseppe
When: 17 May 21 19:55
surely Spurs can afford to buy that type of player already?
By:
Aspro
When: 17 May 21 20:00
We don't buy anymore... we almost buy
By:
Giuseppe
When: 17 May 21 20:03
if i was the spurs owner i would make him run down his contract

**** him

you can't put a price on the "small time selling club" stigma this type of thing creates
By:
Giuseppe
When: 17 May 21 20:03
"come to Spurs to fulfil your dreams, after a few years you too will be able to move on to a big club"
By:
Aspro
When: 17 May 21 20:06
Levy will take the cash if its available. The team needs an overhaul and this will help fund that. Makes perfect sense to sell for the right price and most Spurs' supporters I've discussed this with agree that now is the right time. He's been a loyal servant to the club.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 17 May 21 20:11
you don't need big money to get good players, you only need good scouts and patience, and the ability to pay big wages if the players recruited become successful (which spurs have)
By:
Aspro
When: 17 May 21 20:14
I heard a story that Ferdinand and Sherwood went to watch Suarez before he went to 'Pool. They deemed him not good enough Laugh
By:
Giuseppe
When: 17 May 21 20:20
be prepared to pay big wages to keep players, but not big transfer fees to sign them in teh first palce, that would be my philosophy
By:
TOP3MAN
When: 17 May 21 20:39
Suarez, Cavini, Grealish all of these was put to the vote of the purchasing board and it was split decision of 2 for and 2 against, the majority have to agree for the purchase to be sanctioned and then it comes down to fee, which Levy has overal control.
By:
Aspro
When: 17 May 21 20:59
Cavani's brain is on another planet at Utd. He's that sharp he could read a book before its written.
By:
Ell
When: 17 May 21 21:03
Guiseppe
They sold Bale and spent the money on Eriksen plus Soldado Lamela Chiriches Chadli Capoue Paulinho.
Basically weakened the 1st team and bolstered the reserves.

I don't think the selling teams benefit in the big transfers as everyone knows you've got the money.
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 17 May 21 21:03
whereas Kane is still learning the alphabet in real terms
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 17 May 21 21:04
jestingDevil
By:
thelatarps
When: 17 May 21 22:37
Kane can flucking do one.
I would tell him, if I was Levy, He can forget about the golden boot. Tell him he aint going to play again. He can turn up for training on the hard shoulder of the M25 and thumb a lift home.
Kane is part of the problem at spurs.
Demands to play every game. The way he bullied himself into the champions league final team ahead of Lucas Moura was shameful.
Time and again against Chelsea, City, Utd, even Leicester he goes missing.
He is a cart horse. So slow. No pace and he is hopeless at aerial duels.
The turning point for us this season was the game at Anfield. Kane missed a header virutally on the goal line and we lost, somehow 2-1. Yet all the blame was on Bergwijn because he missed a far harder chance.
I tell you this.
Kane will let England down this summer. You will cruise thru the group phase yet when you come up against a serious opponent like.. ahem.. Croatia he will do next to nothing. Southgate will be too afraid to sub him and Eng will lose.
Kane is not a player who can carry you to major trophies.
He is not a Cristiano, a Messi, a Rooney, a Suarez. SOmeone who can lift the team. Vardy has won 2 major trophies now. Kane 0. That tells its own story.
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 17 May 21 22:47
what a load of crap

how do you bully your way into a team, it's down to the manager alone to pick the team, he was to blame for selecting a 10% fit Kane who had not played in weeks of Moura, can't be given him a free pass, Poch was weak.

Kane has given too many years and been too loyal most top players would have left a long time ago. Benzema and Lukaku have the same pace as Kane but haven't done badly

All top players leave eventually from Tottenham, Modric, Bale, Campbell, Sheringham, Klinsmann, Walker it's nothing personal on their behalf, they just want to win trophies, Kane is 27, his move is long overdue.

I heard a stat on Talksport tonight, since Tottenham last won a trophy, 89 players have left the club and gone on to win something

he's seen Eriksen win the league with Inter, Trippier probably win the league win Atletico, then he looks around and sees Lamela and Lo Celso.
By:
thelatarps
When: 17 May 21 23:00
Presumably you didnt see the league cup final.
Kane started. Was worse than useless. As he often does in games against opponents in which we are overmatched. He cant run. He cant jump. He cant head the ball.
At some point he has to look in the mirror.
Look at the world cup. Golden boot. 3 pens and three goals against panama and someone else in the group stages. Brilliant.
Misses a chance against Croatia.
Then does nothing.
Like so many big time charlies, expects everything on a plate.
The reason why Vardy is a WINNER and Kane is a LOSER is because JV will run himself into the ground for the team.
If chelsea give us Big Tammy and a bit of bunce on top I would bite ROmans hand off.
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 17 May 21 23:10
Vardy always had the pace to run himself into the ground, though he's looking a bit podgier these days
hardly surprising he couldn't get up for the league cup final, probably looked across to Bale with his 4 Champions League final and thinking who cares about this, he's 27

it's true the goals at the world cup were not really note worthy, but his game is about covering short distances well and having a shot on him which he has, you know his well outgrown the club.
By:
thelatarps
When: 17 May 21 23:51
Outgrown the club?
There are only three other teams that could possibly afford him. And two of them dont really want him. And I doubt very much wether Chelsea, who probably do need a number 9 can really be ersed.

Kane has a talent for scoring goals. Thats fine when you are dominating your opponents. When you are not then Kane, like many of his ilk  is anonymous. Spurs, and ENgland are in effect playing with 10 men.

I fear that for nothing more than pure selfism Kane has put his club and his country into an invidious position.
Spurs are clearly going to go into a new season, probably with an unsettled star striker, which is a recipe for a relegation campaign. And the history of international football is replete with big name players embarrassing themselves at major tournaments because their mind isnt fully focused on the job in hand.

If i were Southgate I wouldnt be picking Kane in his current mindset.
By:
elisjohn
When: 18 May 21 04:45
THELATARPS, must say i agree with you
By:
ffaith
When: 18 May 21 08:42
I gotta say the sight of Sterling (built like a mosquito) playing CF while Kane was 'hiding'  playing at the deep lying creator was the first time I doubted weather he was all that
By:
lurka
When: 18 May 21 09:20
Don't think he's a good fit for City or Chelsea. He would have to be accommodated by both of them to some extent. You never know what Pep or Tuchel might do with him, but he doesn't seem to be their type of striker.

He's the type of guy Man U would sign, they will have to sign someone good and there are other top Euro clubs looking for a top stiker so I'd say they may end up going for Kane. He will want to break the PL scoring record and there may be only one PL club willing to buy him.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com