Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
peterhiggins
14 May 21 06:24
| Topic/replies: 789 | Blogger: peterhiggins's blog
What price was he to score the first goal in last night's game between Man Utd and Liverpool, thanks
Pause Switch to Standard View Bruno Fernandes
Show More
Report peterhiggins May 14, 2021 8:51 AM BST
Looks like nobody backed Bruno
Report REDROB May 14, 2021 10:37 AM BST
was an own goal.
Report HGS May 14, 2021 10:42 AM BST
Think it was credited to Bruno rob.
Report tobermory May 14, 2021 11:46 AM BST
Absurd that it was credited to him.

No deflection, defender volleyed it in.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B May 14, 2021 1:40 PM BST
For me it was definitely an own goal surely.  That said I do think it would have gone in the corner though of course we'll never know.
Report Aspro May 14, 2021 1:47 PM BST
Maybe Lou, looked a bit tighter than that for me but as you say, we'll never know now. Agree it was an own-goal though.
Report tobermory May 14, 2021 2:03 PM BST
A deliberate touch by the defender has to be an own goal to me, whether the shot 'was on target' is irrelevant.

But if a player shoots, it hits the bar and bounces in off the diving goalie, then it is an own goal!

Now to me that is the shooters goal, as the goalkeeper's touch is unintentional and unavoidable. Rooney scored one like that vs Switzerland in Euro 2004, and he was credited with it, but now these are counted as own goals Plain
Report Rider May 14, 2021 2:25 PM BST
he moves to the ball to block but obviously it didnt go where he intended, many deflections happen like this, if you cannot say for sure the ball was going wide then its BF's goal, I think it was curling in
Report tobermory May 14, 2021 2:33 PM BST
It wasn't a block though, he tried to clear it
Report Rider May 14, 2021 2:58 PM BST
i think he lunges his leg across just to get something in the way, he just doesnt get far enough in time hence cannoning the ball into the goal
Report duffy May 14, 2021 3:38 PM BST
The ball was volleyed into a totally different direction giving the keeper no chance.

If the ball was allowed to carry on its original direction I believe the keeper would have been able to get across and drop his cap on it as there was no power in it whatsoever, on target should mean little, every situation should be judged individually rather than just whether its on target or not.

The fact that that instance is not deemed an own goal is simply ludicrous.
Report JML May 16, 2021 12:28 PM BST
What price was he to score the first goal in last night's game between Man Utd and Liverpool, thanks

He was 8/1 on here Peter,obviously much less with the bookies,possibly as low as 11/2.

Only remember the price because he was on my shortlist but went with Pogba at 22/1 and Jota at 15/2.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com