Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Angoose
30 Apr 21 16:20
| Topic/replies: 13,841 | Blogger: Angoose's blog
Jose Mourinho has spoken for the first time since he was dramatically sacked by Tottenham last week.

Mourinho was relieved of his duties last Monday following Spurs' disappointing season, with his final game a 2-2 draw with Everton on April 16.

The Portuguese manager was in charge for just 17 months in North London, and faced criticism for his perceived overly defensive playing style and failure to get the best out of many of his star men.

"I am totally absorbed by football, I just love to work. In this moment I have not been working for a week and I am missing it already. Let's enjoy."

Head of talkSPORT Lee Clayton added: “Jose Mourinho is a box office signing for talkSPORT. I can’t wait to hear his views on England, Scotland and Wales as well as the other giants of the tournament.

"His experience and insight will be fascinating for talkSPORT listeners who will also get an exclusive opportunity to put questions to him in post-match phone-ins."

It is not clear where his future now lies, with some suggesting he could be set for international management, but he looks unlikely to return to the Premier League.

However, he has not taken long to find a new part-time job, with the announcement that he will be joining radio station talkSPORT for their coverage of this summer's European Championships.

He will be with listeners across the schedule, from the station's live GameDay programming to regular slots on the Breakfast shows.

And speaking about his new role, Mourinho said: "As a football man I always look to football.

"I look very much forward to it (the new job) because I believe it is going to be something new and something incredible.
Pause Switch to Standard View Jose Mourinho Lands New Job
Show More
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! April 30, 2021 5:54 PM BST
Thats 2 jobs now
With Evening Std as well

Lucky
As PP advert says!!!

Devil
Report RioGrande April 30, 2021 6:40 PM BST
how much $$$ he get?
Report TheBetterBettor April 30, 2021 7:15 PM BST
...... and the sun .... that 3 jobs .... The George Osbourne of football.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! May 2, 2021 12:37 PM BST
4TH JOB
The Times

Interesting article in the Magazine yesterday
He keeps all the training sessions as well as the match stats
On paper
Off all his CLUBS
BLIMEY

Laugh
Report Emitdeb May 2, 2021 2:16 PM BST
Genius.
Report maleuk01. May 2, 2021 4:45 PM BST
Been sacked more times than soft Joe, for failing miserably, despite having huge budgets at all his clubs.

Didnt rate either Salah or DeBruyne and binned them of for pennies.

And people think he is an expert and want his views.

The guy is a busted flush.
Report Giuseppe May 2, 2021 4:55 PM BST
don't forget his gig with patrick powers
Report Capt__F May 2, 2021 5:12 PM BST
Surprised you remember atyour age
Report Giuseppe May 2, 2021 5:13 PM BST
sharp as a tack mate
Report Giuseppe May 2, 2021 5:14 PM BST
it's the mediterranean genes
Report Capt__F May 2, 2021 5:15 PM BST
Pass a few onto your mate lou
Report sageform May 2, 2021 7:08 PM BST
Handing out flyers to the nearest Portuguese restaurant?
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! May 4, 2021 3:16 PM BST
Aged 58 Jose joins the Italian club-ROMA
For the next season
Must be short of the readies

Expect Spurs avoid extra costs as well

Grin
Report sofaking May 4, 2021 3:31 PM BST
I'll give him 18 months at Roma and no doubt we'll see the exact same outcome as at Spurs, Man U and Chelsea.
Report Angoose May 4, 2021 4:09 PM BST
Jose Mourinho has been appointed Roma manager from the start of next season.

The 58-year-old will replace fellow Portuguese Paulo Fonseca, who Roma announced earlier on Tuesday would leave at the end of the current season.

Mourinho, sacked by Tottenham on 19 April, has signed a three-year deal with the three-time Serie A champions.

"The incredible passion of the Roma fans convinced me to accept the job and I cannot wait to start next season," said Mourinho.

"Thank you to the Friedkin family for choosing me to lead this great club. After meetings with the ownership and Tiago Pinto, I immediately understood the full extent of their ambitions.

"It is the same ambition and drive that has always motivated me and together we want to build a winning project," added Mourinho, who has also managed Inter Milan, Chelsea, Manchester United and Real Madrid outside his homeland.

Mourinho was dismissed after 17 months in charge of Spurs following a poor second half of the season in which the north London club slipped from top of the table to outside the European places.

This season Mourinho suffered 10 league defeats in a single campaign for the first time in his managerial career.

Mourinho's previous stint in Italian football was a successful one with Inter Milan that produced four major honours in two years.

He won the Italian title twice, the second victory forming part of the club's historic treble in 2009-10 which also saw them claim the Champions League and Coppa Italia.

Roma have not won Serie A since 2000-01, when former England manager Fabio Capello was in charge. The club - who lost the 1984 European Cup final in their own stadium against Liverpool - also won the title in 1941-42 and 1982-83.

"When Jose became available, we immediately jumped at the chance to speak with one of the greatest managers of all time," said Pinto, general manager of Roma, who are seventh in Serie A.

"We were blown away by Jose's desire to win and his passion for the game: no matter how many trophies he has won, his primary focus is always on the next one. He possesses the knowledge, experience and leadership to compete at all levels.

"We are supremely confident Jose will be the perfect coach for our project, for both our immediate and long-term future."
Report ribero1 May 4, 2021 4:18 PM BST
Think Italy will suit him,credit to him for going straight back in and not sitting on his compensation,as long as there are no class players who are different class to the alternatives yet he refuses to play them he should be fine.
Report scandanavian_haven May 4, 2021 4:38 PM BST
he was too big for Tottenham, think Roma will more wiling to run through brick walls.
Report sofaking May 4, 2021 4:48 PM BST

May 4, 2021 -- 10:38AM, scandanavian_haven wrote:

he was too big for Tottenham, think Roma will more wiling to run through brick walls.

zzzzzz.

Report sofaking May 4, 2021 4:49 PM BST
Dumb take as usual from scanda.
Report Aspro May 4, 2021 4:51 PM BST
The only thing big about Mourinho these days is his ego, which must be severely bruised by now
Report pushkin99 May 4, 2021 4:57 PM BST
Bizarre to me that JM gets yet another big gig, and within a year or so another big payoff.

His best years are well behind him, always leaving a toxic mess for someone else to clear up after him.
Report Whisperingdeath May 4, 2021 5:10 PM BST
He will create interest, curiosity and maybe even encourage some money into the club. Who knows what will ashley happen except ..... kerching £20 Million severance package within 2 years!
Report lurka May 4, 2021 5:22 PM BST
"The incredible passion of the Roma fans convinced me to accept the job and I cannot wait to start next season," said Mourinho.

"Thank you to the Friedkin family for choosing me to lead this great club. After meetings with the ownership and Tiago Pinto, I immediately understood the full extent of their ambitions."

Kaustubh Pandey
@Kaus_Pandey17
·
Nov 18, 2020
Conspiracy theory alert: Roma's appointment of Tiago Pinto is just another way for Jorge Mendes to extend his reach in the European game, get more deals done for himself and just earn money in whatever way he likes.
Report scandanavian_haven May 4, 2021 5:44 PM BST
Mourinho's won titles and European cups, he belongs at a big club which is why I don't know why he's gone to Roma, maybe a lack of options, but he could not achieve what he wanted to at Tottenham because the players werent good enough on the whole and the budget wasn't big enough to get who he really wants, maybe he sees Serie A as a soft touch, more chance of winning a title there than with Tottenham,
Report sofaking May 4, 2021 6:35 PM BST

May 4, 2021 -- 11:44AM, scandanavian_haven wrote:

Mourinho's won titles and European cups, he belongs at a big club which is why I don't know why he's gone to Roma, maybe a lack of options, but he could not achieve what he wanted to at Tottenham because the players werent good enough on the whole and the budget wasn't big enough to get who he really wants, maybe he sees Serie A as a soft touch, more chance of winning a title there than with Tottenham,

You're still not seeing that Mourinho is completely finished as a top level coach. I'm shocked that a club as relatively big as Roma were actually interested in him despite his recent spectacular downfall.

Report RioGrande May 4, 2021 6:54 PM BST
how much pasaytas?
Report pushkin99 May 4, 2021 7:04 PM BST
sofa, u can't tell scandi anything, he is as much out of touch with reality as JM.
Report scandanavian_haven May 4, 2021 7:07 PM BST
there's not a soul on here that does not think your an absolutely looney
Report pushkin99 May 4, 2021 7:10 PM BST

May 4, 2021 -- 1:07PM, scandanavian_haven wrote:

I am sure loony tunes are playing in your bedsit right now. Defo inside your head.

Report scandanavian_haven May 4, 2021 7:19 PM BST
bedsit jokes, amazing.
Report RioGrande May 4, 2021 7:27 PM BST
am i invisible
Report sofaking May 4, 2021 7:52 PM BST

May 4, 2021 -- 1:07PM, scandanavian_haven wrote:

Me? Happy

Report sofaking May 4, 2021 7:54 PM BST

May 4, 2021 -- 12:54PM, RioGrande wrote:

how much pasaytas?

One billion Italian lira per year.

Report pushkin99 May 4, 2021 8:50 PM BST
Thanks sofa, forum trolls such as scanda who infest this site 24/7 with their rubbish really don't like being held to account by the likes of me.

Childishly, they typically resort to tired rhetoric in a pathetic attempt to avoid and deflect scrutiny..........................
Report scandanavian_haven May 4, 2021 8:51 PM BST
^Jesus Christ have a word with yourself, is there anyone you don't get into juvenile arguments with, even on the Liverpool thread, the club you claim to support, they think you're an infant with the copy and pastes walls of text nonsense.
Report pushkin99 May 4, 2021 8:53 PM BST
Scanda, grow up Son.

U really have no life outside your bedsit, save for making childish remarks on the betfair forum 24/7.
Report scandanavian_haven May 4, 2021 8:56 PM BST
You post exactly the same comments to everyone, like this

pushkin99 • January 22, 2020 10:41 PM GMT
Not seen or heard from thebitterbighter for months..............

I think he is still hiding under his urine soaked camp bed in his rat infested bedsit inside the M25 circle.

Probably bunked up with Uncle, Liverpool 1971 and John42. I am sure these chums are all having a lovely cuddle together..............

bedsit jokes, are you not embarrassed at such low level insults, it's embarrassing to read, come up with something a bit more high brow.
Report scandanavian_haven May 4, 2021 8:58 PM BST
or this

pushkin99 • December 1
peabrain the hate filled bigot, is never happier than when he is fantasising and deluding himself all day long as he rattles round in his Sevenoaks council flat, eeking out his miserable existence on benefits.............

what a lovely chapLaugh
Report pushkin99 May 4, 2021 9:00 PM BST
Indeed scanda, u are just as likely a secondary account of one of these trolls.

I will just leave u playing with yourself to your hearts content on here as u ruin yet another thread.
Report scandanavian_haven May 4, 2021 9:05 PM BST
you're an idiot, I make no apologies for saying that.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! May 5, 2021 11:38 AM BST
Expect Chris Smalling will be preparing a
Vodoo doll for Jose

Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com