Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
25 Apr 21 22:37
| Topic/replies: 52,852 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
The approving of names to be added is beyond a joke. Last year, betting on top scorer, couldn't get starting forwards added to the market. Then, with about 7 games to go, they added a couple who had a shot at winning it.

Here for next Spurs boss we have.....

Chris Kamara
George Graham - sacked by Spurs 20 years ago, never managed since, 76 years old.
David Pleat - Managed the club in the 1980s, then had almost a season as caretaker in premier league,  even that is 17 years ago
Franz Beckenbauer - not managed since 1996.
Tim Sherwood
Gazza
Pause Switch to Standard View NEXT TOTTENHAM MANAGER
Show More
Report scandanavian_haven June 8, 2021 12:59 AM BST
even other posters have started to notice your obsession with me, I've really must have triggered you without even knowing what it was, randomly mentioning me  on a thread when there's been no provocation,  think this requires counselling, staking is a psychological disorder, I will pay, I'm charitable.
Report sofaking June 8, 2021 2:43 AM BST

Jun 7, 2021 -- 5:11PM, Emitdeb wrote:

Levy's obviously getting nowhere fast.. Really should be time to interview Potter. What other options are there?

Potter would sh1t himself at a big club. I definitely don't think he's a good candidate for the Spurs job. But I can't think of any other available options. Confused

Report Life-Lucky June 8, 2021 7:21 AM BST
Rafa? Always liked him, he's an old school warrior like SAF.
Report Aspro June 8, 2021 9:50 AM BST
From my perspective, Martinez looks the next most likely. God help us.
Report ffaith June 8, 2021 2:59 PM BST
I backed Inter against Seville in the EL final.  Not impressed.  I dont think Conte is any great loss
Report sofaking June 8, 2021 4:38 PM BST

Jun 8, 2021 -- 1:21AM, Life-Lucky wrote:

Rafa? Always liked him, he's an old school warrior like SAF.

Rafa would be ok, I guess. Definitely a better option than Potter-chino, Parker, Martinez etc.  The market doesn't have a clue what's going on.

Report Aspro June 8, 2021 4:44 PM BST
Martinez is growing on me a little I will admit. He's within touching distance of being a sought-after manager or joining Allardyce et al. Might be worth a cheap gamble.
Report tobermory June 8, 2021 5:00 PM BST
Poch surged back in based on a one source report that PSG are going to approach Zidane.
Report Emitdeb June 8, 2021 5:17 PM BST
Zidane! why? Who? What?.. Not for me thanks.
Report tobermory June 8, 2021 7:15 PM BST
Gasperini is suddenly 4th in the betting
Report sofaking June 8, 2021 7:37 PM BST

Jun 8, 2021 -- 11:17AM, Emitdeb wrote:

Zidane! why? Who? What?.. Not for me thanks.

Emitdeb: It's Zidane for PSG, not Spurs.  Yes, the guy who won multiple CL titles with a well past their best Real Madrid side. What do you mean by "not for me" and "who"? Confused

Report johnnythebull June 8, 2021 7:51 PM BST
the problem is that tightwad bellend Levy..no decent manager has any faith in him or his lack of spending

hence we're scratching and will end up with smn not up to the job whose tenure will be far from lengthy

and so the non achieving cycle will continue ad infinitum(if not longer)Grin

plus ca change..at least Levy saved some money on the new stadium by not having to spend on a trophy cabinet!
Report scandanavian_haven June 8, 2021 7:55 PM BST
the misplaced arrogance to say "Zidane not for me" lol like Tottenham are in a position to turn down 3x Champions League and 2x La Liga winning manager in his prime when most people think you'll end up with Potter, there's barely any money to spend and are in the conference league.
Report Emitdeb June 8, 2021 8:10 PM BST
sofa.. Obviously it's PSG who are interested in Zidane. I Just dont Rate Zidane. imo, took over a superb team who would have won 3 Champions leagues with OGS in charge!  Laugh

that's my opinion.. Happy   Great Great Player, yet to prove himself a decent manager.
Report sofaking June 8, 2021 8:20 PM BST

Jun 8, 2021 -- 2:10PM, Emitdeb wrote:

sofa.. Obviously it's PSG who are interested in Zidane. I Just dont Rate Zidane. imo, took over a superb team who would have won 3 Champions leagues with OGS in charge!

Report sofaking June 8, 2021 8:21 PM BST
Laughable comment Emitdeb. Grin
Report Emitdeb June 8, 2021 8:29 PM BST
Levy being super tight wad and current position of the club... which leans away from top class managers being attracted. So why not give a young seemingly talented Mr Potter a go? Love (i'm so green on Potter) 

we all have opinions sofa.. glad my one has amused you Happy
Report lurka June 8, 2021 9:05 PM BST
Zidane to PSG and then Poch to Spurs. Will be surprised if this doesn't happen. Maybe PSG will go for Conte but if they can get someone else in he will go back to Spurs. That's what's going on behind the scenes at PSG imo.
Report ffaith June 8, 2021 10:24 PM BST
I dont know why Potter gets a kicking on here.  How do you know how he would proform at a higher level? it smacks of snobbishness, lack of imagination.  Have you seen his team play?  imagine how he would transform Le Celso(baller), Alli and Son.   He relies on a 4th rate irishman, a 3rd rate frenchman and the talented but fragile Welbeck to get goals.  A punt no doubt but I thought spurs had a rep for playing good football?  the english bias I guess
Report Capt__F June 8, 2021 10:27 PM BST
Potter a Wizard
Report scandanavian_haven June 8, 2021 11:04 PM BST
it's nothing against Potter's ability, but the appointment would be a reflection of where Tottenham are, they are not in a position to attract a big fish, yet you read comments about how they don't want Zidane as if Zidane would consider it, and that's nothing against Tottenham it's just that they can't provide mega funds which top managers want or least stepping into a high quality team to manage.
Report tobermory June 8, 2021 11:12 PM BST
I read that the Conte deal fell through because Spurs players who had heard from their Chelsea mates what a bsatard Conte is, went to Levy and told him that tough training sessions and shouting would harm team morale Crazy
Report Capt__F June 8, 2021 11:14 PM BST
Cunte to his mates
Report sofaking June 9, 2021 1:20 AM BST

Jun 8, 2021 -- 5:04PM, scandanavian_haven wrote:

it's nothing against Potter's ability, but the appointment would be a reflection of where Tottenham are, they are not in a position to attract a big fish, yet you read comments about how they don't want Zidane as if Zidane would consider it, and that's nothing against Tottenham it's just that they can't provide mega funds which top managers want or least stepping into a high quality team to manage.

Read Emitdeb's post again. He never said he didn't want Zidane at Spurs. You just keep putting your foot in your mouth scanda, don't you.

Report sofaking June 9, 2021 1:21 AM BST

Jun 8, 2021 -- 5:12PM, tobermory wrote:

I read that the Conte deal fell through because Spurs players who had heard from their Chelsea mates what a bsatard Conte is, went to Levy and told him that tough training sessions and shouting would harm team morale

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet"- George Washington- 1879.

Report Life-Lucky June 9, 2021 8:36 AM BST
I backed Inter against Seville in the EL final.  Not impressed.  I dont think Conte is any great loss

Ffaith, agreed. I stumbled upon a year-old vid on YouTube, Conte was not well-though of by the panelists which included Gabriel Marcotti and some other big-hitters.

I admire Daniel Levy for his decision
Report scandanavian_haven June 9, 2021 10:56 AM BST
I thought that sofa and emiteb are the same poster, now sofa getting angry after I quoted emitebs post confirms it.
Report tobermory June 9, 2021 11:24 AM BST
Ten Haag price falling through the floor now
Report Emitdeb June 9, 2021 12:18 PM BST
we're brothers scan.
Report WhiteHatJon June 9, 2021 2:01 PM BST
Just had a long chat with a pal of mine who is a big Saints fan.

He is not someone I would call a massive guesser, by the way.

Anyway, following conversations he has had with various friends on the South coast, they believe that Spurs will end up with Hasenhuttl as manager and Ings as Arry's replacement.

Now I agree that we have raided Southampton at various times in the past, but I really hope he is wrong on both counts.

Martinez is still my best worse option, as we stand today.
Report tobermory June 9, 2021 2:15 PM BST
Surely Levy could not take 2 months and then unveil the 0-9 guy
Report Emitdeb June 9, 2021 2:27 PM BST
Giving up trying to make sense of this procedure... Given up trading the market.. Wake me up when it's over.   Blush
Report Aspro June 9, 2021 2:32 PM BST
Heard a lot of strong rumours about Ings myself. I personally am a fan and would be happy to have him
Report scandanavian_haven June 9, 2021 2:42 PM BST
the 0-9 guyGrin
Report sofaking June 9, 2021 5:00 PM BST

Jun 9, 2021 -- 6:18AM, Emitdeb wrote:

we're brothers scan.

Brother from another mother. Excited  Anyway, I don't want the Southampton guy and Ings is extremely injury prone.

Report tobermory June 9, 2021 6:48 PM BST
Levy is making Spurs look small time now.

Never heard of a 'Super League' club unable to find a decent coach in 7 weeks.
Report duncan idaho June 9, 2021 7:04 PM BST
stadium + Covid has skinted them...candidates know havent pot to pi$$ in other than Kane money
Report tobermory June 9, 2021 8:37 PM BST
Unreal Fonseca odds on with bookies Cry

So that'll be a 500 loss for me.

Not even in the frikn market

I tried to get him added and they said they'd pass it on to the team...

140 mostly joke candidates and they couldn't add someone that would have been in the top 10 of the betting all the way
Report tobermory June 9, 2021 8:38 PM BST
Someone added Barry Fry ffs
Report tobermory June 9, 2021 8:40 PM BST
Really sickening.

He is still not in the market, 4/11 with skybet
Report tobermory June 9, 2021 8:42 PM BST
And now they put him in at odds on

What an absolute farce this has been
Report tobermory June 9, 2021 8:44 PM BST
After they failed to add Fonseca  yesterday I was intending to have £20 on him yesterday @28/1 but thought would see how the ten Haag move played out first.

Not sure they would have allowed such a 'big bet' though.
Report scaredmoney June 9, 2021 8:51 PM BST
Only a grand been put on him tobs, hardly shovelling it on.....a few more twists in this i think mate

gl
Report scandanavian_haven June 9, 2021 8:53 PM BST
yeah, there is no real frontrunner, nobody has a clue because Levy's making it look like he's trying really hard, all this time, oh look i can't get any big name, I tried, then in comes Potter.
Report tobermory June 9, 2021 8:58 PM BST
Media seem pretty sure about it.

I mentioned it was stupid that he wasn't in it 3 weeks back but I didn't care much then as if some not listed had won I'd have ended up level.

Now my backs have been way higher than lays since.

I tried to add him yesterday. How the fk did you get people added? I was on live chat and the guy said no problem he would pass on the request. Was hoping he would go in and I'd have backed him . Didn't have any info about it but was concerned that he was the most likely unlisted one to get it.

Truly incredible that they could add some of the comedy names and not have Fonseca. They actually had him in the Everton market.

The stupidest market I have ever seen.
Report TOP3MAN June 9, 2021 9:11 PM BST
Paolo Fonseca new Tottenham head coach......... Thats it Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy can **** right off, they have got massive fines for the super league debacle, had mourinho gamble that was a joke from start to finish, squad has suffered mentally.

The bloke was replaced by Mourinho FFS.......this is a joke scenario. Kane will be gone by the end of the euros, this bloke will be sacked by christmas and someone like allydyce will be installed to steer us away from relegation. This appointment is a joke
Report scandanavian_haven June 9, 2021 9:38 PM BST
finished 5th and then 7th with Roma, but won the Ukrainian league, far cry from the heights of Conte winning the English and Italian titles, if true Levy hasn't exactly pulled something out the bag here, Fonseca probably can't believe his luck.
Report sofaking June 9, 2021 9:40 PM BST
Who the **** is this Forseca guy? Cry
Report sofaking June 9, 2021 9:41 PM BST
Who the **** is this Forsaco guy?  Joke appointment. ENIC OUT.
Report sofaking June 9, 2021 9:42 PM BST
Argh, huge delay with my posts actually appearing here after I click "enter".
Report scandanavian_haven June 9, 2021 9:44 PM BST
Levy probably though it would please the Tottenham fans because Paolo Fonseca sounds like such an exotic foreign name and Tottenham fans will think he's good and I've unearthed a gem hereLaugh
Report sofaking June 9, 2021 9:44 PM BST

Jun 9, 2021 -- 3:44PM, scandanavian_haven wrote:

Levy probably though it would please the Tottenham fans because Paolo Fonseca sounds like such an exotic foreign name and Tottenham fans will think he's good and I've unearthed a gem here

Bad take as usual from scanda.

Report tobermory June 9, 2021 9:46 PM BST
Fonseca was Roma boss and they appointed Mourinho while he was still there. Then he stood on the touchline for the remaining games like a cuckholded guy....

Was a bit sad. Though he did well with Shakthar i guess he is a bit desperate now, so probably not gonna make Conte type demands.
Report Emitdeb June 9, 2021 9:47 PM BST
Of all the Portuguese prks on the planet didn't expect to end up with this one! Sad

Give the guy a chance!  Worst finish in 12 years for Roma!..   Well Done Daniel! (sarcasm)  Cry
Report sofaking June 9, 2021 9:48 PM BST
Be gone by October or November methinks.
Report sofaking June 9, 2021 9:49 PM BST
Embarrassed to be a Spurs supporter. An absolute joke and laughing stock of a club.
Report sofaking June 9, 2021 9:52 PM BST
"The Portuguese was criticised for his failure to achieve results in crunch Serie A games, as he managed only four wins in 24 outings against Italy's top sides since his arrival in 2019"
Report tobermory June 9, 2021 9:52 PM BST
Imagine how hard Mourinho is laughing.

A guy whose job he just took with ease is Levy's idea of an upgrade
Report scaredmoney June 9, 2021 9:58 PM BST
Quite a damning stat there sofa
Report scandanavian_haven June 9, 2021 9:59 PM BST
I forget about that, Tottenham and Roma swapping managers, how bizarre, when was the last time that happened, Roma don't deem him good enough but Tottenham do, has to be because he will be low maintenance
Report tobermory June 9, 2021 9:59 PM BST
How funny would it be if PSG sack Poch the day after Fonseca is appointed.
Report TOP3MAN June 9, 2021 10:33 PM BST
This is how the interview is going

So we want you to progress the youth team into the first team ranks

Harry Kane wont be here and only a small part of his sale will be available to strengthen the squad due to the Pandemic

You will get free tickets to the NFL games as a perk to your role in the club

All sounds good.

Just one last thing........ You wont be paid a salary, result payments only..................Just Sign Here mr......................Where has he gone!!

Ok whose next,,,,,,, Ive got Big Sam on the list
Report Cork Langer June 9, 2021 10:47 PM BST
Most bizarre, how he believes this will do anything other than alienate him even further from the Spurs rank and file is anyone's guess, has disaster written all over it, surely it is just for the media until a real name is revealed...?
Report lurka June 10, 2021 5:22 AM BST
There is nothing to this story imo. They have to be seen to be searching while they wait for PSG to find someone new and release Poch. PSG will accommodate Poch because he's a former player who is not working out and wants to leave and if they can get Zidane they will be better off than with Poch and it will work out better for everyone.

Think about Levy's position because that's what he will be thinking about. This guy does nothing to deflect pressure from fans away from him. It will only make it worse for him. Levy is no idiot and this guy makes no sense for anyone.
Report ashbourne June 10, 2021 8:57 AM BST
We'll have the best stadium in the championship
Report HGS June 10, 2021 9:00 AM BST
Has to be one of, if not the maddest new manager markets ever. Utterly shambolic how some daft names like George Graham, Ryan Giggs, Barry Fry and Alan Hansen ffs to name a few are there but  an odds on jolly takes an age to be added to the market, and what a new odds on jolly this is. Fonseca??? Excuse me if I can't be arsed to google who he is but wasn't Premier League experience an important box to be ticked for this process?? Can only think how Spuds fans are feeling. Completely unreal couple of months.
Report WhiteHatJon June 10, 2021 9:42 AM BST
If this is our new manager, then Levy out, Lewis out.

I will be embarressed to call myself a Spurs fan, and to cap this nonsence off, Jose must be pi**ing himself laughing at us ?

Tell me it's not true, please ?
Report Aspro June 10, 2021 10:21 AM BST
I can only assume Paratici has recommended him, but this doesn't appear cut and dried yet, however; once the BBC run with it there is usually weight behind the story. I went in early with Conte and although I nicked a few quid, it could have been considerably more if I had been a little more patient. Admittedly I'm only £20 green across the board, but was hoping to get into three figures at least... hopefully today can be that day!
Report HGS June 10, 2021 10:48 AM BST
1k to lay at 1.45 Fonseca Shocked
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! June 10, 2021 12:48 PM BST
Cant believe Rafa is thinking of the Toffees
Spurs an idea fit

Shocked
Report ffaith June 10, 2021 2:56 PM BST
Said if they went with a younger manager it would be someone photogenic with media friendly looks.  If it is to be Fonseca then I suggest the spurs fans take a long hard look at their chairman
Report Aspro June 10, 2021 4:34 PM BST
Laugh
Report sofaking June 10, 2021 5:13 PM BST

Jun 10, 2021 -- 4:21AM, Aspro wrote:

I can only assume Paratici has recommended him, but this doesn't appear cut and dried yet, however; once the BBC run with it there is usually weight behind the story. I went in early with Conte and although I nicked a few quid, it could have been considerably more if I had been a little more patient. Admittedly I'm only £20 green across the board, but was hoping to get into three figures at least... hopefully today can be that day!

Yeah, apparently he's Paratici's number one choice. This appointments stinks of Christian Gross/Juande Ramos and will most likely end in disaster a few months into next season.

Report sofaking June 10, 2021 8:28 PM BST
Some info on this Fonseca guy if anyone interested. perhaps I was a bit hasty in judging him:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN4FzNSSoXw
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY June 10, 2021 9:50 PM BST
Doesn't matter what coach spurs get.... problem is mindset
Report Emitdeb June 10, 2021 10:03 PM BST
sofa.. Jack farr, coming live from London in his bedroom (an expert on Roma) ... Fonseca is Ace! ... Glad we cleared that up. Happy
Report irish_guy_13 June 10, 2021 11:34 PM BST
1/10 with slybet. Spurs fans made fools of again.
Report LoyalHoncho June 11, 2021 12:28 AM BST
If Pochettino hadn't had delusions of self-grandeur and, in the ten days leading up to the CL final had busied himself with the creation of a positive mental aapproach to the match in his squad, instead of sending a message that they weren't good enough by publicly berating Levy for not giving him enough money to buy anew, we might never have been here.
Just why Spurs would want him back I don't know.
He improved performances but won nothing.  That should never be forgotten.  Nor should his dreadful team selection for the final.
Report sofaking June 11, 2021 3:34 AM BST

Jun 10, 2021 -- 4:03PM, Emitdeb wrote:

sofa.. Jack farr, coming live from London in his bedroom (an expert on Roma) ... Fonseca is Ace! ... Glad we cleared that up.

Trust doom-merchant to p1ss on my cornflakes when I try to be positive. Grin

Report Emitdeb June 11, 2021 6:08 AM BST
LaughLaughWink
Report 11kv June 11, 2021 7:21 AM BST
Has Alan Curbishley thrown his hat in the ring yet?
Report FIGJAM June 11, 2021 12:27 PM BST
What a sh.t show this apparent appointment is.
An average manager with an average team.
Most Spurs fans will tell you that we need a complete clear out, by the time this
manager with no prem experience realises what a lot of dross we have it'll be Christmas.
Even the so called good players such as Lo Celso and N'Dombele aren't up to scratch, the poor players such as
Sanchez, Winks and Sissoko, Doherty et al will probably stay until the next manager is exasperated.
Mid-table mediocrity for us with a mid-table manager.

No wonder Arry is voicing his dissent.
Report TheAnorak June 11, 2021 12:35 PM BST
"Has Alan Curbishley thrown his hat in the ring yet?"

I think there's a 'next manager' rule that says he can only get involved after Pardew has rejected the job.

And more seriously, can't argue with Figjam that we'll be mid table for at least the next two seasons. Points totals under 60 seem likely and could provide a betting opportunity on the spreads.
Report Emitdeb June 11, 2021 5:24 PM BST
Please can we try to look on the bright side? Some of us dont need our sparkle dampened any more than it has been already!
Report sofaking June 11, 2021 5:31 PM BST

Jun 11, 2021 -- 11:24AM, Emitdeb wrote:

Please can we try to look on the bright side? Some of us dont need our sparkle dampened any more than it has been already!

I tried to look on the bright side but you shot me down with ruthless aggression. Angry

Report Aspro June 11, 2021 5:41 PM BST
he had a point though Wink
Report Emitdeb June 11, 2021 6:10 PM BST
sofa, I thought your account had been hacked with all that positivity ! Shocked Grin   worried me (a little) Grin
Report The Dragon June 11, 2021 6:21 PM BST
you couldnt make it upCrazy
Report sofaking June 11, 2021 6:32 PM BST

Jun 11, 2021 -- 12:10PM, Emitdeb wrote:

sofa, I thought your account had been hacked with all that positivity ! 

Report sofaking June 11, 2021 6:33 PM BST
Emitdeb, I had a moment of madness but I've recovered now. This new guy will be gone by November. CrazyCrazy
Report Aspro June 11, 2021 6:34 PM BST
Well he's apparently earmarked three Roma players. I guess they'll perform better in a stronger league Crazy
Report sofaking June 11, 2021 6:45 PM BST
Dark times call for gallows humour.Mischief
Report scaredmoney June 11, 2021 6:47 PM BST
Cant be worse than Jose lads surely, gotta give him a chance.
Report Aspro June 11, 2021 6:48 PM BST
It's not like we have a choice, but you're right; he could turn out to be a surprise appointment
Report TheAnorak June 11, 2021 7:58 PM BST
So in the end,it was a case of 'any port in a storm'.

https://www.portugalvineyards.com/en/tawny-port/703-fonseca-bin-27-port-5013...
Report sofaking June 11, 2021 8:31 PM BST
I know very little about this new guy but I still wouldn't swap him for Lidl Pep at Arsenal.
Report sofaking June 11, 2021 8:32 PM BST
Aka pound shop Pep....
Report tobermory June 12, 2021 4:14 PM BST
Anyone think Levy is waiting for England v Croatia to kick off before unveiling Fonseca?
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! June 12, 2021 6:19 PM BST
onfirmed new manager
Sad
Report Johnny_Mustang June 13, 2021 8:31 AM BST
TheAnorak

"Has Alan Curbishley thrown his hat in the ring yet?"

I think there's a 'next manager' rule that says he can only get involved after Pardew has rejected the job.

Bravo Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com