Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 1058 comments are related to the topic:
NEXT TOTTENHAM MANAGER

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 5 of 27  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 27 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,058
By:
Giuseppe
When: 20 May 21 22:30
speaks English presumably from his time at the now defunct Rangers too
By:
lurka
When: 21 May 21 13:56
Sky reporting Nuno is leaving Wolves
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 21 May 21 14:02
2+2....
By:
Angoose
When: 21 May 21 14:04
Wolves say manager Nuno Espirito Santo will leave the club by mutual consent at the end of the season.

The Portuguese boss has spent four years at Molineux, guiding the club back to the Premier League before also reaching the Europa League quarter-final.

Wolves are 12th heading into the final day and Nuno will exit the club as its fifth longest serving manager of the post-war era.
By:
tobermory
When: 21 May 21 14:05
And so he is straight into fav

Well that's great, I am 200 red Nuno, never been a whisper about him. Could have greened up easily this morning.

May as well lay him more as I can't see how Levy would see this as a coup after Wolves poor season and perceived boring play.
By:
tobermory
When: 21 May 21 14:07
Seems more likely Nuno just got sacked IMO
By:
Angoose
When: 21 May 21 14:09
Aye, wouldn't be moving on in such a low key manner if he was on his way to Spuds ....
By:
Angoose
When: 21 May 21 14:09
So lay some more Nuno Excited
By:
GoBallistic
When: 21 May 21 14:42
Doubt Spurs will be able to do much better than him. At least he knows what to do with Matt Doherty
By:
Angoose
When: 21 May 21 14:45
Spuds in London, innit, no lack of "big names" ready, willing, and able to take charge of a "big" team in a new stadium.
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 21 May 21 15:41
Another Portguses of man of war
BIG JOKE
Where can i lay the odds-on?

Laugh
By:
Angoose
When: 21 May 21 15:42
Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa has held talks with the club over a new contract and is "not considering alternatives."

The Argentine, 65, who has been at Leeds since 2018, signed a one-year deal 24 hours before the start of the current season in September.

He reiterated he would decide his future after the final game of the season, at home to West Brom on Sunday.

"The evaluation of the continuity of a manager is such a delicate decision," he said.

But he added: "I can't not say I have revised with the authorities of the club all the variables that means to carry on.

"I am not considering any alternative option. I am being sincere, I do not have alternative options." Excited
By:
Aspro
When: 21 May 21 16:01
Cry
By:
scaredmoney
When: 21 May 21 16:07
Grin
By:
The Dragon
When: 21 May 21 16:21
no idea who its going to beCrazy
By:
sofaking
When: 21 May 21 16:58
I'll start a riot if Santo ends up at Spurs.Angry
By:
Angoose
When: 21 May 21 17:04
Watching the people get lairy
It's not very pretty I tell thee Scared
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 21 May 21 18:39
What about Kevin Keegan, entertaining football ?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 21 May 21 18:43
I would love that
By:
tobermory
When: 21 May 21 18:46
Did that Rooney Rule thing ever come in for the Premier League???

Just thinking they might give Nuno an interview to cover that, and delay him going out to a realistic price.
By:
scaredmoney
When: 21 May 21 18:49
dont think so tobs....would have been on the back pages for weeks
By:
Emitdeb
When: 21 May 21 23:09
sofaking

I'll start a riot if Santo ends up at Spurs

Who would want this loser? Jumping before he was pushed..

I'm becoming more and more Convinced Potter is our man... I may have overindulged..
By:
wolf3011
When: 21 May 21 23:14

May 21, 2021 -- 11:09PM, Emitdeb wrote:

sofakingI'll start a riot if Santo ends up at SpursWho would want this loser? Jumping before he was pushed.. I'm becoming more and more Convinced Potter is our man... I may have overindulged..

very harsh.. lol @ potter btw, has all the charisma of a pot plant

By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 22 May 21 11:53
Rafa disapereared from the betting
BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shocked
By:
Angoose
When: 22 May 21 12:06
No, he's still there, you can back him at 50 Excited
By:
Angoose
When: 22 May 21 16:58
Martinez spotted in London Mischief
By:
Giuseppe
When: 22 May 21 17:00
Martinez's record at Wigan was terrible

every season they were fighting relegation and eventually they did go down

not once did he manage a mid table finish
By:
scaredmoney
When: 22 May 21 17:08
not much better at everton
By:
Angoose
When: 22 May 21 17:11
But he does a fantastic PowerPoint presentation Excited
By:
Giuseppe
When: 22 May 21 17:12
whilst I think Martinez is a much better manager than Southgate I think there are similarities between the two

both have a reputation as being intelligent etc. and both have been very lucky to land he jobs they have

both have achieved little
By:
Giuseppe
When: 22 May 21 17:14
Martinez is probably still dining out on winning the FA Cup with Wigan

the irony is he was used to play weakened teams in it every year, he didn't take it seriously, including the year they won it, he probably only started playing the first XI in the QF
By:
Giuseppe
When: 22 May 21 17:16
he basically ambushed Man City with a smash and grab job 1-0 in the final and got Everton and Belgium jobs on the back of that
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 22 May 21 18:00
Laugh

you have some serious anger issues, I can help, have you tried reading the book don't sweat the small stuff
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 22 May 21 19:15
Anger?  Laugh
Tell me, are you a grown up or do you simply have attention seeking issues because daddie ignore you when you were growing up.  Didn't come to watch you playing football, etc?  Or did big brother always get the limelight?  Or, as I have hinted, do you have a mental age of about 14?
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 22 May 21 19:32
keep this up, it's like having a front seat at the circus.
By:
Angoose
When: 23 May 21 06:30
According to Rai Sport journalist Ciro Venerato, Daniel Levy has put Gennaro Gattuso on his list of potential candidates, as it’s widely expected that the 43-year-old will leave Napoli this season.

Speaking on Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli (via CalcioNapoli24), he said: “Gattuso will not be the Napoli coach from Monday, the Napoli players have known for months that Rino will no longer be the Napoli coach. Lazio and Juventus are on Gattuso, but the news of the day is that Tottenham have put Gattuso on the list of candidates for the next coach.

“The English club have been dealing with [Antonio] Conte for a month but now also like Gattuso. Tottenham president Daniel Levy has seen many Napoli matches and has watched Gattuso closely. He was impressed by the quality of the game and the quality of the ideas, seeing the matches against Milan and Roma.”

Many in North London will know all about the former AC Milan midfielder, as he was involved in a controversial incident during a Champions League tie in 2011. The skipper headbutted Harry Redknapp’s assistant Joe Jordan on the sidelines following a 1-0 win for Spurs at the San Siro.

“Gattuso had a flare-up with Joe Jordan. I don’t know why,” claimed the former Spurs manager, via The Guardian. “He obviously hadn’t done his homework. He could’ve picked a fight with somebody else. Putting his head into Joe’s face, it was crazy. He lost his head.”

This sort of attitude has hardly changed as he’s transitioned into a coaching career. Back in November, Corriere dello Sport (via Daily Mail) reported that the Italian had clashed with his Gli Azzurri squad.

“I’ve been talking about this for months now. I see an attitude I don’t like and it hurts me. We need to sort this aspect out as soon as possible,” Gattuso fumed.

It was thought that this remark left the players furious and that’s hardly a surprise given his previous comments on the ‘modern-day footballer,’ once claiming: “When I lost a match I broke down in frustration. Today players lose, take a selfie and put it on the Internet. They make me sick.”

His record is actually quite respectable, but it has mostly been his time in Naples which has drawn success, clinching the Coppa Italia last season and registering a 58.75% win rate in charge.

In fact, former Milan superstar Kaka described him as “a phenomenon”, as he demands the best from his teams in training and tries to motivate them with the same sort of energy his displayed on the pitch, as per Football Italia.

What is clear, though, is that his potential appointment could certainly fire a rocket right through this Spurs squad – players like Dele Alli, who was dubbed “lazy” by Jose Mourinho, and Erik Lamela, who has done very little in the eight years he’s been here, should be worried if Gattuso gets the gig.

The same players who let Mauricio Pochettino down in those fateful few months after their Champions League heartbreak in 2019 are pretty much the ones which saw Jose Mourinho face a premature departure from north London.

If there isn’t much of a squad overhaul in the coming months, then Gattuso could be the man to get Spurs back on the straight and narrow.
By:
tobermory
When: 23 May 21 19:40
Scott Parker getting backed today again,.surely not...
By:
Aspro
When: 23 May 21 19:42
Rodgers fav again tomorrow Mischief
By:
sofaking
When: 23 May 21 20:02

May 23, 2021 -- 7:40PM, tobermory wrote:

Scott Parker getting backed today again,.surely not...

Absolutely no chance of parker getting the gig. he'd be a disastrous appointment.

By:
Angoose
When: 23 May 21 20:08
He'd be great, would show everyone his oyster card at the press conference Laugh
Page 5 of 27  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 27 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com