Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 1058 comments are related to the topic:
NEXT TOTTENHAM MANAGER

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 27  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 27 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,058
By:
sofaking
When: 02 May 21 22:23

May 2, 2021 -- 8:54PM, Emitdeb wrote:

Not that Ralph.. sofa, I'm talking about the talented one.

Ah, you mean "Ralf".

By:
Capt__F
When: 02 May 21 22:32
Ralph Malph
By:
Angoose
When: 06 May 21 16:29
Tottenham have held talks with Inter Milan boss Antonio Conte about their managerial vacancy. Discussions with the Premier League-winning former Chelsea manager come after the 51-year-old Italian guided Inter to their first league title in 11 years. (Corriere dello Sport, via Express)
By:
n88uk
When: 06 May 21 16:44
No-one with experience is going to want a job being told you're selling your two best players, and looking to replace them with a couple of free transfers.
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 06 May 21 16:51
why would he leave the Italian Champions who have Champions League football?
By:
Aspro
When: 06 May 21 16:56
I'm not so sure n88uk. First I have to ask... two best players?

Most know Kane only has a few years left and he's injury prone too. If Utd are pushing £90m (which will rise) then that alone will give the new manager something to play with. An experienced manager could possibly get the lot and perhaps a few bob more which, if true, could be very tempting. If Levy offers little or none of it then you're right and no experienced manager would look twice.
By:
sofaking
When: 06 May 21 17:36

May 6, 2021 -- 4:44PM, n88uk wrote:

No-one with experience is going to want a job being told you're selling your two best players, and looking to replace them with a couple of free transfers.

Do you have inside information on what's going on with ENIC and Levy?   Or did you just make that up?  Where did you hear Spurs will sell Kane and Dier and replace them with two free transfers?

By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 06 May 21 17:54
you are one sensitive Tottenham fan sofa
By:
sofaking
When: 06 May 21 17:58
You're not good a reading people on the internet, scanda.
By:
sofaking
When: 06 May 21 17:58
at*
By:
tobermory
When: 09 May 21 14:30
Simone Inzaghi, who is managing Lazio, has surged to clear fav

Confused
By:
Giuseppe
When: 09 May 21 14:40
**** off
By:
Emitdeb
When: 09 May 21 15:39
7/4 with one bookmaker... Fricking hate these markets Cry
By:
Aspro
When: 09 May 21 16:57
I dunno. I won £800 playing the market when Santini got the job. Hardly risked a dollar
By:
Emitdeb
When: 09 May 21 18:02
You obviously know what youre doing... Cry
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 09 May 21 18:20
Bump.

For me a man who would admirably suit Levy's penny-pinching ways exactly is the man who is currently the longest-serving manager in the EPL.  He has consistently bought cheaply and wisely and operated to a strict budget.  He has successfully navigated many very dry periods of losses and defeats so knows how to keep his nerve and survive with his team in the top league.  He is eight years and 200+ games experienced in the EPL and needs a fresh challenge.  He is of course Sean Dyche.  However, he as as much chance of getting the gig as Ryan Giggs has of becoming chair of the Women's Institute.
By:
sofaking
When: 09 May 21 18:24

May 9, 2021 -- 6:20PM, LoyalHoncho wrote:

Bump.For me a man who would admirably suit Levy's penny-pinching ways exactly is the man who is currently the longest-serving manager in the EPL.

By:
sofaking
When: 09 May 21 18:25
HARD NO.
By:
Emitdeb
When: 09 May 21 18:30
LoyalHoncho, This is the Tottenham manager we're talking about. Not the west ham or Fulham market. Sean (fricking) Dyche...

Sensible suggestions only please..
By:
Aspro
When: 09 May 21 18:43
To be fair, it isn't the worst suggestion ever; I mean, who are we anyway? ...but still a no from me too.
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 09 May 21 18:45
Dyche wont get the job because of the brand of football, Tottenham wont get a top name because they've never had a top name in their prime and they have no Champions League football, top managers demand money to spend and a big wage, I think Mourinho just went there to rip them off.
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 09 May 21 18:49
He fits the job description.  Burnley have won just as much as Spurs during his tenure.  There are many, many worse, and vastly over-expensive options out there.  If Kane does go, and/or worse, Son Heung Min goes you'll need someone with a proven record of getting on with the job.
Spurs have achieved nothing with recruiting fancy managers so lower your sights and give the guy a shot.  You could all be very pleasantly surprised.  Look at it another way - do you fancy taking on a Lampard or an Arteta with absolutely no experience?
Perfectly serious suggestion.
By:
sofaking
When: 09 May 21 18:57
Would definitely take Potter over Dyche.  I couldn't handle Dyche's brand of football at Spurs.
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 09 May 21 18:57
reality is style of football dictates what sort of manager the top clubs go for, Arsenal thought they were getting a cheaper version of Pep, but with Dyche they know exactly what they're getting, someone made the points the other day about Rodgers, get a top job at Liverpool because of the style of play at Swansea, Levy just wouldn't appoint him. Mourinho came with bucket loads of trophies but he wont be repeating that mistake.
By:
Aspro
When: 09 May 21 19:00
The problem is, we had Jol, who steadied the ship a bit; I have a huge respect for him. Redknapp pushed us on a little further and then Poch went even further than that. Levy thought he could seal the deal with Mourinho, but that failed miserably... where next? One step back to take two steps forward might well be the better option.
By:
everyone's a winner
When: 09 May 21 19:01
huge list of names on the BF market, some really obscure ones. can't recall seeing a manager market like that before.
By:
Angoose
When: 09 May 21 19:03
One step back to take two steps forward might well be the better option .....

In that case, look no further than Mr Tim Sherwood Laugh
By:
sofaking
When: 09 May 21 19:04

May 9, 2021 -- 7:03PM, Angoose wrote:

One step back to take two steps forward might well be the better option .....In that case, look no further than Mr Tim Sherwood

zzzzzzz

By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 09 May 21 19:10
managers play the brand of football that they have to, to survive.  Take him out of that "survival" environment and you would see a different approach.  It is the material available that dictates how a manager operates.  I'm sure he'd manage the change.  Whatever I believe he would be worth the risk.  Bill Nicholson came from Northfleet and hadn't even as much as trained a top flight player!
By:
Aspro
When: 09 May 21 19:30
Different century LH
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 09 May 21 19:34
The century is irrelevant.
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 09 May 21 19:36
which manager has changed their brand of football when given the job, Moyes didn't at United, all Dyche knows is survival football, he'd have to convince Levy he'd start playing champagne football which he probably wouldn't. I'd hire him if he agreed to play more expansively but that's a big risk to take for Levy, he's sunder enough pressure.
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 09 May 21 19:38
Once again scanda I bow to your superior knowledge.
By:
Aspro
When: 09 May 21 19:39
I think its a pointless debate anyway. Levy won't be selecting Dyche.
By:
Aspro
When: 09 May 21 19:40
If anyone of that nature, it'll be Potter. I'm still holding out for the Rizla-thin chance we can nick Bielsa
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 09 May 21 19:41
You may well be right aspro but not even interviewing a man with eight years experience of managing in the greatest league in the world is simply stupid.
By:
Aspro
When: 09 May 21 19:46
Perhaps. If Burnley had released a few more funds to give him a chance to compete then he may have shown he has more to offer. I feel for him there.
By:
scandanavian_haven
When: 09 May 21 19:58
it's not about knowledge it's just an opinion, how is Levy suppose to sell Dyche to the Tottenham fans, he's already under huge pressure, as said I would hire him if he agreed to play more expansively, this is where Levy earns his money, big decision.
By:
tobermory
When: 10 May 21 22:48
Tough this market. Levy has basically appointed every type of manager...

Club legend- Hoddle
Done well with smaller clubs - Redknapp/Pochettino
Sacked by 'elite' clubs - AVB/Mourinho
Highly regarded but never worked in England - Santini/Ramos
Promted from caretaker- Jol/Sherwood

And then there was the time he went 10 months without appointing anyone.....
By:
Emitdeb
When: 11 May 21 00:22
It's going to be Potter.. Came to me in a flash of enlightenment and I'm on... Cool
Page 3 of 27  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 27 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com