Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Honest Bob
10 Apr 21 12:32
| Topic/replies: 181 | Blogger: Honest Bob's blog
Leeds red card review, City priced at 2.18. Quickly backed City at that price. Betfair App accepted my bet and took my money. Market returned after Ref awarded the red card with new a new market, City at 1.58. Market then suspended and they returned my money. Bet void. Hardly my fault that their app is so crap. Hardly £1.8 mill - but poor show from Betfair.
Pause Switch to Standard View Can Betfair do this - Clearly 'yes',...
Show More
Report Tyrannitar April 10, 2021 2:39 PM BST
Nothing surprises me when it comes to all bookmakers - they all behave unethically and seem to believe they are above the law. You've been unlucky there
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- April 10, 2021 2:49 PM BST
Done you a favour.
Report lurka April 10, 2021 4:28 PM BST
For the avoidance of doubt, where a video assistant referee ruling results in the award of a Material Event (as defined in Part B of these Rules and Regulations above), such Material Event will be deemed to have occurred at the time at which the video assistant referee commences a review relating to such (ultimately awarded) Material Event. In such circumstances, bets matched prior to the time at which the video assistant referee commences a review will not be voided.

If your bet was matched after the review commenced they can.

However, you could argue that the VAR review did not result in the change of card from yellow to red - it was the referee himself who made the change via the monitor, not the VAR. A monitor reviewed decision by the referee is not covered in their rules or by the rule quoted above and the term 'video assistant referee' is not defined in their rules or stated to include reviews by the referee himself via the monitor and the VAR clearly didn't make any review, decision or determination in relation to the colour of the card. You would be technically correct if you argued this, but I wouldn't fancy your chances of them honouring your bet.
Report spyker April 10, 2021 7:39 PM BST
send a strongly worded email demanding they take your  money off you - failing that send them a cheque for the bet amount. HTH
Report roache April 11, 2021 12:02 AM BST
Betfair do make mistakes as following a goal i placed a lay bet, the goal was given by the ref then Var got involved but the decision stood then bizarrely Betfair voided my bet following the goal in which i believed they were wrong to do so, i complained they admitted this was done in error and i was refunded what i would have won albeit it was a modest sum.
Report lurka April 11, 2021 12:12 AM BST
do not send an email. Twitter is the only way you'll get someone with half a clue. But the bet lost so it's pointless
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com