Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
03 Apr 21 21:10
| Topic/replies: 15,655 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
redknapp now, he cant defend but hes one of the best right back in the world, you couldnt make it upLaugh
Pause Switch to Standard View trent alexander, did i hear this correct
Show More
Report mecca April 3, 2021 10:14 PM BST
Good cross but a brilliant header from Jota...... Sky sports love Trent so he gets all the praise
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 3, 2021 10:30 PM BST
It was a ridiculously good cross.

Thing is we've gotten use to that kind of delivery from him. We take it as the bare minimum, despite the fact there's no other winger never mind right back who is anywhere near as good in their crossing.
Report lurka April 3, 2021 10:34 PM BST
It was a good cross but Chambers and Holding are a pair of mugs. Trent and Jota saw the gap and they didn't. Trent had a massive target to hit.
Report Capt__F April 3, 2021 11:28 PM BST
Yeah but put it on a sixpenc

TAA Quality
Report Capt__F April 3, 2021 11:28 PM BST
too good for England btw
Report Ibrahima Sonko April 3, 2021 11:36 PM BST
I dont follow international football, who are the 2 right backs that southgate picks ahead of Trent ?
Report duffy April 3, 2021 11:38 PM BST
Reece James and Kyle Walker lately
Report duffy April 3, 2021 11:40 PM BST
The funny thing is, Southgate told Trent that it was down to form but he still picks Sterling who has been cack all seasonCrazy
Report Capt__F April 3, 2021 11:42 PM BST
Dire Dier
Report Ibrahima Sonko April 3, 2021 11:48 PM BST
Reece James ahead of champions league winner ?

Kyle Walker is a good player, fast but is at the end of his career.
Report lfc1971 April 4, 2021 8:06 AM BST
Wonderful player , so good I’ve no idea how he ended up playing right back , could play anywhere
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 4, 2021 8:28 AM BST
He should have been a winger, can't defend for his life.  So 8/10 going forward but 5/10 as a defender. 

Six and a half then all round and up until yesterday has been awful since Christmas in line with the whole team.

He's very ugly too which doesn't help and wearing his socks down like that hopefully he'll get kicked there soon that will teach him to be cocky.
Report HGS April 4, 2021 11:07 AM BST
Very ugly too. Blimeys lou Laugh
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 4, 2021 11:17 AM BST
HGS

True though isn't it!
Report HGS April 4, 2021 11:22 AM BST
I'm not really into the judging of mens looks Lou and probably a good job as if I was, I would say he was far from ugly. I laughed because this looks like the start of the new Lou with his if you can't beat em join em attitude and an attempt, albeit poor imo, at bashing Liverpool in some way. Now if you had gone on to Allisons new tache, we could've laughed together. Happy
Report lump0n April 4, 2021 11:39 AM BST
England will go to as back 5 when playing the big team..... Trent is the man then. Don't trust Trent in a back 4 but looks good with us as we have the ball 60% of the time. Walker in the 3 and Trent as attacking full back. Nobody can do what he can do in final 3rd.
Report loui April 4, 2021 11:48 AM BST
Lou is almost certainly an old poster with a new account, and this change has been on the cards for a while. Peter the butcher or Homefortea probably, take your pick. Trent has a few questions to answer still defensively but is off the redar going forward, he's extremely comfortable on the ball too.
Report rothko April 4, 2021 11:49 AM BST
whats all this cant defend nonsense

Liverpool play a certain way with the full backs pushed high up the pitch

when it breaks down he is always scrambling to get back in position so gets criticised for not being able to defend
If he was asked to sit next to the centre half and just defend then his starting defensive position would be much better
after all these years people still don.t understand how Liverpool play

He played a more disciplined game in the CL final against spurs to prove the point
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 4, 2021 11:49 AM BST
Thing is, Liverpool play differently to any other team in the league, and if England want to use him properly then they'd need to adapt a bit. Our attacking play is essentially the front 3 and the full backs. The midfielders perform a defensive duty and then look to recycle the ball out wide when they have it. We don't have a De Bruyne (we did but then we sold him and changed system entirely), and while the likes of Fabinho, Gini or Henderson don't rank high up in the creative stats they are utterly instrumental to how the team functions. And one of their main jobs is to cover any wide breaks when Robertson or Trent are upfield. If England want to do similar then they'd either need a back 3, with an anchor still, or a more functional midfield of - say - Henderson, Rice and Ward-Prowse with Sterling, Mount, Grealish, Maddison, Sancho, Rashford etc fighting to be in the two spots supporting Kane up front. Do that and you might come up with a system that could counteract the massive weakness at centre back and in the nets.
Report unitedbiscuits April 4, 2021 11:52 AM BST
No, he played "a more disciplined game" because Liverpool scored after 2 minutes; thus contributing to one of the worst CL finals in memory.
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 4, 2021 11:56 AM BST
It was. But the point is, the idea that he can't defend is utter tosh. It's just that his role in the team is to be a major attacking force. If he's asked to defend - eg in a major final, when you've taken an early lead - then he can do that job easily too.
Report lump0n April 4, 2021 11:56 AM BST
I can comment here better as most as i am a season ticket holder and see his defending. Anyone saying he is great just are kidding themselves. I wouldn't swap him for anyone.........
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 4, 2021 11:58 AM BST
I really rate that Ricardo from Leicester. I think he'd improve just about any team in the league. But probably not us, as Trent's attacking skills are so important to our play and there's no-one better at him at that around.
Report unitedbiscuits April 4, 2021 12:10 PM BST
I agree with your analysis, PP, but didn't Trent lose confidence Jan/Feb? Looked shaken, anyway. Probably still needs to rally some more.
Report 1st time poster April 4, 2021 12:51 PM BST
big space for trent to hit LaughLaughLaugh WALOFS he,s not looking,aiming at any space,any attackedefenders he,s just put the foooking thing in there up to forwards to get on end of it,could have have been 10 yds shorter,10 yds longer he doesnt no till he,s hit it
Report unitedbiscuits April 4, 2021 1:01 PM BST
Excellent delivery but - as others say - no genuine creativity: he runs through the patterns without looking, let alone thinking.
Report rothko April 4, 2021 1:09 PM BST
he runs through the patterns without looking, let alone thinking

LaughLaughLaugh

ffs is it April 1st
Report rothko April 4, 2021 1:11 PM BST
liverpool work hours on the training ground on their pattern of play - its always thought out

WTF do you thing goes on all week LaughLaughLaugh
Report unitedbiscuits April 4, 2021 1:37 PM BST
Thought out for him, Rothko. If you saw a machine firing out tennis balls for practice, would you really believe it "thinking"?
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 4, 2021 1:45 PM BST
He can't defend full stop.  And he's ugly full stop.
Report rothko April 4, 2021 2:07 PM BST
you mean like not thinking in the barca game from the corner to make it 4 0

in the past the united trolls on here on the wind up used to try and be a bit more intelligent
Report the_don April 4, 2021 3:58 PM BST
Good player, have seen him exposed one on one a few times but obviously makes up for that with what he offers going forward. Fits in with how Liverpool want their full backs to operate but not necessarily with other sides/teams (ie England).
Report tobermory April 4, 2021 4:22 PM BST
TAA is the best English player. England probably the only team in the world he wouldn't be starting for.

And it was a fantastic cross. Put it exactly where he intended, where Jota was the only one who could get it.
Report lfc1971 April 4, 2021 4:31 PM BST
Tobermory is correct
Report lfc1971 April 4, 2021 4:32 PM BST
Wouldn’t perhaps go so far as to say he was the best English player , but he’s very very good
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 4, 2021 4:50 PM BST
six and a half out of ten?  Yes very good!  Laugh
Report 1st time poster April 4, 2021 5:22 PM BST
if you want to play that game that he identified the space put it on jota,s head etc, fair enough,rather than just whipped it in to the box,that means his other 200 crosses this season have been absolute dogshoite
i give him the benefit of doubt by saying just like robertson he,s just putting it in the box hoping a forward is making a run,but if your telling me he,s been picking a man out his crossing has been foooking shoite
Report 1st time poster April 4, 2021 5:23 PM BST
like kanes england header,chillwell wasnt picking him out just putting it in and hoping kanes making a run,commentater/pundit even said he wasnt picking kane out
Report unitedbiscuits April 4, 2021 5:32 PM BST
Didn't Harry Maguire beat him in five moves at chess?
Report mecca April 4, 2021 7:18 PM BST
I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for the bloke... he's a defender that can't defend...he's an ugly clunt... and he's also sh1t at chess  Laugh
Report REDROB April 4, 2021 7:31 PM BST
Laugh
Report scandanavian_haven April 4, 2021 9:33 PM BST
lol a load of fat pot bellied balding men calling someone ugly pretending to be chess grand masters on a forum, couldn't make it up Laugh
Report olddesperado April 6, 2021 8:41 PM BST
Devil
Report HGS April 6, 2021 9:58 PM BST
old d LaughDevil
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 6, 2021 10:11 PM BST
PMSL

He is sh1te isn't he.  LaughLaughLaugh
Report 1st time poster April 7, 2021 10:09 AM BST
as the loons on here tell us trent picked out jota with that cross,we must assume he picked them real madrid players out 30 times last night when he kept giving them the ball, LaughLaughLaugh
Report workrider April 7, 2021 12:50 PM BST
I really think he has gone backwards this season , his positioning last night was poor and his cross field passing was simply shocking..
Report unitedbiscuits April 7, 2021 3:04 PM BST
Lacks confidence now.
Report scandanavian_haven April 7, 2021 4:43 PM BST
don't understand the dislike, he's come from nothing and won everything, now suffering confidence issues and mugs on here probably over 50 calling him ugly, weird
Report 1st time poster April 7, 2021 5:12 PM BST
point been klopp all the pundits calling southgate out for dropping him,willing to forget 95% of ytrtents performances this serason and use arsenal performance to say southgate was wrong,and yet within 72hrs of arsenal game trent was absolute garbage last night
Report duffy April 7, 2021 5:25 PM BST
Conversely, Sterling is quite rightly left out of the City team for being poor, which he has been all season and yet Southgate contradicts his own guidelines on form that he used against Trent by picking Sterling.Confused
Report HGS April 7, 2021 5:47 PM BST
scandi bang on.

No rhyme or reason with Southgate. He has his favourites and that's his prerogative. I mean Pickford was also getting played every game whilst being garbage for Everton. As long as the team does well I'm happy.
Report ffaith April 7, 2021 6:09 PM BST
England have unbeliveable strength at RB/RWB and the kid has lost pole position.  Might not even make the euros but he is a talented lad and expect a response next season
Report n88uk April 7, 2021 6:21 PM BST

Apr 7, 2021 -- 11:25AM, duffy wrote:

Conversely, Sterling is quite rightly left out of the City team for being poor, which he has been all season and yet Southgate contradicts his own guidelines on form that he used against Trent by picking Sterling.

Will be good when Sterling starts for England ahead of Foden this summer, even though he can't get in his team ahead of him.

Report The Dragon April 7, 2021 6:30 PM BST
southgate is afoll of a manager and always has been. his approch to tta says it all really.

fa man through and through and we will win fick all with himin charge  hopeless
Report scandanavian_haven April 7, 2021 6:40 PM BST
Sterling and Foden don't compete for the same position
Report lurka April 7, 2021 10:00 PM BST
He was awful last night but Keita left him exposed by not covering the space in front of Mendy and got hooked before half time over it. But that's his euros place gone in Southgate's eyes I'd imagine.
Report DirkDiggler April 8, 2021 5:31 PM BST
He was awful last night but Keita left him exposed by not covering the space in front of Mendy and got hooked before half time over it. But that's his euros place gone in Southgate's eyes I'd imagine.

Keita has been a complete bust from day 1. I expect he'll get one more season and be quietly moved on. As for Southgate, crab football from the Dark Ages, he's the perect FA man, spotless record, great PR man who will always say the right things, will never let the FA down in terms of image, ao he's got the job as long as he wants it - will never win anything.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 8, 2021 6:14 PM BST
Dirk

19 different managers haven't won anything since 1966.

Remember the song "Thirty years of Hurt" ................... that was 25 years ago!
Report DirkDiggler April 8, 2021 7:21 PM BST
And?
Report RothmanMike April 8, 2021 7:37 PM BST
ffaith07 Apr 21 17:09Joined: 09 Oct 10
England have unbeliveable strength at RB/RWB and the kid has lost pole position.

I must be missing something, you are surely having a giraffe.
Report ffaith April 8, 2021 8:08 PM BST
Nope deadly serious mate.  Walker, Wan-bissaka, Reece James and TAA all 1st team players for top 6 clubs. If that ain't unbelievable strength then I can't help you
Report n88uk April 9, 2021 11:29 AM BST

Apr 7, 2021 -- 12:40PM, scandanavian_haven wrote:

Sterling and Foden don't compete for the same position

Foden has been playing front right and left mostly for City, exact same position Sterling plays, and is clearly favoured ahead of him right now.

Report DirkDiggler April 9, 2021 12:16 PM BST
Nope deadly serious mate.  Walker, Wan-bissaka, Reece James and TAA all 1st team players for top 6 clubs. If that ain't unbelievable strength then I can't help you

Wan-Bissaka?

You must be joking.
Report ffaith April 9, 2021 5:24 PM BST
Wan-Bissaka was probably born 15 years too late.  His skill set is looked down upon nowadays.  He is a FB who can defend very well but is average going forward.  Whereas someone like TAA good going forward but can't defend for toffee is very much in vogue
Report scandanavian_haven April 9, 2021 6:26 PM BST
Foden has been playing front right and left mostly for City, exact same position Sterling plays, and is clearly favoured ahead of him right now.

the ability to play in the same position when looking at a tactics board doesn't mean they compete for the same position and can play the same way, they are completely different players so it would not be a a case of either/or, Foden doesn't get in the England team at his expense, it would more likely be Grealish or Mount he displaces. Sterling provides width to a team and pulling defenders out of position , that's his strength, Foden offers different things and can't provide the same pace, they both started together either side of Kane v Poland and have started together several times for City. If you were to take Sterling out of the England team you would need to replace the pace your losing, which would mean he'd more likely be competing with Rashford and definitely not Foden. I would actually prefer Rashford as Sterling has been below par this season but that's another story.
Report n88uk April 9, 2021 11:22 PM BST
I'd assume Grealish isn't even in the default England XI. Foden could replace Mount via versatility, but again is probably unlikely to happen given Mount's own form.

I'd assume the default front 6 is Rice, Henderson, Mount, Rashford, Kane, Sterling. Hopefully it can change though.
Report scandanavian_haven April 10, 2021 12:26 AM BST
You can't possibly leave Grealish out, he's England's best player, even I've come to that realisation and I doubted him for a while, but he's the real deal, would be amazed if he's still at Villa next season. Mount no where near his class. Really don't think England should be having both Rice and Henderson in the same team, need to be more positive, one is enough imo, make room for creativity, maybe if England qualify which they should and later on face much stronger opposition like France they could use both but against Czech's and the Scots, would be Hodgson esque.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B April 10, 2021 12:26 AM BST
I'm a United fan but I honestly believe Wan Bissaka is the pick of the bunch.  I don't think he's that bad going forward only not great I have to admit but I think defensively I watch all of United's games on the TV and has anyone EVER got past him?

He'd be the pick for me.
Report scandanavian_haven April 10, 2021 12:30 AM BST
when I said 'grealish or mount he displaces', I meant as in those 3 would play a more central role and that's where the competition is amongst those 3, Sterling really is only competing with Rashford. Realistically it shouldn't be Grealish if fully fit. Foden can play in either central or wide of attack but he is looks like he is more of that Lamapard mould. Think people forget Sancho who imo should be right side of attack, Rashford/Sterling left
Report scandanavian_haven April 10, 2021 12:32 AM BST
Yea Wan Bissaka is a defenders defender, useful for tougher games against tougher attackers, you wouldn't want Alex-Arnold v top defenders unless Southgate suddenly starts playing the Klopp way, then he's fit in.
Report loui April 10, 2021 11:53 AM BST
If you combined Trent & Wan-bissaka, you've got some player
Report RothmanMike April 10, 2021 4:07 PM BST
Yea,with 2 heads he would be good for corners.
Report HGS April 10, 2021 4:55 PM BST
Devil
Report 1st time poster April 10, 2021 5:03 PM BST
after landing slybets  sat treble at 5,s in injury time he,s my new hero,southgates a mug, LaughLaugh
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 10, 2021 5:03 PM BST
Defensively great all game, AND is good enough to be on the edge of their box in injury time and do THAT. Probably nowhere near pedestrian enough for Southgate though, so will have done his Euro chances some harm with that goal.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com