Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B
28 Feb 21 21:25
| Topic/replies: 10,996 | Blogger: LOU MACARIS TARTAN B's blog
I thought initially that Greenwood handballed it but surely when the referee looks at the monitor playback three or four times he could see Hudson Adoi handballed it.  Look at this photo, he never touched it?  Really?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/gary-lineker-responds-to-controversial-penalty-decision-in-chelsea-vs-man-utd-with-arsenal-evidence/ar-BB1e5T1a?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAnZ9Ug
Pause Switch to Standard View Look at this ............ no penalty?
Show More
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- February 28, 2021 11:16 PM GMT
Var not working.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- February 28, 2021 11:17 PM GMT
Just been on motd

Looks like greenwood may have nudged Hudson odois arm onto ball?
Report Capt__F February 28, 2021 11:18 PM GMT
No utd player appealead for pen real time
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B February 28, 2021 11:45 PM GMT
Capt

Yes I noticed that initially too and again when seeing it back which is a bit strange.  Maybe the players obscured them?  But that doesn't take away from us watching it back on the day or MOTD tonight Hudson Adoi surely handballs it?  Harsh I agree but I think you've got to give it.
Report 1st time poster March 1, 2021 9:08 AM GMT
so shaw,sol and man utd smear a reff by accusing him of saying something he didnt on live tv, and maguire has to say they miss heard
Report HGS March 1, 2021 9:50 AM GMT
Deffo a pen lou, but not a good look, a united fan demanding a penalty after the several thousand they've already been given.
Report rommel March 1, 2021 10:17 AM GMT
no one knows what the rules are anymore
Report Pilsudski March 1, 2021 10:31 AM GMT
OGS’s paranoia is showing.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B March 1, 2021 10:43 AM GMT
HGS

The thing with VAR though is that whereas before an instant decision was made and the ref couldn't change it even though when we watch it played back on Sky, BBC  we can see it was a mistake, now he does go over to the video playback and should see if it was or it wasn't that's after all the point of wy they're stopping the game to check the video.

So what I'm saying is that where United have had a lot of penalties then if Ref's are now able to watch them over and over again then I'm sure MOST times they have been penalties and thus then given.

It's like before the crowds stopped people would quote "How come it's very rare someone gets a penalty at Old Trafford".  What they don't say is that up until the end of Fergie most teams barely crossed the halfway line at Old Trafford so how can they get a penalty in the first place?

I thought taking each individual claim that surely he could see the Chelsea guy handballed it having watched it back a few times so how does he not give United the decision?  Like I said a soft one but his hand is up in the air and he touches the ball.
Report HGS March 1, 2021 10:47 AM GMT
Was just a tongue in cheek comment lou Happy but decisions as far as I know are only overturned where a clear and obvious error has been made. We have all seen some not overturned including yesterdays so in that respect it must work the other way as in surely some of United pens probably weren't.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B March 1, 2021 10:54 AM GMT
Yes probably some of United's penalties weren't and even yesterday was a weak one.

I just wish they'd look at the screen with all of the angles and playbacks we can all see and come up with a definitive Yes or No.

For instance I thought Giroud's overhead kick in the week was a couple of yards offside as we could all see.  However when they played it back over and over from various angles I then saw it was the other team's guy who played it back thuis it wasn't offside.  So VAR cleared it up perfectly and correctly.  With all of the cameras and playbacks why can't Refs do it every time?
Report HGS March 1, 2021 10:58 AM GMT
One word, interpretation. This is why, imho, VAR should only be used for goal line technology and offsides of which only the closest foot of any player can be used. VAR has had a bad impact on the enjoyment of the game for me.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B March 1, 2021 11:12 AM GMT
I think you're a Liverpool fan?

Wouldn't you be pleased though that if a penalty was given against Liverpool then VAR looked at it and said "No it wasn't" so it ultimately wasn't then given?

Personally I'm all for correct decisions every time and as a rule the camera never lies.

Offside by an inch or so is offside isn't it?  Same as if someone takes an exam, the pass mark is 50% and they only get 49%.  Yes they were very close but it's a fail.  Two inches offside is very close .............. but it's offside.
Report rommel March 1, 2021 11:22 AM GMT
i really dont get the ref going over to a screen after its been looked at by VAR for a good 30/60/90 secs,thats pressure which a ref doesnt need and more often than not the ref will make the wrong call
Report rommel March 1, 2021 11:23 AM GMT
...how long are the refs at the screen...
Report HGS March 1, 2021 11:32 AM GMT
Yes I'm a Liverpool fan lou.

I'd be more pleased if VAR was used for what I said earlier, goal line technology and offsides of which only the closest foot of any player can be used. Yes if it's a inch or whatever, but some refs at Stockley are interpreting body parts differently. It's easy to say overrule clear cut mistakes but some of these can't decipher what is. We managed many years without VAR ok and as said, it's making a mockery of the game and less enjoyable imo. And Rommel is right, all this go and look at a screen. Off field ref should make the decision and that be it. That in itself is conjecture.
Report snowynoon March 1, 2021 11:34 AM GMT
accidental handball when his arm may have been nudged towards the ball by Greenwoods arm ,hardly nailed on Ole ,well done to the ref ,we keep asking the refs to use common sense and thats what he did.United seem obsessed with penalties .
Report rommel March 1, 2021 11:36 AM GMT
could make the offside much more simple,have a line thru the middle of each players head
Report rommel March 1, 2021 11:39 AM GMT
no toes knees fingers elbows cr**
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B March 1, 2021 11:42 AM GMT
HGS

I can't see what rommel writes but I'll take your word for it.
Report lurka March 1, 2021 1:03 PM GMT
never a penalty, accidental and his arm was nudged into the ball and the ball deflected from point blank onto it.

OGS saying it cost them two points. No, it cost you a penalty max and you may have missed it and Chelsea may have equalised. But it wasn't a penalty. He doesn't have a clue about the rules and comes across as a cretin.

rommel • March 1, 2021 11:36 AM GMT
could make the offside much more simple,have a line thru the middle of each players head
then you'd have defenders playing like they're in the 100m at the Olympics.
Report HGS March 1, 2021 1:18 PM GMT
And there we have it. Even after all the video replays, people still have differing views on whether a pen or not. Just fek VAR off for all this and go back to how we were. It's not a bad thing to admit something doesn't work. I'm sick of hearing comms saying...'and that is what VAR was brought in for', when it gets it right. It doesn't excuse the countless times it gets it wrong.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- March 1, 2021 1:39 PM GMT
Would be nice if ref was miked up so we knew why it wasn't given
when it did clearly hit Chelsea players hand, and hand was in
unnatural position.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B March 1, 2021 1:45 PM GMT
Opinions eh.  I thought it was. I thought the playbackss showed it his his hand but others still think it never?

I still would rather the VAR than the old way of Refs making decisions, linesmen too when we see them played back time aftre time on the TV and see they were wrong.

The great VAR debate will go on but me personally I prefer it to get MOST of the decisions right as it can see them on the screen and study it rather than an instant decision by the officials that is often blatantly wrong.
Report HGS March 1, 2021 2:15 PM GMT
Not worth the sometimes ridiculous lengths of time to sort, a time which very rarely gets properly added on I might add.
Report snowynoon March 1, 2021 2:22 PM GMT
all this about his hand was in an unnatural position ,was it really ,he was challenging a player for the ball while moving ,you cant run with your arms by their side .Its all nonsense ,if its not deliberate handball or are your arms are not outstretched then it should not be penalised ,doesnt that make sense ?
Report tinyelf54 March 1, 2021 2:24 PM GMT
Does anyone know the last time West ham were in the champions league places at this stage of the season?....which year was it?....anyone know?
Report 1st time poster March 1, 2021 6:27 PM GMT
as said on motd no one who loves football wants pens given for that,
no attacker in control of ball
attacker going away from goal,
ball going away from goal
far to many pens been given and the games are still shoite if you took the pens away,the game would be dying on its arris
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com