Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Giuseppe
23 Feb 21 16:24
| Topic/replies: 6,020 | Blogger: Giuseppe's blog
am I missing something?

is the cannibal suspended or something?
Pause Switch to Standard View Chelsea favourites away to the...
Show More
Report everyone's a winner February 23, 2021 5:53 PM GMT
it's a neutral ground but i'm laying
Report Giuseppe February 23, 2021 6:08 PM GMT
ok now it makes a bit more sense
Report moisok February 23, 2021 6:14 PM GMT
deluded landan fans?
Report Des Pond February 23, 2021 6:47 PM GMT
Strange odds, imo. Tuchel might, in time, turn them into a side capable of challenging for tropies. But any improvement so far, has been slow and patchy. Atletico should be favourites, I reckon.
Report tobermory February 23, 2021 7:08 PM GMT
I would make Atletico favs if it was at Chelsea
Report Callisto-moon February 23, 2021 7:11 PM GMT
loads of mugs thinking madrid can win, this place makes me laugh too much.
Report badjoe February 23, 2021 7:45 PM GMT
Quite fancy cards tonight, refs a bit trigger happy.

Stefan Savic to be booked @ 11/4 on SB for me.
Report pushkin99 February 23, 2021 7:48 PM GMT
When this draw was made, Athletico were flying and Chelsea were in disarray. Chelsea now much better, and Athletico showing signs of not being able to handle the pressure.

IMVHO, this is now a 50/50 tie on who goes through.
Report morpteh mackem February 23, 2021 7:50 PM GMT
not convinced chelsea have improved much since tuchel took over, wont be mananger this time next year
Report Des Pond February 23, 2021 7:55 PM GMT
They've still been pretty ordinary any time I've seen them since Tuchel took over. Maybe a slight improvement, but not that much, imo.
Report johnnythebull February 23, 2021 7:59 PM GMT
0-0 only 7/1..actually think there will be goals in this contrary to received 'wisdom'
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B February 23, 2021 8:01 PM GMT
Yes I've taken the 3.15 Madrid.  I make the favourites surely?
Report pushkin99 February 23, 2021 8:04 PM GMT
I don't think Chelsea should be favourites tonite either.

When I saw Athletico at Anfield last season in the last 16, they were very strong and resilient deservedly knocking us out. In our last match before lockdown AngryAngryAngry
Report pushkin99 February 23, 2021 8:06 PM GMT
My prediction, a draw tonite, with Athletico having enough to go through after the second leg.
Report johnnythebull February 23, 2021 8:26 PM GMT
looks like those 0-0 odds should've been 1/7!
Atleti couldn't score in a brothel
Report Des Pond February 23, 2021 9:31 PM GMT
Chelsea been better than I expected, AM's negative outlook is getting what it deserves.
Report REDROB February 23, 2021 9:34 PM GMT
Do away goals still count double on a neutral ground ? I suppose they do but doesn't seem right somehow.
Report Moofer February 23, 2021 9:37 PM GMT
Lol
Report scandanavian_haven February 23, 2021 9:42 PM GMT
you just know if Chelsea were losing the whole 'the premier league is overrated' mob would be all over the thread, probably sitting there ready to orgasm with a ready made post waiting for the Atletico goal Laugh
Report scandanavian_haven February 23, 2021 9:54 PM GMT
0-1 v the Spanish league leaders awayCool
Report johnnythebull February 23, 2021 10:26 PM GMT
Atleti couldn't have scored had Chavski left the pitch..they were absolutely dogsh1te-a horrendous side

absolutely scathing indictment of La Liga when these dogs are trotting up in it,tho' they slipped up at the w/end and it could yet be squeaky bum time if the Galacticos can fin an extra gear
Report lurka February 23, 2021 10:41 PM GMT
gutless from Simeone, same unduly negative approach as v Leipzig last year and got what it deserved again. What is he afraid of? Perhaps the away goal tonight but this side are capable of so much more if he lets them play a bit. Great goal from Giroud. But playing a 6-3-1 against Chelsea is worse than Mourinho at his most negative. He's not playing against prime Real Madrid
Report n88uk February 23, 2021 10:49 PM GMT
In some ways doesn't even make sense the personnel when you're going to line up like that. Like what is the point of Felix in that line up, never going to shine in the role he was given tonight.

Of course 2nd leg at some point they will have to come out, and we saw Anfield last year, albeit that was mostly gifts from Liverpool too. But we saw it about 5 years ago vs Chelsea too when behind in the 2nd leg, and they come out and scored 3.

I guess Simeone will argue on most nights they would have got 0-0 tonight as Chelsea's goal was fortunate and they never really looked liked scoring, but when you play that negative you always run the risk more of being "unlucky", deflection, penalty, something etc.
Report lurka February 23, 2021 10:50 PM GMT
He was missing both his first choice wing backs and Gimenez has been injured since the start of the year, so that might explain the tactics/prices tonight.
Report ProSniper February 24, 2021 12:21 AM GMT
Lurky, that Leipzig game was the exact match this reminded me of. Fine margins can of course still dictate, as was the case here, for had Atleti gotten by with a 0-0(which appeared to be their plan A) people would've been in position to hail Simeone's negative tactics as "masterclass" etc.. Under these absurd circumstances as Atleti having to play 2 AWAY games, such an approach could easily be excused, but there can be no pass given here since we know Simeone all too well by now..

Of course this tie remains far from done. If we think back to when Chelsea left Atleti's home ground a few seasons back with a 0-0 scoreline(with their players giving it hi-5s and media already claiming "job done") Atleti went on to whack them 3-1 in their own backyard. 

But make no mistake, even if Atleti turn this tie around, for the sake of enjoying watching their side play again I really hope Simeone isn't at the helm much longer. Nobody can deny that overall his tenure has been a fairly successful one, but his general pragmatic style/approach has now surely ran its course. Hopefully Atleti's top brass reach this conclusion soon and appoint a more proactive manager.
Report duffy February 24, 2021 3:40 AM GMT
La Liga is utter gash
Report trilby22 February 24, 2021 7:00 AM GMT
Great result and triffic goal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aTwSew8cMQ
Quietly fancy G'bach tonight ...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com