Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stayinin
25 Jan 21 09:46
| Topic/replies: 296 | Blogger: stayinin's blog
Today Cry
Pause Switch to Standard View Frank Lampard sacked by Chelsea
Show More
Report Deptford January 25, 2021 11:10 AM GMT
The compensation he will get will soften the blow.
Report salmon spray January 25, 2021 11:17 AM GMT
John Terry wants to be in the picture.
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 25, 2021 11:17 AM GMT
"Let him come let him come" maybe Deptford?
Report ribero1 January 25, 2021 11:22 AM GMT
Shame,at least like Gerard too he's had a go,could have sat on the sofa as soon as he retired and got a very nice wedge doing it,also when he did some punditry was one of the few I could listen to,now we're stuck with Micah Richards 24/7 and a tick the box bird.
Report Storm Alert January 25, 2021 11:22 AM GMT
Real shame, no loyalty. Touchel lined up?
Report penzance January 25, 2021 11:27 AM GMT
one of the only jobs you can be
no good and walk away with millions.
Report Storm Alert January 25, 2021 11:41 AM GMT
It seems to be the way of the world in the rarefied air at the top. The company I retired from a few year ago in recent years was bringing highly paid exec's on rolling contracts. Most of them lasted a few years, had to make their mark like a dog pissing on a tree, fecked everything up and then got sacked with a huge payoff. Meanwhile the long term loyal workers treated like shyte; embargo on pay rises after 2008 and pension screwed right down.

On the news last night top 10 richest pepole in the world, increased their wealth in 2020 by more than the combined cost of vaccinating the entire world population from Coronavirus. How fecked up is that?
Report snowynoon January 25, 2021 11:45 AM GMT
Not sure he shouldve been given the job in the first place on what he acheived at Derby ,but feel he shouldve been given to the end of the season ,cant see where he goes from here ,back to punditry ??Maybe he wouldve turned it around ?Still in Champions league /fa cup ,a bit harsh.
Report penzance January 25, 2021 11:48 AM GMT
Punditry,always makes me laugh,that.
Get the tin tack and then go on TV,
telling other managers where they're
going wrong Laugh
Report the.mad.dog.man January 25, 2021 11:50 AM GMT
all them pundits are failed football managers pmsl
Report boz2 January 25, 2021 11:55 AM GMT
Utd stuck by Solsjaer and their patience seems to be paying off. Chelski will never learn.
Report scandanavian_haven January 25, 2021 11:57 AM GMT
it's what I've said before, English managers are no good, last time one won a league title in a top league was 30 years ago
Report loui January 25, 2021 12:05 PM GMT
Uncle Harry won't be happy
Report sparrow January 25, 2021 12:11 PM GMT
Too much too soon for Frank. The best managers such as Clough and Shankly learnt their trade at the lower levels.
Report hello :-) January 25, 2021 12:20 PM GMT
it was sparrow

they were awful lately tho and getting worse , no confidence

tuchel a class app if its true wasnt far away with PSG and be good for havertz and werner
Report ffaith January 25, 2021 12:32 PM GMT
Is this some kind of wind up?  Tuchel.  If they were going to go for a German coach the lad at Leipzig has enormous potential.
Incredibly harsh on Lampard
Report cricketnut2 January 25, 2021 12:33 PM GMT

Jan 25, 2021 -- 6:11AM, sparrow wrote:

Too much too soon for Frank. The best managers such as Clough and Shankly learnt their trade at the lower levels.

Agreed and I said that when he was appointed, who Chelsea appoint next won't be there for very long, whoever it is

Report 1st time poster January 25, 2021 12:49 PM GMT
lampard/morris ps64 dream team
Report acey deucy January 25, 2021 12:54 PM GMT
How can you feel sorry for a Man that gets to hump Christine every Night.Plain
Report 1st time poster January 25, 2021 1:04 PM GMT
hand picked jumped the queue for 2 top jobs,and failed
going nowhere now get the jobs where you cant win middle of rd epl sides,which inevitably ends in another sacking
needs to get himself fixed up before bruce and usual suspects are looking for work,cant see christina taking kids out of london,so choices ltd
Report rommel January 25, 2021 1:13 PM GMT
frank shot too high,might've blwn the whole career now
Report rothko January 25, 2021 1:44 PM GMT
I suppose if you spend £200m in the transfer market and don't deliver then the sacking was inevitable
Report the fink sisters January 25, 2021 2:10 PM GMT
Tuchel will be the 15th permanent manager since Abramovich bought the club in 2003. 16 major trophies in that time, so you can’t really argue that the approach hasn’t worked.
Report haplessamatuer January 25, 2021 2:17 PM GMT
who buys the new  players.

does the manager??
Report FIGJAM January 25, 2021 2:24 PM GMT
Shame,at least like Gerard too he's had a go,could have sat on the sofa as soon as he retired and got a very nice wedge doing it,also when he did some punditry was one of the few I could listen to,now we're stuck with Micah Richards 24/7 and a tick the box bird.

Yeah Rib she ticks two boxes, one a woman the other...........
Report hello :-) January 25, 2021 2:33 PM GMT
was looking more and more like he was lost , this is where experience was lacking and seemed to be in a panic regarding line up aswell

totally underperforming with one of best squads in europe , be interesting to see tuchels first line up tho
Report Emitdeb January 25, 2021 2:45 PM GMT
acey deucy

How can you feel sorry for a Man that gets to hump Christine every Night.

Frank and Christine. Not far from John and Yoko... imo. Plain
Report 1st time poster January 25, 2021 2:46 PM GMT
chelsea obvioiusly didnt fancy frank long term,theyve got games coming up,they,d expect a large haul of points from,they obvioulsy didnt want to risk frank getting that haul and been forced to stick with him against their obvious wishes
the new man now has the chance to reap the reward from some winnable games
its the new way clubs operate now they wait for a set of matches which might give a new man a decent start ,rather than in the old days using winnable games as a chance for their original new man to get some points
Report 1st time poster January 25, 2021 2:49 PM GMT
the way lampard/morris were celebrating goals at home to underdogs luton yesterday,dont think they were expecting tin tac today
Report thelatarps January 25, 2021 3:01 PM GMT
I am sorry but this makes absolutely no sense at all..
Throughout this majestic run of success under Roman, the one knock on cfc has been the style of play.
They bring in young frank to address this.
He plays the style of play that Roman wanted. All those years back when he went to Utd v Real Madrid and fell in love with english soccer.

Clearly the problem here is the German lads.
Dont know about you but the Germans used to be hard men, winners. Now Guardiola has wreaked his revolution on the Bundesliga, the Germans are, well, soft for want of a better word.
Once Schweini, Philip Lahm, Klose and Podolski retired the Mannschaft have been absolutely godawful.
Werner, we saw at the last world cup has nothing but pace to his game. And Havertz makes Mesut Ozil look like Jordan Henderson when it comes to work rate.

And now Thomas Tuchel?
The man is an absolute grade A pl0nker. 2 seasons with Dortmund, he went to Munich twice and got done 4-1 and 5-1.
Which tells me that when the going gets tough he is a 'let-the-chips-fall-where-they-may' kind of a guy.
Lost the UCL final in the summer too, which they were very lucky to reach by the way.
He is going to be worse than Sarri.

You have to wonder, with Roman denied a visa and out of the country, if this is the end of the road for chelsea? Are they just going to slip back into the pack like they did in the 80s?
Report 11kv January 25, 2021 3:05 PM GMT
Typical EPL Bullsheite ,league and all the clubs a fecking joke,it's not like any team in the league is entertaining week in week out.
Report hello :-) January 25, 2021 3:09 PM GMT
anyone who watched them against leicester realised he couldnt effect squad

didnt even know his first 11 , they did right thing

tuchel had 62 % win rate at BD and a record win rate for french league alm 76% , only 47 , top level exp and a cracking appointment
Report scandanavian_haven January 25, 2021 3:13 PM GMT
Ultimately managers at top clubs generally get the sack for 2 reasons, poor results or not making the most of the expensive signings that they made, benching Werner and Havertz (cost £120,000,000) for games and playing Giroud's and Abraham's and Mounts was his downfall especially when results didn't follow, if he couldn't make them work then it was a matter of time, he was using Werner like a round peg in a square hole, when the next manager plays him in his proper position he will flourish and start to score plenty of goals.
Report thelatarps January 25, 2021 3:21 PM GMT
Werner is a michael owen  ball over the top merchant.
Little else.
He scored a hatful of goals for RB leipzig because all the teams in the Bundesliga play this guardiola ball. High line and press. He made hay against that.
Fact is most teams cfc play are going to defend deep and Werner is about as much use as a chocolate teapot in this case.
The world cup showed how ineffective he is in this situation.
A for Havertz.
He is not as good as Mason Mount. Simple.
Report scandanavian_haven January 25, 2021 4:06 PM GMT
they look poor so far, but they've been working under a poor managers judge them from here.
Report hello :-) January 25, 2021 4:38 PM GMT
no confidence , players acted like they couldnt see a future with frank

sometimes revitalisation can only be through new manager , this is as good a squad as there is in football and all thats missing is belief
Report jedi sophie January 25, 2021 4:43 PM GMT
Latarps.

Absolutely spot on....

Both posts.
Report isleham January 25, 2021 5:05 PM GMT
if i was the manager at PSG i would expect that kind of win % in the poor french league
Report lurka January 25, 2021 5:38 PM GMT
Can only imagine players like Ziyech and Werner came to Chelsea having played under good managers and were shocked that he was such a step down of a manager for a club/league that is supposed to be a step up for them.

They've been playing like they've had no faith in him for a while now. And he's been dropping some of the new players and going with Mount because he prob trusts him more than them.

Apparently some of the new players weren't players he asked for or wanted either. If that's the case it's mad because they don't fit into his system. Wouldn't be the first time Chelsea were pulling in the opposite direction of the manager.
Report moisok January 25, 2021 6:40 PM GMT
It is a shame.
Report moisok January 25, 2021 6:42 PM GMT
and why I hate soccerball and everything (almost) surrounding it - I am lucky to be able to make dosh at it but aren't the just an immoral bunch.
Report SontaranStratagem January 25, 2021 10:45 PM GMT
Its quite sad really as he did so well in his first season, but signing top quality players for big money means they want the title not just settling for top 4 and some entertaining football in between sadly

Can't see him being interested in another club like Derby or similar to that ilk to be honest, and no other big club will give him the job, might be the last we see of Lampard in a dug out.
Report thelatarps January 25, 2021 11:02 PM GMT
cheers soph
appreciate it
Report scandanavian_haven January 25, 2021 11:57 PM GMT
latarps doesn't watch football if he thinks Werner is an over the top sort of player
Report Capt__F January 25, 2021 11:59 PM GMT
Wernwer a central striker private educated fatty played him out wide
Report scandanavian_haven January 26, 2021 12:22 AM GMT
The captain knows.
Report ffaith January 26, 2021 1:10 AM GMT
There is a reason fat frank started playing him out wide he was useless in the middle.  Dont know why I keep calling him fat I'm 5' 10 and 19 stone
Report hello :-) January 26, 2021 2:43 PM GMT
i think the performance against leicester was final straw , i hoped they would show a reaction but nothing , zilch

anyone who watched that match seen a side with not an ounce of confidence or belief , couldnt pass , hopelessly inept out of possession , not one positive

it was getting worse , frank had never been there before as a manager and simply didnt know what to do , didnt even know his fist 11 tbh

tuchel a very exciting app
Report Cauthenmeister January 26, 2021 7:30 PM GMT
Presumably been in quarantine over here since the Leicester game or before?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com