Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarty b
17 Jan 21 17:44
| Topic/replies: 27,708 | Blogger: stewarty b's blog
Is anyone truly interested?
Pause Switch to Standard View Women's football brief highlights now...
Show More
Report sofaking January 17, 2021 4:55 PM GMT
No. Especially when the try to force it down our throats.
Report 1st time poster January 17, 2021 5:01 PM GMT
was  confused yesterday when sky ran a report/ headline on an arsenal player recovering from breast cancer
Report stewarty b January 17, 2021 5:33 PM GMT
Plus, if you see a panel discussing a game now there's always one trying her best to give an opinion. I immediately switch channels.
Report johnnythebull January 17, 2021 5:41 PM GMT
magnificent fare served up to the lockdown masses..fair play
Report snowynoon January 18, 2021 6:26 PM GMT
nobody cares about womens club football ,only the world cup gets any interest from joe public ,many women like football but its the mens game they like ,the media in this country have their own agenda.
Report moisok January 18, 2021 6:30 PM GMT
interruptions on the radio saying man city have equalised !!??  You sort of go  wtf  etc and then you realise it is the women  - this in the middle of betting on a prem league game
it really is distracting and not needed
Report flukes January 18, 2021 6:45 PM GMT
Completely agree Stewarty, there is an to agenda to ram womens' football down the population's throats until they like it, which of course will never happen. What the woke media fail to ever mention is that the average attendance for Women's Premier League matches last season prior to lockdown was 1500, outside of  the big free ticket giveaways when matches were staged at EPL stadiums on Men's International weekends. Yesterday the Telegraph had 3 so-called journalists and an enormous amount of column inches covering the top-of-the table WPL clash between Chelsea and Manchester United. If the WPL teams were independently run and not attached to their male counterpart clubs then they would quickly be out of business without a shadow of a doubt.
Report flukes January 18, 2021 6:45 PM GMT
Completely agree Stewarty, there is an to agenda to ram womens' football down the population's throats until they like it, which of course will never happen. What the woke media fail to ever mention is that the average attendance for Women's Premier League matches last season prior to lockdown was 1500, outside of  the big free ticket giveaways when matches were staged at EPL stadiums on Men's International weekends. Yesterday the Telegraph had 3 so-called journalists and an enormous amount of column inches covering the top-of-the table WPL clash between Chelsea and Manchester United. If the WPL teams were independently run and not attached to their male counterpart clubs then they would quickly be out of business without a shadow of a doubt.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 18, 2021 6:46 PM GMT
If it was womans briefs highlights....
Report stewarty b January 18, 2021 6:55 PM GMT
My nephew was a pro footballer, (not big time) and he reckons any league two men's outfit would slaughter any women's club in the 'Premiership'.
Report stattman January 18, 2021 7:00 PM GMT
They will be showing Scottish football next .
Report BennyBinion1 January 18, 2021 7:15 PM GMT
Women's football will never get popular, even though BBC and the media keep throwing it in our faces each day.

I remember ages ago, someone on here was saying why would Sky replace Goals on Sunday, with the Women's football show.

A forumite on here ( u could no doubt guess who it would be ) said, why are we even debating this and his daughter loves Female football and looks forward to the Women's football show each week on a Sunday.

Absolute rubbish, my daughter, my mum, my Auntie, love football, and have absolutely zero interest in the womens's game.

And this we all know is the case with the rest of the country.

The media will never give in, and admit it will always be a minority sport with very small audience interest.
Report flukes January 18, 2021 7:27 PM GMT
Stewy, articles of interest

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4389760/USA-women-s-team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-gremio-mens-under-16s-beat-brazil-womens-national-team-6-0-20210113
Report stewarty b January 18, 2021 7:35 PM GMT
BennyBinion118 Jan 21 20:15Joined: 07 Nov 08 | Topic/replies: 2,670 | Blogger: BennyBinion1's blog
Women's football will never get popular, even though BBC and the media keep throwing it in our faces each day.

What's more annoying Benny is that we pay for it.
Report lurka January 18, 2021 7:59 PM GMT
It's the only football left for terrestrial tv to show in the UK, that is a big factor too
Report moisok January 18, 2021 8:17 PM GMT
I thought I would give it a try and watched the womens' show  - the first half was about retirement and pregnancy - I gave the rest a miss
Report moisok January 18, 2021 8:19 PM GMT
ps I do however love the women at rugby  - good spirit and enthusiasm  (and they do swear as well - as the commentators are often apologizing for it)   - who would believe ladies would be swearing?
Report stewarty b January 18, 2021 9:36 PM GMT
Thanks for those links flukes. Backs up my point I would think.
Report moisok January 18, 2021 9:47 PM GMT
I made some good money on their version of the euro league thingy  especially the quarters semis and final - mainly miserable fare
Report sparrow January 18, 2021 9:52 PM GMT
stattman 18 Jan 21 20:00 

Laugh
Report sparrow January 18, 2021 9:55 PM GMT
No worse than that American stuff they show these days.
Report stewarty b January 18, 2021 11:22 PM GMT
sparrow
Date Joined: 20 Jul 02
Add contact | Send message
18 Jan 21 22:52Joined: 20 Jul 02 | Topic/replies: 37,073 | Blogger: sparrow's blog
stattman 18 Jan 21 20:00

Good to see you've got your sense of humour back sparrow.
Laugh
Report akabula January 18, 2021 11:29 PM GMT
stattman

Laugh
Report stewarty b January 18, 2021 11:38 PM GMT
I hope he means ladies Scottish football. I know of no English fan who has no interest in old firm games but fairly sure they will appear soonish ..
Report akabula January 18, 2021 11:44 PM GMT
English football in general is of a higher standard than ours but pound for pound we get the best return.
Their parachute payment from the EPL is about the same as the total tv monies given to all Scottish  clubs combined.
Report stewarty b January 18, 2021 11:58 PM GMT
It may never happen in our lifetime aka but put the old firm in the Premiership...

That said I'm just hoping to get the crowds back everywhere eventually. Eventually being a loose term given what's going on. Never imagined this

but hopefully the vaccine will at least, be of some help.
Report akabula January 19, 2021 12:20 AM GMT
Got the jab today Stew.
Absolutely no side effects.
Hail Hail.
Report SontaranStratagem January 19, 2021 12:21 AM GMT

Jan 18, 2021 -- 7:55PM, stewarty b wrote:

My nephew was a pro footballer, (not big time) and he reckons any league two men's outfit would slaughter any women's club in the 'Premiership'.

Any semi professional side in the conference north/south would slaughter them. In fact all of your under 21 youth sides would destroy them

Chorley beat Derby's youth side 2-0 in the cup just a couple of weeks ago and we had this discussion in my house, Chorley would beat the England womens national side by 5 or 6 easily.

Report shiny new shoes please January 19, 2021 2:11 AM GMT
USA (W) 4-0 Colombia (W)
Not bad at all
Report Giuseppe January 19, 2021 3:04 AM GMT
sonts

check out flukes post above

male youth teams easily beat elite adult women's teams, never mind non-league sides
Report Giuseppe January 19, 2021 3:07 AM GMT
Chorley would beat the England womens national side by 5 or 6 easily.

chorley u-15 would beat them 3-0 or 4-0 so you can multiply that by 2 or 3 for the adult side

they couldn't cope with them physically in terms of strength or speed
Report Lee Ho Fooks January 19, 2021 2:21 PM GMT
Now, if they were to ram women's beach volleyball down our throats..............
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com