Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
akabula
16 Jan 21 20:35
| Topic/replies: 44,196 | Blogger: akabula's blog
Sunday 12.00 Live in Sky
Pause Switch to Standard View Motherwell v Rangers
Show More
Report akabula January 16, 2021 9:46 PM GMT
10/1 Motherwell
5/1 Draw
2/7 Rangers

Expecting a tight game tomorrow despite their recent poor form (3 losses and 3 draws in their last 6 games).
Parked the bus last time out at Ibrox and think they'll adopt the same tactics here so going for 2-1 the Gers @ 13/2.
We might have to come back from being behind again so having a few quid on Wellht/Rangersft @ 20/1
Report SonofDunc January 16, 2021 9:48 PM GMT
Was just gonna ask your thoughts as you have better knowledge of the league than me. Thought 1.32 was decent price for Rangers. Only conceded 6 and dropped 4 points all season
Report akabula January 16, 2021 10:14 PM GMT
The team has looked a tad vulnerable in recent weeks albeit they have continued their run of consecutive league wins (16).
Allan McGregor saved us against celtic with 3 great saves (Will put a clip up of the best of them in a minute.
We were also sloppy against Aberdeen when seemingly coasting whilst 2-0 up and allowed them back into the game.
So be cautious.
Report akabula January 16, 2021 10:19 PM GMT
https://twitter.com/i/status/1345378247794634752

Allan McGregor at his very best.
Report SontaranStratagem January 16, 2021 11:00 PM GMT
Rangers in complete cruise control in the league aka no need to keep going 100%

They've been by far the most consistent performance wise vs Celtic and fully deserve their title, ending the 10 in a row must have been a major motivation this season

I thought they'd fall away last season before going closer this, probably winning it next season, but they've absolutely bolted clear this season
Report akabula January 16, 2021 11:09 PM GMT
Rangers in complete cruise control in the league aka no need to keep going 100%

Agree Sonta but thats what makes them slightly vulnerable at this time. It won't though, as you say, stop their march to their 55th title.
Report stewarty b January 16, 2021 11:58 PM GMT
More importantly to me is that Stevie lad said in The Mail today, 'Premiership season must be completed'.

As for the game itself I've got too many bets going at the moment. Not my usual but I feel confident backing the overs @ 8/11 on here but bear in mind there is no liquidity at present.
Report akabula January 17, 2021 12:05 AM GMT
Rest easy Stew, Lawwell and Doncaster on record last season saying that the league cannot be declared Null & Void.
Both went on to say that if cut short then positions must be allowed to stand to determine relegation and who gets what European places.
Report stewarty b January 17, 2021 12:13 AM GMT
Hope you are right aka. My guts would be torn out of me if different. Add to that, I don't trust the SFA.
Report akabula January 17, 2021 12:31 AM GMT
Not saying they won't try but their declarations last year will be thrown in their faces.
BTW strange one with Maxwell writing to the championship clubs asking them if they wanted to suspend the season.
Strange because they've just been given grants to help them see out the season.
He also claimed he did it because some club seemingly went public with a request although nobody else in football knows the identity of the club.
Report SonofDunc January 17, 2021 11:20 AM GMT
Rangers into 1.27
Wasn’t that Championship club Inverness, who later said that wasn’t what they meant?
Report 11kv January 17, 2021 12:22 PM GMT
1-0 thats been coming last 10 mins wake up gers...
Report Kriskin January 17, 2021 12:23 PM GMT
Rangers have not been playing well for weeks.  They are still winning games tells you how bad the rest are.
Report gotitwrong- January 17, 2021 12:57 PM GMT
akabulas post(22:46) looks promising (20/1, now 1.6/1)
Report pulio January 17, 2021 1:24 PM GMT
1-0 ft I think
Report stewarty b January 17, 2021 2:33 PM GMT
Two valuable points dropped. We can afford that but not often..
Report ericster January 17, 2021 4:49 PM GMT
As you said stewarty, they can afford it.
Cruisin for a bruisin, not.
Report stewarty b January 17, 2021 5:30 PM GMT
Indeed ericster. With chit chat gone now I don't see you post as often but nice to see your posts on horseracing from time to time. I trust you are well.
Report ericster January 17, 2021 5:39 PM GMT
Yeah, not bad stewarty, you?
I don't post much anywhere nowadays, haven't got much to say really.
Gave up with the nags years ago, got drawn into the hapsan business for a while but I'm out now.
I amuse myself with the football but I don't do much.
All pretty much same as, one step forwards and two back.
Report stewarty b January 17, 2021 7:24 PM GMT
Not too bad ericster but I'd be telling a lie if I said this virus is not a concern to me. I'm fairly safe bt worry about miss stew. That said, if she gets it so do I.

RE: What is hapsan business please?
Report stewarty b January 17, 2021 7:24 PM GMT
*but.
Report ericster January 17, 2021 7:59 PM GMT
A forumite named Happysandwich has a thread in the racing forum, A laying system based around laying hat-trick seekers.
It appealed to me because, in theory, a horse that has won two on the bounce will be attracting the attentions of the handicapper but it's never that straight forward is it.
Report ericster January 17, 2021 7:59 PM GMT
Some interesting comments in there though.
Report stewarty b January 17, 2021 8:03 PM GMT
Yes ericster, I have a look now and then given 95% of my betting is on the horses.
Report ericster January 17, 2021 8:06 PM GMT
I DO enjoy serious discussion without the jokers and most of those posting in there seem to know what they're talking about. Much respect here for those guys.
Report akabula January 17, 2021 11:20 PM GMT
We had enough pressure in the second half to have won the games.
I was counting my profit when we equalised but not to be.
Without either Ryan Jack or Scott Arfield the midfield lacks aggression.
Roofe also a big miss.
Next up are Ross County at Ibrox on Saturday and looking for a convincing win albeit Yogi will have them well prepared for the game.
Report akabula January 17, 2021 11:22 PM GMT
celtics team bus for recent games. Grin

Report hello :-) January 18, 2021 11:00 AM GMT
just a little fatigue to my eyes , lads been on go a few months now ,tough euro campaign aswell as a relentless offensive style IS going to catch up

missing 3/4 regular starters who would allow more rotation , did incredibly well tho to dig that one out against well
Report stewarty b January 18, 2021 1:00 PM GMT
Fatigue? Jim Baxter once played more than one hundred games in one season. No big squads then.
Report hello :-) January 18, 2021 1:21 PM GMT
diff world then stew

level of fitness today is beyond comparrison to 60s
Report stewarty b January 18, 2021 2:11 PM GMT
I know that hello, as are the wages. Had Baxter been at his peak now he would most likely have to move to Spain unless Man U came up with 400k per week and the inevitable win bonuses.
Report hello :-) January 18, 2021 2:20 PM GMT
thats the diff today stew

game played for cash rather than pride , whats your motivation when your a millionaire at 22/23
Report stewarty b January 18, 2021 2:45 PM GMT
hello, as Frank Lampard said when he was an apprentice he used to get a lift to Stamford Bridge and clean the senior players boots. Now the apprentices drive to the training ground in their Range Rovers.
Report ericster January 18, 2021 2:50 PM GMT
Yeah.
Report stewarty b January 20, 2021 2:13 PM GMT
hello :-)
Date Joined: 09 Sep 09
Blogger: hello :-)'s blog
Add contact | Send message
18 Jan 21 15:20Joined: 09 Sep 09 | Topic/replies: 16,439 | Blogger: hello :-)'s blog
thats the diff today stew

game played for cash rather than pride , whats your motivation when your a millionaire at 22/23

I knew I'd missed a reply somewhere. Spot on hello. If only we could get the Jim McLean mindset into the game, especially the duds playing in the much overrated English Premiership. Award success with good bonuses and if the players that 'just turn up', give them a basic wage.

Add to that fine the non-tries. As I said on his tribute thread Jim McLean once fined his whole team.....for only winning 6-1. That is a true story I may add.
Report hello :-) January 20, 2021 2:31 PM GMT
the great walter served under jim aswell stew , at a time when dundee united reached the champions league semi final
Report pushkin99 January 20, 2021 2:37 PM GMT
After winning 2-0 in the first leg, they should have met Liverpool in the final too.
Report stewarty b January 20, 2021 2:50 PM GMT
RIR. Or robbed in Rome.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com