Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
leazes67
19 Dec 20 16:03
| Topic/replies: 4,862 | Blogger: leazes67's blog
Only gonna get worse.
Pause Switch to Standard View Season to be abandoned...
Show More
Report Angoose December 19, 2020 6:01 PM GMT
Stay calm.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! December 19, 2020 6:06 PM GMT
Arse fan?

Laugh
Report scandanavian_haven December 19, 2020 6:20 PM GMT
Laugh
Report leazes67 December 19, 2020 6:22 PM GMT
I wish,no there have been a number of games called of due to covid 19.
Report SontaranStratagem December 19, 2020 6:53 PM GMT
Can't be

Arsenal can't be allowed to get away with being s*** for any longer Tongue Out
Report SontaranStratagem December 19, 2020 6:53 PM GMT
Rotherham Derby was called off, as was a lot of League 1 games as well (Sunderland being one)
Report leazes67 December 19, 2020 6:55 PM GMT
Expect games in London and south east to be called off.
Report scandanavian_haven December 19, 2020 7:02 PM GMT
Think next season Ancelotti will get rid of Calvert Lewin, he's OK for now but they will get a bigger superstar by then
Report scandanavian_haven December 19, 2020 7:03 PM GMT
wrong thread
Report Capt__F December 19, 2020 11:12 PM GMT
still wong
Report akabula December 19, 2020 11:56 PM GMT
celtic have already written to the EPL laying out their case for being awarded the title.
Report morpteh mackem December 20, 2020 8:57 AM GMT
should have abandoned one of domestic cups ( league probably and play fa cup asap into season ) , remember got euros at end of season so will have to finish by certain time. maybe should have been no european competitons in view of virus transmission across borders.
Report nineteen points December 20, 2020 9:01 AM GMT
i think its disgraceful sport is being allowed to carry on while the country is imprisoned.and to top it off they are still getting paid for it.if any business carried on while most of their staff had covid they would be fined.how are they different to anybody else?
Report 11kv December 20, 2020 9:02 AM GMT
Trying to keep the nations pecker up...
Report morpteh mackem December 20, 2020 9:18 AM GMT

Dec 20, 2020 -- 3:02AM, 11kv wrote:

Trying to keep the nations pecker up...

aye, there's that an'all

Report penzance December 20, 2020 11:58 AM GMT
watching sport,something to look
forward to and keep away from
hearing about the current infection
rates.
Report layingisthewayforward December 20, 2020 12:54 PM GMT
@nineteen points, why on earth would you want them to stop playing. My weekends are boring enough as it is FFS.
Report BennyBinion1 December 20, 2020 12:58 PM GMT
The football is great at the moment.

Interesting season on going.

Every match seems watchable at the moment!
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY December 20, 2020 2:05 PM GMT
No sport cant he cancelled, football, racing etc is all I have to do with my time, if not I will have to shag the mrs and then 9 months later I will have child number 4!!
Report nineteen points December 20, 2020 2:41 PM GMT
laying,why? because i am being told the end is nigh because of a deadly virus  and everybodies life is being controlled because of it.yet you can still play football ride horses and throw the rugger ball about and get well paid at the same time.all this to keep the plebs quiet and give them a bone to chew on.if it bad enough for us to have our lives controlled then they should be in the same boat.same as all these rich fockers jetting away for xmas then swanning back into the country after their nice little break.if this is so bad should be no travel in or out.just my opinion like.
Report moisok December 21, 2020 12:28 PM GMT
It is mainly 70/80 year olds who die of virus - it is only at age of 50/54   do deaths become even slightly significant in percentage terms throughout the whole county.  Covid can give complications to some too of course. It is mainly elderly and people with other illnesses  - they enter hospital and catch the virus (up to 25 percent of cases of death have nothing to do with the virus)
I think we are being panicked into this.  You only have to take appropriate precautions - be sensible.  I have to laugh at the pub closures for starters - less than 2 percent infections  whereas school childern are all crammed together in their hundreds or thousands and are super spreaders as the hurtle home to parents .  Supermarkets are the worst statistically for infections.
Report moisok December 21, 2020 12:29 PM GMT
ps check out the in depth studies to prove this
Report nineteen points December 21, 2020 2:03 PM GMT
moisok,i totally agree and endorse everything yoou say.they are my thoughts entirely.however common sense seems to have been put to the back of the queue now.
Report moisok December 21, 2020 2:50 PM GMT
I used to be familiar with statistical analysis  et but I need help.  If you test more people you get more results(interestingly some say the methods of testing themselves provide less than solid reliable data)   However can any one answer this simple point?  test 1000  you get 10 positives. Test 100,000  you get a thousand??  Correct??
Report moisok December 21, 2020 2:54 PM GMT
using those figures  you can panic bump  us into wrecking the economy - why  when it is mainly the old like me who die from it

doesn't make any sense at all.  One bloke quoted his brother in law going in with a broken leg and caught virus in hospital and died!!

It is anecdotal I admit but a lot have caught in hospital whilst having other underlying reasons they were there in the first place.
Report leazes67 December 21, 2020 5:56 PM GMT
Ipswich the latest team to cancel fixtures.
Report JC1326 December 21, 2020 6:12 PM GMT

Dec 19, 2020 -- 5:56PM, akabula wrote:

celtic have already written to the EPL laying out their case for being awarded the title.

Laugh

Report Coachbuster December 21, 2020 6:42 PM GMT
10 points is spot on

also why did they let crowds come back into the grounds ...at more than one game i recall seeing 2,000 fans huddled together into one area 

its all ALOFS LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Coachbuster December 21, 2020 6:43 PM GMT
19 points * 

forgive me  for that typo
Report pushkin99 December 21, 2020 8:11 PM GMT
After 13/14, I feared that I would never see Liverpool crowned as English Champions again.

So now our 30 years of hurt has come to an end, if this season has eventually to be abandoned so be it.................
Report TheBetterBettor December 22, 2020 12:05 AM GMT
^^^^ what are you on about, youve never seen your beloved southampton win anything.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 22, 2020 8:37 AM GMT
Give it about another 14 games or so, and see if Liverpool are about 10 points clear and then feel free to wave the chequered flag.
Report pushkin99 December 22, 2020 11:29 AM GMT
YAWN.......................thebitterbighter got absolutely nothing to do all day LaughLaughLaugh
Report The Knight December 22, 2020 2:11 PM GMT
It amazes me that on a gambling website, and one where EVERYONE claims to win, so many keep quoting figures about how it is only the elderly that are vulnerable and that his is all b*llshit.

For the umpteenth time, DO THE FIGURES. IF the virus is not surpressed it will infect huge numbers of all generations. While the younger generations will mostly be OK (note mostly) the older ones will overrun the NHS.

I cannot believe that so many on here fail to grasp that even a tiny percentage of an extremely big number will wreck our health system. There are 62 million people in the UK. Even 1% of that is 620,000.So, all these awful restrictions are valid, simply because COVID is so infectious - and now even more so, it seems.

What I do hope, though, is that once the vaccine starts protecting the vulnerable, we will not go all woossy about the small number of younger people who will die from it if infected. Each of those deaths will terribly sad but we will kill many, many more if we start to think we have to preserve ALL life at ALL costs. At some point, there is always risk in life.

Lastly, anyone who is thinking of refusing their jab. GET OVER YOURSELVES. If you don't want it, fine. But you will be forcefully isolated until the virus has gone and will also be last in line for treatment if you happen to contract it.

We and the yanks must be the stupidest nations on earth.
Report scandanavian_haven December 22, 2020 2:26 PM GMT
ffs we've had 4 month lockdowns, 4 week circuit breaker, tier systems, 9 months later look there's a new strain, here we go again, give it a break, we can't carry on like this forever, the furlough pot wont last and future generations will have to pay for it via taxes, getting back to normal is the best way, all those elderly people or those is higher risk categories can go around wearing masks instead.

Nobody will be forcibly injected, any government that even tries will have the opposition party winning by a landslide and authorities would not even have the resources/manpower to enforce that as,  all sorts of issues can arise with new vaccines be it short term or long term, such as those that had allergies triggered, you're carrying on as if the black death is upon us and anyone who is affected should have big red X's painted onto their doors.
Report scandanavian_haven December 22, 2020 2:27 PM GMT
pensioners only care about themselves, not worried about future generations it seems.
Report nineteen points December 22, 2020 2:41 PM GMT
well i know one very close to me and all she wants is to get back to normal.her opinion is she will take whats coming and let others have a life.you see she is a **** old bird,she keeps her distance.wears a mask when she has to,against her wishes mind,and generally looks after herself.now i know that seems insane to some on here but maybe its worth a go eh? i think she said it was called common sense or something and says she has been taking it all her 87 years.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 22, 2020 3:58 PM GMT
"let others have a life"

This is living mate. It ain't all smooth sailing. Today's generation has had it way too soft. Others had to put up with war, rationing and a truly hard existence. This lot - at worst - are getting furlough or dole money to sit on their arses watching 57 channels, playing computer games or posting drivel all day.

Everyone needs to stop being so entitled in their oh so comfortable existence and understand that nature will throw a curveball that knocks the system.
Report scandanavian_haven December 22, 2020 4:13 PM GMT
most people I know would crawl over broken glass to get back to work properly, this whole everyone is enjoying being furlough stuff is for the birds, some people have been watching too many of these benefit programmes that middle class grads enjoy making to take the piss out of the underclass.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 22, 2020 4:21 PM GMT
I imagine a lot of people would. But it's not an entitlement to simply get back to work. Times are tough and lots of firms are struggling. That said, there seem to be bundles of (presumably fairly short term) jobs to help the NHS deliver the vaccine if anyone is interested. But unemployment is something most of us face in life. This fairy story about a pensioner wanting to sacrifice herself so everyone else can get back to nights out is nonsense. Life is tough at times. Get on with it.
Report scandanavian_haven December 22, 2020 4:37 PM GMT
Nobody said it was an entitlement did they, the reason why companies are struggling is because the country has shut up shop with lockdowns, circuit breakers and tier level restrictions which is utterly pointless given the sheer number of people not complying means it was never going to be effective - hence 9 months later here we are, better off all those in higher risk groups isolating and the rest of the country carrying on, that alternative is better given the long term negative effects this will cause including increased levels of tax for the next few years to come. Never mind the people at the bottom end of the social-economic scale you've had celebrities, professionals such as TV presenters, special advisors and MP's all breaking the rules, it's hopeless expecting these enforced restrictions are going to help in any way long term. Time for a rethink.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 22, 2020 4:43 PM GMT
No, companies are struggling because there is a deadly pandemic doing the rounds. And half arsed lockdowns followed by half price restaurant trips proved to be a short term fix. No country in the world has been able to successfully protect the vulnerable and open up for the rest. Not one. So let's leave that pipe dream in the vivid imagination box, even if in reality it would mean an actual proper, brutal lockdown for millions of elderly single people for months on end. That'd be a level of cruelty beyond me to be fair.
Report scandanavian_haven December 22, 2020 4:48 PM GMT
It's the only way forward, all those that have underlying health issues should isolate, we've tried the alternative, the rest of the country in good health, which is the majority, should indeed carry on as they were, that way we have no mental health issues increase, we don't have millions of missed cancer screenings as we did, we don't have increases in domestic abuses incidents, alcohol problems rising, online fraud, etc. The deadliness of this virus is greatly exaggerated, even that fat unhealthy lump Boris survived it, it's not the black death, it doesn't kill people of all health ranges instantly.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 22, 2020 5:08 PM GMT
My word, you sound like one of those responsible gambling weirdos

It's not the only way forward. We've already vaccinated half a million people. We just need more time. As said, no-one has managed to protect the vulnerable while opening up so it's only an alternative in cloud cuckoo land. Either way, businesses aren't going to send people back in till it's safe, they aren't risking an entire office floor getting ill at the same time or someone suing them. Same way, people aren't visiting pubs and restaurants in any great number while the country is in this state. Remove state help and open them up again will simply lead to them closing to bankruptcy in a couple of months time.

The majority may be in good health, but the vast majority of businesses will employ both the healthy and vulnerable. And the result of locking down the actual vulnerable, I mean proper locking down is frankly inhumane for any length of time.

Missed cancer screenings - a combination of people being too scared to go (do we count how many are missed screenings at other times when people ignore that pain, bit of blood etc?) and the doctors assessing the risk of them coming in and catching the virus vs the cancer doing something unexpected in that time.

Domestic abuse incidents. If it wasn't for that damn virus those lovely husbands wouldn't have turned out so bad! Maybe blame the perps for that one and for a justice system on its knees that it can't keep up with the number of crimes being committed.

Alcohol problems - again, responsibility of the individual. See my opening post about entitlement. Some people have chosen to use the time to get healthy, some haven't. I don't expect you to congratulate the virus for the former exactly, but if people choose to drink more, then it's on them.
Report scandanavian_haven December 22, 2020 5:26 PM GMT
over a million women had their breast screening for cancelled FFS, domestic abuse increased because of lockdown regardless and alcohol intake went up, it may well be individual responsibility but the government either way knew that would happen, as the last 9 months have shown all these preventative measures have largely been fruitless, the people in  high risk catagories should all be under strict isolation till vaccines are in sufficient supply for the forseeable.

There is also the stress, worry and anxiety of young people, students not knowing whether their coming or growing, having to put up with either cancelled exams, predicted exams and I think in Scotland case missing a year altogether next year with their highers?

Last 9 months and the imposed restrictions have way too many long term long lasting negative affects.
Report scandanavian_haven December 22, 2020 5:29 PM GMT
as for responsible gambling weirdo, that's ironic considering your can't don this shouldn't do that approach.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 22, 2020 5:37 PM GMT
Not sure about the numbers for breast cancer, but - as stated - it's a risk assessment. If it was deemed too risky to bring them in, they didn't.

Domestic abuse increased BECAUSE OF THE ABUSERS.

Stop letting them off. It's the abusers to blame, not lockdown.

Alcohol intake went up because people chose to drink more. Numbers of pets bought and books read also went up. A lot of people took up jogging too. People used their free will to use their time as they saw best.

Stress, worry and anxiety is simply part of life. Not too much harm in students experiencing it now imo. Don't want them thinking the rest of their lives will be like one long freshers' week.

The predicted grades farrago was not a result of the lockdown. It was the result of a really sh!t model that the government thought was great. You'd do well not to confuse the two.
Report wolf3011 December 22, 2020 5:59 PM GMT

Dec 22, 2020 -- 8:11AM, The Knight wrote:

It amazes me that on a gambling website, and one where EVERYONE claims to win, so many keep quoting figures about how it is only the elderly that are vulnerable and that his is all b*llshit. For the umpteenth time, DO THE FIGURES. IF the virus is not surpressed it will infect huge numbers of all generations. While the younger generations will mostly be OK (note mostly) the older ones will overrun the NHS. I cannot believe that so many on here fail to grasp that even a tiny percentage of an extremely big number will wreck our health system. There are 62 million people in the UK. Even 1% of that is 620,000.So, all these awful restrictions are valid, simply because COVID is so infectious - and now even more so, it seems. What I do hope, though, is that once the vaccine starts protecting the vulnerable, we will not go all woossy about the small number of younger people who will die from it if infected. Each of those deaths will terribly sad but we will kill many, many more if we start to think we have to preserve ALL life at ALL costs. At some point, there is always risk in life.Lastly, anyone who is thinking of refusing their jab. GET OVER YOURSELVES. If you don't want it, fine. But you will be forcefully isolated until the virus has gone and will also be last in line for treatment if you happen to contract it.We and the yanks must be the stupidest nations on earth.

An absolutely ridiculous post, aside from the mad rant in caps lock which is always the sign of someone slightly unhinged, talk of people being " forcefully isolated" unless they have a vaccine sounds like something from a manifesto in north korea rather than a free country. You state " DO THE FIGURES" -

Report wolf3011 December 22, 2020 6:00 PM GMT
The figures have an average age of death of 82 years old so maybe you should do them
Report wolf3011 December 22, 2020 6:03 PM GMT
In terms of the NHS being "overwhelmed " what's new? There were pictures last year pre covid of people being treated in corridors with the " flu epidemic " and tales of people drinking from vases containing water such was the standard of heathcare. The NHS for many has been unfit for purpose for years, most years the hospitals are close to overflowing near capacity.
Report scandanavian_haven December 22, 2020 6:11 PM GMT
We all know that individuals are responsible for their own actions, but the government knew that this means nothing to domestic abusers whatsoever - and they ploughed on regardless, no amount of attention focus on these people would have changed things, do you think they would have sat there and thought to themselves, oh look, man on telly says this is bad, I must stop immediately, this is childlike sort of thinking.

Stress, worry and anxiety 'suddenly' for millions of youth can not just be passed off as part of life, a predicted grade is unfair to those who had spent years studying, no model or teacher grade would ever have been 100% accurate, some teacher could also take advantage by awarding lower grades to students they didn't like.

As for breast cancer screening...

30 September 2020
Nearly one million women in the UK have missed potentially lifesaving NHS breast screening due to COVID-19, the leading UK breast cancer charity has warned on the eve of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Breast Cancer Now estimates that around 986,0001 women missed their mammograms due to breast screening programmes being paused in March 2020,2 in a bid to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading and to free up emergency resource for the NHS.

Worryingly, the charity anticipates that around 8,600 of the women caught up in this backlog could have been living with undetected breast cancer, with their diagnosis delayed due to the detrimental impact of COVID-19 on the NHS.3

While the breast screening programme is now starting up again, at different speeds across the country,4 availability of appointments has been significantly reduced due to measures to enable social distancing and to prevent COVID-19 spreading. Combined with this, the significant backlog of women waiting for screening, and more women starting to come forward with concerns about possible breast cancer symptoms, will place huge pressure on the imaging and diagnostic workforce which was already over-stretched prior to the pandemic.

Breast Cancer Now is deeply concerned by these delays to breast screening as early detection is critical to preventing women dying from breast cancer. As such, delays have caused some women huge anxiety, and the reality is that if breast cancer is diagnosed at a later stage it may be harder to treat.

This is why the charity is urgently calling on Governments and NHS bodies across the UK to set out how the anticipated influx in demand for imaging and diagnostics will be met. It is also calling on the UK Government to commit in its upcoming Comprehensive Spending Review to investing in the NHS cancer workforce to ensure breast cancer cases are diagnosed as early as possible.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 22, 2020 6:40 PM GMT
Again, I'm not dismissing the breast cancer screenings. Though I didn't realise these were just your standard regular mammogram checks rather than follow ups for people who've discovered lumps. The charity itself estimates of those, only 8,600 could have it probably and the number will be much smaller again of those who may die because of the difference between having the scan this year or next. Awful for them and hopefully the government will prioritise health screenings to be caught up asap, but your lack of concern for the tens of thousands dead seems at odds with your stance on this.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make on domestic abuse. Again, millions of case studies tell us that if the abusers didn't strike in the last nine months they'll do it in the next couple of years. Lockdown certainly does bring problems. It's far from ideal. But we're dealing with a deadly pandemic and it was the least bad choice. You trying to absolve abusers of blame by shifting it on to government policy is frankly abhorrent though.

And again, the fault for the predicted grades was this utterly gormless government, not the lockdown.
Report scandanavian_haven December 22, 2020 7:00 PM GMT
you trying to absolve abusers of blame

what's a matter with you? why do you have to lower yourself with out and out nonsense like this?  I've stated more than once now it's individual responsibility, what I have said is that these kind of people will increase with frequency their levels of abuse and increase in numbers given how many more people were forced to stay at home, that's just a simple fact, and the government knew this, you deal with the reality, coming out with this kind of heinous spin is juvenile and time wasting,  as if I 'absorb' them of blame Crazy you're starting to sound like a seasoned politician now with your shifting of the goalposts
Report TheBetterBettor December 22, 2020 9:54 PM GMT
Lifting the league title in an empty stadium when your fans are trying to sneak in, will never be the same as those packed out nights at old trafford when man utd won the premiership.
Report PorcupineorPineapple December 23, 2020 12:22 AM GMT
Good to have a long memory I suppose.
Report rothko December 23, 2020 11:57 AM GMT
yes 2012/13 seems like a lifetime ago
but 2021 is something to look forward to for united fans - thursday / sunday footie
Report buddeliea December 23, 2020 12:01 PM GMT
Laugh
Report REDROB December 23, 2020 3:44 PM GMT
Forgot to congratulate Liverpool on last years Premiership Success

Well done, you have joined the mighty ranks of Blackburn and Leicester as one time winners Laugh

The  boys at Man city, man utd,chelsea and arsenal await you at the big table.
Report pushkin99 December 23, 2020 4:34 PM GMT
FWIW thebitterbighter I was on the Kop terraces when we beat Spurs 3-1 to win the league title. Pandemonium in the second and absolutely amazing scenes when King Kenny scored in front of the Kop with his arms held aloft. And again a few years later at the Bridge when King Kenny scored the only goal to lift yet another league title, when the celebrations were a little more subdued. Sweet revenge for that 2-0 loss in the FA cup a few years before against 2nd Division Chelsea.

Memories in my heart that will never fad, as if they were yesterday. Happy Much better and sweeter than last season for sure, when watching on from TV when Chelsea administered the coup de gras on our behalf against City. Albeit that after 30 years of hurt, it did not stop the champagne flowing, with fireworks lighting up the sky in the road where I live HappyHappyHappyHappy
Report leazes67 December 28, 2020 4:39 PM GMT
City v Everton called off.
Report 11kv December 28, 2020 5:05 PM GMT
Ah poor luvvies not adhering to the rules and have infected half the first team squad,should be made to play the under 18s in there place if all tested clear.....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com