Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
scandanavian_haven
17 Dec 20 21:00
| Topic/replies: 13,427 | Blogger: scandanavian_haven's blog
5 pts of top with a game in hand
Pause Switch to Standard View Can Man United win the Title ?
Show More
Report sofaking December 17, 2020 10:09 PM GMT
No. But top four is definitely on. Could finish ahead of City, Spurs or Chelsea if they improve their home form.
Report Coachbuster December 17, 2020 10:33 PM GMT
agree with sofa lad
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B December 17, 2020 10:58 PM GMT
I think they COULD but realistically playing for Top 4 again.  They are currently down to 13/1 to win it, Liverpool are 11/8.  They're looking better though, just need to sort out a very average centre back pairing.
Report mega88 December 18, 2020 12:54 AM GMT
Report REDUNDANT PUNTER December 18, 2020 10:04 AM GMT
Of course they could win it but they are very mentally fragile and have a manager whose very average in terms of motivation and tactics the midfield is too easily played through

So yes they can win it although more likely to win a cup
Report shiny new shoes please December 18, 2020 11:41 AM GMT
Funny real funny.
Report howard December 18, 2020 11:51 AM GMT
Their best player going in Jan ?
Report Coachbuster December 18, 2020 6:58 PM GMT
Man Utd looking their most stable since SAF imo ...  they need to stick with this Norwegian fella  ...on course for 70 points this season
Report roache December 30, 2020 11:49 PM GMT
Its madness if Utd win there game in hand they go level on points at the top after losing 3 times at home already with a 6-1 pummelling to boot but if they can get there act together for the 2nd half of the season its there for the taking, i do not think they are good enough to win the league but you cannot rule it out when they have been dire at home all season yet they are still up at the top.
Report hello :-) December 31, 2020 12:23 AM GMT
yes they could , no team is without its poor patches this season

tho said it already the value is chelski at mo 30s plus , they beat city and that goes to 10s or so

and city had a very disrupted week , god knows who they will have out aswell , failing that they are a team packed with quality and could easily string a run together

it already seems the poverty gap has closed much this season and most teams are capable of taking points of anyone , most open for years
Report scandanavian_haven January 1, 2021 10:19 PM GMT
joint top
Report REDROB January 1, 2021 10:21 PM GMT
as are Chelsea, United were 30 a month ago. now 6/1.
Report scandanavian_haven January 1, 2021 10:24 PM GMT
Chelsea are 5th?
Report REDROB January 1, 2021 10:26 PM GMT
I Think utd were about tenth when they were 30
Report REDROB January 1, 2021 10:27 PM GMT
But spurs, everton, chelsea and even L'pool all were dropping points.
Report Capt__F January 1, 2021 10:30 PM GMT
utd 1 spurs 6
villa 7 Lpool 2
chelsea 0 lpool 2
lpool 2 spurs 1

so yes
Report Angoose January 1, 2021 10:30 PM GMT
Leicester won the title in 2016 with just 81 points, an average of 2.1 points per game.
Could be an even lower points total will secure the title this season.

The last three titles have been won with 100, 98, and 99.
Report REDROB January 1, 2021 10:32 PM GMT
100 is already unattainable. Looking like an 85ish season.
Report scandanavian_haven January 1, 2021 10:36 PM GMT
oh your English the wrong way round
Report Capt__F January 1, 2021 10:39 PM GMT
85 Everton so ish be Liverpool Cool
Report unitedbiscuits January 2, 2021 8:52 AM GMT
Hopefully not.

Manchester United have a gameplan, which is to give the ball to the opposition then try to steal it high up the pitch - POMO - it's crap to watch, but they have figured out there's more jeopardy in having the ball than not in the EPL. 

Away to Liverpool two weeks on Sunday, supposedly the pinnacle fixture of the Premier League. Two counter-attacking teams gifting the ball to each other. I expect 0-0 like last season.
Report Storm Alert January 2, 2021 9:57 AM GMT
They might cheat their way to the title. Number of penalties they are creating probably more than in the Mike Riley day's. Yesterdays Pogba a prime example of how to trip yourself up. Staggering that the VAR operatives keep getting fooled.
Report buddeliea January 2, 2021 11:56 AM GMT
Its a horrible season standard wise,no team stands out, so yes they can win it, as can a fair few others.
If Liverpool and City continue to perform at the level of the others,rather than what we all know they are capable of then this will continue.
Only Liverpool and City can change things.
Report hello :-) January 2, 2021 12:02 PM GMT
pogbas seems on board now , some of his passing just wow  and starting regular aswell

changed everything imo lifted that team
Report lurka January 2, 2021 12:37 PM GMT
Think it will turn on the fitness of/injuries to key players going forward, a good signing for someone in Jan or maybe Covid.

Not impressed with how Man U are playing. Prob should have dropped points to Villa and Wolves. They have been lucky rather than good and that will run out soon. Don't see them winning it unless the winner is below 80 points.

Chelsea could go close if Frank played his best team in their best positions but that doesn't look like happening.

Still in Liverpool's hands, they are capable of putting distance between themselves and the rest. City not scoring enough for me and different team without a fully fit Aguero. Don't think either are capable of what they did the last few years without VVD and Aguero but still prob more than the rest of them. City should go for a top striker in Jan.
Report scandanavian_haven January 2, 2021 12:44 PM GMT
It's down to VAR to determine clear and obvious, it looked liked he was clipped to me, one of those though that only Pogba knows, grinding out wins is a sign of a good team.
Report roache January 2, 2021 10:31 PM GMT
Pogba has now got it down to an art form,he did exactly the same Spurs away straight after lockdown to win a penalty,gets the ball gets into penalty area with defender alongside then slows himself down feels for the defenders shadow then dramatically collapses to the floor screaming pen,he's 6'2 and about 14 stone for christ sake my granny would stay on her feet better than him its because he wants he decides to go down as he knows how gullible the refs and VAR are,the ref i can understand as he gets 1 chance in real time but VAR how can they not see that he's making fools of them with his cheating, All rugby league players must be laughing at the antics of some players as in there game 3 blokes can struggle to bring 1 to the floor on occasions.
Report n88uk January 4, 2021 10:03 PM GMT
Free trade @ 8s atm. 10-11 days a long time in current climate. You either lay off at same price if games are still going in 10-11 days or the price will shorten if league suspends with Utd top on PPG.
Report REDROB January 4, 2021 10:05 PM GMT
were 6/1 after beating villa, then went out to 8/1 after city beat chelsea, L'pool lose tonight, utd shorten a point.
Report roache January 4, 2021 10:07 PM GMT
Think i will have a few bob on Utd for a tiny bit of compensation should the unthinkable happen and Ole steers the ship home Wink
Report hello :-) January 5, 2021 12:53 PM GMT
price gone at moment

wee break for epl with cup , i expect the form to change again , pool , man u , city , etc all inconsistent patches before 

to me its a risk obv but chelski at 70s plus , and 2 wins behind is a interesting punt which ive been backing

did same with gunners at 4/500 plus , now down to 150 after three win run , crazy season so far anything could happen tbh and squads could be hard hit with covid also ,
Report Lee Ho Fooks January 5, 2021 1:35 PM GMT
SA - these are the new Mike Riley days, only now he carries more clout
Report n88uk January 5, 2021 4:42 PM GMT

Jan 4, 2021 -- 4:03PM, n88uk wrote:

Free trade @ 8s atm. 10-11 days a long time in current climate. You either lay off at same price if games are still going in 10-11 days or the price will shorten if league suspends with Utd top on PPG.

Sky Sports News
@SkySportsNews
BREAKING: The Premier League has confirmed a season-high 40 positive coronavirus cases were recorded in the latest week of testing.

All lining up obv.

Report hello :-) January 5, 2021 5:26 PM GMT
too much could go wrong in man u camp aswell n88 , a hit of cases for man u and it will drift possibly
Report JC1326 January 5, 2021 5:37 PM GMT
No, Liverpool will win it. Still the best side and that 2.75 on them is a ludicrous overreaction to Man City going 3-0 up at Chelsea.
Report scandanavian_haven January 5, 2021 5:46 PM GMT
The 40 positive tests includes staff so that's just massive scaremongering, apart from players you have Goalkeeping coach, fitness coach, Assistant coach, nutritionists, scouts, kitman, physio, youth team coaches, translators etc
Report rommel January 5, 2021 6:19 PM GMT
saf wiped out the kitmen at OT
Report hello :-) January 5, 2021 6:20 PM GMT
still a worry tbh , some teams will be hit hard tho no question

pot luck if it moves odds in your favour or not 

pool just got 2 points out of 9 , think thats why the odds coinciding with manchester on the up
Report scandanavian_haven January 12, 2021 10:22 PM GMT
just ticking along....3 points clear at the top of the table, next game at away v Liverpool.
Report Capt__F January 12, 2021 10:30 PM GMT
F O utd
Report scandanavian_haven January 17, 2021 6:32 PM GMT
past the acid test, over to City, who should crush Palace, who look useless in attack
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 17, 2021 6:33 PM GMT
Capt F

F O Liverpool
Report Capt__F January 17, 2021 10:34 PM GMT
at least you had respect for capital L
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 18, 2021 12:52 AM GMT
Capt

But what a childish thing to put.  So you're a Liverpool fan and don't like United but to actually come on here and post that is just thick.  Grow up ffs.  I deliberately copied your exact words to show you how stupid it was.

Write something worth reading, add to the discussion not nonsense like that.  Grow up.

PS:  Liverpool is spelt with a capital 'L' as it's a name, place.
Report Emitdeb January 19, 2021 12:16 PM GMT
Can Man United win the Title ?

Yes But not with Ollie Gunnar Solskjaer as manager. For as long as he has a hole in his backside he wont win any trophy as a football manager.

I just wish there was a market...
Report hello :-) January 19, 2021 1:14 PM GMT
they can win it , anyone of top 6/7 can

utd can shut sides out and attack at pace , they look like a team now aswell , together 

getting pogba onside galvanised that team , a few weeks ago they looked lost now they look like they are playing with a lot of belief
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 19, 2021 1:54 PM GMT
LOU MACARIS TARTAN B 17 Dec 20 23:58

I think they COULD but realistically playing for Top 4 again.  They are currently down to 13/1 to win it, Liverpool are 11/8.  They're looking better though, just need to sort out a very average centre back pairing.

I posted this four weeks ago and now United are down to 8/1 on here and Liverpool out to 9/2 so they are picking up a bit, currently top of the league so going along very nicely.

Gun at my head though do I think United will win it?  No.
Report rommel January 19, 2021 1:58 PM GMT
advice to Olly,get rid of the pog project nowwwwwwwwwww,anything over 10 million snatch their mitts off
Report shiny new shoes please January 19, 2021 2:17 PM GMT
Anything is possible
Wud b the shock of the year imo
Report LOU MACARIS TARTAN B January 19, 2021 2:26 PM GMT
Yes I think Pogba's been awful though funnily enough the last three or four games he's definitely got that bit better.  All things considered though I'd get rid.
Report Emitdeb January 19, 2021 7:29 PM GMT
Pogba clearly thinks he's in the January shop window.. Back to sulking if he dont go... is my guess.
Report rommel January 19, 2021 8:02 PM GMT

Jan 19, 2021 -- 1:29PM, Emitdeb wrote:

Pogba clearly thinks he's in the January shop window.. Back to sulking if he dont go... is my guess.

great point,4 years and we see something resembling a pro

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com