Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sofaking
28 Nov 20 15:32
| Topic/replies: 37,525 | Blogger: sofaking's blog

‘The world’s going mad’: Angry fans blast ‘WOKE BBC’ as ex-football star is AXED for daring to use harmless ‘handbags’ term on air.

Fans have accused the BBC of an "absolutely ridiculous" over-reaction after a radio pundit was dropped for using the term "handbags", accusing people who complained about his comments of being "offended by every single thing".
Former Leicester and Sheffield United defender Steve Thompson was working on a lower division match for BBC Radio Lincolnshire when he used the harmless term, which is even defined in the dictionary as “an incident in which people, ­especially sportsmen, fight or threaten to fight but without real intent to inflict harm”.

Thompson is said to have been "devastated" by the corporation's decision to suspend him over complaints about his description of a minor altercation during the match, which has shocked fans and sparked a campaign to reinstate the veteran co-commentator.

"'Tommo', who commentates on Lincoln City games, has been suspended by the woke BBC for saying an incident during Tuesday night's game against Swindon involving two players was 'just handbags'," said author and Lincoln fan Bernard O'Mahoney.

https://www.rt.com/sport/508088-steve-thompson-lincoln-suspended-bbc/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

CLOWN WORLD.

Pause Switch to Standard View BBC pundit dropped for using the term...
Show More
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 28, 2020 4:37 PM GMT
Ex football star is pushing it.

Posting links to Russia today

It's only handbags, let him be suspended.
Report mecca November 28, 2020 4:38 PM GMT
Stop being offensive to Clowns
Report sofaking November 28, 2020 4:39 PM GMT

Nov 28, 2020 -- 10:37AM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

Ex football star is pushing it.Posting links to Russia todayIt's only handbags, let him be suspended.

Clowns like you are part of the problem.

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 28, 2020 4:40 PM GMT
Lol, calm down missus
Report mecca November 28, 2020 4:40 PM GMT
This guy Thompson should take them to an industrial tribunal
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 28, 2020 4:43 PM GMT
Might lose at tribunal...

The BBC said: 'After listeners raised concerns, Steve acknowledged some of his comments on air didn't meet the standards we expect.

'He is taking a break but will be back in the New Year.'

Thompson had previously received a written warning about his use of language in 2018 and also referred to a player as a 'drama queen'.
Report mecca November 28, 2020 4:46 PM GMT
So he's off to a re education camp for a couple of months... It really is pathetic
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 28, 2020 4:48 PM GMT
It's barely over a month

Jeez you 2 are like a couple of schoolgirld
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 28, 2020 4:49 PM GMT
Schoolgirls
Report mecca November 28, 2020 4:51 PM GMT
Now that IS a sexist comment
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 28, 2020 4:52 PM GMT
Oh dear
Report mecca November 28, 2020 4:52 PM GMT
can't believe i just posted that... i'm getting as daft as the woke lot
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 28, 2020 4:54 PM GMT
Laugh
Report scandanavian_haven November 28, 2020 5:01 PM GMT
#defundthebbc
Report moisok November 28, 2020 5:03 PM GMT
all you gentle flowers better not watch women's rugby  -  they even SWEAR!!  and they are very rough with one another.  But fortunately the sky reporters do apologise.

Apologising for all and sundry can lead to embarrassing moments.

As in one novel  A young man is driving a lady in a two wheeled horse trap and  apologises when the horse lets rip - 

she retorts  'Oh I thought it was the horse'
Report mecca November 28, 2020 5:06 PM GMT
Hi Mo..... you still making a killing on the footie?
Report mecca November 28, 2020 5:07 PM GMT
Or should I say soccerball
Report moisok November 28, 2020 5:16 PM GMT
like many it has been up and down  season  - not doing so well  draws are my horror - of course one can get out whilst in a good position
but some of these results simply wouldn't happen a year or so ago.
Too many games too close equals injuries and tiredness and the lesser teams are keeping it very narrow to stop the better players getting through.
Too much space is being left by the wing backs as the better teams attack and if the opposition can find the right ball they can just boot it 30 yards or so into the space left on the wings  - the lesser team is immediately threatening the goal with one pass.

But var is rubbish - and most of us thought it was a good idea.  It is not being used in the spirit of the game and I am no longer excited by much of the over hyped rubbish where players are more concerned about their cars and hairstyles.
It doesn't stop me from betting though as overall I am usually up.
all the best to fellow bettors in these rather strange times
Report moisok November 28, 2020 5:17 PM GMT
Farrell  just slotted one in  wales 7  engerland 18 rugger
Report sofaking November 28, 2020 5:33 PM GMT

Nov 28, 2020 -- 11:17AM, moisok wrote:

Farrell

Report mighty November 28, 2020 6:13 PM GMT
The guy on sky dogs on thurs said

"and the six dogs has gone up to bend
quicker than a brides nighty.
PMSL
Report Tiger Tiger November 28, 2020 6:15 PM GMT
BBC need to be shut down.
Report MALAY November 28, 2020 7:01 PM GMT
Probably should be sacked for not describing what actually happened, rather than using a stupid cliche, but it is a stupid description considering I've never seen a fitba player on pitch with a handbag.
Report Coachbuster November 28, 2020 7:36 PM GMT
handbags is just wrong   

manbags surely ?
Report Coachbuster November 28, 2020 7:38 PM GMT
and yes the england rugby girls  give it a real go ...  the props  could physically do a lot of harm to a few blokes Plain
Report moisok November 28, 2020 7:45 PM GMT
but so many soccerball players are rather fey don't you think

particularly the ones who so care about their hairdos

the rugby girls are fantastic and really mean it  - so committed

and yes THEY  do use the term  handbags

we have to call time on the wokes
Report Coachbuster November 28, 2020 7:59 PM GMT
I guess too much money in the game now .

half the players are recruited from RADA  ...  all well versed in the art of trying to get an opponent sent off ,penalty etc ..theatrical diving
Report Try My Best November 28, 2020 8:02 PM GMT
email I have just sent to the BBC board.Subject: Dropping the football commentator for saying handbags
Your message: I and all of the sane people in this country have had a effing gutfull of you spineless ****s. Dropping the radio football commentator for using the phrase handbags. What a bias PC, left wing militant Corporation we have. I can't wait for Boris to send your organisation to the nearest effing dustbin and hope it's tomorrow. You and the people who have stuffed their pockets full of tax payers money should be stuck up against the nearest wall and humanely put down. What a shower of **** you all are.

Biggest set of w*nkers in the country.
Report liberator of the oppressed November 28, 2020 8:10 PM GMT
We need a referendum and flog the organisation they stink Boris needs to be tough in five years BBC are nothing flog it off gravy train paying a license is pants.
Report themightymac November 28, 2020 8:25 PM GMT
It really is becoming a joke.

Can you still call someone a bawbag Crazy
Report themightymac November 28, 2020 8:27 PM GMT
I`ve just thought of a great business idea - A politically correct dictionary. Cry
Report akabula November 28, 2020 8:39 PM GMT
The BBC should 'man up' and stop acting like big girls blouses. Happy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com