Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
UBLE/REGY
10 Nov 20 17:17
| Topic/replies: 4,516 | Blogger: UBLE/REGY's blog
Not strictly football...but I have a lot of money tied up on US Election
Because of this Betfair limit my bets on football...saying I am over exposed

Does anyone else have this problem?????

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 22
By:
UBLE/REGY
When: 10 Nov 20 17:18
The general opinion is Biden has won
By:
UBLE/REGY
When: 10 Nov 20 17:18
He has most votes
By:
wolf3011
When: 10 Nov 20 17:31
The old adage of it aint over till it's over springs to mind. Can you imagine if they settled and had to reverse payouts if Trump was successful however unlikely?
By:
carrot1960
When: 10 Nov 20 18:37
Given the amount of stuff going on in the states and the money involved they have to wait for the "weigh in"
By:
RothmanMike
When: 10 Nov 20 18:45
Just increase your daily Loss Limit ‘til Election sorted.
By:
sofaking
When: 10 Nov 20 22:10
By the way, I think Trump will win in the courts.
By:
cpfc4me
When: 11 Nov 20 01:01
By the way, I think Trump will win in the courts.

Based on what? Unfortunately for him, he needs evidence, and his star case in PA collapsed tonight with the guy admitting he'd made it all up. If there was any "substantial" fraud, it would have been known by now.

The market for Next President isn't settled because the State markets for Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are still open. That's 97 Electoral College votes up still technically in play although Trump is likely to pick up just 18 of them (Alaska and North Carolina). Biden is 1.12 or shorter in all the other states and Pennsylvania alone puts him over the top.

Trump is losing to Biden by...

20,539 votes in Wisconsin
47,215 votes in Pennsylvania
12,567 votes in Georgia
14,746 votes in Arizona
36,274 votes in Nevada

These are margins that won't be overturned in a recount. Biden is the winner, we just need to be patient while Betfair waits the official state declarations.
By:
cpfc4me
When: 11 Nov 20 01:13
And speaking of Pennsylvania, it's just been announced that Biden is ahead by more votes than there are ballots remaining to be counted, ~44,800.
By:
Hamlin
When: 11 Nov 20 09:33
Did you bet on the next President or next President elect? What happens to your bet if Biden wins the nomination and then dies in Decemeber.... K Harris would become the next President. You shouldn't bet on markets you don't understand, the next President doesn't get settled until January.
By:
wolf3011
When: 11 Nov 20 09:41

Nov 11, 2020 -- 3:33AM, Hamlin wrote:

Did you bet on the next President or next President elect? What happens to your bet if Biden wins the nomination and then dies in Decemeber.... K Harris would become the next President. You shouldn't bet on markets you don't understand, the next President doesn't get settled until January.

Fake news. If you believe this it's you that doesn't understand the market

By:
sofaking
When: 11 Nov 20 22:05

Nov 10, 2020 -- 7:01PM, cpfc4me wrote:

By the way, I think Trump will win in the courts.Based on what? Unfortunately for him, he needs evidence, and his star case in PA collapsed tonight with the guy admitting he'd made it all up. If there was any "substantial" fraud, it would have been known by now.The market for Next President isn't settled because the State markets for Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are still open. That's 97 Electoral College votes up still technically in play although Trump is likely to pick up just 18 of them (Alaska and North Carolina). Biden is 1.12 or shorter in all the other states and Pennsylvania alone puts him over the top. Trump is losing to Biden by...20,539 votes in Wisconsin47,215 votes in Pennsylvania12,567 votes in Georgia14,746 votes in Arizona36,274 votes in NevadaThese are margins that won't be overturned in a recount. Biden is the winner, we just need to be patient while Betfair waits the official state declarations.

The whistleblower in Pennsylvania "didn't make it all up".  He was put under enormous pressure by the Feds to claim he did though.  If you're fully convinced the election is over then surely you should not turn down the free money of Biden at 1.10 to win the election. Crazy

By:
shiny new shoes please
When: 11 Nov 20 22:45
Over exposed , jail time awaits!
By:
Hamlin
When: 11 Nov 20 22:45

Nov 11, 2020 -- 3:41AM, wolf3011 wrote:

Nov 11, 2020 -- 10:33AM, Hamlin wrote:Did you bet on the next President or next President elect? What happens to your bet if Biden wins the nomination and then dies in Decemeber.... K Harris would become the next President. You shouldn't bet on markets you don't understand, the next President doesn't get settled until January.Fake news. If you believe this it's you that doesn't understand the market

Whats fake about it? Try to use your words instead of just drooling out catchphrases like an uneducated swamp rat. The President-elect doesn't become President till January.

By:
sofaking
When: 11 Nov 20 23:58

Nov 11, 2020 -- 4:45PM, shiny new shoes please wrote:

Over exposed , jail time awaits!

Jail time for who kid?

By:
brians
When: 12 Nov 20 09:18
Hamelin , have you read the rules on the market? It is not really a market on who becomes the next president. It is a market on who won the election. If Biden dies today, he is still the winner as it was his name on the voting paper. It is all very well explained on the US election thread which is on the horse racing part of the forum.
By:
shiny new shoes please
When: 12 Nov 20 23:04
Over exposed! Lol.
WIT. sofa. Wit.
ExcitedCryLaughLaugh
By:
sofaking
When: 12 Nov 20 23:16
Ah ok,  I see what you're saying shiny. Your sense of humour is on another level. Tongue Out
By:
jamee1
When: 13 Nov 20 18:03

Nov 12, 2020 -- 3:18AM, brians wrote:

Hamelin , have you read the rules on the market? It is not really a market on who becomes the next president. It is a market on who won the election. If Biden dies today, he is still the winner as it was his name on the voting paper. It is all very well explained on the US election thread which is on the horse racing part of the forum.

Not quite as cut and dried as you might think. Any legal challenge/recounts before the Electoral College votes will affect this market I would think. As a bit of extra sidebet fun, don't forget Harris and Pence are also named on the ballot paper!

By:
jamee1
When: 13 Nov 20 18:04

Nov 13, 2020 -- 12:03PM, jamee1 wrote:

Nov 12, 2020 -- 10:18AM, brians wrote:Hamelin , have you read the rules on the market? It is not really a market on who becomes the next president. It is a market on who won the election. If Biden dies today, he is still the winner as it was his name on the voting paper. It is all very well explained on the US election thread which is on the horse racing part of the forum.Not quite as cut and dried as you might think. Any legal challenge/recounts before the Electoral College votes will affect this market I would think. As a bit of extra sidebet fun, don't forget Harris and Pence are also named on the ballot paper!

you vote for "Biden/Harris", not "Biden".

By:
dave1357
When: 13 Nov 20 18:48
So Betfair will be paying out on both as a dead heat? gl with that.
By:
jamee1
When: 13 Nov 20 23:23

Nov 13, 2020 -- 12:48PM, dave1357 wrote:

So Betfair will be paying out on both as a dead heat? gl with that.

Meant more for potential settlement other than Biden if he was to die before the Electoral College vote.

By:
shiny new shoes please
When: 13 Nov 20 23:56
Who really cares!
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel