Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FatPunt
24 Oct 20 11:27
| Topic/replies: 693 | Blogger: FatPunt's blog
Doncaster at home to Crewe.
Decent bet at 2.0. Looks like free money. Good luck if punting.
Pause Switch to Standard View Fatties' Saturday NAP
Show More
Report JC1326 August 7, 2021 10:32 AM BST
Haven't checked this fred in almost a year, has the OP managed to win a bet yet?
Report Capt__F August 7, 2021 11:01 PM BST
good start Cool
Report The Dragon August 8, 2021 5:35 AM BST
yes vwd FP comfortable home win for Luton
Report FatPunt August 14, 2021 6:53 AM BST
It's still early days but Swindon (Nap) look overpriced at home to Carlisle. 2.72 available at time of posting. Good luck if punting.
Report The Dragon August 14, 2021 8:19 AM BST
Good luck FP as you say early days so hard to got a handle on much

Ive had a patent on Wycombe, Lincoln and Rotherham to decent prices (all odds on)
Report Capt__F August 15, 2021 9:37 PM BST
back to normal
Report The Dragon August 15, 2021 9:40 PM BST
50% strike rate  not too shabby ... early days

FP u missed posting your selection for the correct score comp
Report FatPunt August 16, 2021 5:45 PM BST
I did post my selection Dragon. It's on the thread I just checked, It was wrong but I definitely posted it. Laugh
Report The Dragon August 16, 2021 7:27 PM BST
ah ok FP i must have missed it. Apologies
Report FatPunt August 21, 2021 8:10 AM BST
So much football today but no really strong fancies. I will however be having a few quid on Northampton to beat Rochdale. Slightly odds on but 1.99 available at time of posting. Good luck if punting.
Report The Dragon August 21, 2021 4:02 PM BST
good luck FP
Report FatPunt August 21, 2021 5:02 PM BST
I think we need all the leagues to settle down a bit before we start making some proper money.
Report shiny new shoes please August 21, 2021 5:07 PM BST
Repeat , repeat ,repeat

Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River
Report The Dragon August 21, 2021 5:18 PM BST
agreed fp
Report Capt__F August 21, 2021 10:25 PM BST
Class
Report FatPunt August 28, 2021 8:23 AM BST
I expect West Brom to brush aside Peterborough in tonight's Championship game. 1.74 available at time of posting. Slightly odds on again but we should be back on track with this little gem. Good luck if punting.
Report The Dragon August 28, 2021 11:36 AM BST
i agree and have backed it accordingly. good luck
Report The Dragon August 29, 2021 6:51 PM BST
winner winner chicken dinner
Report FatPunt August 29, 2021 7:18 PM BST
Laugh
Report FatPunt September 4, 2021 8:39 AM BST
I'm dipping into the National League Premier for today's selection. Wrexham (Nap) away at Southend @ 2.16. Good luck if punting.
Report The Dragon September 4, 2021 9:00 AM BST
Good luck with that one FP intersting selection
Report The Dragon September 5, 2021 4:32 PM BST
draws are the curse of he winning bettersCry
Report FatPunt September 11, 2021 8:41 AM BST
Personally, I'm glad that the International break is over and we can return to the 'proper' stuff. Shrewsbury (Nap) entertain Crewe at 3 o'clock and I expect them to bag all three points. Shrewsbury are no world beaters themselves but should brush aside this poor Crewe side. A generous 2.38 is available at the time of posting and if you favour a more pragmatic approach to your punting, a +0 start on the Asian handicap is currently trading at 1.65 and may well be the best option. Good luck if punting.
Report The Dragon September 11, 2021 9:20 AM BST
GL FPCool
Report FatPunt September 11, 2021 5:04 PM BST
Well, that's another draw. At least you got your stake back if you followed my Asian handicap advice.
Report FatPunt September 18, 2021 8:01 AM BST
After much deliberation, I am opting for Chelsea (Nap) to beat Tottenham tomorrow. 1.76 available at time of posting. Good luck if punting.
Report The Dragon September 18, 2021 8:05 AM BST
cant disagree with that FP

If i do well today I will be following you in on chelsea
Report FatPunt September 25, 2021 8:53 AM BST
It's the North London derby tomorrow and I'll be having a confident wager. I think Arsenal (Nap) and Tottenham are moving in different directions and I'll be taking the home side to just nick the three points. 2.34 available at time of posting. Personally, I'm quite a pragmatic punter and I'll be taking the +0 on the Asian handicap which is currently available at 1.65. Good luck if punting.
Report FatPunt September 26, 2021 7:10 PM BST
I wish it was always that easy. Happy
Report The Dragon September 26, 2021 7:30 PM BST
yes another good all vwdCool

doing well so far on london teams
Report FatPunt October 2, 2021 9:01 AM BST
Is it just me or does it look like a particularly tricky weekend? I should recommend no bet but it's the weekend and you've got to have a flutter, right? I originally looked at Exeter to beat Walsall but 1.8 looks a bit too skinny for my liking. I also looked at Cardiff to beat Reading, I still don't trust them at home and I have never been keen on betting in the Championship. Over in Germany on Saturday afternoon Wolfsburg (Nap) play host to Gladbach. They are currently available a 2.16 and if you like a bit of extra insurance you can have a +0 start on the Asian handicap at 1.59. Good luck if punting.
Report The Dragon October 2, 2021 11:18 AM BST
Good luck FP. Im on Sunderland at 7/5 for my main bet
Report FatPunt October 2, 2021 4:28 PM BST
I've had a horrendous day, I really have.
Report Capt__F October 2, 2021 9:24 PM BST
superb treble today
Report FatPunt October 3, 2021 9:22 AM BST
That was a seriously bad day yesterday. Expensive too. The kind of day that leaves you questioning whether I should bother carrying with this. Maybe I should start a thread listing all my bets so you all can avoid them! Let's see what happens today.
Report gibmark October 3, 2021 11:17 AM BST
Fatpunt , thats not a bad idea , listing  your bets that is , in secret in your living room you hide away the silly or risky bets .....we all do it , no one likes advertisting losing money , i find by posting our bets its concentrates the mind , cuts out silly bets , doesnt avoid losers of course but gives discpline to staking ....and throwing it out there gives it more serious approach , ie you eally try to avoid losers and over staking .....try it treat it as a challenge
Report gibmark October 3, 2021 11:18 AM BST
i m sure you can show a profit
Report FatPunt October 3, 2021 2:00 PM BST
I've been thinking about it for a long time gibmark. I've reduced my stakes today and everything is going right. I'm on holiday in a few weeks, I'll start a thread then.
Report gibmark October 3, 2021 3:55 PM BST
sensible to reduce stakes if on lossing streak , increase once start winning again of course , we all for some reason have winning and losing streaks ....thing is although we are all faceless strangers here so who cares , but biggest reason punters dont want to post bets is the embarrassment of having losers , so that imo only concentrates the mind to avoid them and show a profit .....look forward to your thread ....
Report wolf3011 October 3, 2021 4:01 PM BST
It doesn't matter about concentrating minds, in 15 years on this forum not a single thread has shown long term or even medium term profit betting on football. The closest to it was schalkes martingale thread which only lasted so long because he was chasing losses and even that went bust eventually
Report FatPunt October 3, 2021 4:02 PM BST
Four bets so far today and four winners. Gone for Liverpool +0 in the 'big un'.
Report wolf3011 October 3, 2021 4:07 PM BST
five for me
Report gibmark October 3, 2021 4:34 PM BST
WD Wolf , correction there has been profit threads
Report gibmark October 3, 2021 4:36 PM BST
besides its part of the fun
Report wolf3011 October 3, 2021 4:37 PM BST
Put up a profit thread on football that has over 100 bets with no after timing. I get the fun part but it has never been done on here
Report gibmark October 3, 2021 4:41 PM BST
1000+ bets £10 start , cash out £2400 does that count ?
Report wolf3011 October 3, 2021 4:44 PM BST
and wheres that thread then?
Report gibmark October 3, 2021 4:47 PM BST
check out Tez300 bet challenge , i remember at least 3 £10 starts cashing out over £1000
Report wolf3011 October 3, 2021 4:55 PM BST
yeah I checked it out, he is betting on over 0.5 goals in running at tiny odds just praying for a goal and lost his entire bank 3 days ago. laying 0-0 or backing the over 0.5 goal is good fun but no edge at all
Report gibmark October 3, 2021 5:03 PM BST
its a long thread ,but it has had alot more than that , no edge , no holy grail of coutse not , but has had some examples you asked for , i.e porfitable .........like i said most are too scared to post their bets as they only they tend to het shot down if they fail ......but we are all after the same thing here , so i look forward to Fattie posting his bets
Report gibmark October 3, 2021 5:13 PM BST
my point to Fattie was , imo posting our bets will make you a better gambler ..its not about proving anthing to anyone ..try it ...of course you dont need to , but are you open minded enough to see if it does improve your gambing ?
Report FatPunt October 9, 2021 8:32 AM BST
No bet this week. I'm still reeling a bit from last Saturday. I've got my flu jab this morning and that always makes me a bit nervous until it's done and out the way for another year. I'll have proper study up and post my selections next week.
Report bigmo October 9, 2021 4:24 PM BST
Put up a profit thread on football that has over 100 bets with no after timing. I get the fun part but it has never been done on here

If others are prepared to give it a go I'll join in. Sounds like a decent challenge. Be in profit after 100 bets.
Report The Dragon October 9, 2021 4:31 PM BST
i put up p and l on my thread years ago and it caused so much angst i gave up on it

keep it fun otherwise you will get the idiots stalking you
Report everyone's a winner October 9, 2021 5:03 PM BST
It has been done in years gone by. I am tempted, I've come close to doing this at the start of seasons in the past, though, like dragon says, you'll get all sorts of people sniping and it stops being fun. Over what time period are these 100 bets going to be? You also end up getting people quibbling over what odds you got, whether you really placed the bets and it gets tricky to prove, especially with in play stuff and then starts to look like aftertiming. You could say exclude in play but the reality is most of us do some sort of in play betting, for one reason or another and it contributes to our p/l. In the end it's easier to keep it private. I put mine in a spreadsheet now to try to keep some discipline.
Report The Dragon October 9, 2021 5:07 PM BST
spot on ewaw  id be happy to give it a go.. tbf i think most of the idiots have gone
Report gibmark October 9, 2021 5:32 PM BST
if they go low , you go high
Report bigmo October 9, 2021 6:50 PM BST
Understand what you're saying about the idiots etc. I might give it a go and by no means am I sure I can do it but it could be fun trying. If people start sniping I'll stop.
I Will give it some more thought as I'm aware people seem to criticize so easily nowadays.
Report everyone's a winner October 9, 2021 7:12 PM BST
I'll join you if you start one, I'll just do my premier league match odds backs / lays, no greening, so that there's no ambiguity.
Report gibmark October 9, 2021 7:18 PM BST
Bigmo the only peole who will snip are the ones who wont post their bets
Report bigmo October 11, 2021 7:12 PM BST
Will poss give it a go starting this weekend.
Report FatPunt October 16, 2021 9:06 AM BST
My local team, Northampton (Nap) looked overpriced today when they play Mansfield at home. The Stags have had a poor start to the season and are finding goals hard to come by. Although the Cobblers are no world beaters, they should be able to take advantage at home. 2.3 available at time of posting and you can get 1.62 on the Asian handicap about a +0 start. Good luck if punting.
Report The Dragon October 16, 2021 3:28 PM BST
1 up 23 mins
Report gibmark October 16, 2021 4:59 PM BST
WD Happy
Report FatPunt October 16, 2021 4:59 PM BST
That's more like it. Happy
Report The Dragon October 16, 2021 6:22 PM BST
Cool
Report FatPunt October 17, 2021 10:15 AM BST
I will be logging all my bets on a separate thread starting on Friday 22nd October. It will be mainly Asain handicap selections and the occasional goal line bets. The Saturday NAP will remain here.
Report The Dragon October 17, 2021 1:26 PM BST
vwd FP another good calll at a decent price.

Somethinggoing wrong at Mansfield I think they were one of the pre season favs
Report FatPunt October 18, 2021 7:44 PM BST
Is anyone interested in a midweek bonus?
Report everyone's a winner October 18, 2021 7:59 PM BST
of course
Report FatPunt October 19, 2021 4:14 PM BST
I'm going in again on Northampton (Nap). The Cobblers are playing well and the 2.26 available on here looks too juicy to ignore. You can get 1.6 for a +0 start on the Asians if, like me, that's your preferred approach. Good luck if punting.
Report The Dragon October 19, 2021 6:18 PM BST
yes got to be a fair shout, but others look of more interest.. see my thread for details.

good luck
Report FatPunt October 19, 2021 10:12 PM BST
I'm on something of a roll now. Looking forward to the weekend.
Report FatPunt October 23, 2021 9:07 AM BST
I'm going to be having a little nibble on Shrewsbury (Nap) when they host Cambridge United. Two teams that have a slow start to the season but I think the shrews can take advantage of being at home. Personally, I'm going to take a +0 advantage on the Asian handicap at 1.62. 2.28 is still available in the 1X2 market. Good luck if punting.
Report The Dragon October 23, 2021 8:05 PM BST
vwd its going well  good win for te cobblers away at tranmere. one tofollow ATM
Report FatPunt October 25, 2021 4:27 PM BST
I've already got my eyes on a selection for Saturday at a juicy price. Looking forward to this one.
Report The Dragon October 26, 2021 3:01 PM BST
northampton look nailed on v carlilse
Report The Dragon October 26, 2021 3:02 PM BST
11/10 looks generous
Report The Dragon October 27, 2021 3:41 PM BST
11/10 gone
Report FatPunt October 27, 2021 5:52 PM BST
I wasn't looking at the Cobblers this week Dragon.
Report The Dragon October 27, 2021 6:08 PM BST
gl whatever you go for.... my selections are on my thread
Report FatPunt October 30, 2021 8:59 AM BST
I'm going north of the border for today's selection. Aberdeen (Nap) play Hearts at 15:00. I'm backing the Dons. A juicy 2.78 is available at the time of posting. You can have 1.93 with a +0 start if you prefer. Good luck if punting.
Report The Dragon October 31, 2021 1:02 PM GMT
another cracking call fp vwdWinkCool
Report The Dragon October 31, 2021 1:03 PM GMT
cobblers won easyCool
Report FatPunt November 1, 2021 3:33 PM GMT
If the price is right, I'm going to be having a midweek dabble in the Championship. Is anybody interested?
Report gibmark November 1, 2021 3:47 PM GMT
Bournenouth & WBA on Weds for me
Report The Dragon November 1, 2021 7:57 PM GMT
posted my 3 mid week bets on my thread.

Do like wycombe at 13/10

What u got FP?
Report FatPunt November 2, 2021 12:12 PM GMT
In the Championship tonight I will be backing Birmingham City with a +0 start. The 1.4 currently available is a bit skinny but I can't see any problems with this bet, It's a very confident selection. There will also be two Champions league selections on my other thread.
Report The Dragon November 2, 2021 9:01 PM GMT
looking good fp
Report gibmark November 2, 2021 10:03 PM GMT
VWD
Report FatPunt November 6, 2021 9:29 AM GMT
No League One today so my pick comes from the Premier League. Crystal Palace (Nap) should be able to get the best of Wolves this afternoon. Palace have held their own amongst some tricky fixtures and Wolves occasionally miss fire in front of goal. 2.5 available at time of posting. My preferred approach of +0 start can be matched at 1.75. Good luck if punting.
Report loui November 6, 2021 10:26 AM GMT
Brave call fp, against an in form Wolves side
Report The Dragon November 6, 2021 12:28 PM GMT
gl fp i think it will be a draw butall the best to keep your good run going
Report gibmark November 6, 2021 12:44 PM GMT
good luck Fattie , but i have to agree think Wolves have turned corner ..no bet for me any result imo possible , but good luck
Report everyone's a winner November 7, 2021 8:14 AM GMT
good shout. i originally intended to take palace at 2.6 (available on friday) then talked myself out of it, convinced that wolves were going to be too difficult to beat, given respective positions and latest form. By late friday/saturday morning the 2.6 was gone and i thought that the draw around 3.3 was a better bet but i left it in the end, i don't like draws as picks. needless to say i wish i'd gone with first instinct!
Report The Dragon November 7, 2021 1:12 PM GMT
yes another good call VWD  FP
Report The Dragon November 7, 2021 1:14 PM GMT
think thats about 6 on the bounceCool
Report FatPunt November 13, 2021 9:14 AM GMT
I was going to put up Stevenage as my NAP but the price has drifted over the cause of the week and it has put me off. That leaves me with no real strong fancies for today's lower league football. I don't really like International breaks and so I'm not having a bet. Sorry about this and I hope my good run can continue next week. Good luck to everyone who is having a bet today weather is on the football, horses or whatever tickles your fancy.
Report FatPunt November 20, 2021 9:04 AM GMT
Is it just me or was that the longest International break ever. I had a nice little touch last night and they are plenty of action to get our teeth into today. I'm tempted by the 2.14 that is available about Barrow (Nap) when that play Crawley this afternoon. You can get 1.57 for a +0 on the Asian handicap which is the way I'll be playing this one. I have a few bets lined up in the upcoming days and they will be posted on my other thread. Good luck if punting.
Report FatPunt November 20, 2021 4:56 PM GMT
Bit of a choker that one. Didn't see that one coming.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com