Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
21 Oct 20 19:13
| Topic/replies: 29,010 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Surely Liverpools main target as soon as the transfer market reopens, he'd certainly plug the gap while Virgil is recovering, what do others think...
Pause Switch to Standard View Conor Coady ...
Show More
Report mecca October 21, 2020 7:28 PM BST
Hands off!!  He's recently signed a new long term contract.
Report scandanavian_haven October 21, 2020 7:30 PM BST
he comes with xtra financial baggage, a translatorLaugh
Report wisewords October 21, 2020 7:33 PM BST
Wolves won't want to sell him, but it'll be very difficult for Coady to resist the offer
Report ffaith October 21, 2020 10:12 PM BST
Surprised to see him play for England.
1. I thought he was Irish (probably the name Conor)
2. He played against west ham recently that was the first time I really took a good look at him as there is a bit of hype surrounding him.  Antonio absolutely battered him. I thought he was lightweight and barely Pl class.  I suppose you can't judge a player properly on 1 game.
Report penzance October 21, 2020 10:19 PM BST
started out at Liverpool.
Report Capt__F October 21, 2020 10:58 PM BST
bit slow
Report jedi sophie October 21, 2020 11:06 PM BST
Think the lad has done terrifically well for himself.
New contract and England caps very impressive.

Not what Liverpool are looking for in my view... Or not what we need in my view.

Decent player though, comes across very well too.
Report workrider October 22, 2020 12:39 PM BST
ffaith, obviously Irish parents and a Liverpool lad to boot, I have been impressed by his attitude and his leadership skills , of course Wolves will want to keep him , but will his love of his home club and a second chance to prove himself plus the extra money prove to strong to resist...
Report mecca October 22, 2020 3:47 PM BST
I reckon he should stay at Molineux.... Wolves have big plans for the future and Conor seems to be a major part of Nuno's and Fosons "project".
He is also, due to his infectious personality, more or less guaranteed a decent career in the media after he retires
Report Aspro October 22, 2020 4:32 PM BST
If he continues his form he won't stay at Molineux; that's a certainty. I appreciate what Wolves are trying to achieve, but it takes time to grow and attract players of the quality Wolves will need to push on. They may reach that goal but not for a few years yet, so the best players will move on until Wolves become a household name... across Europe. CL football is the minimum requirement for that.
Report betting_masta October 22, 2020 6:50 PM BST
don't know if he's absolute top top class, i.e. champions league level.  he's not a young kid either who can improve. nice sentiment there as he's a local lad but don't see it happening
Report scandanavian_haven October 22, 2020 7:09 PM BST
Has shades of Rickie Lambert about it.
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 22, 2020 7:15 PM BST
Yeah, cracking lad, done really well for himself but he looks a grade or two below top class for me.
Report wolf3011 October 22, 2020 9:25 PM BST

Oct 22, 2020 -- 5:32PM, Aspro wrote:

If he continues his form he won't stay at Molineux; that's a certainty. I appreciate what Wolves are trying to achieve, but it takes time to grow and attract players of the quality Wolves will need to push on. They may reach that goal but not for a few years yet, so the best players will move on until Wolves become a household name... across Europe. CL football is the minimum requirement for that.

so at least he wont be going to spurs then

Report workrider October 24, 2020 5:29 PM BST
I suppose as the season progresses Conor will be giving his all to Wolves while they will be hoping they can cling on to him...
Report ffaith October 25, 2020 11:39 AM GMT
Yet to be convinced workrider.  At various times I have been impressed by Boly, Patricio, Doherty, Nueves, Moutinho, Traore and most of all Jimenez.  Coady has always struck me as a less influential and paler version of Doherty.  We shall see I guess.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com